BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 111 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the whole school walked out, they shuttered it, no more Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
over half the lax players from freshman team and same with sophmores on jv transferred out this semester is what I heard.

That is some rock solid intel you are sharing with the world. Unfortunately if you knew anything about Chaminade you'd know that they operate on trimesters not semesters. Also there is no freshman lacrosee team yet since tryouts aren't until March. Other than that, you really seem to have your finger on the pulse of Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
over half the lax players from freshman team and same with sophmores on jv transferred out this semester is what I heard.

That is some rock solid intel you are sharing with the world. Unfortunately if you knew anything about Chaminade you'd know that they operate on trimesters not semesters. Also there is no freshman lacrosee team yet since tryouts aren't until March. Other than that, you really seem to have your finger on the pulse of Chaminade.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out a team or who the players are. No one said anything about starters although one can try to pencil those in whether at private or public.

It does seem logical Freshman and sophomores would leave now and since it is a lax site noting if they are players is the point. Although next week may see a bigger impact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But since when do the facts matter on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
time to let the frosh and sophs play!! nothing special about seniors

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the guy whose sons team is going to get spanked by the Flyers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aaaaand here we go again with this sh*t from parents who never played the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this topic is by far the most entertaining of them all. keep them coming!!!!
thin skinned mommies and daddies vs anonymous tough guys.
its so great!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no stake in this at all, but if a kid is good enough as a Freshman or Sophomore then they should be aloud to play. I don't care what school they attend if they are better then the upper classmen then they should be on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's the only thin part ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no stake in this at all, but if a kid is good enough as a Freshman or Sophomore then they should be aloud to play. I don't care what school they attend if they are better then the upper classmen then they should be on the team.

Why? So if a freshman is better than the 35th senior on the roster they should play varsity? Different players have different roles. They would be better off getting experience on JV. School and coach have very right to make decision based on what is best for the players, team and school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see both of your points. but.... how about cutting kids no matter if they are seniors or juniors? its not an entitlement .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the guy who thinks he's a cowboy with the boots and the duster coat back this year? when we played them it was great watching him stalk the coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see both of your points. but.... how about cutting kids no matter if they are seniors or juniors? its not an entitlement .

It is not entitlement. If you are number 52 on the 55 man roster, you probably will never see the field. Why not give that opportunity to an upper classman? Why have a fresh or soph ride the bench instead of playing on JV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The freshman and sophs cant carry the jocks of the juniors and seniors. None...nada....end of story. Go back into your hole and crawl back out in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go get your Chaminade fleece dry cleaned.
the story is just the opposite. of course the juniors and seniors WHO PLAY will be better than younger studs, but please don't tell me that the kids who rarely get on field are superior players. they just aren't and guess what...they know this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe we should have two varsity teams of 25-30 each?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't use terms like "younger studs" it's so weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
young studs...young studs...young studs...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the story is just the opposite. of course the juniors and seniors WHO PLAY will be better than younger studs, but please don't tell me that the kids who rarely get on field are superior players. they just aren't and guess what...they know this.

c'mon daddy ...please go away. The juniors/seniors will knock the cr@ap out of the pre-pubescent frosh/sophs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c'mon daddy ...please go away. The juniors/seniors will knock the cr@ap out of the pre-pubescent frosh/sophs.

Chaminade Boys wear pantyhose (Do-Da, Do-Da)....

Anybody who went to Catholic school on LI in the 1970s & 80s know that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ugh, young studs....creepy at best, perverted at worst. And Chaminade boys take bubble baths, not wear panty hose. Where the heck are you from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
half the articles in ESPN about young players refer to them as young studs. relax you self righteous tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

\

HAhaha pre-pubescent frosh/Sophs, some are just as old as Jr's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am losing my eyesight but I read these comments about "young studs"
being "aloud" to play.Safe to say this is not a discussion among learned men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a sense of humor you stick in the a** jerk!! If you can't tell some banter on this board you need to find a new hobby, like reading about young studs. What a loser. How's that happy face look in the morning? And I watch ESPN, don't read it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Chaminade parent but I saw them play over the summer at the National High School showcase in Maryland which they won by beating several of the top MIAA teams. Seems to me they will be one of the best teams in the country this coming season and I cant for the life of me understand all the hatred pointed towards this school and these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The brothers still turn the other cheek to the locker room morning boxing club we had in the 80's? you want to talk about steel cage matches before school started... no place for the meek.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The brothers still turn the other cheek to the locker room morning boxing club we had in the 80's? you want to talk about steel cage matches before school started... no place for the meek.

or the Brothers visits? they still turn the other cheek on that too as we know from the news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Chaminade parent but I saw them play over the summer at the National High School showcase in Maryland which they won by beating several of the top MIAA teams. Seems to me they will be one of the best teams in the country this coming season and I cant for the life of me understand all the hatred pointed towards this school and these kids.

Must be different team than was at lake placid? Because they got beat up there!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be different team than was at lake placid? Because they got beat up there!!

Correct. Different team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe that was an alumni team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe that was an alumni team?

It was comprised of a group of 2017 boys who had played lacrosse with each other over the course of their time at Chaminade.

The object of playing in Lake Placid was to raise money for the Rangers Lead the Way fund, and honor the memory of SGT James Regan, Jr (Chaminade '98) who was a standout lacrosse player at Chaminade and at Duke University. Jimmy was killed in action in 2007 while supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. Jimmy's jersey number 19 is assigned by the coach to the Chaminade lacrosse players (on Varsity, JV, Freshman teams) who exemplify Regan's leadership and character. Members of this 2017 group have raised over $15,000 over the course of the past 20 months.

Fortes in Unitate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Different team.

I see. They all had Chaminade helmets and were playing in A bracket
So assumed they were the varsity team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Different team.

I see. They all had Chaminade helmets and were playing in A bracket
So assumed they were the varsity team.

I am inclined to believe that you aren't questioning the validity of the "different team" statement. And that is refreshing on this thread.

Most high schoolers wear their school helmets when playing in club lacrosse games and tournaments, but I can understand where you were coming from when you saw a team with all red helmets.

It was simply a team of 2017 FRIENDS who had bonded with each other at Chaminade at some point throughout their respective Freshman / JV / Varsity seasons. They ended up raising some good $$ for LTWF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are they on the lacrosse team? its unclear. were they players at some point and simply were able to buy their helmets after completing career on freshmen or JV ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES??? They raised money for a good cause, what's the point of this questioning? Come on, kids do something positive, rip them, kids screw up and do something wrong...rip them. Here's the answer, a bunch of kids, maybe from Chaminade, who maybe played there, maybe not raised money for a great cause. Satisfied?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only seniors get to keep their helmets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES??? They raised money for a good cause, what's the point of this questioning? Come on, kids do something positive, rip them, kids screw up and do something wrong...rip them. Here's the answer, a bunch of kids, maybe from Chaminade, who maybe played there, maybe not raised money for a great cause. Satisfied?

Raising money is all good stuff! Great to see kids doing things for a great cause. Think the point was someone saw team at tournament and said best in country. Someone else said saw at other tournament, and they are not!! Two different topics. And calm down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only seniors get to keep their helmets

Not true. Kids buy helmets. See fresh and sophs all summer wearing their helmets!

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 111 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard