BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 83 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lets start the awards, best sportsmanship goes to kings park. Worst sportsmanship goes to Huntington, that coach sounds like a horror story, in the blowout, let me guess you are already watching the scoring leaders.

Do not single out a player. It's weak of you.

Don't know what the Hop edited (obviously) but me thinks the post sounds like Islip sour grapes? The funny thing (without being at the game) is that it looks like Huntington called the dogs off in the 2nd half only scoring 2 goals. If it is Islip sour grapes, take a look at last years results...Islip put up over 20 goals three times last year and they scored 19 twice with the O sisters padding their stats tremendously in those games. You also can't compare Islip and HB...HB is a new program and Islip was in the playoffs last year. Take your lose and move on...you are not the only playoff team from last year that took a beating today..take a look at the ESM game!

What does the Kings Park team get for winning the sportsmanship award? They get the EI girl scoring 9 goals agaist them today.
Oh and as for Islip, the girls whose initials we can't disclose had 7 goals AND 5,count em, 5 assists as they put up 18 vs a weaker program. Goals are goals, but 5 assists...sounds like padding the scoresheet!

DELETED...Poster has been eliminated.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Learn the roster. Freshman scored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Poster has been eliminated.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets start the awards, best sportsmanship goes to kings park. Worst sportsmanship goes to Huntington, that coach sounds like a horror story, in the blowout, let me guess you are already watching the scoring leaders.

Don't know what the Hop edited (obviously) but me thinks the post sounds like Islip sour grapes? The funny thing (without being at the game) is that it looks like Huntington called the dogs off in the 2nd half only scoring 2 goals. If it is Islip sour grapes, take a look at last years results...Islip put up over 20 goals three times last year and they scored 19 twice with the O sisters padding their stats tremendously in those games. You also can't compare Islip and HB...HB is a new program and Islip was in the playoffs last year. Take your lose and move on...you are not the only playoff team from last year that took a beating today..take a look at the ESM game!

What does the Kings Park team get for winning the sportsmanship award? They get the EI girl scoring 9 goals agaist them today.
Oh and as for Islip, the girls whose initials we can't disclose had 7 goals AND 5,count em, 5 assists as they put up 18 vs a weaker program. Goals are goals, but 5 assists...sounds like padding the scoresheet!

DELETED....Poster has been eliminated.

Sounds like sour grapes ! Watch college games, that's reality. These girls will be tnere soon enough sometimes on one end sometimes the other.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED... Poster has been eliminated.

Sounds like sour grapes ! Watch college games, that's reality. These girls will be tnere soon enough sometimes on one end sometimes the other.

Last edited by The Hop; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Five 7th graders were brought up to JV at ESM three are Top Guns and two are Yellow Jackets. It's not always some huge conspiracy and club affiliation - sure, if you look for a reason you will find it.

The girls brought up are great players in there age group-same thing done last year - its starting to be a pattern at ESM-its a small school so not that unusual - the talent pool is not that large and bringing the younger kids up early gives them more practice and game time as opposed to MS lax which is a joke. By 9th and 10th grade there are only a handful of girls that still play -most get disgusted and quit because of politics and favortism

Or sometimes they just find other interests. Many times it's the parents that seem to have the bigger issues and they project their own opinions on to their children. I know there are situations where kids seem to get a raw deal, but to say that many quit because of politics and disgust I think is a bit of an exaggeration. High school has so much to offer besides lacrosse. Some of my children's peers have left lacrosse for theatre, track, softball. Just because we as parents put a stick in their hand when they were kids doesn't mean they're going to stick with it. Missing family weddings, christenings, proms for lax games or a tryout is a whole other issue but I digress...

You are absolutely right - girls find other interests
And don't want to commit all there time - weekends
Summers - all year round to lax- but once they stop
That and just play in spring they will never see
Playing time on varsity - those
Spots go to the girls who play all year round are committed
To a college - I guess that is what I
Meant by disgust and politics -
Varsity lax is not for the seasonal player
Anymore and that kind of stinks

What has happened to dedication, commitment, work ethic and sacrifice?

How about athleticism, skill and an understanding of the game?

When did athletics at the varsity level become a right?

When did it become acceptable to instal a class system?

Why do some believe that younger players must wait their turn?

Why do some believe that 11th and 12th graders should be given priority treatment based on their grade?

At the very least a coach should be honest with their players. Players should have to compete everyday and they should know where they stand based upon their performance not on their grade/class.

The best coaches identify the best players.

The best teams play the best players.

The best experience for the girls will come when a coach is honest. The girls will respect their coach as well as their teammates when the coach puts politics aside and lets the girls compete for their position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Five 7th graders were brought up to JV at ESM three are Top Guns and two are Yellow Jackets. It's not always some huge conspiracy and club affiliation - sure, if you look for a reason you will find it.

The girls brought up are great players in there age group-same thing done last year - its starting to be a pattern at ESM-its a small school so not that unusual - the talent pool is not that large and bringing the younger kids up early gives them more practice and game time as opposed to MS lax which is a joke. By 9th and 10th grade there are only a handful of girls that still play -most get disgusted and quit because of politics and favortism

Or sometimes they just find other interests. Many times it's the parents that seem to have the bigger issues and they project their own opinions on to their children. I know there are situations where kids seem to get a raw deal, but to say that many quit because of politics and disgust I think is a bit of an exaggeration. High school has so much to offer besides lacrosse. Some of my children's peers have left lacrosse for theatre, track, softball. Just because we as parents put a stick in their hand when they were kids doesn't mean they're going to stick with it. Missing family weddings, christenings, proms for lax games or a tryout is a whole other issue but I digress...

Why do some believe that 11th and 12th graders should be given priority treatment based on their grade?

At the very least a coach should be honest with their players. Players should have to compete everyday and they should know where they stand based upon their performance not on their grade/class.

The best experience for the girls will come when a coach is honest. The girls will respect their coach as well as their teammates when the coach puts politics aside and lets the girls compete for their position.

This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

GC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The travel kids often don't pass or include girls that don't play club so that's why in many towns HS teams are begging girls to come back and play. Everybody wants their name in the paper and selfish play drives the fringe players away from the sport. When you are winning by 8, 9, 10 or more how about moving the ball around? Do we really need to see girls with 15 points in a blowout game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The travel kids often don't pass or include girls that don't play club so that's why in many towns HS teams are begging girls to come back and play. Everybody wants their name in the paper and selfish play drives the fringe players away from the sport. When you are winning by 8, 9, 10 or more how about moving the ball around? Do we really need to see girls with 15 points in a blowout game?

Much more prominent in Suffolk than Nassau - at least at best programs. In Nassau they have power conference regardless of size of school for regular season. Fewer blowouts. Suffolk is ridiculous with the scoring and blowouts. They should try and fix this or at least have some more sportsmanship.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because you don't play a high school sport all year round and your parents might not be able to afford the 5000+ pricetag of club lax doesn't mean you are less committed and should be penalized and not be able to make a varsity team
I wish some of these less affluent kids in certain communities could afford to play club - they would blow these rich kids out of the water

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this happening???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because you don't play a high school sport all year round and your parents might not be able to afford the 5000+ pricetag of club lax doesn't mean you are less committed and should be penalized and not be able to make a varsity team
I wish some of these less affluent kids in certain communities could afford to play club - they would blow these rich kids out of the water
You are correct, to be competitive in varsity lacrosse, you to play travel, which not everyone can afford. This is a big financial and time commitment for the girls and their families. At middle school and JV levels, the fast soccer player types can get by, but end up going to track instead of varsity. My daughter is in an large school A division, but only have about 8 girls who even play travel in grades 9-12. I'm sure ESM, Sayville, RP, BBP, Mt Sinai, SWR, who are much smaller schools have 30-40 travel girls to choose from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]]This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

[/quote]Where is this happening???
I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares. [/quote]

If this is true the family needs to take legal action
against the school- I have heard of
Some crazy school politics back stabbing but legally
this is a threat and the family has legal grounds
to take action

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]This poster is either horribly misguided or naive, Coaches will play who they are pressured to play. Ability and work ethic have nothing to do with it. There is a player right now that is a senior D1 commit, that started for, and at one time was time the position player for a very good club team. she was never cut from any team, and has more than once beaten out other, more highly touted players for a starting slot, and has lead a team to a championship game. She is sitting on the bench unable to get in because an administrator within the district has a vendetta against her an her family. Instead they play an uncommitted 11th grader, with little or no varsity experience, and use the excuse that she is a transfer from another school. The statement that coaches will play the better girls is just a lie. That or this is the worst coach on Long Island

I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares. [/quote]

to take action [/quote]

Anyone else read Harlan Coben's new book The Stranger? It's a mystery thriller set in a fictitious affluent lacrosse town in NJ. Some of the characters in the book had to have been based on lacrosse parents in my town - or yours. Unfortunately, I even saw a little of myself in one mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could never mention what district this is happening in, The girl in question was threatened with expulsion from the team if, and I quote, she will be "Cut out like a cancer" if she , or her family, do anything the coach (or the administrator, or the administrators spouse) deem antagonistic. Needless to say she is very upset. Not that the coach or administrator cares.

to take action [/quote]

Anyone else read Harlan Coben's new book The Stranger? It's a mystery thriller set in a fictitious affluent lacrosse town in NJ. Some of the characters in the book had to have been based on lacrosse parents in my town - or yours. Unfortunately, I even saw a little of myself in one mom. [/quote]

Thank u ! Love that author and can't wait to read it!!
Should be Intersting !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, don't buy it. Been around lax and sports for a long time and heard some crazy stuff, 99% not true. Just find it hard to believe that some stud lax player is sitting on the bench, because of a vendetta from an administrator. I have acouple of stories that are even crazier than this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, don't buy it. Been around lax and sports for a long time and heard some crazy stuff, 99% not true. Just find it hard to believe that some stud lax player is sitting on the bench, because of a vendetta from an administrator. I have acouple of stories that are even crazier than this one. [/quote]

It may not be an excuse I think there are transfer rules and requirements. http://www.hufsd.edu/assets/pdfs/athletics/2012/nysphaa_bylaws_eligibility.pdf pg 107

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to believe it's not true that's your right. To think that coaches will not bench a player to to gain favor with an administrator that is running a program by proxy is naive. I"m just relaying the story as it is. I know that when the transfer was in progress the family called and ask the A.D. if she would lose a year of eligibility, and the family was assured that if the player was selected to play for the team she would be eligible. The rule that was sighted was never, to my knowledge, used as an excuse to not play her, and if it is the reason why wouldn't the coach relay that as the reason?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid is a transfer they must sit for the year it is a nys athletics participation law. Nothing nefarious going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like North Port

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Huntington 7th graders are some of the best in their age group and deserve
to be brought up to JV.ive seen them play and they have a very hi Lax IQ. Huntington lucky to have them.

Opinions are great, everyone can have them but it doesn't make it true!!

I thought taht the Huntington Team is filled with Elevate players - not YJ players? I know a lot of girls on Elevate that play on Huntington. The coach is a YJ coach but alot of players are Elevate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid is a transfer they must sit for the year it is a nys athletics participation law. Nothing nefarious going on.

If a girltransfers High Schools they have to sit out one full year? Is that correct? Is that for both public and private schools? I dont think that is accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the most points in a game is so far this season, no names just total points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please start talking about the games this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please start talking about the games this season
Ok what do you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Newsday has the high in game point total for Suffolk with a couple of 15 point games And Nassau tops at 11 points

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a girltransfers High Schools they have to sit out one full year? Is that correct? Is that for both public and private schools? I dont think that is accurate.

NYSPHSAA TRANSFER RULE AND ELIGIBILTIY
In accordance with the NYSPHSAA Transfer Rule, the eligibility of a high school athlete is impacted if the athlete transfers from one high school to another without a corresponding change of address of the parent. The rule state the following:
If a student transfers after attendance begins in his/her 9th grade year, from one high school to another, without a corresponding change of address of the parents, the athlete is ineligible to participate for a period of one year in any sport that he or she participated in within the last year.
This eligibility policy governs transfers between public school to public school, as well as transfers between private schools and public schools, or parochial schools and public schools. In essence, if an athlete leaves the Commack School District to attend a private or parochial school, and returns after their ninth grade year has begun, and there is no change of address of the parents, the athlete is ineligible to participate in any sport that they played in the preceding year. The rule is sport specific. A written request for appeal can be submitted to the Section XI Eligibility Committee for a student-athlete who transfers due to circumstances of undue hardship. Supporting documentation must be provided upon request.

https://www.commack.k12.ny.us/athleticdepartment/athletichandbook.pdfTaken directly from Commacks website, it is listed on nearly every school districts website if one looks hard enough.

A kid will get ONE waiver per high school career, must be filed for and approved prior to first practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NYSPHSAA TRANSFER RULE AND ELIGIBILTIY
In accordance with the NYSPHSAA Transfer Rule, the eligibility of a high school athlete is impacted if the athlete transfers from one high school to another without a corresponding change of address of the parent. The rule state the following:
If a student transfers after attendance begins in his/her 9th grade year, from one high school to another, without a corresponding change of address of the parents, the athlete is ineligible to participate for a period of one year in any sport that he or she participated in within the last year.
This eligibility policy governs transfers between public school to public school, as well as transfers between private schools and public schools, or parochial schools and public schools. In essence, if an athlete leaves the Commack School District to attend a private or parochial school, and returns after their ninth grade year has begun, and there is no change of address of the parents, the athlete is ineligible to participate in any sport that they played in the preceding year. The rule is sport specific. A written request for appeal can be submitted to the Section XI Eligibility Committee for a student-athlete who transfers due to circumstances of undue hardship. Supporting documentation must be provided upon request.

https://www.commack.k12.ny.us/athleticdepartment/athletichandbook.pdfTaken directly from Commacks website, it is listed on nearly every school districts website if one looks hard enough.

A kid will get ONE waiver per high school career, must be filed for and approved prior to first practice.

If the family moves from one district to another the player is eligible right away.

The rule is in place so that kids can not simply enroll in another district in order to play a sport.

The rule is in place to try and stop people from gaming the system and to prevent teams from bringing in ringers. However, where there is a will there is a way. Parents have been finding ways around the system for years. Not sure how often it happens but it does happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said anything about Club Lacrosse. By the way, you do not have to play Club Lacrosse in order to:

- Show up at tryouts in shape. (you can stay fit and train on your own) There is no excuse to come in out of shape and overweight. Doing so displays a lack of commitment on the players part.

- Show up with rusty stick skills. (you can hit the wall or work with a friend) Showing up rusty also displays a lack of commitment.

- Give your best effort throughout the tryouts. Players who were on a team the previous year but do not show an effort during tryouts should not make the current team. (you do not have to be the best to give your best effort)

Sad that there are so many people who believe that athletics should be about seniority and not ability.

The coaches who identify and play the best players in their program will win. Forget the clubs, forget the players grade and forget the politics. Simply identify and play the strongest players. When that is done, all of the players will respect the coach and each other and the "Team" will be successful.

Let the players compete and select and play the best.

Have two girls race, then have the coach tell the girl who came in second that she won the race. The players will not respect the coach or the girl who came in second. There will be resentment and the "Team" will not develop a strong bond. Play upperclassmen or players from certain clubs even if they are not the strongest players and you will have "clicks" and issues on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to be brought up to JV.ive seen them play and they have a very hi Lax IQ. Huntington lucky to have them.

Really???? Well if you watched the first game you would know that the 7th graders were responsible for 7 of the 13 goals scored. They belong there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really???? Well if you watched the first game you would know that the 7th graders were responsible for 7 of the 13 goals scored. They belong there.

But I guess we will never know the score if they weren't there and the older girls were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
say a town has a girl that transferred from a Catholic school where she played varsity lacrosse in 9th grade is she eligible to play in her local high school in 10th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks i thought so but was not sure due to the other posts listed here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks i thought so but was not sure due to the other posts listed here

NYS changed a significant rule this past summer about transfers.

I believe and could be wrong, a player can change back to her hometown HS at any time and play that season's sport (Any participated practice days at the other school count towards the NYS obligated required practice days at the new school). A player can also if proves family Hardship (divorce, move or death) can play outside of their hometown.

I am not sure how the Catholic Schools amended their policy. I believe transfer players could only play non league games. I believe they may have changed as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But I guess we will never know the score if they weren't there and the older girls were.

Yes I do, it would have been tied, like it was until the coach started putting the girls in. The bottom line is that these girls make the team better. Isn't that the goal? There are 9th grade girls on varsity, isn't that the same thing? This is a team sport and if a few players help a team, how is that not a win for everyone involved?

Page 53 of 83 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard