BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 128 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree its a great business move. But you can see these teams are only from the "HOT BED" states. I just wished they would go up to 12 teams and find the top programs from the rest of the country or at least from Va. to FL. I just hope this works because nothing makes me more upset then to see a kid at a AA level stuck on a B team because his parents do not know better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Yep, and its probably to keep new clubs that are really strong like Igloo, Legacy, Sons out. Should increase the field, pretty limited. Its all about control

They will be invited, but not necessarily a member of the federation. Look at the website and you will see other teams attending the tournaments such as Eclips, Primtime NY, West Coast Starz, etc.

Very smart move. People have been asking why Crabs hasn't had their 8th and 9th graders in some tournaments not knowing that they were spending the day at Hopkins with HHH and others in front of top college coaches. The coaches would prefer this setting to wandering around Cedar Lane watching Crabs play some crappy team.

You nailed it. Again ahead of the curve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the big one I am looking forward to seeing is to see what 12 teams they invite to the Frosh. challenge in the NLF. They claim to be inviting the top 12 2019 teams in the country. But this is a Fall tournament so it should take awhile to come out with the list. And are they going to let National teams play in this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs play in each other's tournaments. Maybe not all six will be there at each one, but we see at least two of the other clubs at the events we play. There are a ton of good kids that no one can predict where they will end up.

Good Grades = Lots of options.
Good Boards = Easier decisions for the coaches.
Good attitude and work ethic = Good life skills that will carry you well past Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree its a great business move. But you can see these teams are only from the "HOT BED" states. I just wished they would go up to 12 teams and find the top programs from the rest of the country or at least from Va. to FL. I just hope this works because nothing makes me more upset then to see a kid at a AA level stuck on a B team because his parents do not know better.

I disagree that the NLF is a game changer, or is anything more than one more event albeit a good one like the Adrenaline one. It seems like the Baltimore lacrosse old guard does stuff like this every year to bifurcate their clubs away to run their own elite events. I'm no big fan of 3d or Adrenaline but at least those two aren't basically saying "college coaches shouldn't be at events with those lesser teams from backwater lacrosse states". I think this will be a modest success in hindsight like the great states challenge thing 3d is trying to hype out or any other "elite and not like the others" pitch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF, Crabfeast or other there is always a line between doing it for the quality and doing it for the quality. Last year the Crabfeast went from great to crap IMHO. 40 teams per grade is way watered down so NLF goes back to the old Crabs model which is fewer and better teams so that coaches don't waste time watching unsightly 22-1 games. This and doing "college days" at Hopkins with HHH and another seems more like going back to the old way than getting ahead of the curve. This exact same model approach has been applied by Adrenaline for years and to a lesser extent by some others. I am sure Crabs can get 12 decent teams to come to this thing, but in reality this is Crabs getting out from being way behind the curve to the pack. Blowing up the Crabfeast with all comers for the money meant a lot of teams don't want to go back and college coaches won't watch that cattle call garbage again either. Call the same thing NLF and take your mulligan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Loosing lots of sleep over not having respect of this guy in CO. But he is getting what he wanted, the reaction. If only we were respected by the guys playing with fiddle sticks and girls soccer cleats .....life would be complete.

Sooo hilarious, thanks for the reassurance we didn't end up with the only jerk in MD, but I know that from going to tourneys.

Like most Maryland kids the boy is not as good as his dad thinks he is. and doesn't merit the position I guess he was only held back one year, as he'd have to have been held back a second year to compete in Maryland. Obviously all the dads in MD are complete douches, and think this is the way to promote your kids. the reactions here are typical, and in keeping with the demeanor of the dad. In CO all our committed kids save one is on grade, there certainly are not as many great players, but less kids blatantly cheat.

I am a Maryland dad and boorish parenting is on every sideline in every grade. This also sounds like the kids and parents on your high school team should have a bigger issue with the high school coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks crabs, you sent Colorado a crappy dad. One of your players moved to CO and daddy cried to get junior to start on varsity by threatening to leave a big club team, run by the coach. Unfortunately most of the team knows why and now hate the family, and think the kid is pathetic for getting daddy to make threats. The player is good, for a frosh and but not better than many others on the team, everyone but daddy and mommy on the sidelines are rolling their eyes because the precious crab magically moved from 3rd line middie to starting attack.wow, in one week!!! I guess Maryland parents have deep pockets, and well, obviously no class, I am sure you were relieved when they moved. I guess Maryland high school coaches don't cave to threats. And Maryland parents don't care if no one respects them or their kids.

Loosing lots of sleep over not having respect of this guy in CO. But he is getting what he wanted, the reaction. If only we were respected by the guys playing with fiddle sticks and girls soccer cleats .....life would be complete.

Sooo hilarious, thanks for the reassurance we didn't end up with the only jerk in MD, but I know that from going to tourneys.

Like most Maryland kids the boy is not as good as his dad thinks he is. and doesn't merit the position I guess he was only held back one year, as he'd have to have been held back a second year to compete in Maryland. Obviously all the dads in MD are complete douches, and think this is the way to promote your kids. the reactions here are typical, and in keeping with the demeanor of the dad. In CO all our committed kids save one is on grade, there certainly are not as many great players, but less kids blatantly cheat.

I am a Maryland dad and boorish parenting is on every sideline in every grade. This also sounds like the kids and parents on your high school team should have a bigger issue with the high school coach.

Still cant figure out how the Crabs and state of Md are to blame??Crabs are to blame for many things ..going grade base to help hookbacks, etc..but this one i give them a pass...

It looks like the coach of HS team is a big baby and caves to any threat. And why are guys in CO playing with fiddle sticks while wearing girls cleats... It that a trend out there??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs way is always to answer with insults. As a Maryland parent but not a Crabs parent, I just don't find it surprising. This is no way to get people to admire or respect your program. You stay classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats what you get when everyone smokes ganja in the state. Plus there are no good teams in CO

The Crabs kid is like Rabil out there.....

HAHAHAHA Joke?? Know the Kid and the Family. Played for the crabs 3 years ago and for 1 year. Decent player when he was on grade, now a repeat player and now competetive because of that. Not a top player in MD, average to slightly above maybe, not a stand out when playing with MD talent but, come on DAD, certainly not Rabil. Not even in Colorado. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 2019 Crabs team playing in Beach Lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Crabs way is always to answer with insults. As a Maryland parent but not a Crabs parent, I just don't find it surprising. This is no way to get people to admire or respect your program. You stay classy.

The program is admired and respected because of the talent of the coaching staff(s) and players on the field. The results speak for themselves. Anything else said or implied by outsiders is easily seen through. Unless you've experienced playing in far away places and watching parents and opposing players lining the sidelines to watch the Crabs warm-up, or have seen the video camera's pop out to film the Crabs stretching....you wouldn't know. So stay classy dude or gal, whoever you are...either get on the bus if you have the guts to try-out(probably don't), or be under it, as we know you've been many times before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Crabs way is always to answer with insults. As a Maryland parent but not a Crabs parent, I just don't find it surprising. This is no way to get people to admire or respect your program. You stay classy.

The program is admired and respected because of the talent of the coaching staff(s) and players on the field. The results speak for themselves. Anything else said or implied by outsiders is easily seen through. Unless you've experienced playing in far away places and watching parents and opposing players lining the sidelines to watch the Crabs warm-up, or have seen the video camera's pop out to film the Crabs stretching....you wouldn't know. So stay classy dude or gal, whoever you are...either get on the bus if you have the guts to try-out(probably don't), or be under it, as we know you've been many times before.

Crabs organization = cheaters. play against kids your own age...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that is a classy response, filming the crab-stretch....is that really a thing, good collection of talent no doubt, but really don't think anybody is filming the crab stretch or lining up to watch the pregame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never once heard someone say they are going to CRABS for the coaching. Sorry.....it's to play where all the good players are going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG...RM must be on here. Filming the stretching. Good one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now that is a classy response, filming the crab-stretch....is that really a thing, good collection of talent no doubt, but really don't think anybody is filming the crab stretch or lining up to watch the pregame

Filming the Crabs stretching...That is Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the 2019 team combined with 2020 to play in the 2020 Division this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the 2019 team combined with 2020 to play in the 2020 Division this weekend

You must be a Crush parent. You will probably reply and say you aren't. Take your loss with dignity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they tell some 2020s that don't start to stay home? Or did they have 35 kids on their team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're an idiot. There was a 2020 kid that usually plays for 2019 on the team. He is a 2020 kid though.

Win with class, lose with class. Oh that's right.....You're from Strong Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't fool yourself, there were multiple current 8th grade players who played this spring on the 2019 Crabs team playing in the 2020 division this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a Crush parent. You will probably reply and say you aren't. Take your loss with dignity.

MD parent here. That "win" is tainted, several kids were brought in from 2019 to play this weekend. Everyone who was there knows what happened. Do anything to win - not what we should be teaching our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD parent here. That "win" is tainted, several kids were brought in from 2019 to play this weekend. Everyone who was there knows what happened. Do anything to win - not what we should be teaching our kids.

Again, was there an inordinate amount of players for the 2020 Crabs there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another MD parent here. Can't wait for Colorado when birth certificates need to be produced. I have a funny feeling Crabs will be lacking some height.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs goalie and fca goalie played awesome this weekend as well as the big attackman from 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not in either camp, but please tell me a highly regarded program didn't blatantly cheat to win youth games at the beach.

I have a lot of respect for Crush, but I've seen parents cry cheating just because their beloved team was getting beat by a "lesser" team. If a program really intentionally cheated - and I don't mean letting some August 15th midlevel kid play in a tournament with a 9/1 cutoff - they shouldn't be allowed in other tournaments and no one should go to theirs.

I hope it was just a great game and upset and some parents are just surprised how big older 7th graders can be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, was there an inordinate amount of players for the 2020 Crabs there?

. Do you want the Maryland teams who know the players personally brought in to name names or would initials and numbers work for you Crab parents who are trying to say this did not happen. Also two VLC players brought in. just because you just finished 8th grade and are repeating it again next year does not make you a 7th grader no matter how much you try to convince others. Bad enough you will have half a reclassed 1-2 year older team next year but you are not fooling anyone and your parents and coaches should think about what kind of men you are creating-win at all cost. Feel bad for any legitimate 2020s left on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not in either camp, but please tell me a highly regarded program didn't blatantly cheat to win youth games at the beach.

I have a lot of respect for Crush, but I've seen parents cry cheating just because their beloved team was getting beat by a "lesser" team. If a program really intentionally cheated - and I don't mean letting some August 15th midlevel kid play in a tournament with a 9/1 cutoff - they shouldn't be allowed in other tournaments and no one should go to theirs.

I hope it was just a great game and upset and some parents are just surprised how big older 7th graders can be.

Unfortunately that is not the case. Not a big fan of Crush but they deserved the win. They had unsportsmanlike conduct in earlier game but they are age appropriate and are skilled. These boys were brought in for Crabs to not risk another loss to Crush. Funny thought even with their "ringers" they struggled against Next Level(5-3) and Breaker(6-5 in playoff overtime) and also Team 91 in overtime. There were 5 brought in from 2019 and their parents were very open about it. Since they will all be reclassifying Crabs feels,they can justify it. almost half the team is reclassed now some by two years. Sad. Not sure what kind of parent would let their child play on a team that openly does this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a parent let their child do this? They are getting ready for 8th grade graduation and then sending bringing their son to play in a 7th grade tournament.
I would bet not one of the parents of any of these kids ever had any success in the sport on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately that is not the case. Not a big fan of Crush but they deserved the win. They had unsportsmanlike conduct in earlier game but they are age appropriate and are skilled. These boys were brought in for Crabs to not risk another loss to Crush. Funny thought even with their "ringers" they struggled against Next Level(5-3) and Breaker(6-5 in playoff overtime) and also Team 91 in overtime. There were 5 brought in from 2019 and their parents were very open about it. Since they will all be reclassifying Crabs feels,they can justify it. almost half the team is reclassed now some by two years. Sad. Not sure what kind of parent would let their child play on a team that openly does this.

If this is true ..This is so sad on so many levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a parent let their child do this? They are getting ready for 8th grade graduation and then sending bringing their son to play in a 7th grade tournament.
I would bet not one of the parents of any of these kids ever had any success in the sport on their own.

Agreed and ironically most of the kids doing this go to private schools whose mantras are building men of character, honesty etc. or are recruited to these same private schools with varying amounts of tuition covered. Makes the whole school look bad too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true ..This is so sad on so many levels.

It is sad because the true 2020 Crabs lose their spots and have no real recourse other than to reclass to gain a spot on a younger team, thus creating a vicious cycle. Hopefully the better tournaments start to enforce age limitations- doesn't have to be quite a 12 mon span, but it shoukd allow a 2 yr span either.

It will be interesting to see these teams in Denver where age limitations will be set.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crabs already had a load of holdbacks, will be interesting to see their roster next spring. I bet more than half the team should be playing in high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If these allegations are true, 91 gets the win and any team that played Crabs should get an apology and a full refund. How embarassing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a non MD parent, can someone completely explain reclassifying to me and is it with public and private schools or just one of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs got lucky this time. I feel sorry for them because it is not a true win when you know you are cheating. Really sad for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If these allegations are true, 91 gets the win and any team that played Crabs should get an apology and a full refund. How embarassing!

Agreed shame on Aloha Tournaments. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a non MD parent, can someone completely explain reclassifying to me and is it with public and private schools or just one of them?

Public schools in MD do not allow reclassing. If a child fails academically In MD public school they can be held back just like in every state but parents can not choose to hold back their child for sports which is what teams like the Crabs encourage and have ability to do in private schools. happens most often after 8th grade, they will repeat 8th grade. Many private also do a pre-1st which the public schools in MD do not do. It is a shame for the public school boys who legitimately play grade based and are no fans of their private school counterparts manipulating the system and are embarrassing the rest of the state because they are afraid to compete age appropriately.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 128 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard