BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 83 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess all is well in ESM land. No drama now that they made the county finals. What a difference a week makes. Good luck on Tuesday.

It's not well at all but will be soon, when she's gone! Just being kept quiet until the end of the season.

I just want to know what administration in their right minds would fire a coach who has brought the program to the county championships four years in her five years of coaching!! Just saying!!!

Ok, I'll fill you in. Every administration is obligated to protect the well-being of young girls, and give them ALL a positive, healthy experience, which they're entitled to, without being bullied, and verbally and mentally abused. Based on your post, I know you don't understand, but believe it or not, that's more important than winning. Nobody is saying the new coach can't be tough on them, but you need to know where to draw the line. Our younger ESM girls will be better off with someone who's more positive, even if they win a few less games.

Giving them ALL a positive, healthy experience is what you're saying is not happening at ESM. Well, according to all the alumni present at the game last night in support of the program and the coach, it would seem the three or four missing from the game who apparently are the ones who did not have a positive experience with the coach are the ones you are speaking of. so three or four unhappy kids are going to ruin it for the many past and present who love being a part of this team. I'm sure every team has one or two kids unhappy. Glad my time is just about over here and happy to have had the time I did under this coach and a program she built to what it is now, as hard as that is to admit for you. the younger kids that you seem to be so concerned about are missing out on playing for a great coach and part of a history-making program. It's unfortunate that allegations and accusations can be made just to satisfy an agenda of a past player who maybe didn't get what she thought she deserved or a parent who thought their child should have been a starter. There are three sides to every story. We will agree to disagree here. As far as the coach, she will have no trouble snagging a coaching gig with her successful past record. Just because you say there was bullying, mental abuse, etc., doesn't make it true and the many, many letters, phone calls, and private meetings had with administration have proven you are in the minority. you may be powerful maybe, but definitely in the minority. I'm happy for the coach that so many past and present came and defended her and spoke to and had meetings on her behalf. I wish her well and who ever takes over the program I wish the best of luck, they're going to need it. I hope you can move on with your life after she is gone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK WHOS GONNA WIN NORTHPORT OR WEST ISLIP TO GET TO THE FINALS

I WILL HAVE TO SAY NPRTHPORT !!!! BY 2-3

Who won when they played earlier this year?

WI won. Think WI will win it. They have no super studs but work really well together as a team. Very well coached. Think they have a shot at MC as well if they win on Friday. Good luck to WI.

I guess you havent watched WI too much and you just look at stats and whats your description of a super stud someone who scores 10 goals against Longwood?? We have a 10 grader who will be Suffolk County Player of the year in two years start watching instead of stat checking and yes we have two great coaches.

Relax Dad.... Didn't say your daughter wasn't good. Just she does not carry the team or clearly stands out above other teammates. Post was actually a compliment to West Islip girls working as a whole unit. Don't need to see stats, could care less about them. I was at the game when my daughter played West Islip. Go back to your red cups and getting lit before your daughters games,,,,classy!

Zero chance player of the year will be from WI , just got to watch a group of very talented 10 th graders from LI at school girls tourney and sorry to say they are head and shoulders above the rest .

Lets just say that you were watching our 10th grader who was at the school girls tourney, thats all I need to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess all is well in ESM land. No drama now that they made the county finals. What a difference a week makes. Good luck on Tuesday.

It's not well at all but will be soon, when she's gone! Just being kept quiet until the end of the season.

I just want to know what administration in their right minds would fire a coach who has brought the program to the county championships four years in her five years of coaching!! Just saying!!!

Ok, I'll fill you in. Every administration is obligated to protect the well-being of young girls, and give them ALL a positive, healthy experience, which they're entitled to, without being bullied, and verbally and mentally abused. Based on your post, I know you don't understand, but believe it or not, that's more important than winning. Nobody is saying the new coach can't be tough on them, but you need to know where to draw the line. Our younger ESM girls will be better off with someone who's more positive, even if they win a few less games.

Giving them ALL a positive, healthy experience is what you're saying is not happening at ESM. Well, according to all the alumni present at the game last night in support of the program and the coach, it would seem the three or four missing from the game who apparently are the ones who did not have a positive experience with the coach are the ones you are speaking of. so three or four unhappy kids are going to ruin it for the many past and present who love being a part of this team. I'm sure every team has one or two kids unhappy. Glad my time is just about over here and happy to have had the time I did under this coach and a program she built to what it is now, as hard as that is to admit for you. the younger kids that you seem to be so concerned about are missing out on playing for a great coach and part of a history-making program. It's unfortunate that allegations and accusations can be made just to satisfy an agenda of a past player who maybe didn't get what she thought she deserved or a parent who thought their child should have been a starter. There are three sides to every story. We will agree to disagree here. As far as the coach, she will have no trouble snagging a coaching gig with her successful past record. Just because you say there was bullying, mental abuse, etc., doesn't make it true and the many, many letters, phone calls, and private meetings had with administration have proven you are in the minority. you may be powerful maybe, but definitely in the minority. I'm happy for the coach that so many past and present came and defended her and spoke to and had meetings on her behalf. I wish her well and who ever takes over the program I wish the best of luck, they're going to need it. I hope you can move on with your life after she is gone.
I agree with the above poster. My daughter is an alumni and I would have no problem standing in front of this team, past teams, and future teams and defending BT. Is she tough..yes!! Is she caring ABSOLUTELY!! Does she bully the kids..if you think yelling at a player instead of coddling them when they make mistakes is bullying then I disagree with you. SHe has built a legacy that no other will ever be able to from the moment she put on the ESM colors. My daughter was honoured to play for her and loved all four years she had with her. When she is home from school she along with her past teammates have made it a point to attend every game they can to show their support for their old teammates and to teach the younger ones what it means to be an alumni. They do not wear their college color they were their ESM PRIDE!!! The loudest in the stands!! Move on from your agenda to ruin this coach because your daughter didnt get the time YOU feel she deserved..its not about you!! I wish Coach well if administration is crazy enough to let her go because any school on LI will be lucky to have her...any college would as well!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's actually my point , there were several 10 th graders on that team who were clearly better , if you did not see that then you are just blind .I am sure she is a good player considering she made the team but you said player of the year, sorry but not in the same league as those other top 10 th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Wantagh! Goalie was amazing! New coach and great chemistry!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Perhaps the inconsistencies with the statistics and resumes is the reason College coaches choose to look at their potential recruits and their style of play over the summer. A 6 year varsity starter from a weak program with hundreds of points doesn't compare with a 2 year Varsity impact player at a strong program. Coaches make the rounds at the summmer club tournaments and camps and look for players who excel in the challenging games.

High school ball should be about town pride, camaraderie, and perhaps a championship. The best teams play as teams. The oft ignored defense (in the stat column) usually makes the difference in those tight championship games.

Good luck to all our Long Island teams this season! And to the parents, try to relax and enjoy the ride!

Yes. Good post.

Have to disagree, sometimes that 6 year starter is just better than the 2 year impact player, sometimes not. To diminish any of these kids accomplishments because of jealousy is silly. Have seen travel teams who are made up of many of these 6 year starters play against the travel teams with the 2 year impact kids and can say i will take the team with the 6 year starters i.e. YJ vs Liberty
How are the teams with the 6 year starters doing today? Could any of those teams beat Liberty/Manhasset? If you want your kid to be a "gotta get mine" player and in the end not reach there goal stay at Y.J. If you want your kid to learn to play as a team and succeed play liberty and win in the end. While your kid is going down to Maryland that first tournament in June to beat on Liberty remember, its just because Manhasset is going up state to play for the state. At least you get to brag to one another how you kid got 12 goals against Brentwood as a 7th grade starter.

Congrats to Wantagh, you beat GC and Set back to back you deserve a County championship. Sorry, but Set continues to underperform in the big spots, not enough state titles for a program built to win them starting in elementary school at Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That's actually my point , there were several 10 th graders on that team who were clearly better , if you did not see that then you are just blind .I am sure she is a good player considering she made the team but you said player of the year, sorry but not in the same league as those other top 10 th
And I'm sure you picked last years Suffolk Player of the Year as well? This year if it's not the West Babylon kid then you are all blind. See you at the dinner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was clearly said in two years not this year!!!!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]That's actually my point , there were several 10 th graders on that team who were clearly better , if you did not see that then you are just blind .I am sure she is a good player considering she made the team but you said player of the year, sorry but not in the same league as those other top 10 th
And I'm sure you picked last years Suffolk Player of the Year as well? This year if it's not the West Babylon kid then you are all blind. See you at the dinner.

I just think it's really stupid to call out a player as a future player of the year two years before her time. Think it if you want, but don't state it publicly. It's putting a target on her, both on the field and in the stands and in this forum. Cream rises to the top whether someone announces it or not. If she's the cream, then that will be obvious in two years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job by Wantagh but the it has to get a little tougher on CSH 17-1 in finals? Why is there even a class 3 season?

North Shore, Southside, Long Beach, Plainedge, Calhoun, Macarther, Hewlett will never win a county with GC, Sett and Wantagh ahead of them yet CSH is anointed before the season starts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Wantagh girls...They have improved greatly over the past few years and deserve the Class B County Title!

Way to go Lady Warriors! It was just a matter of time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is a joke.
Your daughter got cut didn't she? don't worry Y.J. will take her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is a joke.
Your daughter got cut didn't she? don't worry Y.J. will take her

Manhasset played 12 girls last night plus 2 goalies. How many of those players play on Liberty?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is a joke.

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not one of the teams mentioned could beat CSH this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Great job by Wantagh but the it has to get a little tougher on CSH 17-1 in finals? Why is there even a class 3 season?

North Shore, Southside, Long Beach, Plainedge, Calhoun, Macarther, Hewlett will never win a county with GC, Sett and Wantagh ahead of them yet CSH is anointed before the season starts"

Lets all shed a tear for them...CSH plays in Conference 1 along with GC, Manhasset, Wantagh and a number of the large A schools with good lax programs in the regular season despite its size and does just fine... If those other towns build their programs maybe one day they WILL compete for a championship. The size of the schools are what they are and you compete in the state tournament vs. like sized schools no matter what the sport. No one was crying for all the other schools when South Side was dominating the woman's soccer field for decades--they have a limited pool to pull from but have a great program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Wantagh can develop and win the B's . Other towns can do it too. It takes leadership and a strong youth program that Wantagh has developed. Wantagh is still a baseball town and was a Softball town. Wantagh did not have the lacrosse roots like GC and Man do when they started the girls program.

Other towns have the resources and athletes to develop their programs they just need the leadership.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Great job by Wantagh but the it has to get a little tougher on CSH 17-1 in finals? Why is there even a class 3 season?

North Shore, Southside, Long Beach, Plainedge, Calhoun, Macarther, Hewlett will never win a county with GC, Sett and Wantagh ahead of them yet CSH is anointed before the season starts"

Lets all shed a tear for them...CSH plays in Conference 1 along with GC, Manhasset, Wantagh and a number of the large A schools with good lax programs in the regular season despite its size and does just fine... If those other towns build their programs maybe one day they WILL compete for a championship. The size of the schools are what they are and you compete in the state tournament vs. like sized schools no matter what the sport. No one was crying for all the other schools when South Side was dominating the woman's soccer field for decades--they have a limited pool to pull from but have a great program.

Can someone post what the school breakdown "population size" actually is? Maybe That needs to be adjusted by the state.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is a joke.

Why?
because there not the yellow jackets, and my daughter is better than yours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh high school girls lacrosse has gone to numerous county finals at least 7 losing to the eventual state champs and a top ten national ranked team each time. So you are mistaken when you say wantagh is not a lacrosse town. GC and manhasset always stood in the way, and if I'm not mistaken not bad teams to lose to. Wantagh girls lax have been a top ten Long Island school for at least 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Wantagh can develop and win the B's . Other towns can do it too. It takes leadership and a strong youth program that Wantagh has developed. Wantagh is still a baseball town and was a Softball town. Wantagh did not have the lacrosse roots like GC and Man do when they started the girls program.

Other towns have the resources and athletes to develop their programs they just need the leadership.

Our PAL coaching and leadership sets every team up around a few travel kids and then everyone else watches and gets discouraged and then quits. That's the type of leadership we have. What does winning a 2nd grade PAL game by 15 with one kid scoring 12 really do for the program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's embarrassing. If anything my son was slightly persecuted being the coaches son and would hear it if he wasn't passing and making the right lax play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh plays good (great) lacrosse for both the boys and girls but it is a baseball town. Wantagh has been a baseball town since the 1960s.

Garden City plays good baseball won countries and state championships...are they a baseball town?

Trust me I am not putting down the Wantagh lacrosse programs, but historically Wantagh is a baseball town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If Wantagh can develop and win the B's . Other towns can do it too. It takes leadership and a strong youth program that Wantagh has developed. Wantagh is still a baseball town and was a Softball town. Wantagh did not have the lacrosse roots like GC and Man do when they started the girls program.

Our PAL coaching and leadership sets every team up around a few travel kids and then everyone else watches and gets discouraged and then quits. That's the type of leadership we have. What does winning a 2nd grade PAL game by 15 with one kid scoring 12 really do for the program?

The real problem is you'd rather criticize a coach from the sidelines then sacrifice your time in coaching these girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say you are correct historically about baseball and Wantagh,still maybe for the boys,but Wantagh Girls Lacrosse had been on the rise for the past 10 years,also starting with a strong PAL program and girls who play travel also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think its safe to say that the teams that are consistently on top have a strong youth program where everyone plays, then a high percentage of those kids play over the summer and finally a strong school coach and system that mirrors the youth program keeping everyone involved from 7th-12th. The top down varsity HC philosophy is implemented on all teams with the best programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could Liberty be a joke if the have all manhasset and GC players? How is that possible?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could Liberty be a joke if the have all manhasset and GC players? How is that possible?

I noticed that there are a lot of Elevate kids on Syosset, CSH and even a bunch on Wantagh. Seems like they are recruiting kids from the right programs to join.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top GC girls play YJ and TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau County Championships - I saw all three games yesterday and 2 of the 3 were very exciting to watch. Here are some random thoughts from yesterday.

Game 1 - CSH vs. Oyster Bay - This game was over in the first ten minutes of the game. CSH moves the ball very well in transition and could have put up a lot more goals if they wanted to. They have their toughest game of the season up next against Mount Sinai. Should be a great one.

Game 2 - Syosset vs. Farmingdale - one of my favorite things was the Farmingdale boys team was wearing the Farmingdale girl's teams home jerseys - Lady Dalers on the front. Great school spirit. However the Dalers in their new black jerseys - AKA The Oakland Raiders - did not intimidate Syosset at all. Syosset was the deeper team and played a great all around game.

Game 3 - Wantagh vs. Manhasset - Wantagh came to play - especially their goalie who played lights out. Some things I did not like in this game - Manhasset coach constantly berating the refs, especially the time two players were down on the field and she was still arguing the call. Who does she think she is - Bill Tierney? If they had given her a card early, it would have kept her out of the game. Unfortunately - her tactics worked and the refs seemed to give her a lot of calls.

Adelphi is a great spot to watch the games and Saturday should be another 3 great games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed that there are a lot of Elevate kids on Syosset, CSH and even a bunch on Wantagh. Seems like they are recruiting kids from the right programs to join.

TG also has a good number of Wantagh Girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would they have all GC kids? you're lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the elite travel programs take the very best girl or two from all towns, including Manhasset and GC, liberty has a limited draw from a couple towns. Truth is only a couple girls from each age group would make the top travel clubs top team. So take your top 2 players in an age group, now add 22 other girls who are just as good or better and you have what the elite clubs approach. Drawing from a small group, you can't compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the elite travel programs take the very best girl or two from all towns, including Manhasset and GC, liberty has a limited draw from a couple towns. Truth is only a couple girls from each age group would make the top travel clubs top team. So take your top 2 players in an age group, now add 22 other girls who are just as good or better and you have what the elite clubs approach. Drawing from a small group, you can't compete.

Liberty A = yj B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and where are the games this weekend? What is the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Championships - Saturday at Adelphi

C: 2:30 A: 5:00pm B: 7:30pm

Class A: Syosset vs. West Islip

Class B: Wantagh vs. Eastport Southport Manor

Class C: Cold Spring Harbor vs. Mount Sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CAn anyone provide odds / favorites?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 out of three for Suffolk
WI
Wantagh
MT Sinai

Page 77 of 83 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard