BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 55 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He's never had class. He could have played everyone today and won. I guess it's easier to justify keeping his own kid in the whole game if he doesn't make any subs.

Listening to the MLL announcers talk about winning with sportsmanship and class while scoring 20+ goals 4 times and scoring their 19th goal with under 30 seconds had me shaking my head. Total BS. Joe's ego is just out of control and those parents on his team who put up with it and his actions are just as bad.

Just as bad as the Crabs kids and parents that high five and celebrate after winning a game against kids 1-2 years their junior? Please...Crabs celebrate when they cheat and then expect other teams to show restraint when they get to play them with all on age players? Double standard. No fan of Crush but Crabs had it coming and 91 played well and with skill. Would Crabs preferred them passing the ball around or playing offense as defense? That we would be more humiliating on television.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodnight crabs. gonna be a long day. 9-2 already. you can't play with long island.

Congratulations on the win but remember you are but one team on Long Island-a great one but don't ruin it by being a jerk. As a whole, Long Island does not dominant this age group. Crush certainly does and should be proud of that but we all know that. Just stop the Long Island nonsense as you just become a stereotypical NYer and set up your fellow LI teams up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get the hatred not huge fan of the guy but his teams are well schooled disciplined and talented. Ripping him for his son playing a lot is one thing the kid scoring 6 goals in championship justifies things. Lot of jealousy on here Those boys showed people on national TV skills and the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say goodnight crabs. gonna be a long day. 9-2 already. you can't play with long island.

Congratulations on the win but remember you are but one team on Long Island-a great one but don't ruin it by being a jerk. As a whole, Long Island does not dominant this age group. Crush certainly does and should be proud of that but we all know that. Just stop the Long Island nonsense as you just become a stereotypical NYer and set up your fellow LI teams up.

Congrats to Team 91, hard work does pay off. Having played them several times over the years I have always been impressed by their skill and discipline. At the same time, I have always been disappointed by the show on the sidelines, if the parents could dial it back a bit, win with grace and humility, and maybe even bit their lip once and a while they could be tremendous ambassadors for the sport. Lead by example!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Crush. Long Island team with Long Island kids showing the country how much further they have to go to compete.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations CRUSH! Really proud of those boys. Just as an aside note, I do feel badly for the true 2020 Crabs that ended up getting the short end of the stick, because older kids chose to play down and were encouraged to do so by their coach and parents at Beach Lax. I think this game would have been a lot less stressful if there was not a score to settle after the Crabs coach allowed his eighth graders to join his team and bench some of his 7th graders. If you play the game with honor, play with your rostered kids that made the team for this year, then this game would have been a lot more fun for all. It would have still been competitive, as they are a good team, but the Crabs coach set his team up for a beating. The 2020 Crabs played great and should be proud. The Crabs coach, hopefully feels the bite of karma. Congrats to the Crabs team on a good game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really cannot believe that 91 didn't play everyone today. The game wasn't close. I don't get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Crush. Long Island team with Long Island kids showing the country how much further they have to go to compete.

Again, a little humility goes a long way. You earned your win and got your revenge - now have some grace. Why bring in the rest of the country? Karma may catch up with Crush some day too-learn from what people are trying to tell you on this board and be ambassadors and not arses. You are ruining any respect you earned through this win by talking this way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations CRUSH! Really proud of those boys. Just as an aside note, I do feel badly for the true 2020 Crabs that ended up getting the short end of the stick, because older kids chose to play down and were encouraged to do so by their coach and parents at Beach Lax. I think this game would have been a lot less stressful if there was not a score to settle after the Crabs coach allowed his eighth graders to join his team and bench some of his 7th graders. If you play the game with honor, play with your rostered kids that made the team for this year, then this game would have been a lot more fun for all. It would have still been competitive, as they are a good team, but the Crabs coach set his team up for a beating. The 2020 Crabs played great and should be proud. The Crabs coach, hopefully feels the bite of karma. Congrats to the Crabs team on a good game!

you make is sound like its over, its actually only just begun. Just wait until the recruiting tournaments when all best are off about age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you make is sound like its over, its actually only just begun. Just wait until the recruiting tournaments when all best are off about age.

No this tournament is DONE. I am sure both teams will do just fine in the future, the difference- Crabs will play older kids that choose to play with younger teams. However, the coach got handed today what he deserved, for all to see. I'm glad the true 2020 Crabs got to be spotlighted this week. Good for them. I'm sure the 2 yr older players will be filling out their roster next year, while the rest of the confident kids will be working hard to play up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab parent here. No excuses. There were no players missing that made the age cutoff for u13. We were just soundly beaten. Good job to all . See you next Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was the Express in all this? Have they dropped off the face of the earth in this age group? Not long ago they used to dominate this age. Even their older teams are a lot less competitive than they used to be. What's going on there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab parent here. No excuses. There were no players missing that made the age cutoff for u13. We were just soundly beaten. Good job to all . See you next Summer.

That made the cutoff that cutoff was a joke! I heard the announcer say a boy turned 14 last week. So did my 2019. Not u13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really cannot believe that 91 didn't play everyone today. The game wasn't close. I don't get it.

Wait. There are some kids on the team that didn't even see the field? That is ridiculous. They won the game convincingly. Everyone on that that should have at least played a full quarter, particularly because it wouldn't have affected the outcome. All of those parents paid good money and should have had a good experience playing time wise for their kids.

I saw Spallina played his kid the entire game, it seemed, so that is also ridiculous. But if there were kids who were on the bench the entire time, that is indefensible.

Can anyone confirm this? I hope this isn't true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was the Express in all this? Have they dropped off the face of the earth in this age group? Not long ago they used to dominate this age. Even their older teams are a lot less competitive than they used to be. What's going on there?

They were at Legacy Invitational. Not every team was invited, they tried to spread out the teams across the nation. Express 2020 Team 1 is a very good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep harping on how crabs played the last time with holdbacks. Acting like 91 is innocent in all this. 91 has a player that has played with their 2023 team!. So stop acting all innocent. Please dont tell me thats his grade excuse. Hes 2 years older age wise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wasn't just the coach, the owner of the club pushes the hold back, it's part of the Crab culture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's never had class. He could have played everyone today and won. I guess it's easier to justify keeping his own kid in the whole game if he doesn't make any subs.

Listening to the MLL announcers talk about winning with sportsmanship and class while scoring 20+ goals 4 times and scoring their 19th goal with under 30 seconds had me shaking my head. Total BS. Joe's ego is just out of control and those parents on his team who put up with it and his actions are just as bad.

Just as bad as the Crabs kids and parents that high five and celebrate after winning a game against kids 1-2 years their junior? Please...Crabs celebrate when they cheat and then expect other teams to show restraint when they get to play them with all on age players? Double standard. No fan of Crush but Crabs had it coming and 91 played well and with skill. Would Crabs preferred them passing the ball around or playing offense as defense? That we would be more humiliating on television.

Crabs had it coming with the holdbacks at beach lax, ruining the spirit and integrity of youth lacrosse for a win.

This game wasn't just about the two teams playing, it is also a selling point for Team 91 Maryland. 91 blows away the self appointed top MD lax team on national TV, what better advertising for the new club coming to MD...kind of like the new kid coming to school and kicking the crap out of the bully in front of his classmates!

would you like some humble pie to go with those cooked crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait. There are some kids on the team that didn't even see the field? That is ridiculous. They won the game convincingly. Everyone on that that should have at least played a full quarter, particularly because it wouldn't have affected the outcome. All of those parents paid good money and should have had a good experience playing time wise for their kids.

I saw Spallina played his kid the entire game, it seemed, so that is also ridiculous. But if there were kids who were on the bench the entire time, that is indefensible.

I watched the game and I know for a fact one player only was in for one single face off, he played the wing. The Faceoff kid won the face off, ran down and scored and the little wing player came right off never to go in again. Another little player went into the same for the last minute of the game on attack. I am almost certain there were others that barely played. I just cannot imagine the mentality behind it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep harping on how crabs played the last time with holdbacks. Acting like 91 is innocent in all this. 91 has a player that has played with their 2023 team!. So stop acting all innocent. Please dont tell me thats his grade excuse. Hes 2 years older age wise

LOL, good point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the game and I know for a fact one player only was in for one single face off, he played the wing. The Faceoff kid won the face off, ran down and scored and the little wing player came right off never to go in again. Another little player went into the same for the last minute of the game on attack. I am almost certain there were others that barely played. I just cannot imagine the mentality behind it

at that point, Mom and Dad need to move onto another club with their child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only when the 2023 team plays up. Then he is technically playing on grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the final score? Did they call the game at half?
Crush beating up good on the 21s of Carolina. 23-2 at the half.

Not sure if it was a typo or intentional to stir the pot, but halftime score was only 13-2. Final was 25-3.

Ok. That is much better. Feel like a tough beating teams up by 23 goals?

I think they should try to score 50 today on national TV. It would be awesome and would show everyone out there what can happen if you are driven and decide to be the best. Good for them!!!! Go Crush!
Clown statement.......and I was rooting for 91 yesterday. try to score 50 goals makes u the best? I think if u beat a team by ten maybe twelve goals you can still prove your dominance while taking your foot off the gas late in the game with a big lead. you sucked in youth sports as a kid I'm sure. SUCKED

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's still 2 years older than the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is horrible. Spallina is a scumbag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

right.......anyway go chew some tobacco and drink some moonshine.....hurry up before 9 am Maryland hillbilly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am pretty sure (with about 1:30 left in the game) he came to the bench and asking if anyone didn't play, because one little boy raised his hand, that is when he went in on attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am pretty sure (with about 1:30 left in the game) he came to the bench and asking if anyone didn't play, because one little boy raised his hand, that is when he went in on attack

That shows a guy who is not there for the kids (or more accurately, he is there for HIS kid and his kid only). It's not hard to figure out playing time, especially when Team 91 was comfortably in control for most of the game. This is not a tournament 10 minutes from their practice field. All of those parents paid a lot of money to fly out to CO and to give a kid only 1 minute when the team is playing on national TV?

Team 91 parents - how can you defend this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

right.......anyway go chew some tobacco and drink some moonshine.....hurry up before 9 am Maryland hillbilly

go hit the tan salon, and gel up your hair some more! the situation is waiting for you in LBI with some red bull and vodka's...Guido!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are you guys having fun?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go hit the tan salon, and gel up your hair some more! the situation is waiting for you in LBI with some red bull and vodka's...Guido!
ok long beach island is in Jersey clown. I know most of you hicks don't go much further than 8th grade. at the end of the day the only thing that mattered was the score

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the final score? Did they call the game at half? O
Crush beating up good on the 21s of Carolina. 23-2 at the half.

Not sure if it was a typo or intentional to stir the pot, but halftime score was only 13-2. Final was 25-3.

Ok. That is much better. Feel like a tough beating teams up by 23 goals?

I think they should try to score 50 today on national TV. It would be awesome and would show everyone out there what can happen if you are driven and decide to be the best. Good for them!!!! Go Crush!
Clown statement.......and I was rooting for 91 yesterday. try to score 50 goals makes u the best? I think if u beat a team by ten maybe twelve goals you can still prove your dominance while taking your foot off the gas late in the game with a big lead. you sucked in youth sports as a kid I'm sure. SUCKED

I was hoping they scored 60! Perhaps then, the we're better than thou crowd from MD would stop supporting a club like the Crabs, that cheats in "youth sports". The only way they beat this team two weeks ago was to play kids from an older team that probably were holdbacks on that team. Most likely two tears older... Why are you not up in arms about that? Crush was playing for all of LI. LI teams don't holdback or reclass and still can play with the best from anywhere. The record now shows, when you enforce some rules the best from MD just simply can't compete.... It's the very reason you all reclass and hold back, because you believe the same thing! Those boys from LI just confirmed what you, and we, have always known. MD teams play down because they can't compete!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That shows a guy who is not there for the kids (or more accurately, he is there for HIS kid and his kid only). It's not hard to figure out playing time, especially when Team 91 was comfortably in control for most of the game. This is not a tournament 10 minutes from their practice field. All of those parents paid a lot of money to fly out to CO and to give a kid only 1 minute when the team is playing on national TV?

Here's the plain truth. In any team (college, HS or club) there are only 15-17 real players. The rest are there to support the school tuition or in this case club fees. What's not so obvious and very hush hush is that the very best players are enticed and incentivised (quietly of course) to join the team for less than the full retail price and sometimes even for free. The other half of the team are the suckers that are drawn in by the false prestige of being included but the truth is they are selected for their checkbooks only with no intention of receiving field time during the toughest and most important games such as yesterday. Instead, the money subsidizers who pay full retail price are placated with playing time during the easiest and least visible games and are lulled into a false sense of belonging and inclusion. Those are the realities of elite and not even elite club, private school and college teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One should not scrutinize others for not playing in game , maybe they are happy with the enormous training that their son gets 6 days a week , that's not anyone's business but the kid and parents , I am sure majority would think and consider differ , but for the few who have been involved in this team for many years , they have become accustomed to being practice meat for the select starters. The experience being offered by JS and NOT the 91 organization regardless , would never be compared by any other club team in the country as he has given these kids a chance of a lifetime juggling his busy schedule to fine tune a talented group of athletes .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were at Legacy Invitational. Not every team was invited, they tried to spread out the teams across the nation. Express 2020 Team 1 is a very good team.

Here's how it will go in a couple of years. The Express owner will approach a 91 Crush kid and say "Hey, you know I make the selections for the Long Island Under Armour team. Why don't you and a bunch of your Crush teammates come over to the Express and we'll recreate a super team. You'll also have a pretty good chance of making the Under Armour team. Wink, wink. Bank it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I

Here's the plain truth. In any team (college, HS or club) there are only 15-17 real players. The rest are there to support the school tuition or in this case club fees. What's not so obvious and very hush hush is that the very best players are enticed and incentivised (quietly of course) to join the team for less than the full retail price and sometimes even for free. The other half of the team are the suckers that are drawn in by the false prestige of being included but the truth is they are selected for their checkbooks only with no intention of receiving field time during the toughest and most important games such as yesterday. Instead, the money subsidizers who pay full retail price are placated with playing time during the easiest and least visible games and are lulled into a false sense of belonging and inclusion. Those are the realities of elite and not even elite club, private school and college teams.

really no defending the lack of field time for some kids when your team is up by 10. I not saying there should be equal time on the field, but with a large lead everybody should have received plenty of minutes. The 91 coach wanted to pad his ego with a relentless slaughter of the crabs which are becoming an endangered species.

Rumor has it, after the game the Crabs coaches called FCA and asked them to remember them in their evening prayers and huddles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over Twitter and various blogs this morning, Spallina is being hailed a champion of the potential of youth lax. His 91 empire will now go into orbit and along with it his financial fortune. You could not have scripted it better with yesterday's win on national TV which has layed the foundation for a money printing club juggernaught. Express is toast now. If I were Jamie Munro I'd buy 91 before it's too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over Twitter and various blogs this morning, Spallina is being hailed a champion of the potential of youth lax. His 91 empire will now go into orbit and along with it his financial fortune. You could not have scripted it better with yesterday's win on national TV which has layed the foundation for a money printing club juggernaught. Express is toast now. If I were Jamie Munro I'd buy 91 before it's too late.

not to mention what it will do for 91 MD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Jamie Munro was smart he would have bought them a couple of days ago. I'm sure it stings that 91 was so dominant in his own back yard while his 3D Colorado team was really a non-factor. Ouch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on yesterdays outcome it's hard to argue otherwise that the future of the sport is still firmly in the grasp of the traditional hotbeds.

Page 38 of 55 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard