BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 226 of 327 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And, Head Coach of the girl's team at McDonogh School. They've won the last 112 games in a row.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is Chris Robinson

The lead singer of The Black Crowes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's my bloated YJ mommies doing? All fattened up from the long winter? Ready to jam yourself into your matching Under Armour outfit and drink some booze with your friends in the parking lot at the next tournament? Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's my bloated YJ mommies doing? All fattened up from the long winter? Ready to jam yourself into your matching Under Armour outfit and drink some booze with your friends in the parking lot at the next tournament? Lol

Sounds like you miss the YJ Mommies. What's wrong did the ladies forget to invite you? By the way how would you know what anyone drinks , while you are driving home the YJ are still playing in the championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are priceless... Can't we just start a Lax season with a hearty "Good Luck Girls" wish?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's wrong with some cheer between friends? Sounds like you should try it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are priceless... Can't we just start a Lax season with a hearty "Good Luck Girls" wish?

Would that actually reflect reality in any way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the makings of a reality show. They could have a LI edition and a MD edition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Chris Robinson

The lead singer of The Black Crowes.

That makes sense why the Crowes haven't done anything lately since Lax is a year round endeavor in the land of Bif anf Muffy. BTW, I definately enjoyed when the Crowes played with Jimmy Page and did songs from the Zeppelin catalogue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, our FAF mommies are ready and can't wait to drink you guys under the table. Go get'em girls!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed the YJ store added 3x and 4x gear this year (in true YJ fashion just don't forget to add the large size surcharge).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed the YJ store added 3x and 4x gear this year (in true YJ fashion just don't forget to add the large size surcharge).

Who is modeling it in the pictures?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its so the out of shape dads can walk around with YJ gear while their daughter on the 8th team is playing and losing to some town team. But I have a YJ sweatshirt!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so the bloated mommy's from out east can hide their liquor bottles in their jackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought it was because there is suck demand to wear the exact gear that CR wears and that only comes in 3x and 4x.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha! Boy, you must HATE that your daughters have to play for Elevate and Top Guns White! Too funny! Even the third YJ team will beat all but the top TG team and you all know it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the YJ store, I haven't seen it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is insane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You r really one class act. I'm sure your daughters are so proud to call you dad

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I wish this was true. I wanted a sweatshirt but the sizes only go to xl. I don't need a triple but an XXL would be nice. I guess I will have to rock the hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought 3x and 4x meant how inflated the prices are for the apparel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha! Boy, you must HATE that your daughters have to play for Elevate and Top Guns White! Too funny! Even the third YJ team will beat all but the top TG team and you all know it!

LOL, why don't you tell us how the game is going when you are watching your YJ 3rd team daughter playing. 2nd class YJ citizen..lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you will never know because you will be playing yj 4.5&6 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOUR OBVIOUSLY A MORON. YOU ARE SOOO STUPID TO EVEN PUT A QUOTE LIKE THAT WHEN YOU KNOW ITS NOT TRUE. IM SURE THE TG WHITE IS MUCH MORE RESPECTED THAT ANY GIVEN YJ TEAM AND YOUR NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS AS ELEVATE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE CLASSLESS AND IN PRETTY SURE YOUR TEACHING YOUR DAUGHTER THE ROPES.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOUR OBVIOUSLY A MORON. YOU ARE SOOO STUPID TO EVEN PUT A QUOTE LIKE THAT WHEN YOU KNOW ITS NOT TRUE. IM SURE THE TG WHITE IS MUCH MORE RESPECTED THAT ANY GIVEN YJ TEAM AND YOUR NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CLASS AS ELEVATE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE CLASSLESS AND IN PRETTY SURE YOUR TEACHING YOUR DAUGHTER THE ROPES.

if you leave the hook in the water long enough someone always takes the bait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean? You come on hear and wait for someone to respond to your false statements. You need help... Yj is a classless operation and well as about 95 percent of the families. This is very unfortunate. You feel good about putting down others. Like stated above, given the opportunity and position of where my daughter was at this time I would not choose Yj. Tg and Elevate are far superior organizations. Maybe not as many wins. But in the long run better people. Something in which you obviously know nothing about. Some of us are trying to build great kids and great character. Where you my friend are building enemies and monsters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and funny how no one came on to disagree with poster, its been a week. You really need to look at yourselves in the mirror people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is just tired of the same old BS. No one really cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question as we are new to this. If you go to the Yellow Jacket alumni tab on their website, it says almost 65-75 kids have committed in each of the last three years. Does that mean almost every single kid is playing in the college listed or at the very end they just list the college the girls are attending. The list kind of implies that no kid chooses not to play in college and that everyone from the 3rd team is playing in college? Would love to know what percent of the 75 actually are on college teams and what percent got money. It is a very impressive number of girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question as we are new to this. If you go to the Yellow Jacket alumni tab on their website, it says almost 65-75 kids have committed in each of the last three years. Does that mean almost every single kid is playing in the college listed or at the very end they just list the college the girls are attending. The list kind of implies that no kid chooses not to play in college and that everyone from the 3rd team is playing in college? Would love to know what percent of the 75 actually are on college teams and what percent got money. It is a very impressive number of girls

Go to the college listed. Go to the teams roster and see if they are playing .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is mostly an unspoken topic, no will really come out and say how much (if any ) athletic money their girl received. The commitment list is just that, girls make a verbal commitment at some point during their high school career to a specific school and this gets posted. If said kid ever plays for that team, for the most part, no one really knows. They can “de-commit “ for various reasons , academic, injury, etc..
The high profile girl everyone knows is easy to track, just check the rosters of Florida, Notre Dame and Stony Brook for some recent YJ alumni.. the girls that go to smaller/less high profile lax colleges may not play past freshman year.. but who cares they used lax to get in to a school they may not have based on other factors.
Certainly no one (other than the parents) track all these kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is mostly an unspoken topic, no will really come out and say how much (if any ) athletic money their girl received. The commitment list is just that, girls make a verbal commitment at some point during their high school career to a specific school and this gets posted. If said kid ever plays for that team, for the most part, no one really knows. They can “de-commit “ for various reasons , academic, injury, etc..
The high profile girl everyone knows is easy to track, just check the rosters of Florida, Notre Dame and Stony Brook for some recent YJ alumni.. the girls that go to smaller/less high profile lax colleges may not play past freshman year.. but who cares they used lax to get in to a school they may not have based on other factors.
Certainly no one (other than the parents) track all these kids

That's a very honest answer for an honest question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at the very end they just ask every girl what college they have chosen to attend whether its to play lacrosse or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at the very end they just ask every girl what college they have chosen to attend whether its to play lacrosse or not.

Many, actually most, of those girls are early commits. I would guess that, yes, they are playing college lacrosse. Like the other poster said, that doesn't mean they received any $$; however, their lacrosse skills very likely had much to do with their acceptance and commitment. This is, after all, Long Island. Few places in the country put as much emphasis on highly competitive lacrosse. And, like them or hate them, Yellow Jackets are probably the strongest overall program in the nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh no not the Nation the Country by sure.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I posted the following in July of 2014 and I will follow up after each season. This is based on the 2013 YJ Class. I can't help you with your money question but this will help regarding the playing question. Hope it helps.

*****From July 2014 Post*****

I'm picking this thread to list the following because it is the 2014 Spring girls and there has been some discussion about age, playing time, etc.

The following is a breakdown of the Class of 2013 YJ commits and their playing time in their first year of playing college lacrosse. The list was 66 girls (from the website) of all YJ teams across all college divisions. (Disclaimer--I was a YJ parent and my daughter is not represented by this group. I read the YJ thread and things seemed nicer back in the day).

I broke it down as follows: (Strictly by games played)

1) "Impact" player played most games
2) "Played" is about 50% of games with statistical contribution
3) "Not Significant" played in a handful of games with little statistical contribution
4) "Did Not Play"--self explanatory but injury or transfer a possibility

45% of the 2013 commits were "Impact" players
11% of the 2013 commits "Played"
36% of the 2013 commits were "Not Significant"
8% "Did Not Play"

Just food for thought. If I can remember I'll try to follow this class to 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you find any girls that were not on the lax roster of the school they committed to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for this! I think almost half of the girls getting significant time in their first year is really good. It shows that all the time they put in in high school and travel was worth it, imo. Anyone can get playing time as a senior if they are committed enough.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Did you find any girls that were not on the lax roster of the school they committed to?

I know of at least one who committed to play another sport yet is still listed on the YJ commit list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So almost 50% are home rums. Of the bottom 50% I wonder how many of them hold onto their scholarships?

Like Reply Quote
Page 226 of 327 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard