BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 229 of 327 1 2 227 228 229 230 231 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw some SB Girls down at the PAL Great Role Models for our girls!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could prolly say the same thing about every class. Sigh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people know that she owns tournaments?

And I would guess there are kick backs from other tournaments or (team quantity discounts)that she directs the YJ's to.

All these tournaments range from $950 - $2,000+. How many YJ teams do they have? Do the math on the fees she collects just for tournaments from the YJ's!!!! And people wonder why there are 6 teams in some age groups

Wow, that's unbelievable! I didn't know she was getting money from all of those tournaments. So on top of all the registration fees we pay to be YJ she gets all of that cash on top!!! Multiplied by 6 teams per age group...WOW

And half of your games at each of the tournaments are against other YJ teams

Bottom line is the lady is a brilliant business person. She has built a program that a lot of people want to be associated with. When you have people willing to spend over $1000.00 so their daughter can play on a lower level team that is coached by a player’s father that knows nothing about lacrosse, she must be doing something right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marketing Genius

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the 6 teams in most age groups its the $2,000 per team she charges them per tournament about 10x per year!

Except for the top 25 girls in each age group, the rest of them pay her tens of thousands of dollars to get a athletic scholarship offer of ZERO to about 5,000 per year at some $50 thousand a year university.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re referring to the 2019 Cook team, I don’t know if that was a good thing business wise. Because of the Daddy coach, there was a huge drop off of kids that were on the team last year and most kids who were moved to the team this year have bailed. From what I’ve heard from other parents and kids in the age group, he’s has no clue about coaching lacrosse and should not be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re referring to the 2019 Cook team, I don’t know if that was a good thing business wise. Because of the Daddy coach, there was a huge drop off of kids that were on the team last year and most kids who were moved to the team this year have bailed. From what I’ve heard from other parents and kids in the age group, he’s has no clue about coaching lacrosse and should not be there.

Cook is no longer coaching. Do you think CR will have enough respect for the parents and kids to tell them that she is not even with the organization anymore? So far she hasn't said a word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is she not coaching because of the Daddy coach?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cook is no longer coaching. Do you think CR will have enough respect for the parents and kids to tell them that she is not even with the organization anymore? So far she hasn't said a word.
So those folks paid $1475.00 to have their daughter play on a team with no coach, other than some guy who thinks he can instruct these girls because he watches girl’s lacrosse on MSG varsity. I thought the point of joining a travel league, is to receive quality instruction from experienced coaches. Sounds like a rip-off to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So those folks paid $1475.00 to have their daughter play on a team with no coach, other than some guy who thinks he can instruct these girls because he watches girl’s lacrosse on MSG varsity. I thought the point of joining a travel league, is to receive quality instruction from experienced coaches. Sounds like a rip-off to me.

Don't forget about the 2018 guy who coaches JV and thinks that if you just put good girls on the field they will win. Lots of yelling and screaming and playing his favorites but no winning. A real coach would see that a bunch of his girls were playing out of position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the 6 teams in most age groups its the $2,000 per team she charges them per tournament about 10x per year!

Except for the top 25 girls in each age group, the rest of them pay her tens of thousands of dollars to get a athletic scholarship offer of ZERO to about 5,000 per year at some $50 thousand a year university.

Folks, you can certainly dis-like CR and YJ, but at least spend five minutes doing the research and get your facts straight. All of the following information is on their respective websites, no one is hiding anything. There is not a single YJ age group with 6 teams. 2023 has 2, 2022 has 2, 2021 has 3, 2020 has 5, 2019 has 5, 2018 has 3, 2017 has 4 and 2016 has 3. As for tourney fees for the ones CR has an ownership interest, not a single one even approaches $2,000. LI Elite is $950, Prime Time Young Guns Summer Slam is $980, Prime Time Young Guns Fall Fest is $1,150, Clash in CT is $950, Lax For Hope is $1,500 or less depending on the number of players and remember a portion goes to the chairty aspect of the event and although it is not listed yet for 2015, Laxing Dead is the least expensive of all. As for spending tens of thousands of dollars over the life of a YJ career, just non-sense. Using the team I am familiar with, the total fee for this year is $1,635. For that we get 12 practices, and 8 tourneys. Based on prior years, we usually play 5 games per tournament. That is 52 events at an average cost of $31 per event. We will only play other YJ teams in one event, so less than 10% of our games. Considering the exposure this team gets, the coaching and in comparison to other LI programs, it is an incredible value.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless if that 2018 guy is a jerk or not, he has JV coaching experience, which is what you’re paying for, plus I think he played the game. It’s when you start bringing in people that have no lacrosse experience other than having a catch with their kid in the backyard, that’s just wrong at this level. If what you say is true about this man’s lack of lacrosse skills, I’m curious as to how/why he was picked to coach this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget about the 2018 guy who coaches JV and thinks that if you just put good girls on the field they will win. Lots of yelling and screaming and playing his favorites but no winning. A real coach would see that a bunch of his girls were playing out of position.

Total rip-off. Al Rose is there assisting, I don't if that is enough to satisfy anyone. I think his appearances will be limited to practices once tournaments get under way, I am sure he will not be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the parents thought they were getting Cook as a coach when they signed up, shouldn’t they be offered a chance to leave and get their money back? No offence to the Dad that is now the coach, but I don’t think those parents signed up to have him as the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the parents thought they were getting Cook as a coach when they signed up, shouldn’t they be offered a chance to leave and get their money back? No offence to the Dad that is now the coach, but I don’t think those parents signed up to have him as the coach.

You would think so. They haven't even been told.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the press release. You are woefully understating the total cost however some of the cash does not go to the YJ. We pay a ton for travel, clinics, camps and privates that all the girls do. Part of staying up on Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless if that 2018 guy is a jerk or not, he has JV coaching experience, which is what you’re paying for, plus I think he played the game. It’s when you start bringing in people that have no lacrosse experience other than having a catch with their kid in the backyard, that’s just wrong at this level. If what you say is true about this man’s lack of lacrosse skills, I’m curious as to how/why he was picked to coach this team.

Politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the press release. You are woefully understating the total cost however some of the cash does not go to the YJ. We pay a ton for travel, clinics, camps and privates that all the girls do. Part of staying up on Blue

Sorry, you need to look at it apples to apples. If you played for another top club, you would still have the travel expenses. We know plenty of Blue players that do not go to clinics, camps and/or privates. We have not been to a single one in three years with no impact to team placement. We have done a few fall tourneys but not all of them. YJ Blue is the best top club value you can find on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, you need to look at it apples to apples. If you played for another top club, you would still have the travel expenses. We know plenty of Blue players that do not go to clinics, camps and/or privates. We have not been to a single one in three years with no impact to team placement. We have done a few fall tourneys but not all of them. YJ Blue is the best top club value you can find on LI.

Name me the top team that doesn't drink the kool aid and attend EVERYTHING CR puts out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy 2019 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had 2 daughters play for other clubs and my 3rd now plays for YJ. She receives great coaching and attends some extra training in the winter. No pressure was ever applied to attend anything. Being on Blue is about performing on the field Our experience has been terrific. Our family enjoyed the other clubs as well but my youngest wanted to play with her friends so we are with YJ and very happy. Isn't that what this is all about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy 2019 blue

That's pretty interesting when they are the easily the worst blue team of any age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many varisty players are in the 2020 and 2019 in total?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one wants to coach JV. He is unqualified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes them the worse, is it because your daughter didn't make the team or because she got moved down??4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many varisty players are in the 2020 and 2019 in total?

TOO MANY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes them the worse, is it because your daughter didn't make the team or because she got moved down??4

The word is "worst". What makes them the worst is that they don't have the best players on the team. If your daughter is on the team, you know it's true, so don't even bother replying. Maybe she's one of the ones that belongs, but that team, as constituted, will continue to disappoint as long until the friends and family contracts expire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for correcting my English because that's what these posts are about. Anyway, I do agree that there are at least 10 girls that don't belong but the other 15 are great lacrosse players and will get the job done with or without the baggage as long as the coach plays them at the right times. Maybe 3 girls from team 2 should be on top team but that's about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for correcting my English because that's what these posts are about. Anyway, I do agree that there are at least 10 girls that don't belong but the other 15 are great lacrosse players and will get the job done with or without the baggage as long as the coach plays them at the right times. Maybe 3 girls from team 2 should be on top team but that's about it.

keep telling yourself that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your daughter was cut from the team and your holding a grudge. Just move on and worry about yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word is "worst". What makes them the worst is that they don't have the best players on the team. If your daughter is on the team, you know it's true, so don't even bother replying. Maybe she's one of the ones that belongs, but that team, as constituted, will continue to disappoint as long until the friends and family contracts expire.

To be honest the age group as a whole is not very talented. There are definately a few kids on the 2nd team that deserve to be on the top team .The thing holding that team back from being a very good team is chemistry. The bad chemistry comes from the fact that its obvious that kids are placed on the team because of where they are from and how friendly they are with the coaches.They also have a poor game plan which is usually get the ball to one or two kids and have them try to go to goal when they really only have 1 player who is possibly that type player but a lot of parents who think its their kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see this summer lower teams may surprise the bunch of you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. Any of the girls from 2019 2nd thru 5th teams playing Varsity??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 4th- yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team on 2019 has a DADDY coach, why are you just picking on the Cook team DADDY coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes

Like Reply Quote
Page 229 of 327 1 2 227 228 229 230 231 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification