BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
BOYS PAL League
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Here is the thread you requested. Play nice.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: BOYS PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

would it be so much to distinguish between Suffolk and Nassau

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Does it matter? Some Suffolk teams play in Nassau pal, plus, what goes on in one is beneficial for all to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have a link to the boys schedule

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a Nassau PAL thread already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk, your coach should be able to supply you with a copy of your schedule. There is no link for it online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is on the Syosset lacrosse site under PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk, your coach should be able to supply you with a copy of your schedule. There is no link for it online.

When does the Suffolk season start?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
When does the Suffolk season start? [/quote]

This Sunday, 3/29

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got word that MG is no longer suffolk director

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know if it's true but heard that the Chairman of the Suffolk County PAL Lacrosse was fired because he was withholding this season's schedule for some reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fall of MG .... First TLI now Suffolk PAL....... Bye Bye......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What would be the benefit of withholding the season schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know if it's true but heard that the Chairman of the Suffolk County PAL Lacrosse was fired because he was withholding this season's schedule for some reason.

If he is the Chairman, how does he get fired?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Gongas is gone from PAL because EVERYTHING he does is self serving. He hides behind the mask of "I do it all for the kids". That's BS. This guy is mentally unstable and belongs on the sidelines with the rest of the unstable lacrosse parents in his travel program. Nothing worse then a volunteer that complains about volunteering. Like its getting in his way of doing what he really wants to do. Go make the last of your money with Team Long Island, that will soon be over too!!!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop

We can do that if you like. Maybe we can make two new ones and call them Nassau. Use these for Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Gongas really gone? He sent out schedule emails to the Directors yesterday. Gongas is like a rash that wont go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are around a dozen Suffolk towns playing in Nassau County PAL this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few other towns that sound like the above.

I have a question how common is it to have "tryouts" masqueraded as 'evaluations" by those in the good ole boy network. or better yet, what grade is it okay to have TRYOUTS. Surely cant be 2nd or 3rd grade could it. This is PAL for goodness sake. You have a few more years before you find your best middie attack. and heaven knows you can have 5 years before you found your defender or goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The you should document it and make it formally know to SCPAL> Those guys try not to give out waivers. If your coach brought on two or three players without them he will be suspended for the season
quote=Anonymous]That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a question how common is it to have "tryouts" masqueraded as 'evaluations" by those in the good ole boy network. or better yet, what grade is it okay to have TRYOUTS. Surely cant be 2nd or 3rd grade could it. This is PAL for goodness sake. You have a few more years before you find your best middie attack. and heaven knows you can have 5 years before you found your defender or goalie.

I don't think evaluations/tryouts are a bad thing at any level, as long as there is opportunity to advance to a more competitive team as a player's skills and ability grows. If you have 15 kids that can catch and throw effectively and 15 who's skills are still developing, separating them will allow a coach to work on skill specific drills. You will allow more advanced kids the ability to tackle more advanced strategies and concepts while strengthening the core skills of the others. The advanced team will play in a higher division and be challenged while the developing team will be placed in a lower division with similar teams and still be competitive. I've seen it work well as young as 2nd or 3rd grade, absolutely. Inevitably, the teams will balance themselves out over time. Some players will just work harder than others and kids will drop from the top team and be replaced by players who have worked to improve their game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Suffolk is run by a bunch of clowns that have ruined the PAL experience for both the kids and the parents. The directors and coaches of many of the teams left in Suffolk have all lost sight of what this is supposed to be. This was meant to be a place where kids from the same towns/school districts would play against kids from other towns/school districts. In the coaches and directors own selfish desires to win at all cost the PAL experience for the kids is lost. My son plays for Sachem North 6th grade and the new coaches have imported kids from as far away as South Hampton, Center Moriches and elsewhere to play on his team in an attempt just to win games. Sachem is a very large district with more than enough kids to field their own teams, but instead our kids will be on the sidelines watching kids from other towns play, falsely representing Sachem lacrosse. This is discouraging for our kids and make them not want to play because they feel the "coaches" don't think they are good enough. The pathetic excuse of a director we have knows all about this but does nothing. PAL knows this practice is rampant in their league but they refuse to do anything about it. If you are going to run a league and then refuse to enforce your own rules you're league is destined to fail. Suffolk PAL and the programs left in it have and continue to fail all the kids and their town programs involved which is a shame, because isn't that all it is supposed to be about?

Sachem football is no different. This is absolutely no disrespect towards you because you seem to feel the same way, but your league is a disgrace on every athletic level. With the huge talent pool that you guys have over there, there's no way that your teams should have any out of town players. I've been to the coaches meetings for the peewee league... they're horrifying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are few things in youth lax worse than watching your wide-open son being ignored because no one will pass him the ball for the entire game. Even teams encourage even distribution and play-making opportunities.

I don't think evaluations/tryouts are a bad thing at any level, as long as there is opportunity to advance to a more competitive team as a player's skills and ability grows. If you have 15 kids that can catch and throw effectively and 15 who's skills are still developing, separating them will allow a coach to work on skill specific drills. You will allow more advanced kids the ability to tackle more advanced strategies and concepts while strengthening the core skills of the others. The advanced team will play in a higher division and be challenged while the developing team will be placed in a lower division with similar teams and still be competitive. I've seen it work well as young as 2nd or 3rd grade, absolutely. Inevitably, the teams will balance themselves out over time. Some players will just work harder than others and kids will drop from the top team and be replaced by players who have worked to improve their game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a disgrace that Sachem, one of the largest districts on L.I. has kids from out of district playing for them. They are and have been a traditionally competitive lacrosse rich district and am sure they have plenty of kids wanting to play at all levels to field a team of their own kids. The parents in that league should be outraged having to watch their kids ride the bench while kids from other schools play for their team, I would consider that nothing short of a huge slap in the face. Maybe they should learn from the other big lax programs surrounding them on how to run a program and start grooming their own kids to play. I guess this is just what youth sports has become in some places, not about the development of the kids but fulfulling some loser coaches own self serving interests of winning at all costs. Everyone playing them this year should ask to see their roster and to ID all the kids if SCPAL is going to take no action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is so bad why don't you just ask for your release. I am sure they would give it to you. It sounds like you would be doing the community a huge favor. The youth programs are fine and hundreds of kids and families are happily part of the program. But you also get the trolls like yourself on BOTC that like to stir the pot, anonymously of course.

You just sound like a disgruntled parent. You are the problem in youth sports, not the VOLUNTEERS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is this even possible? there are very few exceptions for a child not playing for his own district: 1 - there is no team offered at his grade level is his own district; or 2 - the child is from a split home and while he does not live in the district, one of his parents do and he has ties to that district. Most of the districtis surrounding Sachem have programs at all levels so there should be absolutely no reason (other than those stated above) for them to have anybody other than those from Sachem playing PAL. Somebody needs to step up and fight for their children if non-Sachem boys are playing Sachem PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey congratulations captain obvious, you figured it out, I am a disgruntled parent. I'm sorry I am disgruntled because I pay to have my Sachem kids play in a large "Sachem" based league that according to you I should have to ask for a release for my Sachem kids from a Sachem league because I(and many others) are not happy that non Sachem kids are playing in the Sachem league taking playing time away from Sachem kids....makes total sense. This is the mentality we are dealing with and why we choose to remain anonymous so our children do not suffer the repercussions. Why don't you ask yourself why are these non Sachem kids playing in the Sachem league? Maybe they are disgruntled parents, maybe they were problems in their league, why aren't they playing there?..where the are supposed to, but that doesn't matter, right? Problem is not with all volunteers, just some who are doing it for the wrong reasons....win,win,win!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is so bad why don't you just ask for your release. I am sure they would give it to you. It sounds like you would be doing the community a huge favor. The youth programs are fine and hundreds of kids and families are happily part of the program. But you also get the trolls like yourself on BOTC that like to stir the pot, anonymously of course.

You just sound like a disgruntled parent. You are the problem in youth sports, not the VOLUNTEERS.

you are joking right. I am glad I have aged out but I have seen it all in the PAL system. Cheaters, boys club mentality, do as I say, pity me the volunteer, and all the rest and as soon as you confront them to fix or to help you are singled out and ostracized.

PAL is for Hometown not guest stars. Sure there is the special instance for that kid in a town who does not have a program not for those that don't like their program "because the kids are too week in their opinion".

yes there must be levels of play so each learns plays and grows at a rate which makes them thrive but the way it has gone is crazy.

You say hundreds are happy, well I bet hundreds are not, so what does that make it.

PAL should institute at least 2 days of practice for each team above 4th grade. One day for the entire grade to practice together (with all coaches) and another day for each team go over game situations. This way each town can grow the stronger players and their program together while also promoting the town as a whole (not as a hole).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Charlie...maybe if you and your friend Mike didn't make kids not want to play, the program would not be in the shambles it's in. The former Head Coach and his Assistant were a disgrace. Kids dropped left and right not wanting to play anymore. Parents are thrilled to see them gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Anonymous or Charlie, you sir are an idiot and the type of parent who have systematically destroyed youth sports as we know it. With the daddy ball and the whining in the stands about why isnt my son who has tow left feet starting quarterback on the football team. You're a tool pal. Be realistic. It's a shame how obsessed you are with this with your written letters about "hired guns" or whatever. You're an idiot. It's youth sports clown....Since when is sachem youth sports governed by Sachem school district or any youth sports program. They're kids clown. Maybe they had a bad experience in their hometown organizations and just want to play lacrosse or football or whatever for sachem. Maybe thier parents are Sachem alum and are familiar with the program or came up through the program and want their kid to play their you moron! Give it a rest and grow up! And there's no way your son plays for that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem youth sports isnt governed by Sachem School district pal. Maybe those kids had bad experiences in their hometown programs. Did you ever think of that. Their kids they just want to play somewhere. And who cares who they play for and listen, Youre son doesnt play for that team. Maybe he did at one time and you were soured by something but seriously grow up and go back to work. Youre a grown man who writes anonymous letters and posts anonymous posts. Show your face say who you are. Please do. Especially if you "claim" youre a North parent on that team. Stop hiding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the truth. My child is on that team and I was one of the parents that said something to the board of directors. These coaches were horrible to the kids. It got to the point that many of us couldn't take it and filed a complaint to have him removed. The board responded to our many complaints to ask him not to coach and mow they are determined to do anything they can to make our season miserable.

Do not listen to these lies. The truth is that they were terrible coaches that would scream at the kids for no reason and just had poor communication skills with the kids and parents. The kids didn't want to play for them and everyone knew it. We are happy its over and they are gone.

They want everyone to think that Sachem is terrible but the truth is they are just not nice people and upset that we wanted him to be removed and are much happier for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clown. Stop kissing the varsity coaches *****. They dont know you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where'd the guy go that was complaining about the sachem program. Coward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Anonymous or Charlie, you sir are an idiot and the type of parent who have systematically destroyed youth sports as we know it. With the daddy ball and the whining in the stands about why isnt my son who has tow left feet starting quarterback on the football team. You're a tool pal. Be realistic. It's a shame how obsessed you are with this with your written letters about "hired guns" or whatever. You're an idiot. It's youth sports clown....Since when is sachem youth sports governed by Sachem school district or any youth sports program. They're kids clown. Maybe they had a bad experience in their hometown organizations and just want to play lacrosse or football or whatever for sachem. Maybe thier parents are Sachem alum and are familiar with the program or came up through the program and want their kid to play their you moron! Give it a rest and grow up! And there's no way your son plays for that team.

Article VI:7 of the Suffolk PAL Lacrosse Rules:
A player must play for the program in the public school district where the player lives, unless there is prior written approval by both involved directors. If the involved directors do not agree on a player playing outside his school district, the player must play for the program in his school district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clown. Stop kissing the varsity coaches *****. They dont know you

Stop being so classy...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
truth is they do know you and were in support to have your removed because of crap just like this. It's easy to see who is the one with real problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats great you took the time to quote the rules. #1 how do you know those kids didnt get an approved release form from their home district. Secondly, if a kid never played youth sports in their home district then your article VI:7 doesnt apply so calm down with the rules quoting. It means nothing. Their kids not 15 year old midgets that were snuck on the team. The t's were crossed and i's were dotted before the season began. Theyre not pro players their skill set is equal to any other experienced player on that team and there's quite a few. So go back to doing what youre doing and stop hurting kids who just want to play no matter where it is you idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, youre replying to the wrong person. I was responding to the same idiot u were when I said stop kissing the varsity coaches *****. He knows who he is thats why he's hiding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend are the real loser. Citing rules. I thought it was about the kids. Obviously not for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player must play for the program in the public school district where the player lives, unless there is prior written approval by both involved directors. If the involved directors do not agree on a player playing outside his school district, the player must play for the program in his school district.

As a football and lacrosse board member from my town, I can state, as fact, that Sachem sports have never notified us when one of our players has tried to play with them. It's really a shame, because they have some outstanding players and parents. Most of the coaches I've met have been respectable gentlemen; however, it appears that the wrong people have been coaching their top teams. They should recognize that children who go to school together, hang out after school and on the weekends together, and see each other socially will always play better together than if a few out of towners are brought in just to win. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't even won while cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yea right....like that rule is followed. let kids play where they want. That rule is there to punish people who want to leave their program and go to another. PAL nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend are the real loser. Citing rules. I thought it was about the kids. Obviously not for you.

Hiding behind the "it's about the kids"?? Really??? Taking kids from other towns to build a winning team is about fat Sachem trash coaches and their unfounded egos. There are rules for a reason, *****. PAL is about town kids playing together. Because your kid sucks and can't play on a quality winning travel team, doesn't make it ok for a fatass coach like you to cheat to get him a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stay away from our lacrosse program and leave us alone. enough is enough. You are not welcome and these tactics only show how overdue it was for you to be removed as the coach. Now we can finally just play lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids are kids it doesnt matter if they go to school together. matter of fact when i played youth sports in the 80's i didnt go to school with any of my teammates. i was from outside "the district." and it never mattered

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not cheating ******. Cheating is when you dr birth certificates and stuff like that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is about the kids jerk off. Thats why there's why kids who want to play arent turned away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such harsh words. Wonder if this thread will be removed. Where are the mods?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlie this is exactly why SSC asked you and your assistant coach to leave and never come back. You were a pathetic loud mouth crazy coach who doesn't know how to talk to or coach the kids.. you are only out for yourself.. everything you say is all lies.... don't be a bitter man just go back to work and find something else to do with your time... loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlie U *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this guy's kid any good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats great you took the time to quote the rules. #1 how do you know those kids didnt get an approved release form from their home district. Secondly, if a kid never played youth sports in their home district then your article VI:7 doesnt apply so calm down with the rules quoting. It means nothing. Their kids not 15 year old midgets that were snuck on the team. The t's were crossed and i's were dotted before the season began. Theyre not pro players their skill set is equal to any other experienced player on that team and there's quite a few. So go back to doing what youre doing and stop hurting kids who just want to play no matter where it is you idiot.

Nice twist on the rules! If they never played in their home district that's not at all what it reads. But if they do have the releases from both their home district and sachem then they are allowed to play on that team. I side with the rational people it's for town teams only. There's not many towns that don't have a PAL program.
That is what tournament teams are for or pick up teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids are kids it doesnt matter if they go to school together. matter of fact when i played youth sports in the 80's i didnt go to school with any of my teammates. i was from outside "the district." and it never mattered

The 80s had a quarter of the amount of teams then there is now. PAL was structured different and rules changed. Time for you to cut the mullet and step into the new millennium

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

http://suffolkpal.usl.la

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still here and just sorry to see what I have been saying all along has come to fruition. Instead of addressing the issue people single out and personally attack those who they think brought it up. Did not mean or want to have this wrath headed in any one's direction, but at least the issue is out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did you district have a program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully you will just go away now. You have done enough damage to our kids and our team and this thread is only further proof of your craziness. It was always about YOU. Things like this remind us all of why we requested to have a new coach put in place. Who goes to this extreme over youth sports? I have never been on this site but felt it was necessary to speak up. We will play and be happy win or lose but we will not have to listen to our kids get verbally demoralized by you and your assistant anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my district takes the 3 village kids who get cut at the tryout for pal.no waiver or release ever produced.coach goes as far as telling opposing teams he has a mixed town team to cover his a... never has a roster ever been asked for or produced in suffolk pal. cant even get coaches to wear i.d badges at games.ralph

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my district takes the 3 village kids who get cut at the tryout for pal.no waiver or release ever produced.coach goes as far as telling opposing teams he has a mixed town team to cover his a... never has a roster ever been asked for or produced in suffolk pal. cant even get coaches to wear i.d badges at games.ralph

A try out for PAL. I thought that was not allowed. I thought the rules stated take any kid who wanted to play, plays. I am fine with making stronger a/b teams (using town players). I believe that is the only way players get better but to not let a child play because they didn't make a cut. or better yet, what about the old don't let travel boys play PAL because they were played travel. Sachem is not the only one.

don't now who Charlie is, but you don't like his good and plenty I take it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A try out for PAL. I thought that was not allowed. I thought the rules stated take any kid who wanted to play, plays. I am fine with making stronger a/b teams (using town players). I believe that is the only way players get better but to not let a child play because they didn't make a cut. or better yet, what about the old don't let travel boys play PAL because they were played travel. Sachem is not the only one.

don't now who Charlie is, but you don't like his good and plenty I take it!

Charlie needs to be quiet now that everyone know his true colors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the actual rule about a player playing up in grade. Why is Suffolk. Pal against it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the actual rule about a player playing up in grade. Why is Suffolk. Pal against it?

There should not be a rule. If there is that's rediculous. Give those better players A chance to stay "in town" in stead of going to and only doing travel. Prep those boys for the progression of HS especially at 5/6th grade. May sound rediculous to you but trust me it will hurt the town or HS down the road.

There are current examples of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could be wrong, but I din't think there's a rule for a player playing up. Obviously there's a rule for a player playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vidoe tape them, send a copy to the Suffolk County cop in charge of PAL and just for kicks send one to Newsday
That is the truth. My child is on that team and I was one of the parents that said something to the board of directors. These coaches were horrible to the kids. It got to the point that many of us couldn't take it and filed a complaint to have him removed. The board responded to our many complaints to ask him not to coach and mow they are determined to do anything they can to make our season miserable.

Do not listen to these lies. The truth is that they were terrible coaches that would scream at the kids for no reason and just had poor communication skills with the kids and parents. The kids didn't want to play for them and everyone knew it. We are happy its over and they are gone.

They want everyone to think that Sachem is terrible but the truth is they are just not nice people and upset that we wanted him to be removed and are much happier for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vidoe tape them, send a copy to the Suffolk County cop in charge of PAL and just for kicks send one to Newsday

to the guy/gal who responded to the post "on top" of the previous post....is it that difficult for you to respond below the post your are referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe this person was referring to last years coaches who have since been removed. At least that's how I understand it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk is not PAL has no police involvement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk is not PAL has no police involvement

Suffolk is definitely PAL. Definitely has police involvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Suffolk is P.A.L.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are hysterical...Good Luck Sachem North at the Shamrock Shootout tomorrow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Suffolk is P.A.L.

does the girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this topic is DONE!! We all know who the culprit is and who to blame. Let's have a great season and move on!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If SCPAL actually LOOKED at the rosters OR they issued photo ID (like Football).
ENFORCE your own rules and actually check for waivers. But something tells me this is a can of worms nobody wants to open. If Gongas is really gone maybe the new executives will have an interest in running it like a real program and not a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this topic is DONE!! We all know who the culprit is and who to blame. Let's have a great season and move on!!!

I would not say it is done. Are the people who are running it now there while the last régime was there. if so they need to leave as well. I find it hard to believe one or two people were governing the whole thing. Remember change is always difficult, there will be many things questions both good and bad.

Good luck to those fighting the good fight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are a number of towns, big towns, that just put out 1 team for pal -- 3 village, long beach come to mind. those teams are traditionally always strong and wind up beating up on the 3-4 equal teams per grade gc, manhasset and csh would put forth. this was a major reason why the Select division was created. so teams could competitively play those towns that do that--and what happened- some of those town dodged the select league and opted to stay in D2...total joke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are a number of towns, big towns, that just put out 1 team for pal -- 3 village, long beach come to mind. those teams are traditionally always strong and wind up beating up on the 3-4 equal teams per grade gc, manhasset and csh would put forth. this was a major reason why the Select division was created. so teams could competitively play those towns that do that--and what happened- some of those town dodged the select league and opted to stay in D2...total joke...

Total joke if it is true that the reason 3 village only has one team is because it is a tryout team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Video tape them? you're a loser. If you knew anything about PAL its illegal to videotape another team's practice or games. Just continue to video tape the guy next door to you taking a shower guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, your sister wears a mullet in her underwear. Shame we'll never see the intensity in sports that the 80's brought. The way i was coached in that era turned me into the adult I am today. Now a days the mommy's and daddy's writing emails and crying to board members and coaches are destroying youth sports. Wake up everyone it's still sports. Let the coaches coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a few years ago the executives of the Suffolk PAL Football left after about 8ooo years running the league. There has been big changes there since that happened. Maybe the voices of change can now break through the dictatorship that had developed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah all the good old timers left. Now all the vaginas and women took over. Lets be nice and have consolation games and yay hug everyone. Take the word contact out of the word contact sports. Now all the cry babies go to the meetings and complain waaaaaahhhh i cant move up to the A division we'll get killed but theyre slaughtering teams in the H division. Those were good guys that original PAL group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woo said anything about taping another team ? Its about improper behavior from your own coaches. I see I hit a nerve, is somebody bringing in ringers and acting like a lunatic ?
Video tape them? you're a loser. If you knew anything about PAL its illegal to videotape another team's practice or games. Just continue to video tape the guy next door to you taking a shower guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, your sister wears a mullet in her underwear. Shame we'll never see the intensity in sports that the 80's brought. The way i was coached in that era turned me into the adult I am today. Now a days the mommy's and daddy's writing emails and crying to board members and coaches are destroying youth sports. Wake up everyone it's still sports. Let the coaches coach.

Easy there, Al Bundy. What's next, you're going to tell us about your 4 touchdowns in one game at Polk High??

The way you were coached turned you into the adult you are today??? Well, no one likes what you've become. That's why they want things changed. Total meathead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know any coaches who behave improperly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are hysterical...Good Luck Sachem North at the Shamrock Shootout tomorrow!

Yeah, Sachem North. Good luck at the tournament playing town teams with your select team stacked with out of towners. Even cheating, you're still going to lose because your coaches suck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh You know me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! Lets go boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record 3 Village does not have a tryout. It is an evaluation. Any kid who wants to play PAL lacrosse has an opportunity to play on a PAL team. Also there are grade levels with multiple teams in them. So who ever is writing about 3 Village doesn't know what is going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REALLY???? Says who???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem should never have to bring in players with the amount of kids in that district. Pal Lacrosse teams are supposed to be made up of town players only. If the coaches feel the need to bring in other kids to compete then they should start a travel team. Hopefully PAL will start to get involved and start checking rosters and enforce the rules of the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I think that it a nice gesture that they allow children that want to play this great game the opportunity to play when their OWN district has a ridiculous set of rules that prohibits them from playing for their town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you talked about the " win, win, win" mentality. Actually the team you are talking about lost all its better players because of the coaching change for summer ball that you bitched and moaned to get. Went from playing in A division to the C division. From what I understand and have heard through the grapevine, 12-15 players did not come back because of the coaching changed from all your crying!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did they go ? to stack some other town team ? You play for your town team if its in PAL PERIOD. If there is hardship, parents divorced and its easier to play in the other parents town etc. you can get a waiver. WHo gives a crap if your A or C. This is NOT travel ball. There are plenty of other avenues for better players to play.
you talked about the " win, win, win" mentality. Actually the team you are talking about lost all its better players because of the coaching change for summer ball that you bitched and moaned to get. Went from playing in A division to the C division. From what I understand and have heard through the grapevine, 12-15 players did not come back because of the coaching changed from all your crying!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record 3 Village does not have a tryout. It is an evaluation. Any kid who wants to play PAL lacrosse has an opportunity to play on a PAL team. Also there are grade levels with multiple teams in them. So who ever is writing about 3 Village doesn't know what is going on
i call schennagins after evals the boys are split into p.al. and in house. every boy does not get to play p.a.l. with 3 village ralph

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second those shenanigans!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids who quit, wouldn't play for you MIke. It ends up being 5 or 6. Your constant talking about a sport you know nothing about, bored them to death. great job destroying what could have been a good team. The constant negativity , putting kids down behind their backs. Karma is a [lacrosse] and it all comes back. The kids will have fun this year and move on to the MS program next year. Hopefully they can undo the damage that was caused by Charlie and Mike the last 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I think that it a nice gesture that they allow children that want to play this great game the opportunity to play when their OWN district has a ridiculous set of rules that prohibits them from playing for their town team.

It's certainly a "nice gesture" but that's not what the rules state for PAL. Your gonna have to elaborate further on what a rediculous set of rules are exactly for us to feel your pain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL should cancel games tomorrow now .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of a shooting clinic going on today? Looking to get out, preferably in Suffolk but will travel. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL should cancel games tomorrow now .

Can't see them playing the games tomorrow, especially on the fields in central and eastern Suffolk. It is not going to warm up fast enough for this stuff to melt in time. If it even does warm up.
We shall see....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Sachem North. Good luck at the tournament playing town teams with your select team stacked with out of towners. Even cheating, you're still going to lose because your coaches suck.

Stop whining Charlie, it's not very ladylike. Your son is more than welcome to play its just you that no one wants on the sideline anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No games. And still no schedules. SCPAL Lax what is going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change at the top combined with two weeks of cancelations . Its going to be a rough road and the individual town directors are going to have to take the bull by the horns. Lotsa headaches but with next being off do to Easter it gives them breathing room it get it sorted although I am hearing three towns just made the jump to Nassau PAL, that shoul dput a wrench in it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No games. And still no schedules. SCPAL Lax what is going

If you click a date on the calendar on the right side on the page, it will open a schedule. I found that out by accident.
Website needs some serious updates too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should do them a favor and all move to Nassau PAL. Its a great time to make a clean break. Create more Suffolk divisions within NCPAL and just let SCPAL die from self inflicted wounds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The suffolk PAL website has not been updated in over 4 years. It really is a shame.

What long island needs is a full travel lacrosse league. Let all these travel teams play a full league schedule, not just tournaments. Soccer has found a way to do it and make money, thats what travel lacrosse is about.

PAL is about teaching the game to the kids, any kid. I do not agree with stacking teams and playing down a division. I coach a C level team. Thats what we are. We are not going looking for kids outside the district. My son has been playing for 5 years and could play on an A or B level team, but we are playing with his friends and classmates, half of them just started last year or this year. It is a shame that some coaches recruit kids from outside their district at the expense of local kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The suffolk PAL website has not been updated in over 4 years. It really is a shame.

The above link IS an updated website. For the first time since 2011, you can see your teams schedule online for the current year.

Progress people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The above link IS an updated website. For the first time since 2011, you can see your teams schedule online for the current year.

Progress people

Most programs, for whatever reason, have been sending their teams to the old site. I believe this one was a secret to most until it was posted here. Directors only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Progress people

Wow, what a difference one day makes. I hope you keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Most programs, for whatever reason, have been sending their teams to the old site. I believe this one was a secret to most until it was posted here. Directors only.

And a BIG thank you goes out to whomever it was who posted it.

I know for a fact my director didn't even know it existed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No problem. It was sent out by my son's team for the first time this year. I assumed that everyone got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you can put the website under the useful links section on bottom right of the main page. Nassau PAL is listed there already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good PAL games this past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most were cancelled. 3"of snow even on the turf fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your director is full of crap as all directors had to add their own home games to that site!!! Every Director created their own log in!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a difference between the 4 Divisions in NCPAL for 4th grade?

I was under the impression that the Board encouraged balanced teams through 4th grade (whether towns comply with that mandate is another discussion and based on the comments in this thread it appears that many towns do not). That said, if every town is supposed to have 'balanced' teams, are the Divisions merely structured to group towns that have similar abilities based on history?

Would be interested to hear if anyone can shed some light on how the 4th grade Divisions are determined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Divisions are determined based on the previous years records. PAL tries to create balanced divisions so that similar strength towns play one another. PAL asks the directors to let them know if the team for the current year has similar players from the previous year, and looks at their record as well. They match similar strength teams. It usually works out well unless a director lies and stacks a team that is put in a lower division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is why the Select division was created--so teams could compete if they chose to with the towns that have cuts for PAL and only put forth one team into PAL play and up until this point would roll over many of the other non stacked multiple team PAL towns...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wondering how the opening weekend worked out for you? we were involved in a blowout. great job seeding teams pal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle Country 8 th grade team is a sandbagging fools.. Their Coach is a tool.... Plays down just to win games....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle country not a stacked team combined two teams. They r a good team but like all other teams have some good players and some weak players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a difference between the 4 Divisions in NCPAL for 4th grade?

I was under the impression that the Board encouraged balanced teams through 4th grade (whether towns comply with that mandate is another discussion and based on the comments in this thread it appears that many towns do not). That said, if every town is supposed to have 'balanced' teams, are the Divisions merely structured to group towns that have similar abilities based on history?

Would be interested to hear if anyone can shed some light on how the 4th grade Divisions are determined.

My sons 4th grade malverne played Franklin square today.

Division 4. It was 11-9.. Evenly matched. Both teams had 1 or 2 players with most kids without a clue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any where to get the results of Suffolk PAL games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle Country 8 th grade team is a sandbagging fools.. Their Coach is a tool.... Plays down just to win games....

there is an 8thgrade PAL division??? what the what

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any where to get the results of Suffolk PAL games?

Don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why the need for scores, is there a playoff? if not then each game is a new season each week building on the next!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a shout out to Long beach 5 "B" team. They played North Shore and blanked us. Long Beach was well coached, played clean and were aggressive. Good experience for my North Shore guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any good games yesterday??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but there are 7th/8th divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but there are 7th/8th divisions.

This is a pure 8th grade division as well - played yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to this... Anyone know where to find Nassau results/standings week to week?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to this... Anyone know where to find Nassau results/standings week to week?

That is not posted. Never has been, probably never will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

This site no longer works. Anyone know whats going on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]does any one have the Suffolk PAL schedule. If so can you please post.
-thanks

This site no longer works. Anyone know whats going on?

it worked this morning...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 4th grade. How is the Suffolk PAL season going for everyone? Who are the teams that you're having troubles with (any division)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B+ division seems pretty light. How do they pick the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 4th grade. How is the Suffolk PAL season going for everyone? Who are the teams that you're having troubles with (any division)?

The Sayville Purple team in the 4th Grade Blue Division is a very good team. They should really be in the A division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most town pal division bracket teams are picked and separated by a group of coaches or the director. It's basically done that way to give each kid the realistic opportunity to play at his or hers own level.
Many parents although feel that their child is more advanced then they really are which creates animosity amongst the parents from the no kid should be seregated factor . as usual politically correct syndrome will ruin youth town ball if the objective is to build a stronger program by placing the advanced with advanced and the devolopmental with the devolopmental , there's no value in placing both together on both ends of the fence , when neither will benifit from it .

B+ division seems pretty light. How do they pick the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sayville Purple team in the 4th Grade Blue Division is a very good team. They should really be in the A division.

Thanks for the info. We play them later in the season. Anyone else play any solid teams in B+? Port Jeff? Comsewogue? Riverhead? SYAG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's the best 4th grade team? Three Village?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jericho Gold is definitely in the conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 3rd and 5th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info. We play them later in the season. Anyone else play any solid teams in B+? Port Jeff? Comsewogue? Riverhead? SYAG?

That Comsewogue team is an average B+ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip is team to beat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bayshore has a pretty good 6th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the team to beat is Bayside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you basing that Comsewogue statement on. Did your son's team play them? What was the score? And if not what teams has your son's played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Bayside Tigers? I heard that, too. **deleted**is the best fogo the team has ever seen. And if he can get it up to ***deleted**at lefty attack, it's a goal, no doubt. With **Deleted***at LPM, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with; even with **Deleted****in goal.

You had to ruin it in the end!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will know who that is now!

Very nice!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is 4th grade A competition so far We play B and want yo see difference. Smith town 3v etc.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lets start posting in the 2015 PAL thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Bayside Tigers? I heard that, too. **deleted**is the best fogo the team has ever seen. And if he can get it up to ***deleted**at lefty attack, it's a goal, no doubt. With **Deleted***at LPM, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with; even with **Deleted****in goal.

You had to ruin it in the end!!

That was a reference to the 90's TV show "Saved By The Bell" and their team the Bayside Tigers smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did suffolk pal go today? Any good games in 4th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCPAL Rules Article 1 Section 1 Paragraph 4:
No player can participate in a scheduled league game unless he/she is on that team’s official roster. A player may appear only on one (1) roster and registered in only one (1) community. All league teams must produce their official roster if requested by an opposing coach or league official.

I am aware of a few teams that broke a few of these rules this weekend by leaving A team players in for the following B games or using older "filler" players. I will be educating every official of this rule and will ask that it is enforced for any game my team plays. Coaches, save your stories and just bring your rosters. I don't want to hear your lame justifications, simply follow the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happening in Nassau too. Never thought I would see the day towns would cheat to win PAL games. This sport is going down a very sad road. Someone has to step up or baseball is going to start seeing a lot of their players coming back. It's already starting to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happening in Nassau too. Never thought I would see the day towns would cheat to win PAL games. This sport is going down a very sad road. Someone has to step up or baseball is going to start seeing a lot of their players coming back. It's already starting to happen.

I believe this is one of those unenforced rules (like most PAL rules, unfortunately). Many towns might have 26 kids on a grade level. Way too much for one team, but a little shy for two. They'll have a rotation of kids that play on both teams so everyone gets equal playing time. It's extremely common and will never be enforced. Either way, if you're bringing a player to play back to back games he should be a detriment by the 2nd game because of exhaustion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did Comsewogue, Sayville an Port Jeff do in 4th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did Comsewogue, Sayville an Port Jeff do in 4th grade?

Sayville played Riverhead and won by a few goals. Riverhead has some quality players and the team is going in the right direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not interested in the pathetic story, how many kids you have or if the players are "exhausted" by playing for multiple teams. It's simple. Play by the rules. Its up to the coaches to enforce the rules. My responsibility is the safety of my players. If you play my team I am asking for your roster. Now you know in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bellmore-Merrick has a strong team in 4th grade. They are filled with multiple kids who play travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bellmore-Merrick has a strong team in 4th grade. They are filled with multiple kids who play travel.

Oh, you mean the South Shore Thunder? They cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not interested in the pathetic story, how many kids you have or if the players are "exhausted" by playing for multiple teams. It's simple. Play by the rules. Its up to the coaches to enforce the rules. My responsibility is the safety of my players. If you play my team I am asking for your roster. Now you know in advance.

We're not talking about older kids. We're talking about kids in the same grade. You're not concerned about safety then. You're concerned about losing. PAL has never instructed directors to ensure that their coaches have a copy of their roster with them. Furthermore, the rosters don't have pictures anyway. If PAL thought it was a problem, this would have been addressed. I can assure you that you won't get a roster from any team. This isn't football. Teams are not required to meet at midfield and review rosters. The rule is not now, nor has it ever been, enforced. If you play my team, you won't get one. Now you know in advance. If you won't play it will be considered a forfeit and my team will go get ice cream. Your team will go home wondering why their coach wouldn't let them play lacrosse on a beautiful spring day. Maybe your team needs a new coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Thunder/Igloo/Express.... depends on who's available. And they're decent, but not elite at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not interested in the pathetic story, how many kids you have or if the players are "exhausted" by playing for multiple teams. It's simple. Play by the rules. Its up to the coaches to enforce the rules. My responsibility is the safety of my players. If you play my team I am asking for your roster. Now you know in advance.

We're not talking about older kids. We're talking about kids in the same grade. You're not concerned about safety then. You're concerned about losing. PAL has never instructed directors to ensure that their coaches have a copy of their roster with them. Furthermore, the rosters don't have pictures anyway. If PAL thought it was a problem, this would have been addressed. I can assure you that you won't get a roster from any team. This isn't football. Teams are not required to meet at midfield and review rosters. The rule is not now, nor has it ever been, enforced. If you play my team, you won't get one. Now you know in advance. If you won't play it will be considered a forfeit and my team will go get ice cream. Your team will go home wondering why their coach wouldn't let them play lacrosse on a beautiful spring day. Maybe your team needs a new coach.

Never seen it happen , but you are absolutely required to have copy of roster with numbers. If you aren't cheating , why so concerned?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Thunder/Igloo/Express.... depends on who's available. And they're decent, but not elite at all.

whats your beef? nobody even mentioned Igloo or Express - someone didn't make the team????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not interested in the pathetic story, how many kids you have or if the players are "exhausted" by playing for multiple teams. It's simple. Play by the rules. Its up to the coaches to enforce the rules. My responsibility is the safety of my players. If you play my team I am asking for your roster. Now you know in advance.

Never seen it happen , but you are absolutely required to have copy of roster with numbers. If you aren't cheating , why so concerned?

I don't cheat. Trust me, I don't need to because I can coach. I also don't whine and [lacrosse] when I lose. I've been coaching PAL for my kids on some level for 9 years and never once have I been told to carry a roster by my progam's director or PAL rep. Never once have I been asked to produce a roster by a ref or opposing team's coach or PAL rep. Go ahead and see what happens. I promise you'll be told to pound salt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too have coached PAL teams for the last decade and would have no issue producing a roster prior to a game... every coach has the rosters for all the teams for pal at the beginning of the season. I was actually challenged once for a player that borrowed another players jersey from our other PAL team for not being on my roster and playing on both teams. both players were very good. Some coaches really do pore all over those things...paranoia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't cheat. Trust me, I don't need to because I can coach. I also don't whine and [lacrosse] when I lose. I've been coaching PAL for my kids on some level for 9 years and never once have I been told to carry a roster by my progam's director or PAL rep. Never once have I been asked to produce a roster by a ref or opposing team's coach or PAL rep. Go ahead and see what happens. I promise you'll be told to pound salt.

Lighten Up Frances

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only a matter of time that age requirements and rosters become mandatory for lacrosse - PAL, tournaments, etc. It is done in other sports and lacrosse is just lagging behind. With all the noise about holdbacks and cheating, this is the only way to address the problem. It's going to stink for the holdbacks when they have to start playing with kids a grade ahead but hopefully that will cause people to reconsider doing it in the first place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It works fine in Football. Lax should follow suit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just adjusted my Official PAL Roster. I added 5 kids that I'll take if I'm short. That's how easy it would be to circumvent this rule. Until they go with photo verification, you're going to be boring you wife, and anyone else that will listen, with all of your excuses for losing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then your director and PAL rep don't know the rules. PAL definitely tells the directors that all coaches are supposed to have a copy of their roster, and the rules (which also say to have the roster), at every game. If you're such a great coach, it would help if you actually read the rule book. Based on your posts, you sound like a mediocre coach, who doesn't know the rules!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

whats your beef? nobody even mentioned Igloo or Express - someone didn't make the team????

No, my kid made a better team. I was saying that depending on the tournament, South Shore Thunder plays kids from Igloo and Badgers as long as they are not playing with their other teams. At Shamrock they had 3 HB's and more than a few Igloo, for example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do these extra players come from if they are in the same grade?
Let me guess... You have A team players filling in on the B or C teams. Your lacrosse director should take the time to tell you the rules or actually read the rulebook.

SC PAL does think it is a problem and has been trying to create a new rule mimicking football. But your director keeps voting it down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, looking forward to seeing it. Remember it must be filed with SCPAL and can not have players from other rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, looking forward to seeing it. Remember it must be filed with SCPAL and can not have players from other rosters.

Don't be ridiculous. Certain A players are on the bottom of the spectrum and should be allowed to play on the b team (when available) and so on.

The top half of players should not play a level down but the bottom half of a roster (talent wise - we all have them) should be able to play a level down as long as on age.

Playing makes the kids better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having kids from an A team roster play with your B or C team is cheating. There is no ambiguity as to who is on the bottom of the spectrum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a former sachem youth lacrosse player form years back. I coach my son's PAL team in another town. Can someone please tell me what happened to their youth lacrosse program? I understand some of the teams are doing well but as a whole I heard that most of their teams are dreadful. I didn't believe it until after one of my son's games I stuck around for the next game in which a sachem team was playing. I believe it was one of their older teams. And the opposing team put up double digit goals to the tune of I think sachem's 2. As a former sachem youth athlete it was difficult for me to watch. My son is only 7 and im new to the PAL lacrosse community as a coach.....can someone that's familiar with their situation tell me what's happened over there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a pathetic argument. This is PAL. Form the team and play the team. Everyone should play and have fun. This isn't a level about winning and losing. If you are such a great coach, go coach at igloo, express or 91. Dominate and do whatever you want with your roster. Be the hero you think you are. Then you can spend a few months in the spring with the kids in your sons school and teach them to play. If your so great you shouldnt be short of players. You would have 18 or so and would be able to play short on a given weekend. Unless being undefeated is your thing. In which case you probably are bringing in ringers. You are also the jack&&& who sand bags during the seeding meetings.
You can tell the other coach to pound salt for following rules that you are admitting to breaking while you crow about what a great coach you are, but you are the PROBLEM with PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong. Bringing players down is just wrong. Up, no problem. NOT down. You are probably why our towns B team gets shellacked week in and week out vs. supposed D3 teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is worse his that he does not see anything wrong with it and can completely justfiy it in his mind. "Certain A players should be allowed to play on a B team" or "should be allowed to play down"...wth? "Playing makes kids better" is probably referring to his kid and their friends who he decides will get to play on all of the A, B, C and D teams. Hopefully the PAL board members can read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do these extra players come from if they are in the same grade?
Let me guess... You have A team players filling in on the B or C teams. Your lacrosse director should take the time to tell you the rules or actually read the rulebook.

SC PAL does think it is a problem and has been trying to create a new rule mimicking football. But your director keeps voting it down.

Wrong again, Captain Presumpuous. I coach the top team. When I need kids because of communions, confirmations, etc... I bring in boys from the 2nd team to fill. And unless the red are carrying around copies of every team's official "filed" roster, no one will know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is worse his that he does not see anything wrong with it and can completely justfiy it in his mind. "Certain A players should be allowed to play on a B team" or "should be allowed to play down"...wth? "Playing makes kids better" is probably referring to his kid and their friends who he decides will get to play on all of the A, B, C and D teams. Hopefully the PAL board members can read.

Easy guy. You're calling out several posters. It's not just one guy posting these. No, I see no problem with bringing kids up to play in my team if I'm short. If the alternative is one team of 28 players, I'd rather have two teams of 14 and risk being short. I agree with the poster that playing makes kids better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if the number of kids in a grade is 23, 8 "A" players, 8 "B"players, and 7 "C/ new" players? Where do you put the team? PAL Rule states all teams 3rd grade and above must have 15 players to be eligible so there can only be 1 team. Do you play at the B level and have kids playing up and down in divisions or do you have all kids play at the A level and hope B-/C kids make it through the season. 2 teams would be ideal but it does not work when games are scheduled around the same times. If they are in the same grade, does an "A" player playing in the "B" division make the team a bunch of sandbaggers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is cheating. Justify it however you like. But do it against the wrong town and someone will complain. SCPAL lacrosse is getting smaller and smaller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong is you don't see that teams have players on an A team that don't belong because they need numbers. Skill and ability are a relative factors. An A player in one town may be a B player in another. That should be the only thing you are arguing.

No my son never played down always up in age. But I did promote the bottom have of my team to play for the B team. Sometimes it was friends of my son. But only players who belonged skill wise.

I can see how you think many would do this for a winning advantage not me. I did it for the growth of the game and the players development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody with some info on that sachem topic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if the number of kids in a grade is 23, 8 "A" players, 8 "B"players, and 7 "C/ new" players? Where do you put the team? PAL Rule states all teams 3rd grade and above must have 15 players to be eligible so there can only be 1 team. Do you play at the B level and have kids playing up and down in divisions or do you have all kids play at the A level and hope B-/C kids make it through the season. 2 teams would be ideal but it does not work when games are scheduled around the same times. If they are in the same grade, does an "A" player playing in the "B" division make the team a bunch of sandbaggers?

Make an honest evaluation of your TEAM, not the individual players on it, and pick the division that you think fits best. Do what is best for the kids - challenge them to help them improve without putting them in a position where they can't compete. If it turns out you were wrong, make the appropriate adjustment up or down the following year. This is not life or death stuff - just use common sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches from sachem east 2021 are lunatics. poor representation for a good program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make an honest evaluation of your TEAM, not the individual players on it, and pick the division that you think fits best. Do what is best for the kids - challenge them to help them improve without putting them in a position where they can't compete. If it turns out you were wrong, make the appropriate adjustment up or down the following year. This is not life or death stuff - just use common sense.

Bringing kids up from a lower division to fill in for kids in a higher division is fine. And by the way, You would put a team having 10 "A" kids and 6 "B" kids in the A division to see how they do?? Clearly you've never played any of the teams in the A division. Unless your whole team is solid you will be crucified every game. And while I agree that it's not all about winning, it IS about keeping kids interested in the sport and keeping the numbers up so you don't have 25 kids on one team. Getting killed week in and week out sucks. From a player, coach and parent perspective.

So, again, if I'm short players, I'm grabbing them from the second team. No one will say jack. Even if a team grabs players from the first team, you can't coach your team to isolate one or two players? They can only score 4 goals each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is too much squabbling between SYAG and Sachem. Also, kids are spread out over 5 teams. Instead of making teams competitive (A, B, C, D, E) they mix them so that they are all very weak. It's unfortunate. They should be a powerhouse youth program but they're not even remotely there.

And yes, some of the coaches are absolute trash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bringing kids up from a lower division to fill in for kids in a higher division is fine. And by the way, You would put a team having 10 "A" kids and 6 "B" kids in the A division to see how they do?? Clearly you've never played any of the teams in the A division. Unless your whole team is solid you will be crucified every game. And while I agree that it's not all about winning, it IS about keeping kids interested in the sport and keeping the numbers up so you don't have 25 kids on one team. Getting killed week in and week out sucks. From a player, coach and parent perspective.

So, again, if I'm short players, I'm grabbing them from the second team. No one will say jack. Even if a team grabs players from the first team, you can't coach your team to isolate one or two players? They can only score 4 goals each.

I am confused by your post.

In my experience, many of the A teams only have about 10 A players. The rest are really B (and some c)players. Am I crazy for thinking this.

For towns with 2 teams the A team is usually the A players with the better B players. The 2nd team is the B players with no political connections and the c players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is too much squabbling between SYAG and Sachem. Also, kids are spread out over 5 teams. Instead of making teams competitive (A, B, C, D, E) they mix them so that they are all very weak. It's unfortunate. They should be a powerhouse youth program but they're not even remotely there.

Correct, there are two youth lax programs in Sachem that drown out the talent pool, SSC and SYAG. My guess is that it's the only town/district that has two youth programs competing against each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem has the talent to compete but because of the two different organizations SSC and SYAG and then compound the problem by having SSC split teams at k1 level into East and North by which high school they will go to. If SSC followed the Smithtown model and split kids by ability and not worry which high school they were going to until 7th grade. Sachem lacrosse ends up developing less kids because of the way they are split at the youth level. The time has come to stop the nonsense and first and foremost form One Youth Organization, Sachem Youth Lacrosse. Then take the 60-70 kids at each age group and form teams of players with like ability. This will enable more players to be evolved in the game because they are playing at the appropriate level, therefore develop more players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, there are two youth lax programs in Sachem that drown out the talent pool, SSC and SYAG. My guess is that it's the only town/district that has two youth programs competing against each other.

And Sachem also splits the teams into North and East at a much younger age now as well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard