BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 45 1 2 41 42 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles aren't on the schedule so how did they lose twice?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

They are, and they did, Express 2017

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge 2017 wins Adranline Cup. Beats Team 91 in final by 2. Went 5-1 on the weekend with only loss to Team 91 in regular bracket play. Beat West Coast Starz twice, Dukes 2017, Mesa Fresh and Team 91 in final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge 2017 wins Adranline Cup. Beats Team 91 in final by 2. Went 5-1 on the weekend with only loss to Team 91 in regular bracket play. Beat West Coast Starz twice, Dukes 2017, Mesa Fresh and Team 91 in final.

91 had a hard time following up their win against the crabs who soundly beat the turtles .
91 had edged leading edge 8-3 the day before and was up 10-5 on crabs until the crabs made a late comeback run with final 10-9

Final was a good game but with 4 middy's unavailable, the tanks ran dry earlier than expected.

Edge was strong to the finish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab City Challenge in Bel Air MD was a weather disaster on saturday. Sunday playoff games moved to Gilman School turf. Much better venue. 2017 semis were Turtles vs VLC, Prime Time vs Crabs. Great games, great sportsmanship.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crab City Challenge in Bel Air MD was a weather disaster on saturday. Sunday playoff games moved to Gilman School turf. Much better venue. 2017 semis were Turtles vs VLC, Prime Time vs Crabs. Great games, great sportsmanship.
Who was in the final and who won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final was Turtles vs Crabs. Do not know who won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone at Top 205?? Not many D1 coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final was Turtles vs Crabs. Do not know who won.

Turtles lost again to Crabs 5-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs had a tough game vs True Blue. Beat them 6-4. Game shortened because of rain.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs had a tough game vs True Blue. Beat them 6-4. Game shortened because of rain.

legit crabs or holdback crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are NO legit grade/age Crab teams. Everyone knows that. Holdbacks are used throughout the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

legit crabs or holdback crabs?

Almost every team has holdbacks. Madlax actually has more holdbacks in their clubs than the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are NO legit grade/age Crab teams. Everyone knows that. Holdbacks are used throughout the organization.

Holdbacks are a conversation for middle school and younger. By HS all bets are off and you need to be able to compete with older kids. Most of these boys play varsity so the should be used to it. Sounds like excuses to me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not seen the Turtles since last year. I don't think that team lost a single game in years until this summer. They had a long list of d1 commits and were by far the best team I saw in the 2017.

Just me asking, are some Turtle kids just not playing club anymore? Have a few of them flipped to other clubs or are they doing events with their high schools instead this summer? Or are the Turtles a cautionary tale of early recruiting...the very best u13 and u15 teams we ever saw, but other teams and players just caught up to and passed? Quite honestly I couldn't even have imagined this team ever losing a game after seeing them as 8th graders. Don't ask to be rude...but the bottom line is the 2017 Crabs on their best day is a good team and not a great team. Not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not seen the Turtles since last year. I don't think that team lost a single game in years until this summer. They had a long list of d1 commits and were by far the best team I saw in the 2017.

Just me asking, are some Turtle kids just not playing club anymore? Have a few of them flipped to other clubs or are they doing events with their high schools instead this summer? Or are the Turtles a cautionary tale of early recruiting...the very best u13 and u15 teams we ever saw, but other teams and players just caught up to and passed? Quite honestly I couldn't even have imagined this team ever losing a game after seeing them as 8th graders. Don't ask to be rude...but the bottom line is the 2017 Crabs on their best day is a good team and not a great team. Not even close.

Same team, still exceptional. Others have caught up. They are not getting blown out, just more typical of what to expect at college games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same team, still exceptional. Others have caught up. They are not getting blown out, just more typical of what to expect at college games.

They are age legit, probably playing teams now with many 1 to 2 year hold backs and PG's. A two year age difference helps a lot. Rising Jrs playing what amounts to rising College freshman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are age legit, probably playing teams now with many 1 to 2 year hold backs and PG's. A two year age difference helps a lot. Rising Jrs playing what amounts to rising College freshman.

Get over yourself. You're saying that the Turtles are all Rising Juniors playing teams of all Rising College freshmen?

Please. They are not as dominant because more and more kids are in the mix, and some kids plateau while others get better. The Turtles are still excellent, but it's very hard for any team to be dominant every year.

And regarding the 2017 Crabs, that is not just a good team. They have great talent. All four teams in that Crab City final four are excellent teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! These are Juniors now. The holdback argument is mute now. Stop making excuses and admit others have caught up. Plenty of kids in 2017 legitimate can and do compete with hold backs. A team like turtles should not use this as an excuse. Nobody said you are not still good, it's just that the field has evened out. This is good for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the replies. Again I have not seen Turtles in a year, but that they are now not winning lopsided games and are now in a group of 2017 teams that they are trading wins and losses only means the gap closed on what was an unreal U-15 team talent and skill wise. It isn't like other clubs have consolidated power into a few super teams. The Crabs 2017s are not a great team. Team 91 2017s was never a great team like current Team 91 youth teams. Sweetlax and Edge 2017s weren't great teams either. The Turtles were far and away the best 2017 team and were the only truly great team that also never lost a game and played few competitive ones.

I think this screams early recruiting is dumb. These kids are only half way through high school and already we are seeing dramatic differentials in the progression of their development. The then earliest verbal in history to UNC in this class is a player I can't even remember a name. I'd say about half the nifty earlies in the DMV have worked out only ok to be kind, while other kids have bloomed and passed them by. Paul IV is a DC area prep school "loaded with D1 talent" using verbals as an indicator and they stink. Haven't beaten a top prep team yet and they are about where a decent Virginia public school team is, only they won't schedule publics likely for fear of losing. Oh, and they lost their two legit D1 kids to graduation, so likely better schedule different next year. In a few years the colleges who leaned on early recruiting will sound a lot like PVI coming to town. We're loaded with IL ranked former 9th graders! How's that going to look for the UNCs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the replies. Again I have not seen Turtles in a year, but that they are now not winning lopsided games and are now in a group of 2017 teams that they are trading wins and losses only means the gap closed on what was an unreal U-15 team talent and skill wise. It isn't like other clubs have consolidated power into a few super teams. The Crabs 2017s are not a great team. Team 91 2017s was never a great team like current Team 91 youth teams. Sweetlax and Edge 2017s weren't great teams either. The Turtles were far and away the best 2017 team and were the only truly great team that also never lost a game and played few competitive ones.

I think this screams early recruiting is dumb. These kids are only half way through high school and already we are seeing dramatic differentials in the progression of their development. The then earliest verbal in history to UNC in this class is a player I can't even remember a name. I'd say about half the nifty earlies in the DMV have worked out only ok to be kind, while other kids have bloomed and passed them by. Paul IV is a DC area prep school "loaded with D1 talent" using verbals as an indicator and they stink. Haven't beaten a top prep team yet and they are about where a decent Virginia public school team is, only they won't schedule publics likely for fear of losing. Oh, and they lost their two legit D1 kids to graduation, so likely better schedule different next year. In a few years the colleges who leaned on early recruiting will sound a lot like PVI coming to town. We're loaded with IL ranked former 9th graders! How's that going to look for the UNCs?

Hyperbole much? Crabs 2017 is one of the best teams in that grade. And while many people would agree that PVI is an underachieving team, equating them to a "decent public school team" shows your bias and ignorance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not seen any evidence that the early recruits in the class of 2017 are not performing. In fact it is the exact the opposite. Every kid that I am aware of that was a very early recruit has done extremely well. Just do an internet search and you will see plenty of sophomore kids who played major roles on their high school teams this year. UNC, Virginia and Hopkins are going to be just fine with the kids they recruited. Ivys have even gotten into the act with Penn at the forefront with some really good kids.

By the way please don't rip on individual kids. Do the research before you make a blanket statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I think time closes the gap, could it also be that the more dominant teams aren't at the top because others have added many if not most of their players as holdbacks and this, they are just physically more powerful? I'm not saying at this age this makes much of a difference because they are all varsity level, but I would think there is still a slight advantage if your team is 16 and you are playing 18 yr old teams. Nonetheless, I don't think team wins mean as much at this age, as the earlier poster pointed out, it's more about how each individual is progressing that makes the colleges happy or unhappy with their early recruit. I think the bottom line here is that half the early recruits will stay dominant and half will be average after all is said and done and this will determine who rides the bench and who sees the field. Unfortunately, I think 50 percent is enough to keep the coaches recruiting early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason why kids Red Shirt, because coaches know
One year makes a big difference with power and speed . I have an 18 year old
And a 16 year old, believe me there is a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! These are Juniors now. The holdback argument is mute now. Stop making excuses and admit others have caught up. Plenty of kids in 2017 legitimate can and do compete with hold backs. A team like turtles should not use this as an excuse. Nobody said you are not still good, it's just that the field has evened out. This is good for lacrosse.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Evened out... That's so funny. I guess loading a 2017 team with 2016's and 2015's that couldn't earn a scholarship in their proper age grade is the new definition of "evening out". How is "this" good for lacrosse? Losers. "my son will be 24 or 25 when he gets out of college" HAHAHHA for lacrosse. Imagine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a reason why kids Red Shirt, because coaches know
One year makes a big difference with power and speed . I have an 18 year old
And a 16 year old, believe me there is a big difference.

I get that. Why don't college lacrosse coaches have the sensibility to tell recruits to do a red shirt year their first year? If you break downwards the scholarship money from 4 years to same amount over 5 years you're not going to lose recruits. $40K total 4-5 scholarship money at a school costing more than that each year isn't going to shake out any lacrosse recruits. Why all this reclassify or verbally commit to PG year crap? Coaches should want the best recruits getting better on their field at the speed and intensity of college level, in their weight training program, etc rather than hiding at some prep school for an extra year lighting it up against younger kids. Lacrosse has become the ultimate sissy boy sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some Leagues,Do Not Allow red shirting...for example,Patriot League....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles have been surpassed now by Crabs 2017, who has beaten them twice this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat the crabs and adrenaline. No holdbacks on that team either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles have been surpassed now by Crabs 2017, who has beaten them twice this summer.
I have no doubt half that Turtle team now plays for Chaminade and ST Anthonys or power house public HS. Once you get toa certain age club ball is done for many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no doubt half that Turtle team now plays for Chaminade and ST Anthonys or power house public HS. Once you get toa certain age club ball is done for many

Wrong! They are still the same team with the same key players. They are still a great team. Point is there are other teams just as good or better. As the kids get older this is how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat the crabs and adrenaline. No holdbacks on that team either

Fluke. Look at how 91 did in subsequent tournaments. Lost to an ok Mesa team, and didn't qualify for the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! They are still the same team with the same key players. They are still a great team. Point is there are other teams just as good or better. As the kids get older this is how it works.

Of course that's the way it works, these other teams now have 2015's and 2016's playing as 2017's... I know, it doesn't matter right? Makes no difference... They're in HS now... Ya know because only teams from PA, MD and Mass get "better". No they don't get better they get older... Same ole story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course that's the way it works, these other teams now have 2015's and 2016's playing as 2017's... I know, it doesn't matter right? Makes no difference... They're in HS now... Ya know because only teams from PA, MD and Mass get "better". No they don't get better they get older... Same ole story.

They are big boys now, will be going to college soon. The best players start as freshman, both in HS and college. If you are unable to do so at this point, and are only able to look good against your own age group, you have a rude awakening ahead of you! The "older kids" argument is only appropriate for middle school. Again, other kids caught up and are just as, if not more skilled than the Turtles boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So tell me the # 1 pick for the knicks is he ready? you know nothing about sports.16 to 18 his a big difference, some of those kids should be in college already, My kid going into Junior year has two pieces of hair under his arms.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtle kids are almost 2 and a half years from playing their first college game. then the age will not make a difference, and your holdback will be faking an injury to gain another year because he sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtle kids are almost 2 and a half years from playing their first college game. then the age will not make a difference, and your holdback will be faking an injury to gain another year because he sucks.

Keep telling yourself that. The age difference dissappears in HS, by Jr year if you can't be competitive, your in trouble. Did you forget that Turtles have holdbacks? Stop whining, Turtles lost there dominance. You can blame it on anything you want, those are the facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly u have a 19 year old senior

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I have a 16 year old senior who has been playing varsity age kids since 9th. We welcomed the challenge and it helped him develope into the great player he is. No complaints, just play the game. Think the Turtles are great but you didn't really think other kids wouldn't catch up? None of our kids are that special, and having a #1 on your back just inspires others that much more to try to take you down. Be happy you are still a top team, enjoy your accomplishments, and be humble and when you do lose don't look for excuses, it cheapens the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I have a 16 year old senior who has been playing varsity age kids since 9th. We welcomed the challenge and it helped him develope into the great player he is. No complaints, just play the game. Think the Turtles are great but you didn't really think other kids wouldn't catch up? None of our kids are that special, and having a #1 on your back just inspires others that much more to try to take you down. Be happy you are still a top team, enjoy your accomplishments, and be humble and when you do lose don't look for excuses, it cheapens the team.

You CHOSE to have your kid play against older kids. He is certainly an outstanding athlete and was capable of playing up. No one has a problem with this. The complaints are that kids are being forced to play against older kids due to this absurd system that has them grouped by grad year and not date of birth.

What is often lost is that it need not be all about college recruitment. Most will not play in college. But they all play because they love it and are having fun competing and being with, and making, friends. Club lacrosse is a great activity for a young man, from 8 years old all the way up to 18. It occupies their time productively, teaches them a lot of valuable life lessons, and keeps them busy.

Club lacrosse would grow (more $$$ for owners of clubs/tournaments) if they went to a strict age structure. More kids, more teams, more $$$. And it will not hurt the kids chasing the college spots. There will still be big time teams, AA brackets, etc.

Page 43 of 45 1 2 41 42 43 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard