BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 83 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you sit those players, Then maybe they listen. Just a thought !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe you sit those players, Then maybe they listen. Just a thought !

The leading point scorer on Huntington has more assists than goals. The leading goal scorer is on attack so I don't think the problem is getting the ball off the draw and going to goal. Whoever said that this is a problem does not know what they are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

I have to agree with a previous post, that having a parent coach at that level is not a good idea. Add that to being a travel team coach, and there are too many conflicts of interest. No one will see her decisions as fair.

Virtually every coach in HS lax is coaching travel teams, that's what the entire yj model is based on and now the other clubs are trying to do the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of crying over two losses- the team has weathered that before. Crying over the fact that this is a public school, and the coach should be COACHING and teaching all of the players. The bench doesn't even practice half the time. Speaking of losses, any time the team does lose, KW berates the players, who she chose, in front of the whole team and tells them how terrible they are. Completely unprofessional. Ruining the program.

So you obviously are involved in the program and come on here stating these accusations and do nothing about it? What a joke you are!! Coming on here constantly bitching about it does nothing but make you look like a weakling. Go make a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

I have to agree with a previous post, that having a parent coach at that level is not a good idea. Add that to being a travel team coach, and there are too many conflicts of interest. No one will see her decisions as fair.

Virtually every coach in HS lax is coaching travel teams, that's what the entire yj model is based on and now the other clubs are trying to do the same

Hey Kathy, all the kids who you said were so selfish had 14 assists on 16 goals today? Are they selfish or are you just plain wrong?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not see the game but 14 legit aassists on 16 goals in any girls game is highly uunlikely.Its not hockey. I have seen newsday stats thashow teams with more assists than goals, did not think that was possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Kathy, all the kids who you said were so selfish had 14 assists on 16 goals today? Are they selfish or are you just plain wrong?

Internet tough girl huh. Go see them face to face coward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the teams official stat ladder, oops, I mean keeper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they got the message?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched HS girls game the other day. Is it me or am I teaching my young daughter the wrong thing about sports ethics...should I be teaching them to take extra steps after whistle, take dives any chance they get and as soon as refs turn their backs to throw their sticks about 10 yards to gain advantage on the field? Is this how the sport is played now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appears you have little knowledge of the situation. There are 4 goalies at Huntington. 3 YJ, 1 Elevate. 2 of YJ are D1 commits. 1 Elevate D1 commit. Second YJ D1 commit and third YJ goalie have not played 1 minute. Here is one cent back

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Watched HS girls game the other day. Is it me or am I teaching my young daughter the wrong thing about sports ethics...should I be teaching them to take extra steps after whistle, take dives any chance they get and as soon as refs turn their backs to throw their sticks about 10 yards to gain advantage on the field? Is this how the sport is played now?

It often is, and by some teams/clubs more than others. If the coaches encourage it, or turn a blind eye, and the refs don't see it or don't choose to address it, then it happens and continues to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure she's not on boc. If so, I am sure she will be able to figure out who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not see the game but 14 legit aassists on 16 goals in any girls game is highly uunlikely.Its not hockey. I have seen newsday stats thashow teams with more assists than goals, did not think that was possible

Funny thing about all you stat hounds, go look at the list of all stat leaders on msg. The entire first page of leaders all come from weak programs. Seriously only one or two of the top 30 are from merely decent teams. And just about none from all the top programs. I guess if you want to be the stat standout player, move to a weak school district where you are a shark playing in a puddle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing about all you stat hounds, go look at the list of all stat leaders on msg. The entire first page of leaders all come from weak programs. Seriously only one or two of the top 30 are from merely decent teams. And just about none from all the top programs. I guess if you want to be the stat standout player, move to a weak school district where you are a shark playing in a puddle.

Thanks captain obvious. You think it has anything to do with the stronger programs having multiple options on offense . Those kids who are on weak programs should stop scoring goals so you will not come on this site to tear them apart or maybe if you want to be a non standout player move to a strong school district where you can be a guppy playing in the ocean.We get it , your kid is better than all those stat leaders but no one notices because the team she plays on is so tremendous she barely contributes to the teams success and it drives you crazy. Which are those top programs that none of the kids are near the top of the stats list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks captain obvious. You think it has anything to do with the stronger programs having multiple options on offense . Those kids who are on weak programs should stop scoring goals so you will not come on this site to tear them apart or maybe if you want to be a non standout player move to a strong school district where you can be a guppy playing in the ocean.We get it , your kid is better than all those stat leaders but no one notices because the team she plays on is so tremendous she barely contributes to the teams success and it drives you crazy. Which are those top programs that none of the kids are near the top of the stats list?

Thank you. Someone finally put this 98han5jackass in their place!!! These stat leader's did not pick their town. Some teams have many options and some have few.Stop beating up the ones producing in what ever program they are in!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you are up by 10, tell your daughter to pass the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell your daughter to learn how to catch

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm going to agree with that. I see far too many box scores where a team wins by double digits, or close to, and one girl has nearly double digit goals. Completely unnecessary for the win, only necessary for the ego. I would have no prob with a girl scoring 8, 9, 10 goals herself if the final score is close. Then those goals are needed. But in a blowout there is no reason.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And furthermore, I don't want to hear, "It's her turn," to justify running up her stats. That's just BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt Sinai! Balanced team that takes their studs out early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Someone finally put this 98han5jackass in their place!!! These stat leader's did not pick their town. Some teams have many options and some have few.Stop beating up the ones producing in what ever program they are in!!!

The string programs have good coaches who would not allow the one player run UPS.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Mt Sinai! Balanced team that takes their studs out early.

Not in my experience, but it could be different for each team they play. Although I will say I never see any completely unbalanced running up of the score from them either.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mt. Sinai doesn't take their studs out. They just slow the game down in the second half when they have a lead. They have done it numerous times this season. It's actually impressive to watch them work the ball around looking for the perfect shot. Can't see anyone in C beating them in Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unlike swr who has no mercy on Mercy. But they lose to anyone who is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unlike swr who has no mercy on Mercy. But they lose to anyone who is good.

Swr played their starting GOALIE on attack, pulled starters in 1st half, played all players, including two who never played the game before this year, and had all experienced kids use opposite hand. What else are you supposed to do? Also, don't the kids who are new to the game or never play get a chance to compete too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good to see the kids passing , much better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
Mt. Sinai doesn't take their studs out. They just slow the game down in the second half when they have a lead. They have done it numerous times this season. It's actually impressive to watch them work the ball around looking for the perfect shot. Can't see anyone in C beating them in Suffolk.

I saw them play miller place and # 4 was out early and only scored 1 goal. Seemed like she could score as many as she wanted. But u r right. They worked the ball to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them play miller place and # 4 was out early and only scored 1 goal. Seemed like she could score as many as she wanted. But u r right. They worked the ball to everyone.

Guess it all depends on the game!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just would like to end on a positive note...kudos to the West Islip coach for not running up the score, subbing his players, and giving the weaker team a chance to feel positive about the game. We should all take a lesson from them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just would like to end on a positive note...kudos to the West Islip coach for not running up the score, subbing his players, and giving the weaker team a chance to feel positive about the game. We should all take a lesson from them!
Good for you guys, we are at a school that regardless of score only certain kids get to score. Kids are quitting in droves even mid season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you guys, we are at a school that regardless of score only certain kids get to score. Kids are quitting in droves even mid season

What school ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quitting mid-season says more about the kids than the coach. Since when did a coach have to be everyone's friend. I never really liked most of my coaches, they constantly tell you what you are doing wrong, but I would never quit because of it. I don't know the exact situation but sounds like kids being brats more then some evil coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quitting mid-season says more about the kids than the coach. Since when did a coach have to be everyone's friend. I never really liked most of my coaches, they constantly tell you what you are doing wrong, but I would never quit because of it. I don't know the exact situation but sounds like kids being brats more then some evil coach.

I agree life is tough and you should stick it out but if you can't work the bench in when you are up by double digits that's on the coach and the program. What's the point of practicing hard if you never get a chance in a game? Keep gearing the program towards the top handful and eventually that's all that will be left!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
WOW! only got two against West Babylon. I guess you can't play Easthampton every game. WB girl had no problem finding the net.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Ridiculous player reference.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! only got two against West Babylon. I guess you can't play Easthampton every game. WB girl had no problem finding the net.

Looks like EI will not make the playoffs.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Damn you kill the kid when she scores a lot and you kill her when she doesn't. Can't have it both ways!! She's a great player and I hope she scores 15 next game!!!!

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Player reference
User
User

Your kidding right? Calling out a HS kid? And someone you know well at that. Ridiculous.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Player reference

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop

Your kidding right? Calling out a HS kid? And someone you know well at that. Ridiculous.

Hop you are right. I was out of line for mentioning her name. I do apologize.

User
User
@gotogoal. Allow PM's in your BOTC settings so you can receive messages from moderators.

Back of the Cage
Page 65 of 83 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard