BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 52 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have any experience with prep school lacrosse showcase
Is it worth the money

It is first rate. IMO right up there with Maverik and JR, but only one day. What is good about it is that it is the first major event of the summer and a great way to make a big first impression.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you get an invite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some evaluators from express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone now when they said invites would go out for Brine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
same time as the pink slips go out for hopkins

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the evaluators actually looked like they were evaluating, unlike last year. Don't think any of the coaches had affiliation with any of the major club teams. No SL, MC, or anyone else that I recognized. I recall 6 to 7 evaluators. There were not as many kids this year probably 75. Lots of drills and opportunities to see all kids. Then each team played 2 games about 15 to 20 min each. when will they announce who made team?

They don't evaluate because no one cares anymore. It's same week as JR. Top players who played in past from all over country don't do it. Waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son did Both Jake Reed and Brine events last year. Brine was the better of the 2. At JR you showed up and 3 games nothing more coaching wad none existent. At Brine it was at least all boys from LI. Play was better and so was coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son did Both Jake Reed and Brine events last year. Brine was the better of the 2. At JR you showed up and 3 games nothing more coaching wad none existent. At Brine it was at least all boys from LI. Play was better and so was coaching.

How many college coaches were at brine ?

How many at JR?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO you can not compare these events, JR is an individual showcase where the scores do not matter and kids are playing to be seen by college coaches - Brine is an "all star" selected team that is competing to win a championship for their region. Brine is a lot of fun and the kids get to play with other LI kids that they do not normally get to play with. Not a lot of college coaches except the ones coaching. I do not believe that given a choice anyone would go to Brine over JR but if you are not going to JR or Top 205 that week and you want to do a fun event it is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the evaluators actually looked like they were evaluating, unlike last year. Don't think any of the coaches had affiliation with any of the major club teams. No SL, MC, or anyone else that I recognized. I recall 6 to 7 evaluators. There were not as many kids this year probably 75. Lots of drills and opportunities to see all kids. Then each team played 2 games about 15 to 20 min each. when will they announce who made team?

They don't evaluate because no one cares anymore. It's same week as JR. Top players who played in past from all over country don't do it. Waste of time and money.
JR is great either anymore. Maverik, Black Card in summer and Philly Showcase in Fall only individual showcases I think are worth it anymore. Brine is just fun, boys love it, not a recruiting event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes My son got invite to Prep school showcase.
Should He go?
Do not know anything about
any other parents get invite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should He go?

I hear it's a pretty good venue, well attended. My son received invite and is attending. He also received an invite to play on their prep school team off of his highlight video submission. Seems like organizers have formed a showcase team for the summer. He declined due to current summer team commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many at JR?

Brine was loaded with college coaches since it has all age groups, JR had a handful since JR spans several weeks, each age group is independent of the others.

I too feel the Brine was a better run event with a better showing of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should He go?

Yes, unless your are on Extreme or Terps, it conflicts with the "Run with the Best Lax Showcase."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run With The Best is 5/30, Prep School Showcase is 5/31

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard Brine team e-mails went out, anybody hear anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prep Showcase is one of the TOP 3 events in the country. Hands down. Been there twice. They also run the best camps - was at Boca and Lawrenceville - can't say enough good things about the. Maverick and Philly Showcase are up there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you guys convinced me. Signed my son up for prep school showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes then went out My son got invite
Still deciding

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many at JR?

Brine was loaded with college coaches since it has all age groups, JR had a handful since JR spans several weeks, each age group is independent of the others.

You must be talking about JR qualifier. JR in the summer is crawling with coaches. Not even a contest. If you have an opportunity to do JR, you do it. If not, Brine is a lot of fun. In no way is it a recruiting event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many at JR?

You must be talking about JR qualifier. JR in the summer is crawling with coaches. Not even a contest. If you have an opportunity to do JR, you do it. If not, Brine is a lot of fun. In no way is it a recruiting event.

Agree about JR V brine. However, this year, just doing Maverick...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buddy's son was "one to watch" based on his performance at 3d as per Inside Lacrosse. You guessed it: he didn't make Jake Reed. Tough for kid who sees himself complimented online then doesn't get it.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Buddy's son was "one to watch" based on his performance at 3d as per Inside Lacrosse. You guessed it: he didn't make Jake Reed. Tough for kid who sees himself complimented online then doesn't get it.

This is the problem with all the coverage of 8th 9th grade lacrosse. A lot of it sets the kids up for disappointment. Writer saw kids talent on the field. He performed well at the tryout. Isn't that why you have the tryouts. Its why many of these tryouts for these events are truly based on reputation and what color your helmet is. They aren't really based on the performance at the actual tryout. Having the right advocate in the selection room also helps a lot. Have your friends son use it as fuel. Work harder and give them [lacrosse] on the field. He knows and so do the other kids who played well. The kids aren't stupid. They all know each other. This is the BS of a lot of these events like JR and Brine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

This is the problem with all the coverage of 8th 9th grade lacrosse. A lot of it sets the kids up for disappointment. Writer saw kids talent on the field. He performed well at the tryout. Isn't that why you have the tryouts. Its why many of these tryouts for these events are truly based on reputation and what color your helmet is. They aren't really based on the performance at the actual tryout. Having the right advocate in the selection room also helps a lot. Have your friends son use it as fuel. Work harder and give them [lacrosse] on the field. He knows and so do the other kids who played well. The kids aren't stupid. They all know each other. This is the BS of a lot of these events like JR and Brine

Doesn't help that the writers aren't exactly the greatest minds in lacrosse either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or - maybe the writer saw a nice play when he looked up from his phone in between food tweets and said something nice about the kid as opposed to the professional evaluators who are supposed to watch all the games and all the players - hopefully the evaluators are professional and not TYed to certain organizations and coaches - these tryouts are impossible to get 100% correct but to say that an Oriole's fan who is socializing more then watching got it right and the evaluators got it wrong is silly.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Or - maybe the writer saw a nice play when he looked up from his phone in between food tweets and said something nice about the kid as opposed to the professional evaluators who are supposed to watch all the games and all the players - hopefully the evaluators are professional and not TYed to certain organizations and coaches - these tryouts are impossible to get 100% correct but to say that an Oriole's fan who is socializing more then watching got it right and the evaluators got it wrong is silly.

Ty is no longer a writer for Inside Lacrosse so the Orioles fan comment is understood. I understand what your saying in regards to evaluators doing their jobs and writers only seeing a snapshot of the tryout. Its just that many of these so called unbiased tryouts are predetermined and the tryouts are just a formality. A lot has to do with who's doing the evaluations and who is advocating for their player when team selections are being made.

In my opinion when a player is trying out no member from his or her organization should be doing the evaluation. Individuals with no prior knowledge of players come in with a blank slate and a clean sheet of paper. If 107 out performs 109 at the tryout then that's who should be chosen. Not because 109's travel coach says he makes that play all the time. Its hard to miss with Long Island because of the large number of high caliber players we have when selecting a team. Its just that I have heard way too many times of certain players having bad tryouts but they are selected to the team. An example is last years Brine 2018 event. There were a number of players sent home and not selected to the Pride of Long Islands Final two teams but then they made the Brine event over kids who were actually playing on the final two teams of Pride of Long Island. I hope this is clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wanna see who the real talent is. Watch the rising sophmores game between Nassau and Suffolk at the end of the school year.There you will see the real talent of 2018.No politics,just pure talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wanna see who the real talent is. Watch the rising sophmores game between Nassau and Suffolk at the end of the school year.There you will see the real talent of 2018.No politics,just pure talent.

Ha you think no politics is involved in those selection? Yes the top is the top but there is politics and lots of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When does this game take place?? I have younger sons and would like to bring them to see this.

Is this published somewhere or should I look at my local HS lax schedule to see when it is taking place?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heck, why not just go watch 91Extreme vs LI Express Team 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a bunch of high school coaches get together and pick a team in a closed door meeting and you think there is no politics? I bet that if the kids all wore the same number on their chest that the rosters would be 95% the same. I do believe that the top players are in the game but it is because of their season, reputation and HS coaches clout and not how they did on the field at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! Take it down a notch. So many other kids out there just as good as the best on those teams....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was actually making a different point, namely that the early recruiting hype coupled with social media sets up some kids for some big let downs. Not interested in arguing whether IL or the evaluators got it right.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I was actually making a different point, namely that the early recruiting hype coupled with social media sets up some kids for some big let downs. Not interested in arguing whether IL or the evaluators got it right.

Its like I said its one of the problems with covering 8th and 9th graders. The coverage sets them up for disappointment. Which at this age is tough to digest. I also try to point out there are other factors involved in the selection process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Buddy's son was "one to watch" based on his performance at 3d as per Inside Lacrosse. You guessed it: he didn't make Jake Reed. Tough for kid who sees himself complimented online then doesn't get it.

Its like I said its one of the problems with covering 8th and 9th graders. The coverage sets them up for disappointment. Which at this age is tough to digest. I also try to point out there are other factors involved in the selection process.

Evaluators aren't perfect. But at least they played the game and coach the game and do the best they can to select the appropriate kids. Ty Xanders is a clown. Ask any club coach and they'll tell you he is a clown. No one that matters pays any attention to him, especially college coaches.. He should pay more attention to his diet!!!! Maybe the sugar daddies that support him can increase his allowance so that he can afford better meals. Certainly not a role model for student athletes!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Buddy's son was "one to watch" based on his performance at 3d as per Inside Lacrosse. You guessed it: he didn't make Jake Reed. Tough for kid who sees himself complimented online then doesn't get it.

Evaluators aren't perfect. But at least they played the game and coach the game and do the best they can to select the appropriate kids. Ty Xanders is a clown. Ask any club coach and they'll tell you he is a clown. No one that matters pays any attention to him, especially college coaches.. He should pay more attention to his diet!!!! Maybe the sugar daddies that support him can increase his allowance so that he can afford better meals. Certainly not a role model for student athletes!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont get it since Xanders or IL weren't at 3d lacro$$e Blue Chip this year.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why all the negativity towards a person doing his job, and yes, TZ was not at 3d Blue Chip Casey Vock was doing the write ups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont get it since Xanders or IL weren't at 3d lacro$$e Blue Chip this year.....

Those write ups were all done by Casy Vock, who is the new mouth piece for 3d. He used to be at IL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please! Take it down a notch. So many other kids out there just as good as the best on those teams....

SO many kids in suffolk and nassau as good as those kids? Really? How many is so many...

Page 39 of 52 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard