BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 55 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
On Laxachusettes there are a number of kids who have repeated grades throughout the program. They also cast a very wide net. ALL the good players within an hour ride of them want to play on that team. IF LI had 1 team instead of studs spread out across 8 teams our elite team would likely look physically much bigger.

If there are 2019 kids on their 2020 team
how does your post addresses that?

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess they rpt'd 7th grade? I'm from LI but someone from within their program told me that. And I agree with you that its wrong and that ALL tournaments up until "Varsity" should be aged based with 9/1 cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2020 will have an awesome team next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Are you expecting holdbacks? Sad if true since your mission seems to imply fairness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Are you expecting holdbacks? Sad if true since your mission seems to imply fairness

The 2020 age group is getting to that age where everyone moves around and I've heard some good players are going to FCA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the missing team list is because of restructuring. Some of the links were defunct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i want to know how leading edge and laxachusettes gets invited to world lacrosse games and legacy does not. just this year legacy has beaten crabs, looneys, rising sons, leading edge, laxachusettes, florida extreme and west coast stars.something does not sound right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i want to know how leading edge and laxachusettes gets invited to world lacrosse games and legacy does not. just this year legacy has beaten crabs, looneys, rising sons, leading edge, laxachusettes, florida extreme and west coast stars.something does not sound right

Other teams were invited and declined due to logistics or inability to meet the age cutoff, could have been the case here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully we can all pull for crush to bring it home and represent LI. Should be a great experience for all the kids on and off the field that they will never forget. Good luck boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Legacy has been around five minutes and has no reputation. Let's all remember it's really 91B titanium regardless of what TZ sells us, virtually every kid was cut from express or 91. They will improve but that's the reason

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md parent. Pulling for crush as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember it's not where you start but where you finish. Whoever you are you have no clue of what this team is comprised of. 91 and express are going to be very surprised this tryout season who legacy gets from them. TZ is building something good and getting better and better. Crush will win that tournament with ease no worries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, Laxachusetts was not invited and based on everything said about that club, they likely could not have made the age cutoff for some if not most of their players.
Second, they picked 10 teams from 9 different states to try and create as much national interest as possible. The only state with 2 teams is Colorado which, of course, guarantees local coverage and attendance since the games are in Denver. They weren't interested in the 10 best teams, just the best team from a state (except CO) and unfortunately for Terps and Legacy, the best team in New [lacrosse] is the Crush. Look at the team list if you don't believe me. New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Texas, New [lacrosse] and Colorado are represented. They are more interested in the business of the tournament than truly finding the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, Laxachusetts was not invited and based on everything said about that club, they likely could not have made the age cutoff for some if not most of their players.
Second, they picked 10 teams from 9 different states to try and create as much national interest as possible. The only state with 2 teams is Colorado which, of course, guarantees local coverage and attendance since the games are in Denver. They weren't interested in the 10 best teams, just the best team from a state (except CO) and unfortunately for Terps and Legacy, the best team in New [lacrosse] is the Crush. Look at the team list if you don't believe me. New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Texas, New [lacrosse] and Colorado are represented. They are more interested in the business of the tournament than truly finding the best team.

This is exactly how they selected. The team representing Connecticut lost to both True Blue and Viper at Laxfest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for that information. Now it makes total sense!!! It's nice to hear someone talk without using sarcasm or being condescending. Thank you!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So really crush is just going to have a cake walk!!! There is nobody that is going to beat them from those states. My prediction crush vs Maryland team in championship and when Maryland has to play with correct age kids THEY ARE GOING TO BE CRUSHED!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So really crush is just going to have a cake walk!!! There is nobody that is going to beat them from those states. My prediction crush vs Maryland team in championship and when Maryland has to play with correct age kids THEY ARE GOING TO BE CRUSHED!!!!!!!

Correct, and that team is the team that cheated to beat them at beachlax so I'm sure there will be no mercy.

-A Maryland dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush up 22-0 at half against C2C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully we can all pull for crush to bring it home and represent LI. Should be a great experience for all the kids on and off the field that they will never forget. Good luck boys.

I really hope crabs makes it to the final with crush because I would love to see crabs get smoked on national tv. I'm from MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eased off the gas in the 2nd, won 30-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad I went to Denver to see that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame on the organizers for picking teams that didn't belong instead of truly trying to find the best 10...so what if 8 or 9 would have been from the Northeast/MidAtlantic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't this a little ridiculous? I'm actually a little pissed off at that. I sure hope they emptied the bench. If he kept the starters in, and it must have been apparent what the result was gonna be... These are young kids. And before you pull the everyone gets a trophy thing, don't. 30-0 us excessive. Way to get people to root against you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the classy Crush we all know and love. Way to embarrass a team. Hope you feel good about yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the classy Crush we all know and love. Way to embarrass a team. Hope you feel good about yourselves.

They need to save that for the crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that the representatives from WYSL will talk to them if they get to the final game about sportsmanship. Like the LL baseball that it is supposedly based on, there should be incentive to ensure that the benches are cleared by the end of the championship game. It should be neat with the interviews and little background vignettes for whichever two teams make it. Who wants to count the times Paul Rabil is listed as the favorite player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one crush player scored 5 goals in 4 minutes in 3rd 1/4 and added a sixth a couple minutes later yup taking foot off gas pedal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give us crabs v 91 on national TV with no Holdbacks!!!!!

Revenge will be sweet for 91.

MD dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one crush player scored 5 goals in 4 minutes in 3rd 1/4 and added a sixth a couple minutes later yup taking foot off gas pedal

and they ran the clock the second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't this a little ridiculous? I'm actually a little pissed off at that. I sure hope they emptied the bench. If he kept the starters in, and it must have been apparent what the result was gonna be... These are young kids. And before you pull the everyone gets a trophy thing, don't. 30-0 us excessive. Way to get people to root against you.

I wonder if some of the other teams knew what they were getting into. Guarantee that some of the non-NY/MD/PA parents who are not tuned in actually think that their kid is on one of the top 10 teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully they did clear the bench starting with the 2nd quarter. I'm not a believer in telling your kids not to try to score, at least until you are well into the 4th, but that is a crazy score. I'll bet that 30-0 score gets into the heads of the other teams though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crush fan but it's the World Series of lacrosse. Teams travel far to play in a Big time event. National TV and all games broadcast on MLL radio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it just the championship game on tv? espn2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crush fan but it's the World Series of lacrosse. Teams travel far to play in a Big time event. National TV and all games broadcast on MLL radio.

That is the answer. Crush running up the score on a big stage gets the larger 91 program noticed which, in turn, is good for business. As "fun" as it must have been for Crush to humiliate their opponent this way, it is a pretty shocking display of poor sportstmanship. Commercialized as it may be, we are still talking about a youth sporting event where fair play and sportsmanship are supposed to matter. So while Crush may think they embarrassed their opponent, which they did, they also embarrassed themselves in the process with such crass behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Foot off the pedal who is kidding who the same 3 or 4 kids had all the points I would of let my D play some O. Travel 2500 miles to hold a stick and watch. Parents wake up!!!! Your kids win now and lose later when it counts and they cannot produce on school teams!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you listened to the game, the commentators had nothing but positive things to say about both teams regardless that crush was won 30-0. They complimented both teams on their sportsmanship, players didn't get out of hand the way they typically do with blowout games. The Eclipse coach took the game as a learning experience & you can't tell a team to stop scoring completely. There should be a mercy rule in place but since there isn't, there was not much for either team to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the answer. Crush running up the score on a big stage gets the larger 91 program noticed which, in turn, is good for business. As "fun" as it must have been for Crush to humiliate their opponent this way, it is a pretty shocking display of poor sportstmanship. Commercialized as it may be, we are still talking about a youth sporting event where fair play and sportsmanship are supposed to matter. So while Crush may think they embarrassed their opponent, which they did, they also embarrassed themselves in the process with such crass behavior.

They always play that way. This is nothing new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you listened to the game, the commentators had nothing but positive things to say about both teams regardless that crush was won 30-0. They complimented both teams on their sportsmanship, players didn't get out of hand the way they typically do with blowout games. The Eclipse coach took the game as a learning experience & you can't tell a team to stop scoring completely. There should be a mercy rule in place but since there isn't, there was not much for either team to do.
typical 91 bunch of clowns. everyone associated with them too. May be one day they'll catch a lopsided beating on the field. I know they couldn't handle that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the commentators don't have the slightest clue what's going on the losing coach's head or losing players heads. and yeah bro u can tell your team to stop scoring or slow it down. I did it a couple weeks ago with five minutes left in the gand the team I coach was up 11-1. time to pass the ball around the perimeter and not shoot. and one more thing.....u listened to an eighth grade lacrosse game on the radio or on tv? Wow.....boring life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In answer to the clearing the bench. I am pretty sure most players got in, but no big difference in players until 4th quarter

Page 35 of 55 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard