BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think in general, schools above Maryland, UNC, Denver, are getting bigger, faster, stronger players - especially when committing kids as early as freshman in high school. However, if 2017s who are looking to play D1 lacrosse should continue to work hard on the field, in school and in the weight room and no matter what size they are, if they are good enough to play D1 lacrosse they will be noticed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't make sense: if they are recruiting bigger stronger faster players, the last thing they would do would be early recruiting. Those kids haven't matured yet.
This debate has been going on the last 30+ years I've been around the game. Some years bigger is better, then it trends towards smaller, quicker, then back to bigger stronger. Remember this is lax, a very small sport. You are not giving up football or basketball if there's a future for lax. Not happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a silly back and forth. Sorry tall boy daddies jealous that your son was overlooked in favor of a shorter kid. Do you really think there is a majic height number that if not reached will boom a kids lax fate? Bottom line, if your kid can ball, he will be recruited and play regardless of up and coming so called "trends", etc. I know plenty of shorter kids that are hands down better players than taller counterparts as well as vice versa. Stop trying to create a controversy and let the best players play regardless of height. And comparing lax to football and basketball is rediculous!

Myles Jones! Nuff said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a silly back and forth. Sorry tall boy daddies jealous that your son was overlooked in favor of a shorter kid. Do you really think there is a majic height number that if not reached will boom a kids lax fate? Bottom line, if your kid can ball, he will be recruited and play regardless of up and coming so called "trends", etc. I know plenty of shorter kids that are hands down better players than taller counterparts as well as vice versa. Stop trying to create a controversy and let the best players play regardless of height. And comparing lax to football and basketball is rediculous!

Myles Jones! Nuff said

Where's he now, while Kavanaugh is playing in the semis this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones! Nuff said

And he's playing thanks to Perkovich.... Who's 6'4"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones! Nuff said

Or maybe the other way around, who's a tewaaraten finalist? Jones already blew his chance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crap my son is a 5'7 defender...hope he grows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are right, this is silly back and forth and sorry to all you short boy daddies, there is no controversy, statistics eliminate it, rosters have 1/4 or less under 6 ft and how many of that number actually plays? Better make sure grades are up and sign nloi before coach changes mind. And don't forget your ped's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade JV beat St. Anthonys for 3rd time this season (6th time in a row). The 2017s are undefeated for the second straight season. Not sure if it is true but someone said they are 31-0 in 2 years - first time ever at Chaminade...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones! Nuff said

Or maybe the other way around, who's a tewaaraten finalist? Jones already blew his chance!

Kavanaugh is a great player. He definitely benefited from the doubles opposing teams put on the big middie. However, when comparing him to the 6 foot Thompson, it's no contest. There can be no justification for him not winning. By the way, Jones highest points for a midfielder. I guess his size, strength, speed and athleticism had no bearing on his performance. If he was only 5'9", then he would have really excelled...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its true 31-0. Great game yesterday. Back in Forth 10-7 Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crap my son is a 5'7 defender...hope he grows

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone here about ND prospect camp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone here about ND prospect camp?

Go to it if your interested in the school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm guessing ND has all the 2017 class. But it's a nice trip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to lax power, ND recruited or committed 14 in this year's graduating class, 14 in 2014, 13 in 2013, 12 in 2013, and 10 in 2011. They presently have 9 commitments listed for 2017s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you shortie doubters. Tune into msg varsity Pequa Syosset county championship.
One word=Conncannon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you shortie doubters. Tune into msg varsity Pequa Syosset county championship.
One word=Conncannon

How about Wes Berg?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to lax power, ND recruited or committed 14 in this year's graduating class, 14 in 2014, 13 in 2013, 12 in 2013, and 10 in 2011. They presently have 9 commitments listed for 2017s.

If that is where your son wants to play and he has the grades and talent don't let the early recruits make you think there isn't a chance. Some of the kids who are recruited as freshman will undoubtedly not gain admission due to a change of heart, injury, or inability to get the minimum GPA and scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is where your son wants to play and he has the grades and talent don't let the early recruits make you think there isn't a chance. Some of the kids who are recruited as freshman will undoubtedly not gain admission due to a change of heart, injury, or inability to get the minimum GPA and scores.

Notre Dame is actively recruited kids who committed early to other schools. I think they have a couple spots open still.

I am not a big fan of the coach, although YMMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might have 5 slots open on paper but I'm sure the other 5 are close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how US Lacrosse has "selection committee" for the U-19 tryouts, but here like every other U.S. National team they come back with a severe bias toward the recruits to the programs the coaching staff come from. Are the best teens in the country concentrated at Penn, Penn State or Ohio State recruits? Many great players selected, but even more were ignored by the lax bro old guard. At pretty much every position on the field there are 2015 through 2017 players I can think of who were just robbed. Frankly at two of the most important positions some of the picks were just baffling knowing who else applied...at FOGO and keeper. I'd also like to see a lot less open parenthesis college closed parentheses attached to each kid as a credential. Pretty much every decent 2017 kid is committed somewhere or could be to a D1 low tier program if they wanted to be. Is a NJIT, Wagner or a Siena verbal commit something exciting that I am not in on yet? Yes, my son didn't get a tryout invite and we are pretty incited about it, but then comes the self reminder that this is US Lacrosse. I kept a copy of the application just for laughs...fill in your college commit here. But remember this is not a part of the selection criteria. Oh sure. That had nothing to do with all the Baltimore old guard kids or OSU or PSU or Penn State recruits who are suddenly the best players. Let me know the last time Those three colleges did much on the field. Do ACC teams cringe before facing one of those three?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how US Lacrosse has "selection committee" for the U-19 tryouts, but here like every other U.S. National team they come back with a severe bias toward the recruits to the programs the coaching staff come from. Are the best teens in the country concentrated at Penn, Penn State or Ohio State recruits? Many great players selected, but even more were ignored by the lax bro old guard. At pretty much every position on the field there are 2015 through 2017 players I can think of who were just robbed. Frankly at two of the most important positions some of the picks were just baffling knowing who else applied...at FOGO and keeper. I'd also like to see a lot less open parenthesis college closed parentheses attached to each kid as a credential. Pretty much every decent 2017 kid is committed somewhere or could be to a D1 low tier program if they wanted to be. Is a NJIT, Wagner or a Siena verbal commit something exciting that I am not in on yet? Yes, my son didn't get a tryout invite and we are pretty incited about it, but then comes the self reminder that this is US Lacrosse. I kept a copy of the application just for laughs...fill in your college commit here. But remember this is not a part of the selection criteria. Oh sure. That had nothing to do with all the Baltimore old guard kids or OSU or PSU or Penn State recruits who are suddenly the best players. Let me know the last time Those three colleges did much on the field. Do ACC teams cringe before facing one of those three?

sorry your kid want chosen, but that list is stacked with top players. Not saying there are not other top players that could be on that list, but they can't pick all of them. As for being disgruntled about the PSU and OS kids, if you do a little research, you will see those boys are highly ranked Stat leaders that earned those spots without question! If you didn't like this process, wait till next week at UA tryouts. Always interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One word=Conncannon

How about Wes Berg?

He's 6'1'' 195, if only he was 5'8", then he'd really be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry your kid want chosen, but that list is stacked with top players. Not saying there are not other top players that could be on that list, but they can't pick all of them. As for being disgruntled about the PSU and OS kids, if you do a little research, you will see those boys are highly ranked Stat leaders that earned those spots without question! If you didn't like this process, wait till next week at UA tryouts. Always interesting! [/quote]

Dude, you're off the res with that comment. 25 commits from OSU Penn and PSU. A quarter of the top U.S. talent is committed to those three schools? Easier to sell aluminum siding. This looks more to me like the coaches using this to raise the profile of their program recruiting wise, and gives them the opportunity to coach some of their 2015s before fall and some underclass commits too. Yes, there are some excellent players on the list and I noted that. All of that taken name me 8 better FOGOs than the 2017 Turtle kid or 8 goalies better than the top couple 2017 ones. This seems to always creep in. One UVa alum told me last year when Steele Stanwick didn't make the world team, that had everything to do with Petro/Tabmroni wanting to have their guys or their friends guys over their rival's guy. Also stats for HS season in some leagues means less than nothing Stevie Wonder could have saved 60% in the league my son scored over 70 goals in this spring. Let's face it, U.S. Lacrosse is like FIFA on EBT benefits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry your kid want chosen, but that list is stacked with top players. Not saying there are not other top players that could be on that list, but they can't pick all of them. As for being disgruntled about the PSU and OS kids, if you do a little research, you will see those boys are highly ranked Stat leaders that earned those spots without question! If you didn't like this process, wait till next week at UA tryouts. Always interesting!

Dude, you're off the res with that comment. 25 commits from OSU Penn and PSU. A quarter of the top U.S. talent is committed to those three schools? Easier to sell aluminum siding. This looks more to me like the coaches using this to raise the profile of their program recruiting wise, and gives them the opportunity to coach some of their 2015s before fall and some underclass commits too. Yes, there are some excellent players on the list and I noted that. All of that taken name me 8 better FOGOs than the 2017 Turtle kid or 8 goalies better than the top couple 2017 ones. This seems to always creep in. One UVa alum told me last year when Steele Stanwick didn't make the world team, that had everything to do with Petro/Tabmroni wanting to have their guys or their friends guys over their rival's guy. Also stats for HS season in some leagues means less than nothing Stevie Wonder could have saved 60% in the league my son scored over 70 goals in this spring. Let's face it, U.S. Lacrosse is like FIFA on EBT benefits. [/quote]
US Lacrosse is very political. Lots of good players didn't get invited. I thought the 2017 kids they picked were good but they all had some kind of inside the industry connection . All I know is my kid played on a strong team and had a great year, including one week when he scored 14 goals on highly rated teams, committed to a top school and still didn't get the invite. All we really wanted was the chance to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the cut off for the Nike Ride. Nike pick ups all expenses??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches for LI Express 2017 Team 1 and Team 2? Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 2 is Jack Moran the Head coach of Chaminade HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would like the coaches names for express too. my son is a under the radar flat out stud and I want him to join the best club team out there. express A would be a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be fooled - oldest trick in the books. Moran is in name only and will never show - he's only the headliner until the checks are cashed for the B team. Good luck finding him on the beach when the tournaments start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be fooled - oldest trick in the books. Moran is in name only and will never show - he's only the headliner until the checks are cashed for the B team. Good luck finding him on the beach when the tournaments start.

How can someone make a statement like this with no facts... Jack has been the coach of this team for 2 seasons and could not be more involved. He runs multiple practices every week and coaches these kids as if they were his own. He is also involved in the recruitment process for the team. I don't think you will find one person complaining on this team. That cant be said for most teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jack is at every practice and every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jack is at every single practice and game. He is the coach of the team and is a great guy too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would like the coaches names for express too. my son is a under the radar flat out stud and I want him to join the best club team out there. express A would be a good fit.

I hope this is a parody post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the same Express haters that says Channy will never show up to coach any of his teams and he's at every practice and every game. Haters just like to make things up and they think bc they write it on BOTC that it makes it true..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to Under Armour last night? How was it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles lost
today at Adrenalin, wow!

A
Anonymous