BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great advice. Even if one person uses it it's worth it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had a concussion in Sept. and has just now returned to sports and is still having cognitive issues and seeing a neurologist. It's no joke people, it's their life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are right. hope your son makes a full recovery

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son had a concussion in Sept. and has just now returned to sports and is still having cognitive issues and seeing a neurologist. It's no joke people, it's their life.

When our son had a concussion, the neurologist scared the heck out of us. I had no idea a concussion- just one and not even major- could have life long effects. My son also experienced "cognitive" issues- no other signs except a headache for two days. It is really important to have baseline data and any athlete should do so. Knowing what I know now, I would never have let my son go back out there to play- even though the coaches checked his eyes, speech etc. dr told us- one hit to the head- no question- no more play- it is going back out that does the bigger damage- not necessarily the first hit. I wish schools would hire these drs to give speeches to coaches and parents because too many aren't willing to sit the kid out if there are no physical signs with the eyes etc. we didn't catch my sons issues until 2 days later when he was doing school work- dr had rushed an MRI and that's when we learned all about concussions. I hope your son is okay and keep telling your story- it's an important one and will save someone from lasting effects. I wish I heard it before we lived it. We are thankful all turned out ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When our son had a concussion, the neurologist scared the heck out of us. I had no idea a concussion- just one and not even major- could have life long effects. My son also experienced "cognitive" issues- no other signs except a headache for two days. It is really important to have baseline data and any athlete should do so. Knowing what I know now, I would never have let my son go back out there to play- even though the coaches checked his eyes, speech etc. dr told us- one hit to the head- no question- no more play- it is going back out that does the bigger damage- not necessarily the first hit. I wish schools would hire these drs to give speeches to coaches and parents because too many aren't willing to sit the kid out if there are no physical signs with the eyes etc. we didn't catch my sons issues until 2 days later when he was doing school work- dr had rushed an MRI and that's when we learned all about concussions. I hope your son is okay and keep telling your story- it's an important one and will save someone from lasting effects. I wish I heard it before we lived it. We are thankful all turned out ok.

I know I'm going [lacrosse] some people off here, but it's got to be said. STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL. It in no way makes you a better lax player, it makes you an ex-lax player... Please, look at the 2018 LI recruits, most did not play football this year. Sorry those are the facts...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our youth football program put on a "concussion symposium" for the parents. As presenters they had the head of neurology from Winthrop Hospital as well as a number of other concussion experts and athletic trainers. They worked very hard to put it together. It was one of the most informative presentations I have been to regarding youth sports. I would say about 20 people showed up. We must have 400 kids in the program. We have more people show up for a scrimmage game or a bake sale. This is such an important topic and most parents seem to blow it off. I hope your son has recovered well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know I'm going [lacrosse] some people off here, but it's got to be said. STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL. It in no way makes you a better lax player, it makes you an ex-lax player... Please, look at the 2018 LI recruits, most did not play football this year. Sorry those are the facts...

The Canadians don't play football either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you ever think that some boys just love playing football...not everyone's entire life revolves around lax alone. Most college coaches like muli-sport athletes. And I'll beat you to the punch...my son has a verbal commitment already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I might be exaggerating just alittle , but there is more helmet to helmet contact in HS then the NFL. Varsity football games get very violent and most hits are not called penalties when in fact they call them in the pros. If you want to improve your sons footwork and endurance for lacrosse then switch to soccer. I know I am.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you ever think that some boys just love playing football...not everyone's entire life revolves around lax alone. Most college coaches like muli-sport athletes. And I'll beat you to the punch...my son has a verbal commitment already.

Wow, your son has a verbal and he plays football. Then have him go play football at Alabama.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would it be ok if he told you he loved MMA or drugs? Sometimes you have to be the parent and protect the kid! I played football in HS and College (never big time) and never had a concussion (what did I know). Now I have headaches, twisted fingers, a bad neck, hip and knee issues and a big toe that always feels like it has need stomped on when it is damp out.

I loved it too! And sometimes I just want to play one more game and get one more big hit in even though I am over the hill. Protect your son, steer him to something else, you'll be happy you did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are other sports other than football. Most college coaches could give a rats [lacrosse] if you're multi-sport or not. yeah yeah I've heard Danowski's rant. Doesn't matter. Great lax player, your committed in 9th grade. As far as a love for Football, wake up! My son is a Freshman in College, teammate just got his 3rd and last concussion. No longer allowed to play lax. Poor kid is done before his first game freshman year. He had two other concussions in HS Football. As I said before, Football never made anyone better at Lax, it makes you a former lax player, just like my son's teammate! Hey I don't care, keep sending your kid out there. "Put your head in there son"... Moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would it be ok if he told you he loved MMA or drugs? Sometimes you have to be the parent and protect the kid! I played football in HS and College (never big time) and never had a concussion (what did I know). Now I have headaches, twisted fingers, a bad neck, hip and knee issues and a big toe that always feels like it has need stomped on when it is damp out.

I loved it too! And sometimes I just want to play one more game and get one more big hit in even though I am over the hill. Protect your son, steer him to something else, you'll be happy you did

Ohhhhh the canadians dont play football.......ok....Im going to follow the ideas of the canadians. Really...are you kidding me. Play hockey until I'm 23 then try and play lacrosse and go to college.Graduate when I am 26 or so. Brilliant!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the dumbest comment I've heard on a should be mature age thread. Wake up tough guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are other sports other than football. Most college coaches could give a rats [lacrosse] if you're multi-sport or not. yeah yeah I've heard Danowski's rant. Doesn't matter. Great lax player, your committed in 9th grade. As far as a love for Football, wake up! My son is a Freshman in College, teammate just got his 3rd and last concussion. No longer allowed to play lax. Poor kid is done before his first game freshman year. He had two other concussions in HS Football. As I said before, Football never made anyone better at Lax, it makes you a former lax player, just like my son's teammate! Hey I don't care, keep sending your kid out there. "Put your head in there son"... Moron.

Moron? Why so angry? Apparently you do care. Relax, every story is different. You can get a concussion playing lacrosse, wrestling, soccer, I've heard it all. To say "football makes you a former lax player" is ridiculous. In your sons friends situation, that may be true but, there are many other scenarios where football (or any other sport) made them a better athlete, leader, teammate, etc. to each his own

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, your son has a verbal and he plays football. Then have him go play football at Alabama.

He didn't get offered a scholarship to Alabama to play football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting...Bleacher Report article on a payer that had his offer pulled by college coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Beware committing too early without giving other schools a good consideration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting...Bleacher Report article on a payer that had his offer pulled by college coach

There is a thing called a "gray shirt" and it's VERY common in big time college football. Basically it's when the school pulls your scholarship offer and asks you to either play as a walk on this year or enroll in the school next year instead of this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a thing called a "gray shirt" and it's VERY common in big time college football. Basically it's when the school pulls your scholarship offer and asks you to either play as a walk on this year or enroll in the school next year instead of this year.

Pretty classy telling him two days before signing. I think if a coach second guesses an early commit, so be it, better to let him loose than to drop him from the team once he is in the school, however, this coach should have given the kid some time. Like Trevor Tierney's article on early recruiting says at the end of the day a verbal doesn't mean S--T! That goes for coach and player. Keep studying hard and playing hard and be polite to anyone who makes other overtures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any one heard of Project 9 with Rabil. Is it a good thing to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard some good training. $1300 bucks for weekend though....no coaches recruiting at it. More for committed kids to continue to work on stuff and parents who have money to burn. I spoke to one dad whose son did it and said it was pretty good. Wouldn't do twice but kid had good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was being look at very heavily by UPenn and then received a concussion in football. No more UPenn in his future. They have moved on. No more football in my sons future either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard some good training. $1300 bucks for weekend though....no coaches recruiting at it. More for committed kids to continue to work on stuff and parents who have money to burn. I spoke to one dad whose son did it and said it was pretty good. Wouldn't do twice but kid had good experience.

I looked at the roster of previous players who attended and they seemed to be talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I looked at the roster of previous players who attended and they seemed to be talented.

For $1,300 over a weekend Bobby Flay should be cooking the meals and Paul Rabil should be waiting the tables. I get it that lacrosse has a business aspect, but aside from the Adrenaline Black Card I have not seen one where you could possibly say it was a good lacrosse experience first and then a good price second. If prospect days are running hot at $150-$250 a day, other events are running hot at $300-400 a day and now this one at $700 a day, what is next? Vacation cruises with the Powells with wall ball on the Ledo deck with Captain Stubing? This sport needs a reality check. Middle class parents like me are reading these things thinking there isn't a way anymore to get our kids out there to compete if we can't puke thousands of dollars in every random direction. $1300 is about what I will pay for a summer of lacrosse with our club, and I'd hope for our kids that would be sufficient if they have college ambitions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids who went last year said it was too long, no breaks and no fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any one heard of Project 9 with Rabil. Is it a good thing to do?

Was invited but didn't attend. Lots of elite kids their though. We didn't realize it was that selective and through out the invite. Then I saw it covered by inside lacrosse and it looked cool. If you are looking into it try getting into Nike Ride. Same idea but free and even more presigious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike Ride better quality and more enjoyable for the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders has NO "funding sources", despite what you geniuses may think. He gets paid $100-$200 per day to cover certain tournaments or events. He sees absolutely ZERO profit from any of the kids or programs that he ranks. All of his information is completely unbiased. In fact, he's practically broke. If he was smart, maybe he would do what you all already assume he does and try and set up deals to make himself some money. But, I can tell you with 150% certainty that there are NO financial ties to what he does currently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders has NO "funding sources", despite what you geniuses may think. He gets paid $100-$200 per day to cover certain tournaments or events. He sees absolutely ZERO profit from any of the kids or programs that he ranks. All of his information is completely unbiased. In fact, he's practically broke. If he was smart, maybe he would do what you all already assume he does and try and set up deals to make himself some money. But, I can tell you with 150% certainty that there are NO financial ties to what he does currently.

That's not true, I know one of the people that fund his web site. It's funded by a few people who benefit from the relationship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know at least one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a serious accusation. You saying maybe for a nice donation
He touts a plaster? Kind of a reach .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are either delusional or extremely naive.

That's not true, I know one of the people that fund his web site. It's funded by a few people who benefit from the relationship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the kids Ty has reviewed over the past several years have gone on to great things. He has a good eye. Stop hating cause your kid is not a stand out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the kids Ty has reviewed over the past several years have gone on to great things. He has a good eye. Stop hating cause your kid is not a stand out!

Stop believing that Ty has a good eye and that he is making his own impressions and reports. I personally had to sit and listen to him regale the man behind me of his personal lax playing history at last summer's Maverick showcase...blabbed on an on about himself to a man I don't know (with his back to the game behind the small bleachers) and in the last 3 mins of the game
Pranced quickly to his camp chair on the sideline and somehow came up with an amazing report of the entire game with details on the "star" players.....please....enough already on his legit status. He reports what he's told. Period. If he's not making money doing it; then he's an even bigger idiot than one would suspect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If by "funding sources", you are referring to non-monetary relationships, then you are correct. It doesn't take any money to start a website like RR - and Ty writes all of the content on his own. It actually sickens me how much you people LOVE to make stuff up about him. Why don't you stay off the anonymous blogs at your day job for awhile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has missed a ton of kids - many of today's college statistical leaders at both D1 and D3 were not recognized by him. He's also missed a ton of current high school standouts. Look at the point leaders this year on Newsday and very few of those kids are "ranked" by Ty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practically broke? Check his twitter account - seems to have had a very nice tropical vacation out of the country recently. That's hardly broke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop believing that Ty has a good eye and that he is making his own impressions and reports. I personally had to sit and listen to him regale the man behind me of his personal lax playing history at last summer's Maverick showcase...blabbed on an on about himself to a man I don't know (with his back to the game behind the small bleachers) and in the last 3 mins of the game
Pranced quickly to his camp chair on the sideline and somehow came up with an amazing report of the entire game with details on the "star" players.....please....enough already on his legit status. He reports what he's told. Period. If he's not making money doing it; then he's an even bigger idiot than one would suspect.

Oh so the kids he writes up don't really score all those goals or win all those faceoffs or make the incredible saves. He must just be immanging it all. Ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never thought I'd be defending TX, but I remember seeing in his article before he stepped away from work for a week that it was a family cruise. Doubt he paid for that.

And missing players is part of the job no matter what sport and how many resources and staffers. Considering the season in NY is hardly two weeks in and you're referring to stats (some against [lacrosse] poor teams), that seems bold to look in that direction and talk about "missing" players.

Page 37 of 45 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard