BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Do you know Cabell Maddux?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is still the best team in NOVA for U9 to U15/2019 age group. And with out a question still in the top 2 or 3 clubs for the 2018 to 2016 age group. And to THE HOP the reason the post about the "evil Leader" went away is people looked into it and got over it. Like they should of. When the college coaches stop calling Cabell Maddux about 8th graders is the day Madlax dies until this day they will be just fine. And I also forgot about all the 30K high school coaches calling him to sway his players to attend there school to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax is still the best team in NOVA for U9 to U15/2019 age group. And with out a question still in the top 2 or 3 clubs for the 2018 to 2016 age group. And to THE HOP the reason the post about the "evil Leader" went away is people looked into it and got over it. Like they should of. When the college coaches stop calling Cabell Maddux about 8th graders is the day Madlax dies until this day they will be just fine. And I also forgot about all the 30K high school coaches calling him to sway his players to attend there school to play lacrosse.

1. Best high school clubs are Blackwolf and VLC. Madlax is distant 3rd.

2. Madlax has the best youth teams overall right now, but changes every year, especially when they leave for other clubs after hitting HS.

3. Didn't realize that 30,000 HS coaches are calling Madlax to get his kids to attend their HS. Wow, that is a lot of HS coaches.

4. If you think it's ok to threaten a kid and his parents because they want a change, you are not teaching your kid any morals.

People leave Madlax because they get tired of his antics and paying over $1000 just to be part of his club. Look at his 2016 team. Two of their best players left for the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$30 the high schools cost $30k. and players leaving for the Crabs that is a black eye to Madlax, They are the club every kid in 4 states wants to play for. The money is really not that much more and I am so tired of hearing that. VlC will be in 5th place in the high school ages in the next 2 or 3 years there youth teams are really avg. to bellow avg. Right now. So they leave for 2 other clubs Blackwolf and VLC. I will give you Blackwolf but that is not a option for many they only have 3 teams. But VLC will be the distant 3rd very soon. thats a LOCk. And the funny thing is you are saying the Madlax kids are leaving to play at other clubs, so this means they are good enought to make the team and push another kid off the Roster. So Madlax must be doing something correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a joke of a tournament. Everyone knows that. But if you are going to brag about winning some youth tournament, please don't call it a "national championship".

That's a totally throw-away statement. However you define a tournament, it's no joke. These boards are filled with complaints of disorganized tournaments that don't follow the age rules and favor the host teams. This was extremely well organized, actually enforced age rules, required certain tournament finishes to qualify (though, admittedly some were easy, it still seemed to the kids and families that they had earned the right to go), had a really good seeding system, got teams from all over North America and was fun in every way. It is NOT a national championship and doesn't call itself that.

I have no connection with Madlax and, in fact, wouldn't want my kid in Maddux's club system, so I wasn't bragging, but I still think it's pretty respectable that Madlax won U13 and U15 at [lacrosse]'s and I expect the families feel like Madlax is doing a good job as a lacrosse club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes please contact the reporter for a followup that will do 2 things. 1. shut up all the haters. 2 show the board that the hop is not to be messes with!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Madlax has the best youth teams overall right now, but changes every year, especially when they leave for other clubs after hitting HS.

3. Didn't realize that 30,000 HS coaches are calling Madlax to get his kids to attend their HS. Wow, that is a lot of HS coaches.

4. If you think it's ok to threaten a kid and his parents because they want a change, you are not teaching your kid any morals.

People leave Madlax because they get tired of his antics and paying over $1000 just to be part of his club. Look at his 2016 team. Two of their best players left for the Crabs.

Do you really want to read a few "I will ruin your son's lacrosse future for leaving to a rival club" emails from Crabs owner? That can be arranged. Be real careful, living in glass houses....

User
User

Do you really want to read a few "I will ruin your son's lacrosse future for leaving to a rival club" emails from Crabs owner? That can be arranged. Be real careful, living in glass houses....

That's a strong accusation. You may want to PM me to discuss your post.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Madlax is still the best team in NOVA for U9 to U15/2019 age group. And with out a question still in the top 2 or 3 clubs for the 2018 to 2016 age group. And to THE HOP the reason the post about the "evil Leader" went away is people looked into it and got over it. Like they should of. When the college coaches stop calling Cabell Maddux about 8th graders is the day Madlax dies until this day they will be just fine. And I also forgot about all the 30K high school coaches calling him to sway his players to attend there school to play lacrosse.

Hop, he won't PM you. Way to call him out. Troll

User
User
[quote=Anonymous]Madlax is still the best team in NOVA for U9 to U15/2019 age group. And with out a question still in the top 2 or 3 clubs for the 2018 to 2016 age group. And to THE HOP the reason the post about the "evil Leader" went away is people looked into it and got over it. Like they should of. When the college coaches stop calling Cabell Maddux about 8th graders is the day Madlax dies until this day they will be just fine. And I also forgot about all the 30K high school coaches calling him to sway his players to attend there school to play lacrosse.

Hop, he won't PM you. Way to call him out. Troll

That's cool. Cowardice accusations aside I'm interested in finding out how things at Madlax are now. That's all I've been after and apparently, judging by the responses so far it's not something that's able to be discussed without anger and personal attacks. Oh well we will see.....

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Hop was messaged. The only thing standing between Crabs owner and another Deadspin article is the dignity and discretion of a few families he sent insipid emails to. It did happen. I didn't shy away from bringing my issue with his correspondence with our son, and now would be a wise time for the posters on both sides of this to cease. Cabell did it and Ryan did it. Leaves little for either owner to be proud of.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
User
User
DMVguy has in fact messaged me. I am glad he did and he seems to have a good outlook on youth sports. Kudos to him for taking the time to discuss this issue with me.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to break this down Madlax charges 25% or so more money then the other clubs. And there owner has written some over the top emails. Those are the bad things. But the good things are they have very good to great teams from U9 threw high school. They have no parents involed in the coaching system from top to bottom. They pick the best players no matter if you are a public or private school kid. If you want to and can you can play in more games then any team around with Madlax. All there coaches have played the game at a high level and have the energy to coach and keep up with the kids. There is more good things but if you feel the two bad things I started with are not worth the tons of good things. Thats fine with me thats just more playing time for my kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=DMVguy]The Hop was messaged. The only thing standing between Crabs owner and another Deadspin article is the dignity and discretion of a few families he sent insipid emails to. It did happen. I didn't shy away from bringing my issue with his correspondence with our son, and now would be a wise time for the posters on both sides of this to cease. Cabell did it and Ryan did it. Leaves little for either owner to be proud of.

That's very exciting that you want forums readers to think you have a "smoking gun". You are a regular TMZ operative. Unless your produce the proof, Madlax dude is the only psycho emailer. Or the only one dumb enough to put those things in writing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please pull up the date on this email? It has to be 3 years old by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 2 years old but hardly an outlier. He tries to charge parents an extra 6 months of academy fees if they leave. if a kid leavws, he kicks out their siblings. He has been fired from hs job and threatened his hs team that they had to play madlax or else. Swell guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks I am leaving today you talked me into it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It's 2 years old but hardly an outlier. He tries to charge parents an extra 6 months of academy fees if they leave. if a kid leavws, he kicks out their siblings. He has been fired from hs job and threatened his hs team that they had to play madlax or else. Swell guy.

Ouch!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]It's 2 years old but hardly an outlier. He tries to charge parents an extra 6 months of academy fees if they leave. if a kid leavws, he kicks out their siblings. He has been fired from hs job and threatened his hs team that they had to play madlax or else. Swell guy.

Ouch!

VLC Crabs tack on seasonal "member fees" in addition to seasonal dues and tournament fees. Crabs owner attended zero VLC practices and no VLC team games not coincident with Baltimore Crabs being at same event, and then urges VLC players who want his advocacy to attend his $700 three day prospect camp in order to see the kids on a club he owns. I can understand if you avoid Madlax because of academy fees, but alike tack on fees are abound with Crabs, especially if you want the organization to advocate for your son to college coaches. Leave VLC and that's fine with them, but that also means the family is out. Family profile is removed from the website to register for anything including tryout fees. And then, of course, VLC coaches are told not to give references for any kid who leaves and there have been "negative recruiting" things repeated to college coaches about former VLC players. Let's not confuse a negative opinion of Madlax with a grass is greener argument for their competitor club. I have arrived at a belief that Madlax and VLC have mostly great kids who are friends and respectful competitors with each other on clubs and at rival schools. Too bad a lot of them have horrible, vitriolic gossip parents. I can still remember a VLC and Madlax U-15 game which had to be stopped by the refs who heard parents screaming "hurt them" to kids on the field. That about says it all. This game belongs to the kids. The owners and parents at both clubs need to figure out some civility and class between themselves for either club to thrive going ahead IMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 2 years old but hardly an outlier. He tries to charge parents an extra 6 months of academy fees if they leave. if a kid leavws, he kicks out their siblings. He has been fired from hs job and threatened his hs team that they had to play madlax or else. Swell guy.

My son has played for Madlax since his 2nd year of U11. The program has worked for us but it may not be for everyone. Has it always been perfect - no. I have friends with kids in Blackwolf and VLC and from our conversations there is plenty good and bad with each club. Some have issues with keeping quality coaches, some have issues not playing enough tournaments to stay competitive. I don't know any families with kids that play for BLC but I know that they always have a strong team and that we always look forward to playing against them. I also know that each club owner from Madlax to VLC to BLC and others such as the Hawks and the Dukes HHH - they all put a lot of time and passion into their program and players. We as parents just have to determine which fit is best for our kids - its their game in the end. To the comment regarding siblings getting kicked off when another leaves the program at Madlax - I don't personally know of any family where that's happened. However I do know one family where an older brother left Madlax for another team but the younger brother continued with Madlax and continues to be one of their best players in his particular age group. As I said in the beginning - each club has pros and cons - you just have to figure out which club works best for your kids. On the positive side, there is no shortage of clubs in the DC/Baltimore area so if one doesn't work out there are plenty of others to choose from...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard