BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]easy there tiger..I am not in the DK camp at all...but there are folks who are jealous that he runs a $500k a year profit biz by standing on sidelines in shorts and wearing TE swag...that would make folks jealous ...

I think you might be overstating the profit margin by quite a bit

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever the # is, its still a great gig...you disagree?....and he does still need to pay off his Wall Street fines, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spell check I meant coach k he is truly a scoundrel and thief that has taught my daughter that there are liars in the world and trusting people are hard to find

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually the uniforms are illegal, if the officials decide to make issue of it in a game the opposing team gets a free possession one time at the beginning of the game. From what I saw at tournaments many teams' uniforms are illegal (including YJ), most because of the size of the side inserts.

From US Lacrosse 2016 rulebook: "Uniform trim is permitted on the collar, cuffs and waistband that may be of contrasting
colors, but not more than 1 inch wide. Side inserts (armpit to waistband) may be of
contrasting, multiple colors, but not more than 3 inches wide."

Look out, it's the Uniform Police...no one pays attention to US Lax on age based v grade based and that matters, so who cares about the uniform police.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spell check I meant coach k he is truly a scoundrel and thief that has taught my daughter that there are liars in the world and trusting people are hard to find

We had the same experience with him. Dave has no integrity and I really don't know how he sleeps at night.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave sleeps very comfortably, thank you...knowing that your check cleared and all the others are safely in his bank account gives him peace of mind...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know if all these DK and Elevate bashers are a few of the same people posting, that have a personal vendetta, or is it that many unhappy people with the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%! I understand the need for anonymous posters but it would be nice to know how many different people are participating in this thread. How many different people have posted either negative or positive comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know if all these DK and Elevate bashers are a few of the same people posting, that have a personal vendetta, or is it that many unhappy people with the program.

I guess only the people who play for the club can answer that. I think one also needs to look at how many girls leave at the end of each season because if turnover is high especially on the top teams that's not a good sign. If 4,5 or 6 of your A team girls walk then that's a problem but on the flip side there's no shortage of kids who want to play and parents that can easily write the check so they are able to field teams. If they are churning through players eventually that will catch up if it hasn't already and you will have mediocre at best teams.

It also doesn't appear that the club is in trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have had great experiences with Team Elevate and DK. If people have issues with DK they should address them with him, as we did when we had an issue. One thing people can't take away from him is that the girls have an top learning experience with DK. He really is great at training the girls. My two girls will be playing with TE again this spring/summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have had great experiences with Team Elevate and DK. If people have issues with DK they should address them with him, as we did when we had an issue. One thing people can't take away from him is that the girls have an top learning experience with DK. He really is great at training the girls. My two girls will be playing with TE again this spring/summer.

Dave know lacrosse is very true. However, it's not worth it. our experience with Elevate was awful and I wish my daughter never played there. There were red flags early on, but I was too naive to take them as seriously as I should have. Dave does not like to be questioned aboutt anything and resents you if you raise any issues involving him or his clique of family and friends. He's already shown poor character and lack of integrity in the past and has again which will catch up with him again. There are plenty of other clubs to play for, choose one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Elevate update their website they still have 2015 tournaments listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the checks clear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as soon as DK can figure out a way to have all of Elevates tournaments on Holy Trinity's fields....cha-ching, cha-ching...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's going to be tough on the triangle piece of property with just 1 field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be require removing just about every coach from the website since they all left except the parent coaches. Wait until this summer. The only non parent coaches will be some 2016 kids who just graduated. While they have played lax, they have never coached before. I think at that point, the parent coaches will look like stars!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be any worse than the gym they are using to run clinics these days. Imagine parents paying 50 bucks to have their kids practice lax on a hardwood floor? Don't forget elevate only takes cash!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't be any worse than the gym they are using to run clinics these days. Imagine parents paying 50 bucks to have their kids practice lax on a hardwood floor? Don't forget elevate only takes cash!

Sunday clinic was not on a hardwood floor so not sure where you are getting your misinformation?

Clinic was well run only gripe was significant gap in age and ability. The kids all had fun and isn't that what this is about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was about coach j making money that's what he taught my daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you mean coach kotowski

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He provides a service and you pay for it because you perceive value. Isn't that what all these travel programs do???? Some have great margin than others because the market supports. Not a big fan of said individual, but enough already...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be require removing just about every coach from the website since they all left except the parent coaches. Wait until this summer. The only non parent coaches will be some 2016 kids who just graduated. While they have played lax, they have never coached before. I think at that point, the parent coaches will look like stars!

I know my daughters coaches left and we have NO clue who will be coaching her Elevate team this year. In fact, we don't even really know what girls are on her team. Not sure what has changed at Elevate but things are so disorganized!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sunday clinic was not on a hardwood floor so not sure where you are getting your misinformation?

Clinic was well run only gripe was significant gap in age and ability. The kids all had fun and isn't that what this is about?

Most certainly was on a basketball court. Look at the pictures on twitter that Elevate posts. The kids are playing lax on a Bball court. How far have they fallen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most certainly was on a basketball court. Look at the pictures on twitter that Elevate posts. The kids are playing lax on a Bball court. How far have they fallen?

I got to wonder what's wrong with you? You dont play for the club yet your stalking their Twitter account? Is your life really that empty that this is the best you can do with your time? Who cares that they are playing on a wood floor? The kids have a stick in their hand and are running around for an hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought I would share some facts...in the past week my daughter will has had the opportunity to participate in the following TE events:

90 min practice
3 day clinic (yes on hardwood floors) for younger players
90 min practice
90 min practice

Older kids can also participate in an additional advanced training session.

That seems like a lot of activity for one week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a lot of activity...What was the cost? Not trying to stir it up, just curious for the future. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave sleeps very comfortably, thank you...knowing that your check cleared and all the others are safely in his bank account gives him peace of mind...

Very true. We left last year after my daughter stopped believing all the heart felt speeches, motivational clichés, (how many times can you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard)? I mean really...... When my 13 year old catches onto the BS, its time to go. Its cute for the little ones for a little while but that's about it. Go to YJ, TG, Icon, fl$, etc. the list goes on. Don't buy into the marketing, facebook, emails, quotes, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will always give DK his props on marketing, and salesmanship...nobody does it better...the end of year party at catering halls are nice touch too..but after awhile, the gloss wears off and one realizes the emperor has no clothes..not unlike a bunch of other programs I am sure, but people do get to see eventually what he is made of...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought I would share some facts...in the past week my daughter will has had the opportunity to participate in the following TE events:

90 min practice
90 min practice
90 min practice

OK - so from November until last week Elevate did nothing in the off season and last week they ran a lot of stuff. Figure it out! They were shut out off all indoor space (even the gym floor) until everyone's indoor time expired at the HUB and other venues and now they are trying to make up all that lost money they used to make in past years. Now that its time to go outside they are trying to squeeze what they can out of you. Save your "cash at the door" and go outside and have a catch with your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90 min practice
90 min practice
90 min practice

OK - so from November until last week Elevate did nothing in the off season and last week they ran a lot of stuff. Figure it out! They were shut out off all indoor space (even the gym floor) until everyone's indoor time expired at the HUB and other venues and now they are trying to make up all that lost money they used to make in past years. Now that its time to go outside they are trying to squeeze what they can out of you. Save your "cash at the door" and go outside and have a catch with your daughter.

Your above statement about not having any training since November is not accurate. My daughter had the opportunity to participate in a bunch of training sessions over the last several months. For example, an on going training session was scheduled almost every week since the beginning of January. Additionally, their were a couple of training sessions in December along with a 3 day clinic over the Dec break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. We left last year after my daughter stopped believing all the heart felt speeches, motivational clichés, (how many times can you say hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard)? I mean really...... When my 13 year old catches onto the BS, its time to go. Its cute for the little ones for a little while but that's about it. Go to YJ, TG, Icon, fl$, etc. the list goes on. Don't buy into the marketing, facebook, emails, quotes, etc.

Everything about elevate lacks integrity from the directors on down. The entire place is a show. From the tent to the parties to the speeches and the list goes on. DK and the family make money throughout every aspect of the show. Just be aware of what you are signing up for and what you are buying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He provides a service and you pay for it because you perceive value. Isn't that what all these travel programs do???? Some have great margin than others because the market supports. Not a big fan of said individual, but enough already...

Elevate has great margins as they keep their expenses low by stiffing and not paying their coaches. My business would be far more profitable if I didn't pay my employees. Great business model! My daughter's friend coached there and never got paid and fought to get her travel expenses reimbursed. Elevate on 3. One, two, three....... MONEY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will say it once again, and hopefully folks will take heed...DK has bills to pay from his previous career as wall Street huckster...got fined massively and sanctioned as well...so all those $$ grabs that he puts out there are attempts to pay off the bills that are due...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No affiliation but was looking at their website and to me it does send a poor message when you tweet "Payable by cash at the clinic".
It really does make you wonder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash is King baby...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all have bills to pay...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or in DK's case, fines to walk away from....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we do, but most professional run organizations don't stipulate cash at the door!

Sorry but that's just bush league and if that's how this club does business I would stay far away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes stay far away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we do, but most professional run organizations don't stipulate cash at the door!

Sorry but that's just bush league and if that's how this club does business I would stay far away.

TG does the same thing at all there camps. clinics & tryouts - you just pay more as a walk up

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard