BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 170 of 220 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The winter training has been fine. Moving stick work, shooting, weaves, 2v1, 3v2 situational play. When Shannon is there - and she usually is - it runs efficiently and offers solid instruction - and I am a tough critic. As far as the leaky bubble, ...well things happen. with the weather we have had this winter there has been some flooding in that area and parking lot. I would sign up my daughter for this again in a heartbeat.

someone tell us about u15 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not a B teamparent. BearLax is the best team in CA. VERY athletic. EagleStix from GA. Again very athletic. Integrity from MD. All of these teams have played in A brackets. Mass Elite is a typical Mass team...average. Lady Roc got abused by Integrity at last summers LI Classic at Hofstra. Do your homework YJ parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Come on. Really bagels and texting and the leaky dirty dome. I've had enough!!! Bet your [lacrosse] I'm saying something. This only confirms what everyone has been saying about us. It's embarrassing.

The 7 ad 8 am training were fine yesterday. Ran well, well organized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so was the 10am slot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't forget those teams. I think they're better than Md United and surely better than Rebels. TLC is no powerhouse either. Not sure who deemed these teams the "top" ones in the country. Oh wait...YJ/STEPS did. And, guess who is in this little play day? Yep...YJ and STEPS, plus (obviously) their close friends. M&D is really good. STEPS? Are you kidding me? Skywalkers is pretty good at some age groups. TLC is okay at one or two age groups. The others...blah. The group of organizers of this little play day forgot TG, Integrity, Bearlax, Eagle Stix and I'm sure a few others. All really good clubs. If you want a play day with the best teams, then invite the best teams, not your friends teams. This play day is a sham.
You are making yourself look silly. TG at 2018? Really? Not in the same class. Eagle Stix? Got blown out in the Fall tournaments by YJs, STEPS, and others. And don't have a dog in the fight as I live in LI, but STEPS has 18 2017s committed to good schools (look at their website), not sure where you are getting your assessment from.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not a B teamparent. BearLax is the best team in CA. VERY athletic. EagleStix from GA. Again very athletic. Integrity from MD. All of these teams have played in A brackets. Mass Elite is a typical Mass team...average. Lady Roc got abused by Integrity at last summers LI Classic at Hofstra. Do your homework YJ parent.
you are embarrassing yourself the mroe you write. Must not have seen the top brackets this past summer and this fall. Probably b/c TG has not been in any I have seen. Your knowledge is very dated, fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that TG and YJ are putting themselves in the same status of "best in the country" is hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They've never played in an "A" bracket of a "Real" tournament. Fact. Atleast some of the other clubs mentioned have. Who cares how "VERY Athletic" they are, who have they ever beat? Teams 7-10 are filler anyway, no grad year goes more than 6 contenders deep. With a few exceptions, M&D, Capital, YJ and Skywalkers nail down 4 of those spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're a YJ parent, I presume? Your condesending attitude gives you away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And, what's a "real" tournament as viewed from the perspective of the omnipotent YJ Parent that we are so lucky to have amongst us? Let me save you the trouble...it's a tournament that a YJ team was in. Right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2019 play each other this past weekend?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And, what's a "real" tournament as viewed from the perspective of the omnipotent YJ Parent that we are so lucky to have amongst us? Let me save you the trouble...it's a tournament that a YJ team was in. Right?

Real tournament is championship format and has 2 or 3 of the following clubs top teams, MD, YJ, STEPS, SKYWALKERS, HEROES,CAPITAL. If TG wants to be involved in that group they will need to step it up as in no age group do they have the best team on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about other age groups but 2016 black beat everyone of those teams this past summer with the exception of M&D and STEPS who l do not think they played.also believe they had wins at 2018 and 2020 against those teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know about other age groups but 2016 black beat everyone of those teams this past summer with the exception of M&D and STEPS who l do not think they played.also believe they had wins at 2018 and 2020 against those teams
They never played Steps lost to M&D by 1 or 2 at one of the June showcases

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...I can't help myself. Why is a championship format tournament a "real" tournament? For a club team, what does winning a summer club tournament do for you? I can answer that...NOTHING. College coaches do not care who wins and loses. They don't even know the score. They are there to watch particular players for recruiting purposes. It sounds like it means more to you than it does the college coaches. Anybody that has any real knowledge of the club team/college recruiting process knows this. Your lack of knowledge of the process is starting to show. You're embarrassing yourself. If you don't believe me, ask your YJ recruiting coordinator.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Mr YJ, a showcase format tournament is not a "real" tournament. Little does he know, but as the girls get to their last two summers, most tournaments are showcase format, to showcase the player's talents (which is the whole purpose of playing club lax). This guy is now making himself look silly. Embarrassing. Fact! LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real tournament is championship format and has 2 or 3 of the following clubs top teams, MD, YJ, STEPS, SKYWALKERS, HEROES,CAPITAL. If TG wants to be involved in that group they will need to step it up as in no age group do they have the best team on LI.

TG 2020 for top team on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the YJ website, none of their teams are participating in any of the IWLCA tournaments. Why not? There's lots of really good competition from all over the country. Interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hitting the bottle again? 2020 top team just say what you're typing and if you believe it check yourself into a psych ward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the issue , your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ ,yes the won at the first tournament of the year in a showcase against essentially a mixed YJ team as many were upstate playing for their high school teams. Your TG team has never won a significant tournament with 2 or more of those teams involved . Generally now you have someone mention the U15 which is not a 2016 tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the YJ website, none of their teams are participating in any of the IWLCA tournaments. Why not? There's lots of really good competition from all over the country. Interesting.

Because there is no money in it for CR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK...I can't help myself. Why is a championship format tournament a "real" tournament? For a club team, what does winning a summer club tournament do for you? I can answer that...NOTHING. College coaches do not care who wins and loses. They don't even know the score. They are there to watch particular players for recruiting purposes. It sounds like it means more to you than it does the college coaches. Anybody that has any real knowledge of the club team/college recruiting process knows this. Your lack of knowledge of the process is starting to show. You're embarrassing yourself. If you don't believe me, ask your YJ recruiting coordinator.

Try to follow along the discussion started with trying to determine what the best teams are in the country , in order to determine the best teams in the country you really need to have championship tournaments. You act as if college coaches do not attend championship tournaments which just shows your lack of knowledge. Do college coaches care who wins , not really, do they take notice of who wins , yes they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hitting the bottle again? 2020 top team just say what you're typing and if you believe it check yourself into a psych ward.
How can you guys even evaluate a top 2020 team yet? Several of the top programs don;t even have an A and a B team yet. By 8th grade or freshman summer you can make that claim, but not now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Mr YJ, a showcase format tournament is not a "real" tournament. Little does he know, but as the girls get to their last two summers, most tournaments are showcase format, to showcase the player's talents (which is the whole purpose of playing club lax). This guy is now making himself look silly. Embarrassing. Fact! LOL!

The fact is many of the top YJ players are committed by their final two summers (other travel teams have this as well). Committed kids will generally not attend showcase tournaments. Unless all the top players from a team attend, it is difficult to say which team is the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there is no money in it for CR.

BINGO!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the issue , your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ ,yes the won at the first tournament of the year in a showcase against essentially a mixed YJ team as many were upstate playing for their high school teams. Your TG team has never won a significant tournament with 2 or more of those teams involved . Generally now you have someone mention the U15 which is not a 2016 tournament.

Not claiming that YJ is not the better team. Just responding to the poster who implied that TG did not belong in the group with those teams at any age group. you can't group those particular teams and not include TG at least no at 2016,2018 or 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the college liaison for our club team. Over the last 2 summers and 1 fall I have talked to over 100 different college coaches. I can tell you with 100% certainty that not one college coach said they know the score, know who won, etc. They don't care. The only people that care about wins and losses are over-zealous parents on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness, TG 2016 absolutely smoked YJ in last years fall "showcase". I think it surprised everyone since many of YJ's top players were there. If YJ is that good and that deep they should never get smoked like that. As for a few other showcase events they have played in I recall YJ subbing absolutely nobody and TG playing kids fairly evenly (rightly so since it was a showcase event) and only losing by 1-2 goals. To say that these 2016 teams are not very close in ability is very unfair. TG is not strong at many age groups but 2016 is a very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In fairness, TG 2016 absolutely smoked YJ in last years fall "showcase". I think it surprised everyone since many of YJ's top players were there. If YJ is that good and that deep they should never get smoked like that. As for a few other showcase events they have played in I recall YJ subbing absolutely nobody and TG playing kids fairly evenly (rightly so since it was a showcase event) and only losing by 1-2 goals. To say that these 2016 teams are not very close in ability is very unfair. TG is not strong at many age groups but 2016 is a very good team.

The facts are what they are ,your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ. Every homer parent thinks that their team is subbing fairly and the other team is not when they lose, its human nature,I have fallen victim to it myself. It did not surprise YJ in the first spring tournament last year as they knew who they were missing and was not the only game they lost that weekend to a team that they had beaten every time in the past.It was a combo team with some kids from the 3rd level team. TG 2016 is a descent team but not in the top 5 ,again is what it is. It certainly would be a lot easier if both clubs owners were not so thick headed and they just played in leagues against each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the college liaison for our club team. Over the last 2 summers and 1 fall I have talked to over 100 different college coaches. I can tell you with 100% certainty that not one college coach said they know the score, know who won, etc. They don't care. The only people that care about wins and losses are over-zealous parents on LI.
Amen, but is does help being on a top club team in the age group as they tend to get watched more often by the largest number of coaches. Doesn't mean you can't get recruting from a club that does not have a top program, just means it is probably a bit harder. Just look at the number of commits to top schools at the best clubs (M&D,YJs,NEMS, Capital,STEPS, Skywalkers, TLC, Heros, etc.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen, but is does help being on a top club team in the age group as they tend to get watched more often by the largest number of coaches. Doesn't mean you can't get recruting from a club that does not have a top program, just means it is probably a bit harder. Just look at the number of commits to top schools at the best clubs (M&D,YJs,NEMS, Capital,STEPS, Skywalkers, TLC, Heros, etc.)

Or count the number of coaches on the sidelines when you play one of those teams at a recruiting event vs. when you're beating up on Minnesota Elite. Coaches can only watch one game at a time so matchups between quality clubs provide more bang for their buck plus, every kid looks like a superstar against weak opponents.

Anyway, this whole discussion formed around "who are the top teams at age groups?", hard to figure how college coaches/recruiting got pulled into it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The facts are what they are ,your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ. Every homer parent thinks that their team is subbing fairly and the other team is not when they lose, its human nature,I have fallen victim to it myself. It did not surprise YJ in the first spring tournament last year as they knew who they were missing and was not the only game they lost that weekend to a team that they had beaten every time in the past.It was a combo team with some kids from the 3rd level team. TG 2016 is a descent team but not in the top 5 ,again is what it is. It certainly would be a lot easier if both clubs owners were not so thick headed and they just played in leagues against each other.

Both teams (YJ 2016 and TG 2016) were at National Draw last year. Both played in the same bracket, Both teams beat Skywalkers Blue. Both teams were 4-0 in pool play.. YJ moved on due to tie breakers. That was the tournamnet where they should have played, that could have ended all this back and forth.. but someone set the brackets up so that only one of those teams would move on without having to play each other...oh and the YJ team knew exactly when TG gave up the goal and lost the tie breaker, YJ played keep away for the rest of their game never giving their opponent a chance to score..winning I think 4-0.. Some ones little brother ran from the TG field to Defo with the score as soon as it happend.. Congrats on winning your stick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams (YJ 2016 and TG 2016) were at National Draw last year. Both played in the same bracket, Both teams beat Skywalkers Blue. Both teams were 4-0 in pool play.. YJ moved on due to tie breakers. That was the tournamnet where they should have played, that could have ended all this back and forth.. but someone set the brackets up so that only one of those teams would move on without having to play each other...oh and the YJ team knew exactly when TG gave up the goal and lost the tie breaker, YJ played keep away for the rest of their game never giving their opponent a chance to score..winning I think 4-0.. Some ones little brother ran from the TG field to Defo with the score as soon as it happend.. Congrats on winning your stick

Oh you mean the NATIONAL STALL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't understand YJ's obsession with winning. The point of club lax is to get your players exposed to college coaches for recruiting purposes. But, it seems YJ is more concerned with winning at all costs, and showcasing player talent secondly. My guess as this attitude is most likely driven by the YJ parents. Win, win, win. I've seen them. They seem to have no problem calling out a player, yelling at refs, yelling at other teams players, etc. It is absolutely no fun to watch your daughter play when her opponent is YJ and their parents. But hey...like Mr YJ Parent stated earlier in this thread...they play in "real" tournaments. I like the comment above...Congrats on winning your stick. It must mean a LOT to Mr and Mrs YJ Parent. Personally for me and my family and daughter (D1 commit), we would rather have the players be showcased to the college of her dreams. It's about the players, Mr and Mrs YJ Parent, not you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't understand YJ's obsession with winning. The point of club lax is to get your players exposed to college coaches for recruiting purposes. But, it seems YJ is more concerned with winning at all costs, and showcasing player talent secondly. My guess as this attitude is most likely driven by the YJ parents. Win, win, win. I've seen them. They seem to have no problem calling out a player, yelling at refs, yelling at other teams players, etc. It is absolutely no fun to watch your daughter play when her opponent is YJ and their parents. But hey...like Mr YJ Parent stated earlier in this thread...they play in "real" tournaments. I like the comment above...Congrats on winning your stick. It must mean a LOT to Mr and Mrs YJ Parent. Personally for me and my family and daughter (D1 commit), we would rather have the players be showcased to the college of her dreams. It's about the players, Mr and Mrs YJ Parent, not you!

It's also about feeding the yj money machine, hard to get top players (and wanna be's) to play for losing programs - Come to yj and you're elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's also about feeding the yj money machine, hard to get top players (and wanna be's) to play for losing programs - Come to yj and you're elite

Because your daughter plays for any club that calls themselves elite makes her an elite player? Not quite. About half the roster of top team at YJ borders on elite, and a couple/few on second team(yes there are some better players on second teams than on first team). Cut those numbers down 25-50% for top gun teams and other LI elite teams. Some of the players on my daughters top elite team are pretty bad, hard to watch. I see many second team players that would be more deserving, but sometimes a team has a chemistry that is best left alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is where you make yourself look like the typical uninformed sore looser.First the goals against rule is stupid but Defo won the game you are talking about 12-1, the goals against differential between YJ and TG was 4 so the stall was just as much about not running it up. Second , you say could have ended all this back and forth , okay they played the year before and YJ won so I guess that ends it then. How many times in championship format tournaments does YJ need to beat TG for you to say no more back and forth. Ask MD who they would rather play and I bet they say YJ because those two teams have nothing but respect for each other and enjoy the competitive games. Sorry but it gets annoying when a team that has never won a competitive tournament tries to put itself in the elite class of teams just because they say so. As far as YJ obsession with winning , that is one of the reasons the best most competitive players join the club and they do just fine on the recruiting side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because your daughter plays for any club that calls themselves elite makes her an elite player? Not quite. About half the roster of top team at YJ borders on elite, and a couple/few on second team(yes there are some better players on second teams than on first team). Cut those numbers down 25-50% for top gun teams and other LI elite teams. Some of the players on my daughters top elite team are pretty bad, hard to watch. I see many second team players that would be more deserving, but sometimes a team has a chemistry that is best left alone.

Yep and some coaches get that you might actually need a couple true ride attackmen, a big tall kid or two to pick and cut and, a bunch of athletic defensemen (even if they can't catch a ball) more than they need that 12th scoring option. Most parents equate scoring with being a great player when a team can't really support more than 6 scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is where you make yourself look like the typical uninformed sore looser.First the goals against rule is stupid but Defo won the game you are talking about 12-1, the goals against differential between YJ and TG was 4 so the stall was just as much about not running it up. Second , you say could have ended all this back and forth , okay they played the year before and YJ won so I guess that ends it then. How many times in championship format tournaments does YJ need to beat TG for you to say no more back and forth. Ask MD who they would rather play and I bet they say YJ because those two teams have nothing but respect for each other and enjoy the competitive games. Sorry but it gets annoying when a team that has never won a competitive tournament tries to put itself in the elite class of teams just because they say so. As far as YJ obsession with winning , that is one of the reasons the best most competitive players join the club and they do just fine on the recruiting side.

In case you haven't heard the Maryland parents can't stand the yj, primarily because of the parents and coaches

Like Reply Quote
Page 170 of 220 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard