BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 38 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Nassau in a sweep and none of the games close. [/quot

Doubt that. Syosset can't play with Suffolk..
Predictions for Manhasset/Mt Sinai?

Will be over after 10 min. Manhasset in a duouble digit blowout.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Archie Bunker......a great American thank you. and as for my son his lax playing career is long over. he coaches the sport in Canada

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice amount of boys named to the US lacrosse U19 tryout. The whole list is stacked!

where is the list posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my friend you couldn't have said it better. these days too many mommies involved in their son's sports lives. it's called competitive sports for a reason. and a championship game is played for a reason. it's not to crown second place. my old man used to say you know what second place is? the first loser. I've been coaching for twenty years. I'm so tired of the emails and the babying of boys and the moms sticking their nose in. it's a contact sport. bake cupcakes for the team mom. like ny mom did. that was the extent of her involvement. she handed out a few cupcakes after the game and said good job. she didn't talk to my coach or question him. but nowadays it's yay everyone gets a trophy. and yes that person probably dId vote for Obama. first he's trying to take heavy protective equipment from our nation's police departments. what's next eliminating championship games from scholastic sports. friggin liberals. ask the boys playing in that championship game how good they'll feel watching the champions raise the trophy. go bake cupcakes ladies

Just how small is your brain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Archie Bunker......a great American thank you. and as for my son his lax playing career is long over. he coaches the sport in Canada

So he had to leave the country to get away from you? Everyone reading your posts can understand that!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice amount of boys named to the US lacrosse U19 tryout. The whole list is stacked!

On the US lacrosse website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI U19 tryout invites

(A) Tyler Dunn Manhasset 2015 Penn
(A) Ryan Tierney Massapequa 2017 Hofstra
(A) Ryan Bray SWR 2015 Cornell
(A) Brian Willetts Smithtown East 2015 Notre Dame
(A) Daniel Rooney Smithtown East 2016 Ohio State
(A) Alex Concannon Syosset 2015 Hopkins
(A) Macaire O'Keefe Syosset 2016 Penn State
(D) Jack Fowler Chaminade 2015 Duke
(D) Matthew Borges Garden City 2015 Ohio State
(D) Nicholas DiPietro-HHH East 2016 Syracuse
(D) Eddie Bouhall Lynbrook 2015 Lehigh
(D) Thomas Reilly Ward Melville 2015 Cornell
(F/O) James Sullivan Garden City 2015 Harvard
(F/O) Austin Henningsen Northport 2015 Maryland
(F/O) Gerard Arceri Smithtown East 2016 Penn State
(G) Jack Zullo Chaminade 2016 Notre Dame
(G) Jacob Giacolone Sachem North 2016 Hopkins
(LSM) Thomas Wright Garden City 2015 Penn State
(LSM) Blake Carrara Riverhead 2016 Maryland
(M) Jack Tigh Chaminade 2015 Yale
(M) Patrick McCormick Hicksville 2014 N Carolina*
(M) Nicholas Yevoli Massapequa 2015 Yale
(M) Joseph Froccaro Schreiber 2015 Princeton
(M) John Daniggelis Smithtown East 2015 Yale
(M) Connor DeSimone Smithtown East 2017 Hopkins
(M) Joseph Licciardi St Anthony's 2015 Penn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my friend you couldn't have said it better. these days too many mommies involved in their son's sports lives. it's called competitive sports for a reason. and a championship game is played for a reason. it's not to crown second place. my old man used to say you know what second place is? the first loser. I've been coaching for twenty years. I'm so tired of the emails and the babying of boys and the moms sticking their nose in. it's a contact sport. bake cupcakes for the team mom. like ny mom did. that was the extent of her involvement. she handed out a few cupcakes after the game and said good job. she didn't talk to my coach or question him. but nowadays it's yay everyone gets a trophy. and yes that person probably dId vote for Obama. first he's trying to take heavy protective equipment from our nation's police departments. what's next eliminating championship games from scholastic sports. friggin liberals. ask the boys playing in that championship game how good they'll feel watching the champions raise the trophy. go bake cupcakes ladies

Sounds like "Rudy" above never got a chance to play in the big game as a little boy... Good Lord, take a breath, can't argue the on the Political rant (kind of agree). However, sports on a whole "is" about the competition. It's about winning and losing. Only one team finishes on a win, One! By your absurd definition all the other kids are losers??? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if your son is on the losing team he better had not eaten any of mommy's cupcakes because they are for winners only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right winners only like the previous gentleman said. go back to the vacuum lady really.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no champions in kitchen - just women and losers - or is that redundant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get it right. Everyone gets cupcakes. but sprinkles are for winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total farce......a lot of these players are certainly deserving others are just hooked up and like always it's who you know or who you b#!w.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sprinkles are for winners that's right. Lmaaaaaooo no winners in the kitchen just women and losers. too many moms involved in the boys sports. annoying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the majority of points coming from underclassmen yesterday for Smithtown East it looks like they will be strong again next year. Seniors did all of the scoring for Melville yesterday.

What other teams return a lot of impact players for next near?

Will Smithtown East win three in a row?

W

Lets see if they can beat Syosset first before declaring a dynasty

Syosset in a romp 14-7.

I see it the other way....

What happened to the dynasty? SME is getting romped by Syosset. I think they spoke to soon!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the majority of points coming from underclassmen yesterday for Smithtown East it looks like they will be strong again next year. Seniors did all of the scoring for Melville yesterday.

W

Syosset in a romp 14-7.

Syosset totally dominated the second half of the game. Smithtown did not score a goal.

Syosset LI CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to the dynasty? SME is getting romped by Syosset. I think they spoke to soon!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]With the majority of points coming from underclassmen yesterday for Smithtown East it looks like they will be strong again next year. Seniors did all of the scoring for Melville yesterday.

Don't you have to win 1 first?? How can you be so arrogant??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Nassau in a sweep and none of the games close. [/quot

I bet you eating your words now. Not only did Syosset win they dominated the 2nd half of the game. Not even close. This year Nassau had the better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Nassau in a sweep and none of the games close. [/quot

I bet you eating your words now. Not only did Syosset win they dominated the 2nd half of the game. Not even close. This year Nassau had the better teams.

Suffolk overrated. Nassau dominates long island lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau sweeps Suffolk...ouch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau sweeps Suffolk...ouch.

Yea booiiiii! Nassau proving again where the best HS lax in the country is played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody beating Pequa, not Nassau not Suffolk. Get it through your thick heads.

Lmao, whatever happened to this guy ? Tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a nice summer Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your not first you last!

That's messed up! I hope your son is not on the same team as mine! Guess if you lose, and sombody will, the county championship means nothing? Be proud and happy for all you acomplish. I'm embarrassed for you!

Your correct, County Champs means nothing. States. You think the Pats are happy with a divisional title? No, it's superbowl or bust.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W

Syosset in a romp 14-7.

Smithtown East believed the hype a little too much. The program does not have a history of winning championships. Still waiting...maybe next year but it feels like the window has closed with this Senior class leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East believed the hype a little too much. The program does not have a history of winning championships. Still waiting...maybe next year but it feels like the window has closed with this Senior class leaving.

Cant wait to see the rings they order for this years championship lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset in a romp 14-7.

Not a bad guess. Who do you like in the Belmont?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East won back to back County championships. Thats very impressive and I think they have a good shot at a third next year. Smithtown East has a lot of players back next year. I think they will do very well in 2016.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two County Championships in a row. How many other teams in Suffolk "A" have done that in the past five or 10 years? Smithtown East has a lot of very good returning players, they could win the county championship again next year.

They won when nobody thought they could (2014) and they won when everybody said they were the team to beat (2015). That is more than just about every other program in the county has been able to do recently. That to me is impressive.

Until proven otherwise, Smithtown East is the Top Program in Suffolk A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Two County Championships in a row. How many other teams in Suffolk "A" have done that in the past five or 10 years? [/quote]

only one other team has been able to repeat in the last ten years but that was West Islip who repeated 7 times, was 5-2 in LIC and won 5e states. WM has not repeated as County Champs but they are 1-0 in LIC and also won the States -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two County Championships in a row. How many other teams in Suffolk "A" have done that in the past five or 10 years? Smithtown East has a lot of very good returning players, they could win the county championship again next year.

They won when nobody thought they could (2014) and they won when everybody said they were the team to beat (2015). That is more than just about every other program in the county has been able to do recently. That to me is impressive.

Until proven otherwise, Smithtown East is the Top Program in Suffolk A.

A little trivia for you; in the past there have been a number of school winning 2 or more in a row; West islip, WM, Northport. You barely squeaked out the win this year in counties and got demolished in the LIC. May want to reign in the rhetoric for a while and wait to see what comes next year first. Will be a good battle as always next year in Suffolk Class A. No clear dynasty yet!

http://sports.newsday.com/long-island/data/high-school/boys-lacrosse/champions/#f:level=Suffolk;class=Class%20A;level=Suffolk;class=Class%20A|o:c=ORDER BY year DESC,level ASC;d=true;|

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

SE can easily be described by the following phrase " Too much me not enough we" . The talent level on this team was quite exceptional but the discipline was surely missing. Mental and physical discipline was sorely lacking and on display time after time. The coach missed his opportunity this was the year. SE was lucky to get by Melville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the haters and those who have difficulty with reading comprehension.

The post stated: “Two County Championships in a row” – the post did not mention the word dynasty.

The post asked: “How many teams have done that in the past five to 10 years?”. The post did not ask who won the county championship back in the days of short shorts, high socks, bucket helmets, no helmets or superlight II’s or wooden sticks.

The post did not mention Long Island or State Championships, It simply said until proven otherwise Smithtown East is the Top Team in Suffolk A.

The poster was not looking for ancient history.

In the past 5 years only two teams have won multiple or back to back Suffolk A Championships.

- Smithtown East and West Islip.

In the past 10 years only two teams have done it.

- Guess what, same two teams: - West Islip and Smithtown East.

Ancient History the past 15 years only three teams have won back to back or even multiple Suffolk A County Championships:

- Smithtown East , Northport and of course West Islip.

Congratulations again to Smithtown East on a great accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SE can easily be described by the following phrase " Too much me not enough we" . The talent level on this team was quite exceptional but the discipline was surely missing. Mental and physical discipline was sorely lacking and on display time after time. The coach missed his opportunity this was the year. SE was lucky to get by Melville.

I would say Melville lucky to be in the game. Melville lucky to get by Northport. Melville Lucky to go to OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree. Great talent with fundamental discipline and "we" ball missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many freelance all stars .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we all root for our Long Island teams 3 from Nassau and 3 Suffolk girls teams to have a strong showing in the states the more champions the better they all have their work cut out for them lets bring some trophies home!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two things to address; the light schedule this year and repeating next year.

Strength of league play/
I am not sure id say it was weak, if you do not subscribe to my point of view lets agree to disagree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I see every conference as weak if Suffolk is weak. Would it be any different next year if all the Suffolk playoff teams were in one conference. Making a theoretical power conference of 16 team conference would you still consider it weak. But if that was done, only play 12 of those teams and open up the rest of the schedule to play 4 non conference games with 1 sect 8, 1 Sect 1, 1 NYS team (regardless of Level), 1 out of state team. This allows for a good comparison of teams across the state and Island before the playoffs.

Repeating has a lot to do with succession planning/
What team return 70% or more of their starters, of that what are the grad yrs. SE seems to of had plenty of jrs/sophs which would make you think they will be strong again. Without names can you run down the Grad years of the following 2015 Playoff teams (xx srs, xx jrs, xx soph, xx frosh, xx ms). I would do it but I cant find a reliable roster on line.
SE
WM
NP
SW
Quot
SN
HHE
WI
BS
HHW
SE
Mack
Rvr
WW
EI
MC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the past 5 years only two teams have won multiple or back to back Suffolk A Championships.

- Smithtown East and West Islip.

Just to be clear - the most possible multiple or back to back championships in a 5 year period is 2

Page 33 of 38 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard