BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard Igloo played Terps this weekend and won the game. Does anyone know if this was part of a tournament or a scrimmage?

That would be a surprise.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk here about the A teams but who would people rate as the better B teams in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bit early to judge. There have been some scrimmages and spring tournaments but we will have a better picture after LI Laxfest. It also depends on what brackets teams play in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk here about the A teams but who would people rate as the better B teams in this age group?

You trying to make yourself feel better, make others feel worse or both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would depend on how you define a B team. For example, last year Titanium was technically 91's B team but they were arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in this age. If you choose to go with AA as the best teams (Crush, Terps, Legacy) and A as the next tier (Igloo, True Blue, fl$, Wolverines, Team LI, Vipers) then the B teams would be next (Outlaws Black, 91 Orangemen, Legacy Ravage) and then there could even be a C tier (Outlaws Silver, 91 Stampede). And please refrain from the useless comments on how ridiculous it is to rank the teams, blah blah blah...if you are on this message board, you are interested in discussions like this so cut the holier than thou crap.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ won both game 6 to 2.....good start to the spring despite the early rain. Was surprised about the NYC team. They were big and pretty solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last week: Terps> Igloo
fl$> True Blue
fl$> EXPRESS NYC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well stated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on your view of the landscape...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, what is the tuition for Express this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would depend on how you define a B team. For example, last year Titanium was technically 91's B team but they were arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in this age. If you choose to go with AA as the best teams (Crush, Terps, Legacy) and A as the next tier (Igloo, True Blue, fl$, Wolverines, Team LI, Vipers) then the B teams would be next (Outlaws Black, 91 Orangemen, Legacy Ravage) and then there could even be a C tier (Outlaws Silver, 91 Stampede). And please refrain from the useless comments on how ridiculous it is to rank the teams, blah blah blah...if you are on this message board, you are interested in discussions like this so cut the holier than thou crap.

Well done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ won both game 6 to 2.....good start to the spring despite the early rain. Was surprised about the NYC team. They were big and pretty solid.

Then TB beat NYC by a wide margin. fl$ goalies played great. Very good scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then TB beat NYC by a wide margin. fl$ goalies played great. Very good scrimmages.

Is the Wolverines the team that they Call Express - team 2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all greys 2020 like?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and Barracudas are team 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the Wolverines the team that they Call Express - team 2?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and Barracudas are team 3

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 2020 Crush Team locked down? I know they have been playing together for years(which is funny bec they are 7th gr) and want to know if a player can make it, if he is not a Duke coaches son.

This is a legit question. I believe the answer is No way is a spot available. But I thought I wd ask the 2020 parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 2020 Crush Team locked down? I know they have been playing together for years(which is funny bec they are 7th gr) and want to know if a player can make it, if he is not a Duke coaches son.

This is a legit question. I believe the answer is No way is a spot available. But I thought I wd ask the 2020 parents.

There are always spots available. 2-3 new kids a year due to adjustments both ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are always spots available. 2-3 new kids a year due to adjustments both ways.

But don't kid yourself, your son had better be the best! Crush is not for good or very good, only the absolute best (and a couple of kids that have dads who hang with the coach). And even the ones that don't belong are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats great to know. I am holding back my 2019 goalie and plan on tryout for the team I have made the right phone calls should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats great to know. I am holding back my 2019 goalie and plan on tryout for the team I have made the right phone calls should be fun.

He better be damn mf good. Really good, if he is getting held back for lax, something tells me he isn't good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to PA. PLENTY of spots for great players. Lower taxes and private school. Still cheaper with my commute 3x wk to NYC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But don't kid yourself, your son had better be the best! Crush is not for good or very good, only the absolute best (and a couple of kids that have dads who hang with the coach). And even the ones that don't belong are very good.

There may be 2-3 spots a year on Crush which happens because kids leave when they don't play. So perhaps you can get your kid on the team by taking advantage of this phenomenon...but then he more than likely becomes the new kid who doesn't play. This is not unique to Crush, kids leave Terps and other top teams for the same reason. Great for Dad to brag about his son being on the team, but if the kid is not playing is there any point? Also, it is expensive to be on Crush or Terps. They travel all over the place constantly, which is great if your kid is part of it, getting better against top teams and having fun. Think about it, though, if you are going out of state every weekend to watch your kid get garbage time minutes. It can be very, very frustrating. Just go in with your eyes open....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving to PA. PLENTY of spots for great players. Lower taxes and private school. Still cheaper with my commute 3x wk to NYC

You go ahead and enjoy that. And especially the neighbors with the missing teeth and the still out back making 'shine in the woods. No Thank You!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get off your high horse. Their are 22 kids on that team. Only 13 see the field for significant playing time. Plenty of kids out their just as good as the Crush kids. Crush is fortunate to have 13 quality players on one team. That's hard to find with so many teams out there. They started early and did a nice job developing them over the Years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA Home of the two time High School National Champions. Haverford, EA, Malvern all in a stones throw. Probably the hottest 20 square miles when it comes to lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA Home of the two time High School National Champions. Haverford, EA, Malvern all in a stones throw. Probably the hottest 20 square miles when it comes to lacrosse.

Home of a few holdbacks too.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get off your high horse. Their are 22 kids on that team. Only 13 see the field for significant playing time. Plenty of kids out their just as good as the Crush kids. Crush is fortunate to have 13 quality players on one team. That's hard to find with so many teams out there. They started early and did a nice job developing them over the Years

I would tend to agree with you, however from what I have always observed while watching that team there are probably 4 or 5 players on that Crush team who are true difference makers. They have 2 midfielders who are excellent and the left attack man who is absolutely exceptional. I agree That the first line of Crush is probably the best in the age, but kids are still developing and only time will tell if teams catch up or fall further behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of kids just as good? Ya think? I don't. I think the view is nice from this saddle. Frankly, even a practice player on Crush is getting better than most of their peers. That is just the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately they are a small team in shear size and weight...When you start playing 15 and 16 year olds that have your kid by 50 or 60 pounds it ain't as easy as it used to be. Good luck

Plenty of kids just as good? Ya think? I don't. I think the view is nice from this saddle. Frankly, even a practice player on Crush is getting better than most of their peers. That is just the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have yet to meet a kid who is happy just getting to practice but not play meaningful minutes, or at all, in the game. At the end of the day they are still kids....they all want to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all greys 2020 like?

...that good huh shocked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
need to know the right people, with any of these teams. as soon as they establish their cores its friends and family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have yet to meet a kid who is happy just getting to practice but not play meaningful minutes, or at all, in the game. At the end of the day they are still kids....they all want to play.

No good player wants to be a practice cone no matter how many t-shirts he gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that is opinion. There are plenty just as good. Saw players just as good at tryouts. Need to crack starting lineup to make team. Otherwise no reason for coach to change players where they have kids willing to ride the pine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that is opinion. There are plenty just as good. Saw players just as good at tryouts. Need to crack starting lineup to make team. Otherwise no reason for coach to change players where they have kids willing to ride the pine.

Seems like a green eyed monster is rearing it's ugly head. Face it, your kid didn't make the best team in the country, because he is not at that level. Face facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what u have read, and heard:

Fact of the matter is:

CRUSH is committed to its current players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what u have read, and heard:

Fact of the matter is:

CRUSH is committed to its current players.

Fact: and they are the best or close to it top to bottom. Even more of a fact, they are getting better.

Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard