BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,263
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse - April Camp
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has elevate run the camp they are running over April break before and if so, has any attended?

2nd year running it. Very good last year.

We have gone to a lot of their clinics this winter. They run some excellent clinics and I am sur ethis will be equally well run.

Heard a bunch of 2018s went to Penn for Freshman day today. For those of you that atended, how was it?

Excellent. Elevate showed very well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has elevate run the camp they are running over April break before and if so, has any attended?

We have gone to a lot of their clinics this winter. They run some excellent clinics and I am sur ethis will be equally well run.

Heard a bunch of 2018s went to Penn for Freshman day today. For those of you that atended, how was it?

How strong is Elevate 2018 team? Can they compete with YJ Blue, TG, STEPS, M&D, Skywalkers, etc. or not at that level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Elevate have spring shooting clinics at the HUB?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
This requested thread started out hot and heavy. What happened? Whats going on in the Team Elevate world?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
This requested thread started out hot and heavy. What happened? Whats going on in the Team Elevate world?

so you are soliciting drama?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

If drama is all your capable of you can sit this one out. Simply asking for any news or thoughts. Thanks for the question though.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Spelling

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If drama is all your capable of you can sit this one out. Simply asking for any news or thoughts. Thanks for the question though.

Here you go:

Some 2020 - 2018 girls had the opportunity to play against Team Israel this past Sunday.

Some 2018 girls got to go to UPENN for their Freshman Day on Sunday.

On Tuesday TE had a TE New England family meeting after the Brown vs. San Diego D1 game and then they had a free college recruiting night for about 100 people at Brown.

Spring Break camp is coming up next week.

Hope this helps in regards to what's going on.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
That all sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Hot and heavy " doesn't sound like looking for news amd questions. Sounds like stirring the pot!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

"Hot and heavy " doesn't sound like looking for news amd questions. Sounds like stirring the pot!

The only one stirring the pot right now is you.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not looking to stir the pot, just curious. Does Team Elevate get an automatic bid to the U15 tournament this year? Or do they have to send a team to Delaware for the qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
Not looking to stir the pot, just curious. Does Team Elevate get an automatic bid to the U15 tournament this year? Or do they have to send a team to Delaware for the qualifier?

They made semi finals so should get automatic bid. You can get an at large bid as well if you don't win a qualifier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares there were only 5 or 6 good teams there,all from LI so you should stay home play each other and then the winner can pound there chest and claim to be the best.Woohoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Elevate world is just fine, very happy. Most of the posts on these threads are from disgruntled people. Maybe that's why this thread is quiet. No news is good news.

There isnt a lot of drama in the TE world - its a good thing. Looking forward to the Camp thats starting tonight - should be a great clinic the next 3 days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15's haven't been filling all their spots over the past several years. There are several teams that play every year, don't qualify and don't win half their games. Express an interest and you will get invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They either lose badly to yj or are put in a watered down bracket (2018)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, I'll bite. What is the situation? What drama?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about??? Sounds like you are just making stuff up?? There was no meeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where there's smoke there's fire!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Team Elevate provides an excellent travel lacrosse experience for many players and their families and Mr. Kotowski runs a quality club. On par with many other clubs out there.
With that said, message me with details and I will follow up if necessary.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=The Hop]Team Elevate provides an excellent travel lacrosse experience for many players and their families and Mr. Kotowski runs a quality club. On par with many other clubs out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total of 15 Long Island girls are playing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, Fairfield vs. Princeton, being played at Stony Brook this Friday at 7pm. Come out and cheer for the local young ladies......Winner plays Stony Brook on Sunday...

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
[quote=Anonymous]What happened? Public knowledge? I haven't heard anything and am in Elevate.

Not appropriate to discuss on BOTC. Privacy will be respected.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened? Public knowledge? I haven't heard anything and am in Elevate.

I agree with HOP. Sounds like HOP is aware of the situation and this as he correctly states would not be the place for the situation to be increasingly publicized and not the appropriate forum for the Directors to address it. I am sure they will find the right place and time to do so, but this would not be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with HOP. Sounds like HOP is aware of the situation and this as he correctly states would not be the place for the situation to be increasingly publicized and not the appropriate forum for the Directors to address it. I am sure they will find the right place and time to do so, but this would not be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the TE tweet - new uniforms look AWESOME!!!! We just got our team store gear and that came out great as well. Looking forward to a fun summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the TE tweet - new uniforms look AWESOME!!!! We just got our team store gear and that came out great as well. Looking forward to a fun summer!

My friends was looking at my daughter's team schedule and asked why is the top 2018 team playing in such weak groupings in tournaments? One, for recruiting age kids he said they wont get a lot of visibility at tournaments as coaches will be watching top teams which they are not playing and two, they will go 4-0 each week and lose in the playoffs once they play a decent team? Why not play the top teams? They are playing the 2nd team or in some cases the 3rd team of some of the top teams. A little new to this - am I missing the strategy here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friends was looking at my daughter's team schedule and asked why is the top 2018 team playing in such weak groupings in tournaments? One, for recruiting age kids he said they wont get a lot of visibility at tournaments as coaches will be watching top teams which they are not playing and two, they will go 4-0 each week and lose in the playoffs once they play a decent team? Why not play the top teams? They are playing the 2nd team or in some cases the 3rd team of some of the top teams. A little new to this - am I missing the strategy here?

3 out of 4 schedules were posted:
- New England Cup: they are playing a mixed bag. Some A teams, some B teams.
- Lax for the Cure: this is a championship-style tournament, so they spread out the A teams in different divisions so they end up all meeting in the playoffs.
- Capital Cup: they are playing all A level teams.

I find nothing wrong with this schedule. They are in no "weak groupings". For their first tournament it looks like they are in more of an "A-" bracket, which I think is smart for their first tournament. LFTC I explained, and at Capital Cup they are facing excellent competition, like Heroes for example.

Coaches will be at the games regardless. Obviously you don't know how recruiting/scouting works. Coaches do not just show up to tournaments and only watch the best teams. They go with a spread sheet on specific GIRLS that they want to see. Often while watching those girls, they will also check out the whole team as well.

I do not understand why you feel the need to come on here and complain. Why not send Dave an email? That's what I have always done in the past and that is how I now know all the information I need to. Try not to listen to "friends" trying to stir the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Lax for the Cure: this is a championship-style tournament, so they spread out the A teams in different divisions so they end up all meeting in the playoffs.

I find nothing wrong with this schedule. They are in no "weak groupings". For their first tournament it looks like they are in more of an "A-" bracket, which I think is smart for their first tournament. LFTC I explained, and at Capital Cup they are facing excellent competition, like Heroes for example.

Coaches will be at the games regardless. Obviously you don't know how recruiting/scouting works. Coaches do not just show up to tournaments and only watch the best teams. They go with a spread sheet on specific GIRLS that they want to see. Often while watching those girls, they will also check out the whole team as well.

I do not understand why you feel the need to come on here and complain. Why not send Dave an email? That's what I have always done in the past and that is how I now know all the information I need to. Try not to listen to "friends" trying to stir the pot.

The funny thing is there are so many posts regarding the 2018 team that says "a friend of mine" - watched our games, saw our schedule, heard about this or that, etc. - this is just someone stirring the pot and looking to create BS when there is no BS to create.

What next - is your "friend" going to complain about the dates of the ACT/SAT or regents reviews that Elevate set up as well? Give it a break already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scheduling you describe would be about right for this club. Elevate is not on a peer level with the top clubs A teams, they are par with the second level club's top teams. So if you are director and you go to a tournament and schedule all pool play against the top teams, and lose all those games the team and club is going to come unraveled very quickly. Sounds like the scheduling will have you playing a varied mix of talent which will get you some easy wins, easy losses and some competitive games. Its nice to be able to play the very top teams once in a while as a measuring stick, but not every game all summer long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the response - not complaining - just asking a question and thought on here you would get a few people to weigh in since it is an Elevate thread. I am sure this time of year Dave is quite busy and I am sure he has far better things to do than hang around this forum. Just to clarify, I went back to his email and he asked why at lax for the cure we are in a low division playing the 2nd M&D, United and Skywalker teams. He said all the better teams are all in the top 2 or 3 divisions. He was saying we aren't playing any of the top teams below who are all in the top 2 divisions. If they are spreading out the top teams, like you state above, how are all of these teams below in the same top 2 groups? Thanks in advance for responding.

Capital:2018 Blue
Cardinal 2018
Soundcrosse (Ct) 2018
Maryland United Lacrosse Club 2018 East
Sky Walkers 2018 Blue
Steps Elite 2018 Blue
M&D Lacrosse 18 Black
Nems Lacrosse:2018
Phantastix:2018 Purple
South Jersey Select Lacrosse
Tlc Lacrosse:Tlc 2018Red
Yj 2018 Rose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from Elevate. Honestly, to get the most exposure for your 2018s, you need to play the best teams in most of the tournaments - YJs, M&D United, TLC, Skywalkers, STEPS, Maryland United, Capital Lacrosse, Rebels. These are the teams the college coaches tend to focus on as they have a large number of girls who will play D1 lacrosse and they can maximize their time watching games where they can watch several girls they have their eye on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the first answer you need is coaches watch players not teams. If you contact they will come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Previous posters are correct. Not a lot of drama at Elevate. This is a good thing. Nothing but respect from parents and coaches and positive reinforcement and friendship for my daughter. More than I can say for other clubs we have played for. You need to find a club that is a good fit for your family - and there are a variety of factors that play in to that. I want a good experience, good coaching and my kid to enjoy being part of a travel team - and I got that. Which is why we left the previous club and the drama on that thread behind. To all the pot stirrers - take your negativity and go away. To all the TE families - looking forward to a great season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this team suffers from the most is living up to their 2017 team. Their 2017's are very good and can play with ANY team in the country. After that, the teams drop off dramatically. This club has been riding their coat tails and using that team to market the program as if all other teams are at that level and they are NOT.

As for the 2018's - as an age group they are not a strong group, so much so that the director continues to move kids from the B team to the A team which does nothing towards building a cohesive team and has caused some kids to leave. I heard that one B kid just left for liberty. The B girls just want to figure out what to do to impress the right people and move up which doesn't contribute at all to team play. This also does nothing for the confidence of the A girls as I know these kids are always looking over their shoulder. I hope that this wont continue throughout the entire summer. My guess is this summer will turn off enough kids in this group and they will be down to one team in this age level but time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this team suffers from the most is living up to their 2017 team. Their 2017's are very good and can play with ANY team in the country. After that, the teams drop off dramatically. This club has been riding their coat tails and using that team to market the program as if all other teams are at that level and they are NOT.

As for the 2018's - as an age group they are not a strong group, so much so that the director continues to move kids from the B team to the A team which does nothing towards building a cohesive team and has caused some kids to leave. I heard that one B kid just left for liberty. The B girls just want to figure out what to do to impress the right people and move up which doesn't contribute at all to team play. This also does nothing for the confidence of the A girls as I know these kids are always looking over their shoulder. I hope that this wont continue throughout the entire summer. My guess is this summer will turn off enough kids in this group and they will be down to one team in this age level but time will tell.

TE people - don't listen to negativity. We are better than this. I am encouraging everyone to ignore comments like this because we are better than that. Look at the complaints on other threads: coaches being escorted out of a tournament by police, kids being benched for no reason, CR ignoring second, third, and forth teams....if people like this, who come on here and try to stir the pot for no reason, are our biggest problem then I think we are doing just fine! In the end - my kid is having the time of her life with amazing teammates and coaches. Love my TE family!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2018 I assume the Blue Team is the A team and the Red is the B team? Are they close in talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person from outside Elevate trying to knock the program. Stay where you are at - we are just fine! As for players moving up - I think that is a great thing. It shows that players who have put in the hard work and commitment can be moved up. What a great thing for the girls to strive for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are sadly mistaken. Let me set the record straight. One girl left A because she is primarily a soccer player and decided to focus on that as she enters her recruiting years. As the rosters are kept small, as advertised, that opened up a position on A and a very talented girl from B was moved up to A. No one from A is looking over their shoulder. They all deserve to be there. They are a classy, cohesive, fun group of girls who get along well on and off the field. They play as a team, are not internally competitive, as seen on some other teams, and will have a successful summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 2018 White?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
Quick Reply