BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 171 of 220 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In fairness, TG 2016 absolutely smoked YJ in last years fall "showcase". I think it surprised everyone since many of YJ's top players were there. If YJ is that good and that deep they should never get smoked like that. As for a few other showcase events they have played in I recall YJ subbing absolutely nobody and TG playing kids fairly evenly (rightly so since it was a showcase event) and only losing by 1-2 goals. To say that these 2016 teams are not very close in ability is very unfair. TG is not strong at many age groups but 2016 is a very good team.

The facts are what they are ,your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ. Every homer parent thinks that their team is subbing fairly and the other team is not when they lose, its human nature,I have fallen victim to it myself. It did not surprise YJ in the first spring tournament last year as they knew who they were missing and was not the only game they lost that weekend to a team that they had beaten every time in the past.It was a combo team with some kids from the 3rd level team. TG 2016 is a descent team but not in the top 5 ,again is what it is. It certainly would be a lot easier if both clubs owners were not so thick headed and they just played in leagues against each other.

Both teams (YJ 2016 and TG 2016) were at National Draw last year. Both played in the same bracket, Both teams beat Skywalkers Blue. Both teams were 4-0 in pool play.. YJ moved on due to tie breakers. That was the tournamnet where they should have played, that could have ended all this back and forth.. but someone set the brackets up so that only one of those teams would move on without having to play each other...oh and the YJ team knew exactly when TG gave up the goal and lost the tie breaker, YJ played keep away for the rest of their game never giving their opponent a chance to score..winning I think 4-0.. Some ones little brother ran from the TG field to Defo with the score as soon as it happend.. Congrats on winning your stick

This is where you make yourself look like the typical uninformed sore looser.First the goals against rule is stupid but Defo won the game you are talking about 12-1, the goals against differential between YJ and TG was 4 so the stall was just as much about not running it up. Second , you say could have ended all this back and forth , okay they played the year before and YJ won so I guess that ends it then. How many times in championship format tournaments does YJ need to beat TG for you to say no more back and forth. Ask MD who they would rather play and I bet they say YJ because those two teams have nothing but respect for each other and enjoy the competitive games. Sorry but it gets annoying when a team that has never won a competitive tournament tries to put itself in the elite class of teams just because they say so. As far as YJ obsession with winning , that is one of the reasons the best most competitive players join the club and they do just fine on the recruiting side.

In case you haven't heard the Maryland parents can't stand the yj, primarily because of the parents and coaches
I love these broad generalizations - do the NJ parents hate the LI parents? Do you see how ridiculous this sounds speaking for all parents from a given state to make your point?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness, TG 2016 absolutely smoked YJ in last years fall "showcase". I think it surprised everyone since many of YJ's top players were there. If YJ is that good and that deep they should never get smoked like that. As for a few other showcase events they have played in I recall YJ subbing absolutely nobody and TG playing kids fairly evenly (rightly so since it was a showcase event) and only losing by 1-2 goals. To say that these 2016 teams are not very close in ability is very unfair. TG is not strong at many age groups but 2016 is a very good team.

The facts are what they are ,your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ. Every homer parent thinks that their team is subbing fairly and the other team is not when they lose, its human nature,I have fallen victim to it myself. It did not surprise YJ in the first spring tournament last year as they knew who they were missing and was not the only game they lost that weekend to a team that they had beaten every time in the past.It was a combo team with some kids from the 3rd level team. TG 2016 is a descent team but not in the top 5 ,again is what it is. It certainly would be a lot easier if both clubs owners were not so thick headed and they just played in leagues against each other.

Both teams (YJ 2016 and TG 2016) were at National Draw last year. Both played in the same bracket, Both teams beat Skywalkers Blue. Both teams were 4-0 in pool play.. YJ moved on due to tie breakers. That was the tournamnet where they should have played, that could have ended all this back and forth.. but someone set the brackets up so that only one of those teams would move on without having to play each other...oh and the YJ team knew exactly when TG gave up the goal and lost the tie breaker, YJ played keep away for the rest of their game never giving their opponent a chance to score..winning I think 4-0.. Some ones little brother ran from the TG field to Defo with the score as soon as it happend.. Congrats on winning your stick

This is where you make yourself look like the typical uninformed sore looser.First the goals against rule is stupid but Defo won the game you are talking about 12-1, the goals against differential between YJ and TG was 4 so the stall was just as much about not running it up. Second , you say could have ended all this back and forth , okay they played the year before and YJ won so I guess that ends it then. How many times in championship format tournaments does YJ need to beat TG for you to say no more back and forth. Ask MD who they would rather play and I bet they say YJ because those two teams have nothing but respect for each other and enjoy the competitive games. Sorry but it gets annoying when a team that has never won a competitive tournament tries to put itself in the elite class of teams just because they say so. As far as YJ obsession with winning , that is one of the reasons the best most competitive players join the club and they do just fine on the recruiting side.

To take your points one at a time:
1: sore loser, maybe but I would rather lose every time playing against the YJ then to never get the chance because brackets and tournaments are manipulated.
2: I don’t remember the score of the last YJ game, I don’t think it was 12-1 but I will defer to your memory.
3: The goal differential was 4, again you may be right I don’t remember. But once TG lost the tie breaker the final score didn’t matter.
4: Yes YJ won in a semi- final at national draw 4-2 the year before, but I don’t like using 2-3 year old results as being definitive, each year’s results stand on their own, teams change.
5: we’ve played M&D a number of times, always a close, well-played game.
6: Is the TG 2016 team elite? I won’t say, but on any given day they could beat any of the top clubs. Probably not every time , but if it really mattered, not one of those teams would take us lightly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In case you haven't heard the Maryland parents can't stand the yj, primarily because of the parents and coaches

Just to clarify, the rest of the country can't stand Yellow Jackets and their parents. Even Yellow Jacket parents can't stand each other and the other teams in their own age/club. They have a strange dynamic over there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

That's nonsense. I'll bet most MD parents have no issue with YJ and would much rather see their kids playing YJ than any other team from LI. Grudges are held for local clubs, don't play YJ enough to develop bad blood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

That's nonsense. I'll bet most MD parents have no issue with YJ and would much rather see their kids playing YJ than any other team from LI. Grudges are held for local clubs, don't play YJ enough to develop bad blood.

That logic does not hold up. YJs play the MD teams much more often than they play TG.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1: sore loser, maybe but I would rather lose every time playing against the YJ then to never get the chance because brackets and tournaments are manipulated.
2: I don’t remember the score of the last YJ game, I don’t think it was 12-1 but I will defer to your memory.
3: The goal differential was 4, again you may be right I don’t remember. But once TG lost the tie breaker the final score didn’t matter.
4: Yes YJ won in a semi- final at national draw 4-2 the year before, but I don’t like using 2-3 year old results as being definitive, each year’s results stand on their own, teams change.
6: Is the TG 2016 team elite? I won’t say, but on any given day they could beat any of the top clubs. Probably not every time , but if it really mattered, not one of those teams would take us lightly

You haven't won a major championship ever, any year, so no need to go back to 2-3 yrs ago. That said your team is no threat to any top team, you have to eat out of pool play to be a threat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You haven't won a major championship ever, any year, so no need to go back to 2-3 yrs ago. That said your team is no threat to any top team, you have to eat out of pool play to be a threat.

If TG is no threat to you why are you on here all the time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

That logic does not hold up. YJs play the MD teams much more often than they play TG.

Sure it does. The typical MD club family experience with YJ is probably less than 10 games over 6-7 years with half being 30 minute games. That's it, done and over when the horn sounds. They don't play in LI rec leagues, don't play at LI High Schools, don't compete for spots on LI club teams, don't go to LI cocktail parties and don't engage in all this LI trash-talk. Guarantee you MD club parents/kids have far more intense feelings towards other MD clubs than any club from NY, NJ, VA, PA......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Sure it does. The typical MD club family experience with YJ is probably less than 10 games over 6-7 years with half being 30 minute games. That's it, done and over when the horn sounds. They don't play in LI rec leagues, don't play at LI High Schools, don't compete for spots on LI club teams, don't go to LI cocktail parties and don't engage in all this LI trash-talk. Guarantee you MD club parents/kids have far more intense feelings towards other MD clubs than any club from NY, NJ, VA, PA......

Tell yourself whatever you need to and please if I ever run into at a cocktail please don't talk about club lax, how boring is your life?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parent here. In my 10 years of club lax parenting, I have never heard one MD team parent say they liked to play YJ. Not because of the competition...clearly the YJ TEAM is top-notch competition. It's the incessant yelling and bitching and moaning from the parents and coaches (and the ones who think they're both a parent/coach AND ref). It's almost impossible to watch and enjoy the game. And, I will add, I can't think of ANYONE from any club team that enjoys sitting next to YJ parents. Every time I've heard someone say they saw YJ on the schedule, every time their reaction was something like "Oh geez...THE PARENTS!" They seem to have this sense of entitlement, that every call should go their way, no one should defend their little girl or that no one is good enough to play against them. But, they also think that their little LI angel can just beat the [lacrosse] out of an attacker, run over another player for a GB, etc. It's horrible. I'm glad we don't play against them that much. We have great teams here in MD, and luckily we play against good "A" bracket competition in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are writing about this on a tg thread. Why??? Tg does is not even in the same caliber of playing. This is a joke. M&d go to Yj thread grow a set and set them straight. Leave these poor souls alone. Let tg parents Dream of how great they are. It makes them feel good to lie to themselves that they are even comparable at any level. There are several other long island teams that blow tg away. You don't know ego they are? Maybe because your not at top tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD parent here. In my 10 years of club lax parenting, I have never heard one MD team parent say they liked to play YJ. Not because of the competition...clearly the YJ TEAM is top-notch competition. It's the incessant yelling and bitching and moaning from the parents and coaches (and the ones who think they're both a parent/coach AND ref). It's almost impossible to watch and enjoy the game. And, I will add, I can't think of ANYONE from any club team that enjoys sitting next to YJ parents. Every time I've heard someone say they saw YJ on the schedule, every time their reaction was something like "Oh geez...THE PARENTS!" They seem to have this sense of entitlement, that every call should go their way, no one should defend their little girl or that no one is good enough to play against them. But, they also think that their little LI angel can just beat the [lacrosse] out of an attacker, run over another player for a GB, etc. It's horrible. I'm glad we don't play against them that much. We have great teams here in MD, and luckily we play against good "A" bracket competition in the summer.

Please do not answer this troll; especially since they are attacking a LI team on the wrong post! The one thing us LI laxers can agree on (other than than CR is a man baby!) is that MD clubs, are the ones with the holier than thou attitude!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks MD parents Scooter and Buffy for giving your opinion. But honestly nobody cares what u think. So put the zinc oxide on your nose, take your little sailing hat and outfit and go eat those terrible crab cakes you guys advertise and sit under that stupid state flag umbrella. Oh yea.........remember to reclassify Biff and Bunny this year so they can hang with the Long Island Kids. Have a great day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a real treasure. "I'm glad we don't play against them that much." Glad to hear it's all about you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a real treasure. "I'm glad we don't play against them that much." Glad to hear it's all about you.

Why don't we move this to the yj thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats funny the Long Island parents see the Maryland parents the same way!
Skywalkers, M&D great teams and some very good games with the YJ's!
Just remember every team has a few parents that are very tough to stand by and watch a game. I like to find a corner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Actually, speaking as a MD parent, I come on here because I find it hilarious how vindictive and hateful YJ and TG are to each other. My daughter plays for M&D and honestly has no feeling like this toward Skywalkers, TLC, etc. Of course they don't like losing to them, but she has friends from school on all those teams. Do you want to lose to them? Of course not. But the vitriol that is spit out on here? I've honestly never heard that from MD parents about other MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Actually, speaking as a MD parent, I come on here because I find it hilarious how vindictive and hateful YJ and TG are to each other. My daughter plays for M&D and honestly has no feeling like this toward Skywalkers, TLC, etc. Of course they don't like losing to them, but she has friends from school on all those teams. Do you want to lose to them? Of course not. But the vitriol that is spit out on here? I've honestly never heard that from MD parents about other MD teams.

Girls up here also have friends that play on other clubs.The problem is parents who are trying to live their Athletic FAILURES through their Children. If someone child is a player they also are reading these post and laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To M&D parent...Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI parent here - not on TG and YJ - it really is pathetic how the two of you fight the way you do. We all know the history behind CR and SS. Get over it already.

However, I do say that after playing both programs, the YJ's do take the cake as the most interesting group. I'm amazed at how many of your "followers" continue to drink the kool aid. It's amusing to see 4,5, and even 6 teams at certain age groups. What value are you getting for the money you are spending?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't help but envision Teresa Guidice when I read the TG and YJ threads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI parent...well said. I love your phrase "the most interesting group".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]To M&D parent...Well said.

LI parent here - not on TG and YJ - it really is pathetic how the two of you fight the way you do. We all know the history behind CR and SS. Get over it already.

However, I do say that after playing both programs, the YJ's do take the cake as the most interesting group. I'm amazed at how many of your "followers" continue to drink the kool aid. It's amusing to see 4,5, and even 6 teams at certain age groups. What value are you getting for the money you are spending? [/quote

What you do not understand is some kids just like to play the game and don't care that much about what team they are on. What exactly would your club offer these 4-5th team players that YJ does not , these kids still get the same chance at winter training , and off season tournaments that most clubs do not offer.They get that they will not get the recruiting opportunities that the kids on the top team get but neither will your kid. You come on this site and bash the attitude of the parents that have kids on the top team that show that same attitude yourself when talking about the kids on the lower team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

However, I do say that after playing both programs, the YJ's do take the cake as the most interesting group. I'm amazed at how many of your "followers" continue to drink the kool aid. It's amusing to see 4,5, and even 6 teams at certain age groups. What value are you getting for the money you are spending?

what is the history between cr and ss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much of the vitrol comes from parents here on Long Island because it is sickening to see some of these YJ parents walk their child in on a pedestal to a PAL or HS event and act like they are the cat's meow all because they think their kid is better than everyone else because their kid is an "Elite" Yellow Jacket (and yes some girls are very good, but no more than 1 in 12 yellow jackets can say they are good, especially when there are 6-10 good girls on a blue team and then 4-6 other teams in that age group of average to poor players). But everyone regardless of who they are, think they are elite because they pay their fee and get a jacket that says elite on it.

Then you have the coaches of PAL who kids have been playing YJ since 3rd grade and are on a blue team as a legacy or political favor (in 5th or 6th grade because once they get to HS they usually get dropped from those teams to make way for Northport girls or other HS girls connected to the directors) (we will keep your kid up here if you keep sending more kids for our 3rd 4th 5th and 6th teams. These guys think their sh*t don't stink and walk around like they are the foremost expert on Lacrosse and you should be priveldged to talk to them or have your daughter on the same field as them (of course everything is built around showcasing their daughter on the field too). These guys you want to just punch in the face.

The problem with YJ parents is that they think that they are Long Island Lacrosse and there is no room for anyone else. They have bought into that even is your daughter is on the 2nd or 3rd team (or4th or5th) they are elite and better than any other clubs 1st team girls.

That is why you are hated and why other parents can't stand you. Dispute it all you want (and there are some rational parents in YJ, but you are over-shadowed by the other (which unfortunately rational YJ parents are out numbered in YJ land).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much of the vitrol comes from parents here on Long Island because it is sickening to see some of these YJ parents walk their child in on a pedestal to a PAL or HS event and act like they are the cat's meow all because they think their kid is better than everyone else because their kid is an "Elite" Yellow Jacket (and yes some girls are very good, but no more than 1 in 12 yellow jackets can say they are good, especially when there are 6-10 good girls on a blue team and then 4-6 other teams in that age group of average to poor players). But everyone regardless of who they are, think they are elite because they pay their fee and get a jacket that says elite on it.

Then you have the coaches of PAL who kids have been playing YJ since 3rd grade and are on a blue team as a legacy or political favor (in 5th or 6th grade because once they get to HS they usually get dropped from those teams to make way for Northport girls or other HS girls connected to the directors) (we will keep your kid up here if you keep sending more kids for our 3rd 4th 5th and 6th teams. These guys think their sh*t don't stink and walk around like they are the foremost expert on Lacrosse and you should be priveldged to talk to them or have your daughter on the same field as them (of course everything is built around showcasing their daughter on the field too). These guys you want to just punch in the face.

The problem with YJ parents is that they think that they are Long Island Lacrosse and there is no room for anyone else. They have bought into that even is your daughter is on the 2nd or 3rd team (or4th or5th) they are elite and better than any other clubs 1st team girls.

That is why you are hated and why other parents can't stand you. Dispute it all you want (and there are some rational parents in YJ, but you are over-shadowed by the other (which unfortunately rational YJ parents are out numbered in YJ land).

WOW, that's a whole lot of pent up anger, hope you got it out of your system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that makes sense. It does baffle me that there are enough girls to field 4 and 5 teams per age. M&D only had 30 girls show up for their 2021 tryouts and they won everything they played in last year. I can't think of a program in MD that has more than two teams per age. Granted, there are a lot more options down here(M&D, Hero's, Skywalkers, TLC, etc), but I agree, paying the same freight to be on the 4th YJ team seems silly. I would hope that the parents of the 4th team girls aren't arrogant, but if so, I understand your point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays on TG Black and I do not allow her to wear her TG gear to PAL practices or games. She has a Town bag for PAL. I do laugh inside when kids from TG or YJ show up all geared out but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U15 shame is on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U15 shame is on!

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U15 shame is on!

What exactly does that mean??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that makes sense. It does baffle me that there are enough girls to field 4 and 5 teams per age. M&D only had 30 girls show up for their 2021 tryouts and they won everything they played in last year. I can't think of a program in MD that has more than two teams per age. Granted, there are a lot more options down here(M&D, Hero's, Skywalkers, TLC, etc), but I agree, paying the same freight to be on the 4th YJ team seems silly. I would hope that the parents of the 4th team girls aren't arrogant, but if so, I understand your point.

Really no anger, but glad I am not a part of it. The punch in the face, is a reference to the [lacrosse] type of person who is beyond words and just needs a slap, more of a figurative usage rather than a literal usage. This is the very reason I had my girls not go to YJ, the director(s) in our town really put us off about YJ and from what we have seen they are more a reflection of the club rather than an exception. And yes it was therapeutic to actually lay it out and finally pinpoint why I and so many others are disgusted when we see YJ parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this with respect to the U15 tryouts for nationals? None of us know what you're talking about...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the roster emails went out.. And someone "deserving" Didn't make it or someone "undeserving" did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids selected for U15?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same thing happens every year. Just because your kid is on Black it doesn't guarantee your daughter is on the U15 roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the team break down. How many black how many purple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you even do the u15's when it a waste of time, Monet and barely any coaches use it for recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you even do the u15's when it a waste of time, Monet and barely any coaches use it for recruiting.

It must be for the publicity. It is the only championship tournament run by a sanctioned organizer. It is historically tracked and very well publicized in the magazines. No other team tournaments do you even hear who won, much less get press coverage. Live coverage and game, tournament reporting. It is the stage needed, just got to get ALL the clubs to buy in. Most all the top contenders come from the mid/north east, US lacrosse should keep this thing in the near vicinity, I think that is what deters some teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Emails were sent out to those that made the team. I don't know why they keep it so hush hush. Don't forget that there is a 3rd team for this age group. Many of them tried out as well. TG still has to qualify just to go to Virginia in July.

Like Reply Quote
Page 171 of 220 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard