BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
Re: National Premier Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bet anybody on here Madlax beats Crabs May 10th and in the championship.

Bet Madlax doesnt even make it to Championship. Better talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet anybody on here Madlax beats Crabs May 10th and in the championship.

Whatever. We watched FCA beat you at GT this fall. We practiced right after that game. Unless you are flying in your "national" players, Crabs beats you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't the full league schedule posted on the NPYLL website?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't the full league schedule posted on the NPYLL website?

Because year after year their website is terrible. Incredible that they cant fund a decent website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a new website this year, actually. But unless I'm missing something, there's no schedule posted.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a new website this year, actually. But unless I'm missing something, there's no schedule posted.

New website old website..NPYLL's website is sad . Look at it. Some rec leagues have better website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New website old website..NPYLL's website is sad . Look at it. Some rec leagues have better website

NPYLL's website is a joke. What league doesn't update their website for over a year? No schedules - no results - rules are from last year showing uu15, u13, u11 etc. Come on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2019 was going to play Chuck Norris but after he realized how much talent they had he chickened out!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2019 was going to play Chuck Norris but after he realized how much talent they had he chickened out!!!

Play Chuck Norris in what sport. I thought Chuck was a Karate guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha why are you guys all over Madlax 2019 and Madlax in general? They're a great program. It is pretty funny though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're a great program. It is pretty funny though.

Calling Madlax a "great" program IS pretty funny. Especially when everyone bolts at the first opportunity they get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bolts really that is so off base. If they go to Blackwolf its a great team so be it. Or they play for there elite private high school off season team. Where else are they going I would love to hear/see this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it time for a 2015 thread? Season started!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bolts really that is so off base. If they go to Blackwolf its a great team so be it. Or they play for there elite private high school off season team. Where else are they going I would love to hear/see this?

Can somebody please translate this into English?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was asking where all the Madlax players are going? If they are leaving the first chance the get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are going to Blackwolf, Crabs and VLC. Several of the best players for Madlax HS and youth have left for those clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf? VLC? Do those programs even exist? Trig in TX and King Crab MIA for VLC.

Does anyone leave DC to go to Baltimore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackwolf? VLC? Do those programs even exist? Trig in TX and King Crab MIA for VLC.

You need to take your head out of Cabell's [lacrosse]. And yes, several Madlax kids have left for the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I agree some of the older kids have left for VLC but that program at the 2018 and below is way way down. And how can anyone say its a Knock on Madlax if a kid goes to Blackwolf or Crabs. Blackwolf takes all the kids who have already been in contact and on track to signing before they play one game for them. The kids go there because they can play with a great team but do not have to grind to get seen they are all ready have there spot on a college team. And the Crabs are the crabs. The talent level is getting better in this area. So kids have to leave if they want to be seen/start. Kids do not want to just FOGO,LSM close D or play D Middie. so they leave to play a spot they feel they can shine at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 AA 16 vs Hawks 2019 AA 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Hawks Black 7
2019 Madlax Blue 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to take your head out of Cabell's [lacrosse]. And yes, several Madlax kids have left for the Crabs.

I'm curious as to what age gr I up kids have left a flax for Crabs. If they have they weren't any of the main stars at 2018 or 2019. 2017 or 2016 maybe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score for the Madlax, Hawks 2019A game should really be 6-4 they shot a goal into a empty net with 1 sec. left on the clock. The game was closer then a 3 goal game. I do not care that the kid did it but what is the proper Lacrosse way to handle a empty net with a 2 goal lead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 AA 16 vs Hawks 2019 AA 5

This game is typically much closer. What happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score for the Madlax, Hawks 2019A game should really be 6-4 they shot a goal into a empty net with 1 sec. left on the clock. The game was closer then a 3 goal game. I do not care that the kid did it but what is the proper Lacrosse way to handle a empty net with a 2 goal lead?

What is the proper way to handle a 2 goal deficit;
1) Pull your goalie, double the ball, execute the double and take ball away
2) Pull your goalie, double the ball, then proceed to back slash, cross check and check to back of helmet of your opponent.
Normally in a game with a lead, we would hold the ball, since they chose option 2, we scored a late goal. If we played 39 minute games, you would be be correct, the game would have been closer than 3 goals. Since we play 40 minute games, it was a 3 goal game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I thought was correct it is bad sportsmanship to score a goal in a empty net with .5 secs on the clock of a game you are winning by 2 goals thanks for clearing that up. Like I said I am not mad at all for the kid doing it when I was 14 I would of done the same thing, I was just wondered what I should tell my son the correct classy thing to do is in that spot. The Hawks won the game but we all know what I mean when I said it was closer then a 3 goal game. You are the better team. Do you know if they are going to do a 4 team playoffs in this 2019A bracket or are they just going to do a Championship game? Because there is only 6 teams in the Div.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I thought was correct it is bad sportsmanship to score a goal in a empty net with .5 secs on the clock of a game you are winning by 2 goals thanks for clearing that up. Like I said I am not mad at all for the kid doing it when I was 14 I would of done the same thing, I was just wondered what I should tell my son the correct classy thing to do is in that spot. The Hawks won the game but we all know what I mean when I said it was closer then a 3 goal game. You are the better team. Do you know if they are going to do a 4 team playoffs in this 2019A bracket or are they just going to do a Championship game? Because there is only 6 teams in the Div.

You say it is bad sportsmanship, I totally disagree. The correct classy thing to do is play clean to the whistle, not start swinging sticks like baseball bats with thirty seconds to go in a game down by two goals. We did not shoot the ball with a lead in the first game of the season. It is just a championship game in 2019A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2019 aa is sick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see any cheap shots by Madlax but I was at the other end of the field. But retaliation to a cheap shot is still bad sportsmanship last time I check. Its all fine your team is better then Madlax I never said they where not I just tried to put out that Madlax had a chance and kept it close. Maybe they will get a chance to play again this summer. I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a game where the goal is to put it in the goal. It wasn't 17-1. Closer to Wolf scoring an empty net goal with 23 seconds left in the national championship (yeah, I know it's 22 more seconds but still . . .)

Team that doubled the ball played to win rather than lay down on the field. I'd expect the offense to do the same with 2 goal lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thanks I now know how this game should be played. I played Basketball,football and baseball. I look for a classic club like the Hawks to teach me how to play the game with respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see any cheap shots by Madlax but I was at the other end of the field. But retaliation to a cheap shot is still bad sportsmanship last time I check. Its all fine your team is better then Madlax I never said they where not I just tried to put out that Madlax had a chance and kept it close. Maybe they will get a chance to play again this summer. I

Retaliation would have been a Hawk's player slashing back, not scoring an empty net goal in a 2 goal game. Pulling the goalie out of the crease and doubling the ball is a defensive strategy that just about everyone uses. Scoring in that situation in a 2 goal game in my mind would not be unsportsmanlike.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well thanks I now know how this game should be played. I played Basketball,football and baseball. I look for a classic club like the Hawks to teach me how to play the game with respect.

O..the holier than thou person...wait..the holier than thou club...too funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Retaliation would have been a Hawk's player slashing back, not scoring an empty net goal in a 2 goal game. Pulling the goalie out of the crease and doubling the ball is a defensive strategy that just about everyone uses. Scoring in that situation in a 2 goal game in my mind would not be unsportsmanlike.

All games have unwritten rules and I did not grow up playing this game. So yes I was trying to get under the hawks dads skin but I also did want to know what the common correct way to handle this situation is. This answer is fine with me. And if you look back my point at the start was to just let people know the game was really a 2 point game not a 3 point game. ...... Now here comes the the score board says 7-4 not 6-4 but smart people know what I mean.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All games have unwritten rules and I did not grow up playing this game. So yes I was trying to get under the hawks dads skin but I also did want to know what the common correct way to handle this situation is. This answer is fine with me. And if you look back my point at the start was to just let people know the game was really a 2 point game not a 3 point game. ...... Now here comes the the score board says 7-4 not 6-4 but smart people know what I mean.

I realize the rest of the lacrosse community is not as "smart" as all of madlax nation, but the scoreboard says 7-4 because apparently the Hawks scored 7 goals and Madlax scored 4. You can backtrack now all you want, but I really think the point of your original post was to whine about the "unsportsmanlike" empty net, not to simply point out the vast difference between a 2 goal game and a 3 goal game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you got me I am sorry I have learned a lot from you. I need to take my lost with my head up and never question anything the Lacrosse gods from eastern Maryland would do on the field. Thank you I will stay in Va where we are just learning this great game and wait for future instruction from the Hawk nation on how to behave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you got me I am sorry I have learned a lot from you. I need to take my lost with my head up and never question anything the Lacrosse gods from eastern Maryland would do on the field. Thank you I will stay in Va where we are just learning this great game and wait for future instruction from the Hawk nation on how to behave.

You are welcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team has two objectives - score goals and, prevent the other team from scoring goals. Certain strategies emphasize one to the detriment of the other so, if a team gets scored on while trying to increase their chances of scoring, that goal counts as much as any other. Unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In league play every goal counts. GF and GA can mean the difference between making the playoffs and not.

I think the best example of bad sportsmanship is coming here to whine about the score (7-4) and then getting snippy with everyone when they tell you you are wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed! This has been one of the dumbest posts among many. Not even worthy of a discussion.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard