BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Long Island Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
As per your request here is a dedicated Team Elevate thread. Happy posting.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Not from Elevate, but I like what I see going on over there. Not an elite club, but moving in the right direction and they have some pretty good teams in a few age groups. Glad to see more LI clubs coming on strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not from Elevate, but I like what I see going on over there. Not an elite club, but moving in the right direction and they have some pretty good teams in a few age groups. Glad to see more LI clubs coming on strong.

Are there any age groups that the can honestly say their top team is near TG or YJ top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their teams are way better than tg without a doubt. What makes you think that th is an "elite team". And what is your reasoning to think that elevate is not. Just curious. I have been on tg and elevate and believe me there is no comparison, in players, coaches and overall TEAM closeness. It really is a well oiled machine where tg is just falling apart at the seams. This is my daughters 2nd year on elevate after 2 miserable years at tg. Everyone have to [lacrosse] foot around BS and SS. I honestly don't know why..... The lack of coaching on tg together with the disconnection between players and coaching is despicable. Just glad I made the move when I did. DK IS AN AMAZING INDIVIDUAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there any age groups that the can honestly say their top team is near TG or YJ top team.

2021 team beat TG easily last year and had a couple of close games with YJ. Certainly better than TG 2021 last season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 girls from 2021 are gone from last season ...curious why all the movement ...I guess we will see this season...go elevate!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 elevate beat 2021 tg 6-4 at national draw last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I could see elevate 2021 blue picked up some real nice players. Don't know where some of them are from but I like what I see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters 2021 Evate team crushed TG black last summer and had some good games with YJ Blue. 2017 Elevate is better than TG black as well. My guess is Elevate has surpassed TG in many age groups - some just haven't played each other in several years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 girls from 2021 are gone from last season ...curious why all the movement ...I guess we will see this season...go elevate!!

11 2021 girls gone? From what club are you talking about? If your talking TG you are way off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Elevate parents, try not to hang your entire clubs hat on a 2 goal win at 2021. Sounds too much like the TG 2020 argument. And easy on questioning the elite status of your club. Elite is where you draw the line. A town club can be elite among other town clubs, a team can be an elite group amongst other LI teams. Elevate can likely be elite LI
for some age groups. Nationally elite? Not even in discussion on either a team or club level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughters 2021 Evate team crushed TG black last summer and had some good games with YJ Blue. 2017 Elevate is better than TG black as well. My guess is Elevate has surpassed TG in many age groups - some just haven't played each other in several years.

My niece is on a 17 team that played TG 17 black and purple. There is no difference in talent. YJ top 2 teams are outstanding, no comparrison and NO- I am not in any way affiliated with them, I just truly enjoy watching all of these female athletes play. Some have already peeked and it is great to see others are now catching up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Elevate is a talented group I'm sure they'll be better than YJ or TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear some of them are ready to verbally commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear some of them are ready to verbally commit

I also heard they dominated in the dribble fest last year with a very strong showing in potty training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They run excellent clinics and camps. My daughter has gotten alot out of their instruction. I heard they also ran bus trips for recruiting age kids to colleges up and down the northeast - sounded like an excellent idea. They seem to do a lot of innovative things for the kids and familes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they will give Yellowjackets a run for their money within the next three years. Keep up the great work Elevate!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 new girls on 2021 te

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they will give Yellowjackets a run for their money within the next three years. Keep up the great work Elevate!!!

What's going to happen in the next three years that is going to drastically change this club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's going to happen in the next three years that is going to drastically change this club?

I hope nothing drastically changes elevate - I think it is an amazing place for my kid and a lot of people are very happy there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are in Central Suffolk and the travel girls in our school play for TG or YJ (more TG) with a few playing for 91 or Title 9 but no one that I know of plays for Elevate.
Where does Elevate get their girls from; Northwest Suffolk and Eastern Nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another question regarding the teams. IS the top team in each age division blue, then red, then white?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 new girls on 2021 te

Where'd they come from

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think there are 11 new girls. I know they trimmed their roster. There might be 8 new girls. It seems they are getting girls from all over now. Massapequa, wantagh, Huntington, cold spring harbor, north shore of nassau county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 new girls on 2021 te

Where'd they come from

Most are girls that came from other clubs lower teams. Some didn't try out, made a deal. One is a parent whose older kid has played in TG, YJ, and now Elevate. Good Luck with this NUT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have very limit experience with Elevate but Ive seen them play and they seem to have a solid program. My daughter has played for another club For a few years. However, I wanted her to consider a change and so she attended the TE tryouts. I can tell you that they held the most organized tryouts I've ever seen. I was quite impressed. Although she was offered a spot on one of their blue teams but she decided to stay with her friends on the team she's been playing for. I was a little disappointed but I left the choice to her. I guess it was all for the best. I was hoping to escape the politics and crazy parents but I seems that there is no escaping. They are at every club, at every level and unfortunately you just have to deal with it, put on a fake smile, throw up a wave once in a while and pray that they don't feel the urge to come talk to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have very limit experience with Elevate but Ive seen them play and they seem to have a solid program. My daughter has played for another club For a few years. However, I wanted her to consider a change and so she attended the TE tryouts. I can tell you that they held the most organized tryouts I've ever seen. I was quite impressed. Although she was offered a spot on one of their blue teams but she decided to stay with her friends on the team she's been playing for. I was a little disappointed but I left the choice to her. I guess it was all for the best. I was hoping to escape the politics and crazy parents but I seems that there is no escaping. They are at every club, at every level and unfortunately you just have to deal with it, put on a fake smile, throw up a wave once in a while and pray that they don't feel the urge to come talk to you.

While there will be the "parent" issue wherever you go, I have found the parent issue at Elevate to be much less than at YJ and TG. You are right about the tryout as well. Having been to others, Elevate's is very well organized and I think the girls are made to feel very comfortable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK we get it. Elevate is the next great thing. The same person on here talking to him/her self. Please Come on and chat when your teams actually win something or have won something..........crickets...crickets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK we get it. Elevate is the next great thing. The same person on here talking to him/her self. Please Come on and chat when your teams actually win something or have won something..........crickets...crickets

Question: Why would you come on here and even read a Team Elevate thread if you are not on the team? Why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question: Why would you come on here and even read a Team Elevate thread if you are not on the team? Why do you care?

For the same reason the owner goes on the YJ thread promoting his second rate club. Keep telling yourself how competitive the Elevate teams are , at what age are they actually competitive .Your best age group 2017 placed behind the only two 2017 YJ teams in the same tournament and behind the only 2018 YJ team. The only time your 2016 team played YJ was in a 25 minute playoff game and the score was somewhere in the 10-0 range.Stop posting on other clubs threads and they will forget your club even exists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the same reason the owner goes on the YJ thread promoting his second rate club. Keep telling yourself how competitive the Elevate teams are , at what age are they actually competitive .Your best age group 2017 placed behind the only two 2017 YJ teams in the same tournament and behind the only 2018 YJ team. The only time your 2016 team played YJ was in a 25 minute playoff game and the score was somewhere in the 10-0 range.Stop posting on other clubs threads and they will forget your club even exists.

Gotta love the classy YJ's. It was only a matter of time before they came on hear to spew their hatred.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's actually refreshing having Elevate parents come on and say what they like about their club and the moderator said in a different thread that he does check to see that it's not the same person answering their own questions so lighten up; all your negativity is making me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK complete tool bag. Has a Player,coach and everything that he touches with Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK complete tool bag. Has a Player,coach and everything that he touches with Lacrosse.

So if you put DK, SS, and CR together, would that be a tool kit? or a tool chest?

I really don't know the club at all (I asked which color is the top in each age group, blue I assume and where they pull girls from) but it seems like you are good in some years and not that good in others but you seem to have less drama than the top 2 clubs. Folks should not use this post to say hey my clubs 2022 girls kicked your 2022's butt; use the specific year post for that and if you like your club good and if you don;t theres always another club on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's actually refreshing having Elevate parents come on and say what they like about their club and the moderator said in a different thread that he does check to see that it's not the same person answering their own questions so lighten up; all your negativity is making me

Great program, very good coaches, extremely well organized and run. Do some excellent things including clinics/training. Draw clinic is amazing! They had a bus tour for kids to over 30 colleges this year. They are having college camps over the summer. My daughter has bonded with the kids on her team in a way I could never had imagined! Could not be more pleased with this club.

Like Reply Quote
Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse - April Camp
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has elevate run the camp they are running over April break before and if so, has any attended?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse - April Camp
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has elevate run the camp they are running over April break before and if so, has any attended?

2nd year running it. Very good last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have gone to a lot of their clinics this winter. They run some excellent clinics and I am sur ethis will be equally well run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have gone to a lot of their clinics this winter. They run some excellent clinics and I am sur ethis will be equally well run.

Heard a bunch of 2018s went to Penn for Freshman day today. For those of you that atended, how was it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard a bunch of 2018s went to Penn for Freshman day today. For those of you that atended, how was it?
Daughter not from Elevate but she attended both the freshman open house in the morning and the clinic in the afternoon. Penn Head coach spoke to the girls and the parents and was super impressive. Overall they did a very good job. In terms of the clinic, generally strong players there, recognized many girls and parents who recently attended the Elite 120. However, to keep things in perspective, they only take 8 girls a year and probably 70 attended the invite only open house portion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent. Elevate showed very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How strong is Elevate 2018 team? Can they compete with YJ Blue, TG, STEPS, M&D, Skywalkers, etc. or not at that level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Elevate have spring shooting clinics at the HUB?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
This requested thread started out hot and heavy. What happened? Whats going on in the Team Elevate world?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This requested thread started out hot and heavy. What happened? Whats going on in the Team Elevate world?

so you are soliciting drama?

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

If drama is all your capable of you can sit this one out. Simply asking for any news or thoughts. Thanks for the question though.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Spelling

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If drama is all your capable of you can sit this one out. Simply asking for any news or thoughts. Thanks for the question though.

Here you go:

Some 2020 - 2018 girls had the opportunity to play against Team Israel this past Sunday.

Some 2018 girls got to go to UPENN for their Freshman Day on Sunday.

On Tuesday TE had a TE New England family meeting after the Brown vs. San Diego D1 game and then they had a free college recruiting night for about 100 people at Brown.

Spring Break camp is coming up next week.

Hope this helps in regards to what's going on.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
That all sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Hot and heavy " doesn't sound like looking for news amd questions. Sounds like stirring the pot!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

"Hot and heavy " doesn't sound like looking for news amd questions. Sounds like stirring the pot!

The only one stirring the pot right now is you.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not looking to stir the pot, just curious. Does Team Elevate get an automatic bid to the U15 tournament this year? Or do they have to send a team to Delaware for the qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
Not looking to stir the pot, just curious. Does Team Elevate get an automatic bid to the U15 tournament this year? Or do they have to send a team to Delaware for the qualifier?

They made semi finals so should get automatic bid. You can get an at large bid as well if you don't win a qualifier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares there were only 5 or 6 good teams there,all from LI so you should stay home play each other and then the winner can pound there chest and claim to be the best.Woohoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Elevate world is just fine, very happy. Most of the posts on these threads are from disgruntled people. Maybe that's why this thread is quiet. No news is good news.

There isnt a lot of drama in the TE world - its a good thing. Looking forward to the Camp thats starting tonight - should be a great clinic the next 3 days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15's haven't been filling all their spots over the past several years. There are several teams that play every year, don't qualify and don't win half their games. Express an interest and you will get invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They either lose badly to yj or are put in a watered down bracket (2018)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, I'll bite. What is the situation? What drama?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about??? Sounds like you are just making stuff up?? There was no meeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where there's smoke there's fire!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Team Elevate provides an excellent travel lacrosse experience for many players and their families and Mr. Kotowski runs a quality club. On par with many other clubs out there.
With that said, message me with details and I will follow up if necessary.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=The Hop]Team Elevate provides an excellent travel lacrosse experience for many players and their families and Mr. Kotowski runs a quality club. On par with many other clubs out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total of 15 Long Island girls are playing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, Fairfield vs. Princeton, being played at Stony Brook this Friday at 7pm. Come out and cheer for the local young ladies......Winner plays Stony Brook on Sunday...

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
[quote=Anonymous]What happened? Public knowledge? I haven't heard anything and am in Elevate.

Not appropriate to discuss on BOTC. Privacy will be respected.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened? Public knowledge? I haven't heard anything and am in Elevate.

I agree with HOP. Sounds like HOP is aware of the situation and this as he correctly states would not be the place for the situation to be increasingly publicized and not the appropriate forum for the Directors to address it. I am sure they will find the right place and time to do so, but this would not be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with HOP. Sounds like HOP is aware of the situation and this as he correctly states would not be the place for the situation to be increasingly publicized and not the appropriate forum for the Directors to address it. I am sure they will find the right place and time to do so, but this would not be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the TE tweet - new uniforms look AWESOME!!!! We just got our team store gear and that came out great as well. Looking forward to a fun summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the TE tweet - new uniforms look AWESOME!!!! We just got our team store gear and that came out great as well. Looking forward to a fun summer!

My friends was looking at my daughter's team schedule and asked why is the top 2018 team playing in such weak groupings in tournaments? One, for recruiting age kids he said they wont get a lot of visibility at tournaments as coaches will be watching top teams which they are not playing and two, they will go 4-0 each week and lose in the playoffs once they play a decent team? Why not play the top teams? They are playing the 2nd team or in some cases the 3rd team of some of the top teams. A little new to this - am I missing the strategy here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friends was looking at my daughter's team schedule and asked why is the top 2018 team playing in such weak groupings in tournaments? One, for recruiting age kids he said they wont get a lot of visibility at tournaments as coaches will be watching top teams which they are not playing and two, they will go 4-0 each week and lose in the playoffs once they play a decent team? Why not play the top teams? They are playing the 2nd team or in some cases the 3rd team of some of the top teams. A little new to this - am I missing the strategy here?

3 out of 4 schedules were posted:
- New England Cup: they are playing a mixed bag. Some A teams, some B teams.
- Lax for the Cure: this is a championship-style tournament, so they spread out the A teams in different divisions so they end up all meeting in the playoffs.
- Capital Cup: they are playing all A level teams.

I find nothing wrong with this schedule. They are in no "weak groupings". For their first tournament it looks like they are in more of an "A-" bracket, which I think is smart for their first tournament. LFTC I explained, and at Capital Cup they are facing excellent competition, like Heroes for example.

Coaches will be at the games regardless. Obviously you don't know how recruiting/scouting works. Coaches do not just show up to tournaments and only watch the best teams. They go with a spread sheet on specific GIRLS that they want to see. Often while watching those girls, they will also check out the whole team as well.

I do not understand why you feel the need to come on here and complain. Why not send Dave an email? That's what I have always done in the past and that is how I now know all the information I need to. Try not to listen to "friends" trying to stir the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Lax for the Cure: this is a championship-style tournament, so they spread out the A teams in different divisions so they end up all meeting in the playoffs.

I find nothing wrong with this schedule. They are in no "weak groupings". For their first tournament it looks like they are in more of an "A-" bracket, which I think is smart for their first tournament. LFTC I explained, and at Capital Cup they are facing excellent competition, like Heroes for example.

Coaches will be at the games regardless. Obviously you don't know how recruiting/scouting works. Coaches do not just show up to tournaments and only watch the best teams. They go with a spread sheet on specific GIRLS that they want to see. Often while watching those girls, they will also check out the whole team as well.

I do not understand why you feel the need to come on here and complain. Why not send Dave an email? That's what I have always done in the past and that is how I now know all the information I need to. Try not to listen to "friends" trying to stir the pot.

The funny thing is there are so many posts regarding the 2018 team that says "a friend of mine" - watched our games, saw our schedule, heard about this or that, etc. - this is just someone stirring the pot and looking to create BS when there is no BS to create.

What next - is your "friend" going to complain about the dates of the ACT/SAT or regents reviews that Elevate set up as well? Give it a break already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scheduling you describe would be about right for this club. Elevate is not on a peer level with the top clubs A teams, they are par with the second level club's top teams. So if you are director and you go to a tournament and schedule all pool play against the top teams, and lose all those games the team and club is going to come unraveled very quickly. Sounds like the scheduling will have you playing a varied mix of talent which will get you some easy wins, easy losses and some competitive games. Its nice to be able to play the very top teams once in a while as a measuring stick, but not every game all summer long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the response - not complaining - just asking a question and thought on here you would get a few people to weigh in since it is an Elevate thread. I am sure this time of year Dave is quite busy and I am sure he has far better things to do than hang around this forum. Just to clarify, I went back to his email and he asked why at lax for the cure we are in a low division playing the 2nd M&D, United and Skywalker teams. He said all the better teams are all in the top 2 or 3 divisions. He was saying we aren't playing any of the top teams below who are all in the top 2 divisions. If they are spreading out the top teams, like you state above, how are all of these teams below in the same top 2 groups? Thanks in advance for responding.

Capital:2018 Blue
Cardinal 2018
Soundcrosse (Ct) 2018
Maryland United Lacrosse Club 2018 East
Sky Walkers 2018 Blue
Steps Elite 2018 Blue
M&D Lacrosse 18 Black
Nems Lacrosse:2018
Phantastix:2018 Purple
South Jersey Select Lacrosse
Tlc Lacrosse:Tlc 2018Red
Yj 2018 Rose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from Elevate. Honestly, to get the most exposure for your 2018s, you need to play the best teams in most of the tournaments - YJs, M&D United, TLC, Skywalkers, STEPS, Maryland United, Capital Lacrosse, Rebels. These are the teams the college coaches tend to focus on as they have a large number of girls who will play D1 lacrosse and they can maximize their time watching games where they can watch several girls they have their eye on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the first answer you need is coaches watch players not teams. If you contact they will come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Previous posters are correct. Not a lot of drama at Elevate. This is a good thing. Nothing but respect from parents and coaches and positive reinforcement and friendship for my daughter. More than I can say for other clubs we have played for. You need to find a club that is a good fit for your family - and there are a variety of factors that play in to that. I want a good experience, good coaching and my kid to enjoy being part of a travel team - and I got that. Which is why we left the previous club and the drama on that thread behind. To all the pot stirrers - take your negativity and go away. To all the TE families - looking forward to a great season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this team suffers from the most is living up to their 2017 team. Their 2017's are very good and can play with ANY team in the country. After that, the teams drop off dramatically. This club has been riding their coat tails and using that team to market the program as if all other teams are at that level and they are NOT.

As for the 2018's - as an age group they are not a strong group, so much so that the director continues to move kids from the B team to the A team which does nothing towards building a cohesive team and has caused some kids to leave. I heard that one B kid just left for liberty. The B girls just want to figure out what to do to impress the right people and move up which doesn't contribute at all to team play. This also does nothing for the confidence of the A girls as I know these kids are always looking over their shoulder. I hope that this wont continue throughout the entire summer. My guess is this summer will turn off enough kids in this group and they will be down to one team in this age level but time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What this team suffers from the most is living up to their 2017 team. Their 2017's are very good and can play with ANY team in the country. After that, the teams drop off dramatically. This club has been riding their coat tails and using that team to market the program as if all other teams are at that level and they are NOT.

As for the 2018's - as an age group they are not a strong group, so much so that the director continues to move kids from the B team to the A team which does nothing towards building a cohesive team and has caused some kids to leave. I heard that one B kid just left for liberty. The B girls just want to figure out what to do to impress the right people and move up which doesn't contribute at all to team play. This also does nothing for the confidence of the A girls as I know these kids are always looking over their shoulder. I hope that this wont continue throughout the entire summer. My guess is this summer will turn off enough kids in this group and they will be down to one team in this age level but time will tell.

TE people - don't listen to negativity. We are better than this. I am encouraging everyone to ignore comments like this because we are better than that. Look at the complaints on other threads: coaches being escorted out of a tournament by police, kids being benched for no reason, CR ignoring second, third, and forth teams....if people like this, who come on here and try to stir the pot for no reason, are our biggest problem then I think we are doing just fine! In the end - my kid is having the time of her life with amazing teammates and coaches. Love my TE family!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2018 I assume the Blue Team is the A team and the Red is the B team? Are they close in talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another person from outside Elevate trying to knock the program. Stay where you are at - we are just fine! As for players moving up - I think that is a great thing. It shows that players who have put in the hard work and commitment can be moved up. What a great thing for the girls to strive for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are sadly mistaken. Let me set the record straight. One girl left A because she is primarily a soccer player and decided to focus on that as she enters her recruiting years. As the rosters are kept small, as advertised, that opened up a position on A and a very talented girl from B was moved up to A. No one from A is looking over their shoulder. They all deserve to be there. They are a classy, cohesive, fun group of girls who get along well on and off the field. They play as a team, are not internally competitive, as seen on some other teams, and will have a successful summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 2018 White?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think there is a white team in that age group Not enough kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought they used to have 3 teams? They have three listed for Cap Cup but White was not on the schedule with games; Blue and Red were. Blue looks like they are in a tough division and Red is also playing some good teams. Blue is not playing any LI teams but Red is playing Title 9.
Regarding the Cap Cup...does it work where the higher numbered divisions in each age group are for the better teams? It sort of looks that way. Does anyone know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think there is a white team in that age group Not enough kids.

So funny!! 2018 White practiced tonight and have a tournament this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, people outside our club coming here to stir the pot. Don't let them!! 99% of everyone I know who is a part of TE is beyond happy...that 1% is a crazy mom who thinks her daughter is a superstar when she is just a solid B player.

Good luck to the teams that are playing this weekend! My daughter starts next weekend and we could not be more excited for some awesome games, amazing company, and epic tailgates!

P.S. - the uniforms look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the teams that are playing this weekend! My daughter starts next weekend and we could not be more excited for some awesome games, amazing company, and epic tailgates!

P.S. - the uniforms look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]

So, how would you rank the Elevate events from this weekend (in order of bad to worse). I am stuck, help me out!

1) All the losses to the YJ Teams
2) Director getting 2 yellow cards
3) The new amazing ILLIGEAL uniforms the parents paid for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, how would you rank the Elevate events from this weekend (in order of bad to worse). I am stuck, help me out!

[/quote]

This is easy. Number one (losing to YJ is expected), number two has a very high probability based on past experience, number three is by far the worst as it would involve the incompetence of sooooo many people. The club designing them, the store they are working with and the manufacturer, all who should know the rules. So from bad to worse (1,2,3). Typical Elevate weekend. I guess the question is, what do you do about the uniforms now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

1) What yj teams
2) Nothing will change there he has been getting carded and thrown out of games since 3rd grade NCPAL
3) What is illegal about the uniforms?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

The probability of 1 and 2 are high. I do not believe #3. Why would their uniforms be illegal? They have been at this for a long time and I am sure the person responsible for designing them at elevate knows the rules. Maybe the uniform issue had to do with what the kids were wearing in addition to the uniform and not the uniform itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your daughter on our team? I doubt it. Go spend your energy elsewhere. My daughter plays 2018 red and is having a great time. Team sizes are fantastic, coaches are great and we are having fun while playing great lacrosse. Why don't you go stuff it and worry about yourself loser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your daughter on our team? I doubt it. Go spend your energy elsewhere. My daughter plays 2018 red and is having a great time. Team sizes are fantastic, coaches are great and we are having fun while playing great lacrosse. Why don't you go stuff it and worry about yourself loser!

Daughter on YJ. Saw elevate 2018 red play on Saturday. Looked very good for. 2nd team in an age group. Was surprised how much depth they had. Had a small bench but every kid could play. Goalie was very good. Coaches were very well behaved.

Like Reply Quote
K
Keeping It Real
Unregistered
Keeping It Real
Unregistered
K
Could not agree more!

Can't blame him though - When it didn't work out in the business world for him the Guy saw $ signs in LAX and the North Shore parents are lining up to fork it over. They have more teams than they can properly manage and offer up lots of "shiny" stuff to detract from the ugly. People love that s@*t. EVERYTHING is a profit center for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is easy. Number one (losing to YJ is expected), number two has a very high probability based on past experience, number three is by far the worst as it would involve the incompetence of sooooo many people. The club designing them, the store they are working with and the manufacturer, all who should know the rules. So from bad to worse (1,2,3). Typical Elevate weekend. I guess the question is, what do you do about the uniforms now? [/quote]

So what's the story with the uniforms?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is easy. Number one (losing to YJ is expected), number two has a very high probability based on past experience, number three is by far the worst as it would involve the incompetence of sooooo many people. The club designing them, the store they are working with and the manufacturer, all who should know the rules. So from bad to worse (1,2,3). Typical Elevate weekend. I guess the question is, what do you do about the uniforms now?

So what's the story with the uniforms? [/quote]

There is no story. One ref made an incorrect ruling and gave the opponent on the draw. YJ teams played one TE Long Island team and 2 New England teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no story. One ref made an incorrect ruling and gave the opponent on the draw. YJ teams played one TE Long Island team and 2 New England teams. [/quote]

US lacrosse has very specific rules about jerseys, colors, patterns, backgrounds, number sizes, location etc. Elevate wouldn't be the first LI club to botch this. TGs the year they won U15 nationals had to pin magic marker, paper plate numbers on their jerseys. Why do you say ref made incorrect ruling?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no story. One ref made an incorrect ruling and gave the opponent on the draw. YJ teams played one TE Long Island team and 2 New England teams.

US lacrosse has very specific rules about jerseys, colors, patterns, backgrounds, number sizes, location etc. Elevate wouldn't be the first LI club to botch this. TGs the year they won U15 nationals had to pin magic marker, paper plate numbers on their jerseys. Why do you say ref made incorrect ruling?[/quote]

Numbers on the front of the jersey have to be a certain size and there must be a number on the front. In the U15 tournament, TG numbers were to small. Ruling is made by the opposing coach not the referee. Referee will not call that themselves, it's up to the opposing coach to ask referee for a ruling. That is what happened to TG in the finals. No other team had a problem until they played YJ in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US lacrosse has very specific rules about jerseys, colors, patterns, backgrounds, number sizes, location etc. Elevate wouldn't be the first LI club to botch this. TGs the year they won U15 nationals had to pin magic marker, paper plate numbers on their jerseys. Why do you say ref made incorrect ruling? [/quote]

Let me ask a question - not jokingly or pointing fingers. If you own a company, don't you know all the rules and regs, especially as something as basic as jerseys? So wouldn't the club, vendor, manufacturer know what a jersey should look like?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

This is easy. Number one (losing to YJ is expected), number two has a very high probability based on past experience, number three is by far the worst as it would involve the incompetence of sooooo many people. The club designing them, the store they are working with and the manufacturer, all who should know the rules. So from bad to worse (1,2,3). Typical Elevate weekend. I guess the question is, what do you do about the uniforms now? [/quote]

There is no story. One ref made an incorrect ruling and gave the opponent on the draw. YJ teams played one TE Long Island team and 2 New England teams. [/quote]

US lacrosse has very specific rules about jerseys, colors, patterns, backgrounds, number sizes, location etc. Elevate wouldn't be the first LI club to botch this. TGs the year they won U15 nationals had to pin magic marker, paper plate numbers on their jerseys. Why do you say ref made incorrect ruling? [/quote]

Let me ask a question - not jokingly or pointing fingers. If you own a company, don't you know all the rules and regs, especially as something as basic as jerseys? So wouldn't the club, vendor, manufacturer know what a jersey should look like?[/quote]

My daughter was there. Ref made incorrect rule and the tournament I believe was notified. There is a rule against INSERTS on jerseys being too big, but we have sublimated uniforms and therefore our jerseys are 100% legal. As for the two yellow cards, they were at my daughters game and one was ridiculous on the refs end - Dave was simply asking a question and the ref freaked out..tournament ended up apologizing on behalf of her. Second YC was against our team because our girl accidentally went on after a 4th YC and it's an automatic card against the coach. Everyone grow up and stop trying to stir the pot. It was an awesome weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughters team had 4 yellow cards in a game ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2018 team is an amazing team with some of the best attackers and a phenomenal goalie. They are going to do great. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2018 team is an amazing team with some of the best attackers and a phenomenal goalie. They are going to do great. Thanks!

Which 2018 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't add any reason for people to come on here at a later date and make you eat those words if they lose. Let them prove themselves on the field rather than with words on paper. A comment like that, whether true or not, can ONLY come back to haunt you later on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the White team left,very watered down, and they use players from the Blue team at tournaments to fill the roster. Team Elevate is all about the money. They will be down to one team at 2018 level next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. That is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the color designations for Elevate from top to bottom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US lacrosse has very specific rules about jerseys, colors, patterns, backgrounds, number sizes, location etc. Elevate wouldn't be the first LI club to botch this. TGs the year they won U15 nationals had to pin magic marker, paper plate numbers on their jerseys. Why do you say ref made incorrect ruling?[/quote]

Numbers on the front of the jersey have to be a certain size and there must be a number on the front. In the U15 tournament, TG numbers were to small. Ruling is made by the opposing coach not the referee. Referee will not call that themselves, it's up to the opposing coach to ask referee for a ruling. That is what happened to TG in the finals. No other team had a problem until they played YJ in the finals. [/quote]

Why do you come on and post when you are clueless. First off its not up to the other team its up to the refs. Second TG did the magic marker number plates well before they stepped on the field with YJ ( yes they were worried YJ might call them out on it). YJ uniforms are illegal also but they had theirs made up before the rules change, as a matter of fact at a tournament last year YJ gave up the first draw of each half against TG because of their uniforms. Shannon told the refs she did not want the ball to do a draw but the refs refused and awarded TG the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half of the White team left,very watered down, and they use players from the Blue team at tournaments to fill the roster. Team Elevate is all about the money. They will be down to one team at 2018 level next year.

If I were on 2018 Red, I wouldn't be upset about the uniforms or the yellow cards, I would be upset that YOUR director went up to college coaches watching YOUR first game this weekend and told them to turn around and watch the white team play as there are 4 blue girls playing (including his daughter) with that team. He gave them the numbers of each of the girls and the coaches turned away from your game and watched the blue girls play with the white team and NEVER looked back at your game. That would upset me more than the yellow cards and the jerseys. I watched that red team play, I didn't turn around like the college coaches did and thought that red team had some very good players and played well as a team. Goalie was very good. I also think your coaches saw your director do that as well but doubt they would say anything to him. Sad when you pay all that money and come all that way only to be undermined by the person you are paying as he is only looking out for the best interest of HIS teams and not the entire club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His daughter is a 2017, nice try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He also has a daughter who is a 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His daughter is a 2017, nice try

He has a 2017 blue and 2018 blue and a daughter that coaches and serves as director of recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has a 2018 Blue daughter also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch!!! Is that true? Can that be verified???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope not. First year with this program and I keep hearing a lot of negativity about the director and some of the parents of the teams. Parents have not been welcoming I"ll to u that though. They were not happy about changes to their daughters team this year and have no problem discussing it in front of the new parents. Seen it first hand and it's very uncomfortable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, it's not true. I was there and I completely misunderstood the conversation that the director had with the scouts. The scouts asked the director if Team Elevate Red 2018 was the top team at that age level. He told them no - Elevate Blue is the top team at the 2018 level. He said he had some Blue players playing, and the scouts chose to watch both the Blue players and Elevate Red (they repositioned their chairs so they could see both games).

Now, apparently my conversation with one parent started this nasty, anonymous thread. I was angry at the time, but, again, I misunderstood the conversation and thought the director was telling the scouts which team to watch. He did not do that - he just answered their questions. Now, enough anonymous slander. I know who you are . . . please refrain from posting anything more about this misunderstood situation.

To be fair, the director has always encouraged my daughter and offered to help her in any way he can. He believes in her ability to play in college, should she choose to play, even though she has never been on the top team.

Posting parent - give me a call if you want. We should talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want to ask anonymous people to verify someone's kids??? What's wrong with you??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

definitely has a 2018 . I coached against him all through PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why Elevate didn't compete this past weekend? All the top Maryland teams were there providing great competition. Many Colleges in attendance as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021blue played down a division from yj skak ...got fat on weak teams ...made playoffs and got smoked by yj ...big difference from last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why Elevate didn't compete this past weekend? All the top Maryland teams were there providing great competition. Many Colleges in attendance as well.

Team Elevate attended the IWLCA New England Cup at UMASS with the recruitable age girls and the younger teams went to Lax by the Sea in New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a great tournament this past weekend! My daughter had a ton of fun and the tailgate was awesome. Can't wait for National Draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021blue played down a division from yj skak ...got fat on weak teams ...made playoffs and got smoked by yj ...big difference from last year.

Get your facts straight. YJ Skak played in a lower division - they played 3 combined 21/22 teams in their pool games. Go back to your YJ site and keep your drama over there. We are very happy with our teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not even close to true ...yj division had the bracket bye ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true yj skak division got playoff bye against yj division ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight. YJ Skak played in a lower division - they played 3 combined 21/22 teams in their pool games. Go back to your YJ site and keep your drama over there. We are very happy with our teams.

Although the tenor of the original post is not called for, the finals result was not as competitive as the last meeting between the teams. Some of the other posters (select quote when you respond so folks can follow your comments) reference a bye and weaker division for YJ. Is your contention that Elevate was tired and YJ well rested and that contributed to the play on the field? Hopefully not, just take the result and move forward. Full game between the two coming-up this weekend. Best of luck to Elevate, hope to get back to tough competition as it was fun to watch last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Elevate attended the IWLCA New England Cup at UMASS with the recruitable age girls and the younger teams went to Lax by the Sea in New Jersey.

What kind of teams did the Elevate 2017s and 2018s play up in MA this weekend? Were any decent teams there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kind of teams did the Elevate 2017s and 2018s play up in MA this weekend? Were any decent teams there?

Girls lacrosse teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly the teams were weak. I think the 2018s lost 1 game and the 16/17s won most of theirs. Best team was lady roc 2017 - competition fell off quickly from there and lady roc 2018 is not very good. As a parent traveling to these tournaments I would rather lose close games than win all of the games by a wide margin. Hopefully better competition coming up for the rest of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly the teams were weak. I think the 2018s lost 1 game and the 16/17s won most of theirs. Best team was lady roc 2017 - competition fell off quickly from there and lady roc 2018 is not very good. As a parent traveling to these tournaments I would rather lose close games than win all of the games by a wide margin. Hopefully better competition coming up for the rest of the summer.

Weird that you would say that given you tied the Ct Grizzlies, lost to Lady Roc and did not overwhelm Mass Elite, a team that likely had a down game against you given that they beat the Ct Grizzlies team you tied.

I agree that the competition dropped off from the top 4 or so clubs there. So the main issue in some ages was the pooling. If the top teams from Lady Roc, Mass Elite, Elevate and say CT Grizzlies were all pooled together in their respective age groups, I think each game would have been competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the bait. This is not an Elevate parent. It is someone form another club looking to stir up drama. The New England Cup was an IWLCA event and their were over 120 coaches there. At the recruitable ages, it is not about competition, it is about being seen and the TE girls were seen by plenty of coaches. That's what it is all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the bait. This is not an Elevate parent. It is someone form another club looking to stir up drama. The New England Cup was an IWLCA event and their were over 120 coaches there. At the recruitable ages, it is not about competition, it is about being seen and the TE girls were seen by plenty of coaches. That's what it is all about.

News Flash - girls other than YJ's play in college. Many ways to play at the next level even if you don't play club! Small D3's hold rally's at their schools recruiting the student body to join. Don't believe the hype, there is a place for everyone (well maybe not at Northwestern)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along.

Absolutely not true. He is directly involved in all the teams and he and his staff helps all the kids. Why don;t you speak to the families who have all had one-on-one recruiting meetings - no matter what the team - or the kids who went on the bus tours - no matter what the team.

Sorry but your sour grapes are just that sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left elevate? Or your daughter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along."

ALL the club teams focus on their TOP teams … not their lower teams. If the TOP teams do well, the clubs look better. If the second and lower teams also do well, its gravy and makes the clubs look that much deeper. Its no offense to the second team kid on any team, its just that its not impressive to say your second team won their B bracket. Competing at the TOP is what makes the club attractive to parents who are looking for a team for their daughter and coaches who might be looking at a team for a prospective student athlete.

You want the TOP teams competing at the TOP level… and winning. That is the sign that the team is a contender.

The fact that Elevate provides all the extras to all their players, no matter if they are on the 1st, second or 3rd team, is not typical. Take advantage of it and accept that your daughter needs to work on her skills a bit more to make that top team if that is where she wants to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious. What advantage do the top teams get that the 2nd and 3rd teams do not?

Better coaches?
More practices?
More tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES
YES
YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious. What advantage do the top teams get that the 2nd and 3rd teams do not?

Better coaches?
More practices?
More tournaments?

Coaches are split amongst the teams. Top coaches throughout. Some Red teams have current HS or former HS coaches and the blue teams do not.

Same practices

Same amount of tournaments for all teams. Pretty much the same tournaments. Some tournaments only take top two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. ALL Elevate teams practice Tuesdays and Thursdays. That is a given.
2. There are some unbelievable coaches on the red teams, which are the "B" level. My daughter's coaches on 2021 red are AMAZING. One is a former college coach and another is a current college player.
3. Everyone goes to the same amount of tournaments. A lot of my daughters friends are on Blue and they are also going to 4, just like us.

I hate when people try to stir the pot!!! If you are unhappy go talk to DK or leave and be even more miserable at a different program. No one does more for the kids than Elevate does. My friend's daughter is on 2018 Red and she has gotten a one on one recruiting meeting with VK, access to all of TE's recruiting websites and databases, phone calls with coaches, and even has a visit planned...all which Dave set up!!!! He is more than happy to help anyone who asks for it - you just have to reach out!

Can't wait for a great weekend up in NJ. Win or lose, my daughter has never been happier and learns more and more each day - about lax AND life...isn't that what it is all about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tuition at TE? You said they are attending four tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Team Elevate do this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they got handled

Like Reply Quote
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle of the pack 2020. 2019 playing today

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anything new going on? Let us know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', nutin like a god DK bashing....lets go all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what they say, no publicity is bad publicity...and better that people talk about you than ignore you.

I would say both apply here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why do people just love to hate on this guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know he gets destroyed on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure a lot of jealousy but it has to make one wonder why someone draws so much vitriol and dislike...smoke/fire thing possibly??... all those folks cant be blowhards with a gripe...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', nutin like a god DK bashing....lets go all!

I like Dave but would not call him a God, just another lax guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids play with another club but whenever I ask a player about playing for DK , the answer is positive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meant to say "GOOD DK bashing"...not god...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be a different dk nothing positive about elevate coach k

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be a different dk nothing positive about elevate coach k

I completely agree. And jealous of Dave? That's so ridiculous it's funny. Jealous of what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure a lot of jealousy but it has to make one wonder why someone draws so much vitriol and dislike...smoke/fire thing possibly??... all those folks cant be blowhards with a gripe...

Just curious when you say may be a lot of jealousy what is there to be jealous off?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing !!! I would not want to be anything like coach Kherson has taught my daughter what NOT to be nothing positive from being on team elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
easy there tiger..I am not in the DK camp at all...but there are folks who are jealous that he runs a $500k a year profit biz by standing on sidelines in shorts and wearing TE swag...that would make folks jealous ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the uniforms are illegal, if the officials decide to make issue of it in a game the opposing team gets a free possession one time at the beginning of the game. From what I saw at tournaments many teams' uniforms are illegal (including YJ), most because of the size of the side inserts.

From US Lacrosse 2016 rulebook: "Uniform trim is permitted on the collar, cuffs and waistband that may be of contrasting
colors, but not more than 1 inch wide. Side inserts (armpit to waistband) may be of
contrasting, multiple colors, but not more than 3 inches wide."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing !!! I would not want to be anything like coach Kherson has taught my daughter what NOT to be nothing positive from being on team elevate

Who is coach Kherson?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]easy there tiger..I am not in the DK camp at all...but there are folks who are jealous that he runs a $500k a year profit biz by standing on sidelines in shorts and wearing TE swag...that would make folks jealous ...

I think you might be overstating the profit margin by quite a bit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever the # is, its still a great gig...you disagree?....and he does still need to pay off his Wall Street fines, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spell check I meant coach k he is truly a scoundrel and thief that has taught my daughter that there are liars in the world and trusting people are hard to find

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the uniforms are illegal, if the officials decide to make issue of it in a game the opposing team gets a free possession one time at the beginning of the game. From what I saw at tournaments many teams' uniforms are illegal (including YJ), most because of the size of the side inserts.

From US Lacrosse 2016 rulebook: "Uniform trim is permitted on the collar, cuffs and waistband that may be of contrasting
colors, but not more than 1 inch wide. Side inserts (armpit to waistband) may be of
contrasting, multiple colors, but not more than 3 inches wide."

Look out, it's the Uniform Police...no one pays attention to US Lax on age based v grade based and that matters, so who cares about the uniform police.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spell check I meant coach k he is truly a scoundrel and thief that has taught my daughter that there are liars in the world and trusting people are hard to find

We had the same experience with him. Dave has no integrity and I really don't know how he sleeps at night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave sleeps very comfortably, thank you...knowing that your check cleared and all the others are safely in his bank account gives him peace of mind...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know if all these DK and Elevate bashers are a few of the same people posting, that have a personal vendetta, or is it that many unhappy people with the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%! I understand the need for anonymous posters but it would be nice to know how many different people are participating in this thread. How many different people have posted either negative or positive comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know if all these DK and Elevate bashers are a few of the same people posting, that have a personal vendetta, or is it that many unhappy people with the program.

I guess only the people who play for the club can answer that. I think one also needs to look at how many girls leave at the end of each season because if turnover is high especially on the top teams that's not a good sign. If 4,5 or 6 of your A team girls walk then that's a problem but on the flip side there's no shortage of kids who want to play and parents that can easily write the check so they are able to field teams. If they are churning through players eventually that will catch up if it hasn't already and you will have mediocre at best teams.

It also doesn't appear that the club is in trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have had great experiences with Team Elevate and DK. If people have issues with DK they should address them with him, as we did when we had an issue. One thing people can't take away from him is that the girls have an top learning experience with DK. He really is great at training the girls. My two girls will be playing with TE again this spring/summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have had great experiences with Team Elevate and DK. If people have issues with DK they should address them with him, as we did when we had an issue. One thing people can't take away from him is that the girls have an top learning experience with DK. He really is great at training the girls. My two girls will be playing with TE again this spring/summer.

Dave know lacrosse is very true. However, it's not worth it. our experience with Elevate was awful and I wish my daughter never played there. There were red flags early on, but I was too naive to take them as seriously as I should have. Dave does not like to be questioned aboutt anything and resents you if you raise any issues involving him or his clique of family and friends. He's already shown poor character and lack of integrity in the past and has again which will catch up with him again. There are plenty of other clubs to play for, choose one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Elevate update their website they still have 2015 tournaments listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the checks clear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as soon as DK can figure out a way to have all of Elevates tournaments on Holy Trinity's fields....cha-ching, cha-ching...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's going to be tough on the triangle piece of property with just 1 field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be require removing just about every coach from the website since they all left except the parent coaches. Wait until this summer. The only non parent coaches will be some 2016 kids who just graduated. While they have played lax, they have never coached before. I think at that point, the parent coaches will look like stars!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be any worse than the gym they are using to run clinics these days. Imagine parents paying 50 bucks to have their kids practice lax on a hardwood floor? Don't forget elevate only takes cash!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be any worse than the gym they are using to run clinics these days. Imagine parents paying 50 bucks to have their kids practice lax on a hardwood floor? Don't forget elevate only takes cash!

Sunday clinic was not on a hardwood floor so not sure where you are getting your misinformation?

Clinic was well run only gripe was significant gap in age and ability. The kids all had fun and isn't that what this is about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was about coach j making money that's what he taught my daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you mean coach kotowski

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He provides a service and you pay for it because you perceive value. Isn't that what all these travel programs do???? Some have great margin than others because the market supports. Not a big fan of said individual, but enough already...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be require removing just about every coach from the website since they all left except the parent coaches. Wait until this summer. The only non parent coaches will be some 2016 kids who just graduated. While they have played lax, they have never coached before. I think at that point, the parent coaches will look like stars!

I know my daughters coaches left and we have NO clue who will be coaching her Elevate team this year. In fact, we don't even really know what girls are on her team. Not sure what has changed at Elevate but things are so disorganized!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sunday clinic was not on a hardwood floor so not sure where you are getting your misinformation?

Clinic was well run only gripe was significant gap in age and ability. The kids all had fun and isn't that what this is about?

Most certainly was on a basketball court. Look at the pictures on twitter that Elevate posts. The kids are playing lax on a Bball court. How far have they fallen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most certainly was on a basketball court. Look at the pictures on twitter that Elevate posts. The kids are playing lax on a Bball court. How far have they fallen?

I got to wonder what's wrong with you? You dont play for the club yet your stalking their Twitter account? Is your life really that empty that this is the best you can do with your time? Who cares that they are playing on a wood floor? The kids have a stick in their hand and are running around for an hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought I would share some facts...in the past week my daughter will has had the opportunity to participate in the following TE events:

90 min practice
3 day clinic (yes on hardwood floors) for younger players
90 min practice
90 min practice

Older kids can also participate in an additional advanced training session.

That seems like a lot of activity for one week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a lot of activity...What was the cost? Not trying to stir it up, just curious for the future. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave sleeps very comfortably, thank you...knowing that your check cleared and all the others are safely in his bank account gives him peace of mind...

Very true. We left last year after my daughter stopped believing all the heart felt speeches, motivational clichés, (how many times can you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard)? I mean really...... When my 13 year old catches onto the BS, its time to go. Its cute for the little ones for a little while but that's about it. Go to YJ, TG, Icon, fl$, etc. the list goes on. Don't buy into the marketing, facebook, emails, quotes, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will always give DK his props on marketing, and salesmanship...nobody does it better...the end of year party at catering halls are nice touch too..but after awhile, the gloss wears off and one realizes the emperor has no clothes..not unlike a bunch of other programs I am sure, but people do get to see eventually what he is made of...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought I would share some facts...in the past week my daughter will has had the opportunity to participate in the following TE events:

90 min practice
90 min practice
90 min practice

OK - so from November until last week Elevate did nothing in the off season and last week they ran a lot of stuff. Figure it out! They were shut out off all indoor space (even the gym floor) until everyone's indoor time expired at the HUB and other venues and now they are trying to make up all that lost money they used to make in past years. Now that its time to go outside they are trying to squeeze what they can out of you. Save your "cash at the door" and go outside and have a catch with your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90 min practice
90 min practice
90 min practice

OK - so from November until last week Elevate did nothing in the off season and last week they ran a lot of stuff. Figure it out! They were shut out off all indoor space (even the gym floor) until everyone's indoor time expired at the HUB and other venues and now they are trying to make up all that lost money they used to make in past years. Now that its time to go outside they are trying to squeeze what they can out of you. Save your "cash at the door" and go outside and have a catch with your daughter.

Your above statement about not having any training since November is not accurate. My daughter had the opportunity to participate in a bunch of training sessions over the last several months. For example, an on going training session was scheduled almost every week since the beginning of January. Additionally, their were a couple of training sessions in December along with a 3 day clinic over the Dec break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. We left last year after my daughter stopped believing all the heart felt speeches, motivational clichés, (how many times can you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard)? I mean really...... When my 13 year old catches onto the BS, its time to go. Its cute for the little ones for a little while but that's about it. Go to YJ, TG, Icon, fl$, etc. the list goes on. Don't buy into the marketing, facebook, emails, quotes, etc.

Everything about elevate lacks integrity from the directors on down. The entire place is a show. From the tent to the parties to the speeches and the list goes on. DK and the family make money throughout every aspect of the show. Just be aware of what you are signing up for and what you are buying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He provides a service and you pay for it because you perceive value. Isn't that what all these travel programs do???? Some have great margin than others because the market supports. Not a big fan of said individual, but enough already...

Elevate has great margins as they keep their expenses low by stiffing and not paying their coaches. My business would be far more profitable if I didn't pay my employees. Great business model! My daughter's friend coached there and never got paid and fought to get her travel expenses reimbursed. Elevate on 3. One, two, three....... MONEY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will say it once again, and hopefully folks will take heed...DK has bills to pay from his previous career as wall Street huckster...got fined massively and sanctioned as well...so all those $$ grabs that he puts out there are attempts to pay off the bills that are due...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No affiliation but was looking at their website and to me it does send a poor message when you tweet "Payable by cash at the clinic".
It really does make you wonder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash is King baby...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all have bills to pay...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or in DK's case, fines to walk away from....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we do, but most professional run organizations don't stipulate cash at the door!

Sorry but that's just bush league and if that's how this club does business I would stay far away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes stay far away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we do, but most professional run organizations don't stipulate cash at the door!

Sorry but that's just bush league and if that's how this club does business I would stay far away.

TG does the same thing at all there camps. clinics & tryouts - you just pay more as a walk up

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard