BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 55 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
U guys would be average at best without deleted on express he is your whole team by winning those face offs and getting possesion other kids on team don't impress me. You better hope he stays or doesn't get hurt or you can turn out the lights the party will be over your other face off kids are terrible

All relative. Even that kid struggles to go 50/50 with the better f/o kids. Seen express smoked at x more than once! Even so, congratulations to him because you really are only as good as your last performance!

Rest of the kids aren't average at best. This team has been one of the best in the age group for years. Demonstrated a great team effort this weekend as they had multiple kids scoring in each game and playing time was largely even for everyone that attended. Does the team have a strong face off guy, absolutely, but the Looney's FOGO (Express face off guy isn't a FOGO), Legacy had a great face-off kid, etc. Sons scored some late goals to make the score look closer than the game actually was with Express. Both Long Island teams (Express and Legacy) were the best of the day by a good margin.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys would be average at best without deleted on express he is your whole team by winning those face offs and getting possesion other kids on team don't impress me. You better hope he stays or doesn't get hurt or you can turn out the lights the party will be over your other face off kids are terrible

All relative. Even that kid struggles to go 50/50 with the better f/o kids. Seen express smoked at x more than once! Even so, congratulations to him because you really are only as good as your last performance!

Rest of the kids aren't average at best. This team has been one of the best in the age group for years. Demonstrated a great team effort this weekend as they had multiple kids scoring in each game and playing time was largely even for everyone that attended. Does the team have a strong face off guy, absolutely, but the Looney's FOGO (Express face off guy isn't a FOGO), Legacy had a great face-off kid, etc. Sons scored some late goals to make the score look closer than the game actually was with Express. Both Long Island teams (Express and Legacy) were the best of the day by a good margin.

So late goals are worth less than early goals? The score is the score and they all count. I watched the game....it was no thumping by Express. It was actually pretty even.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks 2020 had a win against Legacy last weekend at the Hopkins Tournament. More Maryland teams playing strong against Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So late goals are worth less than early goals? The score is the score and they all count. I watched the game....it was no thumping by Express. It was actually pretty even.

Nobody called it a thumping, and no, late goals don't count less than early goals, it was a good game, but to say that it was all due to faceoff edge is incorrect. It was a great day of competitive lacrosse. The two long island teams each won all three of their games, against what are supposed to be the best teams in the Philly and Baltimore areas. All these teams should do more events like this so the kids get great competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks 2020 had a win against Legacy last weekend at the Hopkins Tournament. More Maryland teams playing strong against Long Island.

They should be, most of your roster is comprised of older kids...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true 7th graders with no hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true 7th graders with no hold backs.

Not sure what that means anymore. Give me birthdate compliance - any born pre-9/1/01? If not, nice job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be, most of your roster is comprised of older kids...

Legacy has hold backs as well. As do all the teams (it counts if you started kindergarten late). Face it, all the teams have some older than normal kids. Stop complaining and play lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The US Lacrosse 9/1 cutoff date isn't realistic for large parts of the US. Where I live, as a practical matter all of the private schools will insist that boys with summer birthdays start school later so the true school cutoff is probably May. One tournament uses 8/1. The Warrior Worlds Series of Lacrosse is using 5/1. People will always argue any date you choose, but 9/1 isn't representative of where we are as a society. I has an October birthday and went to college when I was 17. Times change and if I had a son with an October birthday I would have him start school later than I did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody called it a thumping, and no, late goals don't count less than early goals, it was a good game, but to say that it was all due to faceoff edge is incorrect. It was a great day of competitive lacrosse. The two long island teams each won all three of their games, against what are supposed to be the best teams in the Philly and Baltimore areas. All these teams should do more events like this so the kids get great competition.

Yeah but you implied that Express rolled big and there were a few garbage goals at the end that made it look closer than it was. That is not true. It was a close game all the way. I am not a Sons parent, but watched the game and they hung with Express all the way. Whether Sons looked a whole lot older than 13 is another issue...but the game was close.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What were the Legacy scores from the prior weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy over Rock by at least 10
Hawks over Turnpike by at least 12
Hawks over Legacy 4-3 or 5-4 (one goal game)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy over Rock by at least 10
Hawks over Turnpike by at least 12
Hawks over Legacy 4-3 or 5-4 (one goal game)

I thought Legacy played the Crabs too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't toot your horn legacy was without 4 or 5 of there better players that could not make it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy lost to Hawks lolollool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess, they were without their face-off guy and look what happened...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is very good, he's an impact player and not a FOGO. Having a great face off guys is critical to a team's success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is very good, he's an impact player and not a FOGO. Having a great face off guys is critical to a team's success

Ok dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a decent all around player, but the BEST F/o guy. Difference maker for that team is a dramatic understatement...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The US Lacrosse 9/1 cutoff date isn't realistic for large parts of the US. Where I live, as a practical matter all of the private schools will insist that boys with summer birthdays start school later so the true school cutoff is probably May. One tournament uses 8/1. The Warrior Worlds Series of Lacrosse is using 5/1. People will always argue any date you choose, but 9/1 isn't representative of where we are as a society. I has an October birthday and went to college when I was 17. Times change and if I had a son with an October birthday I would have him start school later than I did.

So let's not have cut offs at all and let your son play down and beat on younger kids. Problem solved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a decent all around player, but the BEST F/o guy. Difference maker for that team is a dramatic understatement...

What team? Because every f/o kid there can't get by the best. Can only hope to go 50/50 if lucky. I've seen every one of those kids struggle at times. Just because you had a good day against a team without an elite fogo does not make you one. Be happy you did well in SOME games, and try being a little humble. sounds to me like a daddy is doing a lot of bragging!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hockey does not seem to have an issue. They set the cut off date at 12/31. You play according to the cut off date- no waivers, no holdbacks nothing. It is the way it is and it works for youth hockey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe an easy fix would to set a birthdate year of 7/1 so it encompasses the late starts. And hold that date, do checks at tournaments and these parents who want to hold back or reclass can send their kids to showcase events at their reclassed ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we all have our kids start two years behind schedule so we can look really smart and really athletic. That would solve the problem...insert sarcasm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are legitimate reasons to start a child with a summer birthday a year later. The problem with the current cutoff date is it is close to a school year cutoff date but not inclusive enough that it is enforceable. The reality is that most kids want to play with their friends and most of their friends are in their grade. Making teams grade based with a maximum age makes sense. Using a 12/31 cutoff and not making any effort to make it grade based makes sense. Using at 9/1 date as a proxy for grade based leads to a system where everyone decides to go grade based instead and then you have no maximum age and extreme hold backs have way too much advantage. We have ended up with the worst of both options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are legitimate reasons to start a child with a summer birthday a year later. The problem with the current cutoff date is it is close to a school year cutoff date but not inclusive enough that it is enforceable. The reality is that most kids want to play with their friends and most of their friends are in their grade. Making teams grade based with a maximum age makes sense. Using a 12/31 cutoff and not making any effort to make it grade based makes sense. Using at 9/1 date as a proxy for grade based leads to a system where everyone decides to go grade based instead and then you have no maximum age and extreme hold backs have way too much advantage. We have ended up with the worst of both options.

While there are legitimate "hold back" reasons, it is too prevalent and not always for the right reasons. Educational evidence shows holding back a child with learning delays only masks their need for intervention services. If they had started school "on time" they would receive the services they need. Sometimes hospitalizations or sicknesses where children miss months of school happens; certainly this is a legitimate reason. But all too often, parents hold their child back to get an edge. Let's stop catering to this group. Either of your options would work. However, one would have to be chosen and implemented. Ultimately, it would only apply in youth sports because once you are in high school it is a melting pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1 should be the date. period. same as school. if you chose to hold you kid back for perceived/real/necessary reasons/advantages, no problem, but if he is going to compete in youth sports, especially contact sports, he should compete with and against kids his own age. Tough to have it both ways--advantages of being older but forever competing with and against kids not necessarily his friends in school because he is in a different grade--well, something to consider with your next child then... it does all work itself out once they are in college and have all matured and grown but not at the youth level--there is a DISTINCT advantage in prepubescent and pubescent years for kids that are older--even 9 months--forget about 18 months. Its just not right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1 should be the date. period. same as school. if you chose to hold you kid back for perceived/real/necessary reasons/advantages, no problem, but if he is going to compete in youth sports, especially contact sports, he should compete with and against kids his own age. Tough to have it both ways--advantages of being older but forever competing with and against kids not necessarily his friends in school because he is in a different grade--well, something to consider with your next child then... it does all work itself out once they are in college and have all matured and grown but not at the youth level--there is a DISTINCT advantage in prepubescent and pubescent years for kids that are older--even 9 months--forget about 18 months. Its just not right.

Our school cutoff is in December. Other than that, I completely agree with you. If you are going to make the choice to hold your child back, don't do it at my child's expense physically...live with your choice - good and bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now will someone please do something about this! I for one refused to renew my son's US Lacrosse membership. They sent me a questioneer asking why. I said I was appalled and disappointed that they refuse to address age appropriate competition as my reason. I'm "opting out"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the appropriate move. USL continues to ignore this issue, in spite of the fact that they are very much aware of it. They will not do anything to jeopordize the growth of the sport, and have the convenient defense that it's the travel organizations controlling this. It is very easy to go on USL's website and voice your concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have also corresponded with USL on this very subject, as recently as February. They said they are developing a sanctioning model, in addition to an age verification program. I have not heard anything since, but will be reaching out to them for an update. I'll post their response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It goes to reinforce lax is not a real sport, just a glorified club sport. This age stuff absolutely doesn't happen in youth hockey, baseball or football. Hey lax, stop being archaic and tighten up your rules. get real. (and I am a lax guy, so save it).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the appropriate move. USL continues to ignore this issue, in spite of the fact that they are very much aware of it. They will not do anything to jeopordize the growth of the sport, and have the convenient defense that it's the travel organizations controlling this. It is very easy to go on USL's website and voice your concern.

guys, some of the people who have a say (or influence) in change (in MD); have kids who have been holdbacks, aint changing it till their kids are out of HS or committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have also corresponded with USL on this very subject, as recently as February. They said they are developing a sanctioning model, in addition to an age verification program. I have not heard anything since, but will be reaching out to them for an update. I'll post their response.

Thanks for pursuing this! Will look forward to your post. I'll do the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will never happen. They can't force privately run tournaments so comply. It is America and the people who run these tourneys can structure the tourney however they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will never happen. They can't force privately run tournaments so comply. It is America and the people who run these tourneys can structure the tourney however they want.

The only way this changes is if insurance companies refuse to underwrite policies for teams and tournaments that do not have a good age based rule in place. If that happens, change will occur because insurance is needed to get the field space. Make it about the money and operation of teams and tournaments, then maybe some change will occur. worry about safety of players and nobody with any authority will change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only way this changes is if insurance companies refuse to underwrite policies for teams and tournaments that do not have a good age based rule in place. If that happens, change will occur because insurance is needed to get the field space. Make it about the money and operation of teams and tournaments, then maybe some change will occur. worry about safety of players and nobody with any authority will change.

From the 2021 string, but worth noting here too since it involves 7th graders, and a club that denies it has older kids playing on each team...

The Advisory Board of the Mid-Atlantic Spring League recently determined that the Rising Sons 6th grade team had been playing this entire spring with two 7th graders on their roster. The rules of Mid-Atlantic Spring League strictly prohibit players from competing in divisions below their grade level The rule on this point was made clear to all clubs multiple times prior to the beginning of league play this Spring. First, the rule was set forth in the initial email welcoming teams into the league. Second, League Directors reviewed the rule on a conference call with all coaches, refs, and club directors participating in the Spring League. And, finally, the rule was reiterated in an email from the League Director in the week before the league initiated on March 15th.

Accordingly, we have determined that the conduct of the Rising Sons 6th grade team constitutes a flagrant violation of clearly communicated league rules. When directly asked about the situation, the Rising Sons club director confirmed the violation.

In response the league will take the following measures:

1. The Mid-Atlantic Spring League does not crown champions, and is more about player development than winning, but as a matter of principle the Rising Sons 6th grade team will forfeit all wins in the league in which ineligible players participated. Those games will be scored as 1-0 defeats per Federation rules.

2. The two 7th graders in question will not be allowed to play in the 6th grade division for the remainder of the league

3. The Rising Sons 2021 coach is barred from coaching in the league for the remainder of the season.

The Mid-Atlantic Spring League was founded to give like-minded programs that focus on year-round player development an opportunity to play fair and competitive games against each other. This principle fails if clubs are not willing to follow the agreed-upon rules. The league will adopt a zero-tolerance policy towards intentional violations of the age rules going forward, and reserves the right to permanently ban any future violators.

Let's play the remainder of the season honoring the game, your opponent and the officials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This shouldn't come as any surprise to any team that has played the Sons. They have done this stuff from the very beginning. Their 2020 team sticks 2019 players on it when convenient. They have a win at all costs mentality, even if that means cheating. Amazing that such a young organization have developed such a toxic reputation in such a short time. It's rewarding to see such a public comeuppance, that confirms what we all knew. The director was a frequent poster to this site in the beginning. Doesn't have much to say now.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

From the 2021 string, but worth noting here too since it involves 7th graders, and a club that denies it has older kids playing on each team...

The Advisory Board of the Mid-Atlantic Spring League recently determined that the Rising Sons 6th grade team had been playing this entire spring with two 7th graders on their roster. The rules of Mid-Atlantic Spring League strictly prohibit players from competing in divisions below their grade level The rule on this point was made clear to all clubs multiple times prior to the beginning of league play this Spring. First, the rule was set forth in the initial email welcoming teams into the league. Second, League Directors reviewed the rule on a conference call with all coaches, refs, and club directors participating in the Spring League. And, finally, the rule was reiterated in an email from the League Director in the week before the league initiated on March 15th.

Accordingly, we have determined that the conduct of the Rising Sons 6th grade team constitutes a flagrant violation of clearly communicated league rules. When directly asked about the situation, the Rising Sons club director confirmed the violation.

1. The Mid-Atlantic Spring League does not crown champions, and is more about player development than winning, but as a matter of principle the Rising Sons 6th grade team will forfeit all wins in the league in which ineligible players participated. Those games will be scored as 1-0 defeats per Federation rules.

2. The two 7th graders in question will not be allowed to play in the 6th grade division for the remainder of the league

3. The Rising Sons 2021 coach is barred from coaching in the league for the remainder of the season.

The Mid-Atlantic Spring League was founded to give like-minded programs that focus on year-round player development an opportunity to play fair and competitive games against each other. This principle fails if clubs are not willing to follow the agreed-upon rules. The league will adopt a zero-tolerance policy towards intentional violations of the age rules going forward, and reserves the right to permanently ban any future violators.

Let's play the remainder of the season honoring the game, your opponent and the officials.

Bravo Bravo!!!!! Would hope this type of stuff gets brought to peoples attention and the higher ups start reading the writing on the wall. Now lets say one of these players injured another younger player in a game. Can we say major lawsuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all about winning for the director of Rising Sons and posting championship pictures on his Instagram account. Parents on their sideline confirm older kids yet the director denies it. Parents claim the were short handed. Same excuse last year yet they had 10 kids on the sideline. Just a thought, you may want to buy some extra 20020 shorts for the 2019 kids you bring to games. Having the boys wear their 2019 shorts is a dead giveaway.

Page 22 of 55 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard