BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is in regards to outlaws select 2017 getting congratulations with the help of 2018 players because they were short. They are very good players but the problem is the 2017 black players were told they would be called if select needed players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would they fill spots with 2018 boys when they are supposed to fill spots with 2017 Black? That was what the 2017 Black players were told when their checks were cashed. If select needs players, they will pull from black. Just asking.

I believe 2017 black was at another tournament and 2018 kids were at same tournament. Played in a couple of games, don't get excited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true 2017 black was at another tournament, but their roster is heavy and not every kid goes to every tournament. I'm sure they knew ahead of time that select would be short. They could have sent an email out and I would bet a few kids from black would have changed plans just to have an opportunity to play with select at a high level tournament. With all of these clubs, the second team is always the red headed step child. The point is, it's just another promise made to get people to pay. With that said, if you're upset call the director and complain. If enough people get upset, and the word gets out, registration may go down. By the way, don't tell people not to get excited who paid a lot of money and aren't getting what they were told.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids were asked from Black, and 1 or 2 went, Know your facts before you make stupid statments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids were asked from Black, and 1 or 2 went, Know your facts before you make stupid statments

Obviously not all kids were asked.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's true 2017 black was at another tournament, but their roster is heavy and not every kid goes to every tournament. I'm sure they knew ahead of time that select would be short. They could have sent an email out and I would bet a few kids from black would have changed plans just to have an opportunity to play with select at a high level tournament. With all of these clubs, the second team is always the red headed step child. The point is, it's just another promise made to get people to pay. With that said, if you're upset call the director and complain. If enough people get upset, and the word gets out, registration may go down. By the way, don't tell people not to get excited who paid a lot of money and aren't getting what they were told.

The Black team was also short that weekend (I was there). The Select actually took a kid from the Black to play, but would have crippled the black team down in Baltimore if they took anymore. Select team also very very good and cannot just take anyone, would not be fair. Like a poster previously said- there were some 2018s at the same tournament that helped for a few games. Relax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Black team was also short that weekend (I was there). The Select actually took a kid from the Black to play, but would have crippled the black team down in Baltimore if they took anymore. Select team also very very good and cannot just take anyone, would not be fair. Like a poster previously said- there were some 2018s at the same tournament that helped for a few games. Relax.

Why are all their teams short? They have kids not playing certain tournaments but still short kids ?? That's confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they took one kid out of 30-35. Again, it's a large roster. If they really wanted to they could have taken a few more. Like I said, kids want to play with that team because they are good. The fact is they have a history of bringing guest players that aren't on the roster or a part of the Outlaws to backfill that team when needed instead of their own players who have paid. Now they back filled with younger kids( who are probably very good players). People know this and are upset when they've been told their kid will have the opportunity to fill in. The top team is always the marketing tool for the club and they need to do well so they can tell people how good the club is. Unfortunately sometimes that comes at the expense of the people who have actually paid. They shouldn't make statements they have no intention of following through with. I am relaxed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to understand lacrosse has become one big money grab. There are no real men left any more ( maybe West Point) men with ethics and principles and a sense of doing the right thing are gone. Very sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they took one kid out of 30-35. Again, it's a large roster. If they really wanted to they could have taken a few more. Like I said, kids want to play with that team because they are good. The fact is they have a history of bringing guest players that aren't on the roster or a part of the Outlaws to backfill that team when needed instead of their own players who have paid. Now they back filled with younger kids( who are probably very good players). People know this and are upset when they've been told their kid will have the opportunity to fill in. The top team is always the marketing tool for the club and they need to do well so they can tell people how good the club is. Unfortunately sometimes that comes at the expense of the people who have actually paid. They shouldn't make statements they have no intention of following through with. I am relaxed.

Not practical to offer an opportunity to all 30+ "B team" players. Would have to be just 1-1 private invitation depending on position need and player capability. And even then, not all B-team players should be asked to fill-in as they may not be ready for the next step up in the eyes of the club director. Maybe there are some 2018 "A" players that are simply better than the 2017 B players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws 2017 Select was short players a few weeks ago. Apparently some players were playing with their town teams at a different tournament. They asked a few 2017 Black players to play. This left the 2017 Black team short (they had some injuries and other commitments). Black had a difficult time fielding a competitive roster. Is that fair to the Black team? Does the Black team exist to support the Select team or are they a separate entity that is trying to compete at their own tournaments?

I don't blame a kid from the Black team for wanting to play on Select if asked. Who wouldn't? That's great for that individual player and they should take advantage of the opportunity. The problem is fielding a Select team at the expense of the Black team. That's not right. The organization needs to have a better contingency plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your probably right.....Out of 35 players they couldn't possibly find a few position specific players that the black team coaches could recommend. And I do agree, There may be some 2018s that are better, but why would the club bring in guest players in the past when those 2018s were so good? Stop,with the BS. It is what it is and in the words of the previous poster..."lacrosse has become one big money grab, there are no real men left." Please give us another excuse why these kids couldn't fill in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know nor have any authority here but maybe just maybe they called in guest players because they also have a responsibility to the Elite players to make sure that team remains at a certain level.

It stinks yes but maybe a sign.

were the guest players head and shoulders above what could have been offered from their teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you're saying and it's a valid point, but if that's going to be the argument then they should have a larger roster for select to begin with in order to avoid these issues. It's also their responsibility to ensure they have a big enough team for the summer. In addition, I'm sure the 2017 black parents who paid $2400 and were told their kid may have an opportunity to fill in don't want to hear that they had a responsibility to select kids to surround them with higher level players when other kids are brought in to play as guests. I may be wrong, but I would bet they didn't pay to play. Isn't there a responsibility to all the paying customers regardless of skill level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids on black get more tournaments and better kids do get opurtunity to play with select -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids on black get more tournaments and better kids do get opurtunity to play with select -

Not sure this is "The Queen's English".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No point in more tournaments if they aren't the right tournaments. I'm not hearing very good arguments defending their behavior because there really aren't many reasons for it except to make the club look good with no regard for who gets screwed. Most clubs pull stuff like this with their top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Black(Not Select) Doing best of best Legacy and NXT next 10 days , Not too shabby for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were multiple kids from Black asked, but they did not want to cripple the black team playing in Baltimore.

There were MANY players who had a prior commitment to play with HS that weekend- which was why they were short. My kid was asked to play, but had a HS commitment so could not play with either (he is on black).

Also, maybe MB only thinks a few kids can play with the select and it would be a disservice to anyone to have other players not up to par play with the select.

This is a non-issue. Black getting a lot of exposure this summer, there simply aren't top D1 kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were multiple kids from Black asked, but they did not want to cripple the black team playing in Baltimore.

There were MANY players who had a prior commitment to play with HS that weekend- which was why they were short. My kid was asked to play, but had a HS commitment so could not play with either (he is on black).

Also, maybe MB only thinks a few kids can play with the select and it would be a disservice to anyone to have other players not up to par play with the select.

This is a non-issue. Black getting a lot of exposure this summer, there simply aren't top D1 kids on the team.

Ouch. no D1 kids on the team. His son must be special and committed to a top tier D1 team. So Special. Please your all reaching, all your kids are going to sit on the bench at D1 Program.

Can't wait for the community to wake up and realize this is all a scam. Make sure you pay for that special prospect camp as well. Lacrosse coaches are running to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the input PB. Keep mixing the cool aid for everyone. There are plenty of people willing to drink it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not usually impressed by the individual showcases, but I have to say that national 175 Best of The Best was worth the fee. Many coaches in attendance. Wish they had 3 games instead of two, but still a good experience if you were 2016/17.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I figured most of coaches would be at jake reed? Or is it mostly division 3 coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure there were a ton of coaches at JR, but there was a pretty good D1 presence at this event. Definitely a good mix of D1,D2 and D3. Both of my sons games had about 30 coaches watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not really involved in this sport but from what it seems like this black team is getting screwed. First off, by you saying that there aren't any D1 players on that team is just throwing your son under the bus. Why don't you worry about your son getting recruited first and then you can comment on the other players. Second, who are you to say that they are not D1 players? Are you a top recruiter? Didn't think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why the recurrent notion that D1 is the only important type team on the next level? do they have a lot of experience with seeing D2 or D3 players in college games? doubtfull. many D3 players choose the D3 route for variety of reasons. more attractive school , good team, etc. look at any top 20-25 D3 program and you will find may, many kids who were recruited by D1. choosing not to go D1 isn't some sort of failure is it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After hearing the time commitment to play D1, how a D1 team/coach even dictates what doctor you can go to while at home, my kid said no way. They OWN you, it is not for every kid. Pick the school, not the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess some of the posters may consider playing in front if anyone but D 1 coaches is beneath them. Wait till these same elite parents say "oh my kid can always play D2 or 3. Then they get a dose of reity when they try and walk on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the LI Under Armour team? Won two the first day, including one against the tournament winner Philly. Then list several in a row by one point. Comes down to terrible coaching MC. Bad decisions cost you the tournament, sad for LI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess the previous poster had a son that didn't make the LI Under Armour Team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess the previous poster had a son that didn't make the LI Under Armour Team!!!

Let me guess your son did make it but didn't make it past first round in playoff bracket? Can anyone say POLITICS!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All boys chosen are great lacrosse players, but when 14 of the 24 come from MC's own club, doesn't pass the smell test. He is in charge of to much on LI. UA tryouts, Empire state tryouts, Nat175, Express. Way too much conflict of interest and self promotion. Need fresh evaluation crew. Same kids may make it again (and good for them), but MC is not the answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His coaching was the problem. He failed the team. They had the talent to win the whole thing (beat winner in pool play) comes down to poor coaching. Too much faith in his home boys who did not deliver. He should have made more adjustmentsense that's how quality coaches win games. He had no plan!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike c was the last coach to win in under armour. Last two years when it was coached by Long Island high school coaches they didn't win at all. One of last yea coaches had a kid who made the team but never showed up but I am sure that was mike c fault too. Give it a rest there was plenty of talent there boys need to take some responsibility too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His coaching was the problem. He failed the team. They had the talent to win the whole thing (beat winner in pool play) comes down to poor coaching. Too much faith in his home boys who did not deliver. He should have made more adjustmentsense that's how quality coaches win games. He had no plan!
When was the last time Mike C. actually ever won anything meaningful as a coach? Serious question. I can't recall anything. All I know him as is a continual runner-up on the club circuit (older grades - not the pee wees) and a JV coach who's schedule is meaningless and packed with a bunch of road kill "opponents". I say he's overrated and mediocre at best as a coach. If you expected him to be a coaching genius or something you've obviously drank too much Express/St. A's Cool Aid. He would be about 10th on the list of coaches that might be equipped for this. His only chance of winning is if he's handed a bunch of all-Americans to work with and even then it's not a lay up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Moderator of this site...not hard to figure out who the poster was referring to. There aren't that many middies on a team and also called out the town/school the player is from.

Why are we allowing writers of these posts to target and single out? I thought you had a policy against this.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dear Moderator of this site...not hard to figure out who the poster was referring to. There aren't that many middies on a team and also called out the town/school the player is from.

Why are we allowing writers of these posts to target and single out? I thought you had a policy against this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.. Every once in awhile crap (and I mean crap) gets through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time Mike C. actually ever won anything meaningful as a coach? Serious question. I can't recall anything. All I know him as is a continual runner-up on the club circuit (older grades - not the pee wees) and a JV coach who's schedule is meaningless and packed with a bunch of road kill "opponents". I say he's overrated and mediocre at best as a coach. If you expected him to be a coaching genius or something you've obviously drank too much Express/St. A's Cool Aid. He would be about 10th on the list of coaches that might be equipped for this. His only chance of winning is if he's handed a bunch of all-Americans to work with and even then it's not a lay up.

I've heard him refer to some players as Stallions. Mike C is certainly not in the class of coaching Stallions. He's a dinasour and needs to step aside from coaching/selecting UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another MC quote. looks like Tarzan...plays like Jane

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA needs to pass on MC moving forward.........

Page 37 of 38 1 2 35 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard