BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,531
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Post scores and news from womens college lacrosse.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame loses to Stanford 12-10. Wow that's crazy!!!!! West Coast team beats the Irish. What the heck happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook defense stifles USC. 7-4 final

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Nice! Go LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice! Go LI!

Stony Brook didn't get much love in the pre season rankings

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because According to the media now JS does not and will not lose because he hates defeat !
He is comparable to urban Meyer in the lacrosse world !

Nice! Go LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because According to the media now JS does not and will not lose because he hates defeat !

Nice! Go LI!

Lol. Urban Meyer? Lol again. That's funny!!!

Don't embarrass yourself with that statement.

JS is an egotistical obnoxious narcissist.
That's why they get no love.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice! Go LI!

Carol Rose did a decent job putting together a team at Yellow Jacket University A.K.A. Stony Brook. I would not judge YJU based on beating U.S.C. because U.S.C. has a faulty Offense that is easy to defend against, it's more like a hockey attack with an attacker sitting on top of the crease. Thats like letting the D have a second goalie. Even when a player did get a step on there defender the crease defender was right there to pick her up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U

Nice! Go LI!

Ranked in the top 20. This season will be very telling. They finally play a top 20 schedule. Let's see how they do against the top programs..they got spanked by the Gators and Orange last year. Playing ND, Buckeyes this year and some others. I wish them luck. Also, playing Hofstra is good for Girls Lax on LI. Results will be bad for the Pride but nice for a LI rivalry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not forget the lady Jaspers only a hope skip and jump off the island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice! Go LI!

Carol Rose did a decent job putting together a team at Yellow Jacket University A.K.A. Stony Brook. I would not judge YJU based on beating U.S.C. because U.S.C. has a faulty Offense that is easy to defend against, it's more like a hockey attack with an attacker sitting on top of the crease. Thats like letting the D have a second goalie. Even when a player did get a step on there defender the crease defender was right there to pick her up.

That defense is called a backer defense. Geez, watch much womens lacrosse??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shots at SB carol Rose and JS smells very Hofstra/Topguns
It's great for LI for SB and Hofstra to win games vs BIG conference schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC offense that is faulty did somehow score 12 goals vs Northwestern. If that's faulty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know what a backer D is, I I'm glad someone taught you what it was, but that had nothing to do with the post, nor was YJU's defense even mentioned in the post in that manner. Backer D or not if the Attacking girl isn't sitting on the crease like a drain stop, than neither is her defender without being called for 3 Seconds. No less than 5 times does a USC attacker beat there defender with what would normally be a clear shot to the goal, only to be stopped by areas attackers defender. Since you think you know so much about a backer D than yo know it will not work against the Terps, 'cause, N.W.U. as UNC will attest to. Shannon was able to beat it as was Schwartzman, and Tumolo. Essentially speaking USC beat themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually have seen this defense at SB work really well against duke and Maryland multiple times but struggle vs Florida so your theory s off to some regard. Didn't see yesterday's game but sounds like the whole purpose of playing that style D worked perfectly. I think it's great a school like SB beats USC especially if you remember where SB was four years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great point USC offensive philosophy clogged up the inside making SBs day easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually have seen this defense at SB work really well against duke and Maryland multiple times but struggle vs Florida so your theory s off to some regard. Didn't see yesterday's game but sounds like the whole purpose of playing that style D worked perfectly. I think it's great a school like SB beats USC especially if you remember where SB was four years ago
I don't know how you could say it worked when you weren't there. I am telling you that USC was able to get past the double that occurs with the backer D, there problem was in there own offensive scheme. If you go back to my original post I stated that USC played a hockey type of attack where the planted an attacker, sometimes 2, in front of the crease which also planted a defender in front of the crease. When the attacker was able to break the double and have a clear path to goal they ran into the crease defender. IMO, if the crease attacker was to clear out beyond the 8 and leave the arc clear there shooters would have had better chances. I will say that YJU's backer was able to cause bad cross field passes that got picked multiple times. only on 1 occasion was USC able to achieve the desired effect of that type of attack ( a quick stick shot from a feed down low) but the crease girl missed the feed. I don't know when Mr. Carol Rose clone was ever successful against Duke (a 8-9 home loss in his first year) or Maryland ( a 21-7 loss his first year and a 8-3 home loss and a 11-3 loss in his second) but in college lacrosse that is not successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh bitter mr TG Bayshore Paying lots of money to go to USC to get outplayed and out coached. And holding duke to 9 and Maryland to 8 while I didn't see those games seems like a good defensive game. we ARE talking defense not overall result vs those powerhouses. after all this is YOUR point stick to your point. I think UNC would of liked only letting up 8 or 11 today vs Maryland. Hey at least you beat Marist .good college on LI is great for LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why your so twisted about SB success they have been in the NCAA's and won tournament games the past two years after never being close. It's great for our young girls to be able to go to college games and see great lacrosse. If your upset with USC coaching philosophy I'm suuuure you can give Lindsay Munday some advice. Can't be mad that SB shut down USC approach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI lacrosse The Best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh bitter mr TG Bayshore Paying lots of money to go to USC to get outplayed and out coached. And holding duke to 9 and Maryland to 8 while I didn't see those games seems like a good defensive game. we ARE talking defense not overall result vs those powerhouses. after all this is YOUR point stick to your point. I think UNC would of liked only letting up 8 or 11 today vs Maryland. Hey at least you beat Marist .good college on LI is great for LI
Typical low class Yellow Jacket parent. No my daughter never played for Top Guns, nor does she go to USC, nor do I live in Bay Shore. I can't see how a total of 21 points against 49 given up is successful. Yeah it's nice to see a L.I. team get into the tournament, but in true Y.J. fashion your bragging when it's mostly smoke and mirrors. I remember not to long ago seeing Y.J. parents dismiss Towson as a second rate school with a second rate program, and that may be true, but YJU is just as second rate, mainly because Towson is the only team YJU has been able to beat in tourney, Being dispatched by the real best team in N.Y. last year and Maryland twice. I'll be a lot happier with Mr. Yellow Jacket when he takes any player from Long Island that isn't from his master C.R. Please don't give me that crap about Y.J. having the best players, all clubs have good players, believe it or not even clubs from outside L.I.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
This is NOT a Yellow Jacket thread.
This is the 2015 NCAA Womens Lacrosse thread.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Everything ends up being a YJ thread... Sad, but true...you'll get it eventually...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously ? Stony Brook was supposed to win that game and they did. Neither offense looked sharp, think the 20 something degree weather had anything to do with it. That being said USC just does not have the athletes or seasoned lacrosse players that SB does at this point, they have a kid who did not play lax until she got into college starting( great athlete from the soccer team but not exactly a lacrosse player).Too funny you think you can draw up a game plan better than the USC coaches who are all world class lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Everything ends up being a YJ thread... Sad, but true...you'll get it eventually...

Kinda like a nasty virus. You'll get it eventually...and can't wait for it to go away.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously ? Stony Brook was supposed to win that game and they did. Neither offense looked sharp, think the 20 something degree weather had anything to do with it. That being said USC just does not have the athletes or seasoned lacrosse players that SB does at this point, they have a kid who did not play lax until she got into college starting( great athlete from the soccer team but not exactly a lacrosse player).Too funny you think you can draw up a game plan better than the USC coaches who are all world class lacrosse players.
I wonder if you were at that game? If you weren't , before you publicly state that I'm not as good as anybody watch the game to see if I'm right. Just because She is a coach doesn't make her good, and just because I'm not doesn't make me wrong. Look at the Seahawks in the Super Bowl as an example of a coach doing the wrong thing at the highest level.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It's important to have two local schools (Stony Brook and Hofstra) be strong lacrosse programs because of LI's deep talent and lacrosse history. Neither program is top tier elite at this point and will not unless they attract great players from other parts of the country. Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically.

As long as Stony Brook gets some excellent local talent they will always compete, especially in their conference, which is not a great conference. So making the playoffs each year should not be hard. Ultimately it is the depth of their roster that hurts them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

It's important to have two local schools (Stony Brook and Hofstra) be strong lacrosse programs because of LI's deep talent and lacrosse history. Neither program is top tier elite at this point and will not unless they attract great players from other parts of the country. Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a

As long as Stony Brook gets some excellent local talent they will always compete, especially in their conference, which is not a great conference. So making the playoffs each year should not be hard. Ultimately it is the depth of their roster that hurts them.
What hurts S.B. is J.S. and his refusal to recruit from any other source.You are correct being on L.I. and pool that he has to pull from he should win his conference seeing as it's not strong, but with that being said S.B. making tournament is no monumental task

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you are talking about, academic status ? Hofstra is not close to having the academic status of Stony Brook. Feel free to look at any legit ranking and Hofstra not near top 100 University. Academically Stony Brook is miles ahead of Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What hurts S.B. is J.S. and his refusal to recruit from any other source.You are correct being on L.I. and pool that he has to pull from he should win his conference seeing as it's not strong, but with that being said S.B. making tournament is no monumental task

Do you actually think he refuses to recruit from any other source? If you are a good player he does not care what club you play for , as a matter of fact his most likely top recruit thus far did not play travel at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical low class Yellow Jacket parent. No my daughter never played for Top Guns, nor does she go to USC, nor do I live in Bay Shore. I can't see how a total of 21 points against 49 given up is successful. Yeah it's nice to see a L.I. team get into the tournament, but in true Y.J. fashion your bragging when it's mostly smoke and mirrors. I remember not to long ago seeing Y.J. parents dismiss Towson as a second rate school with a second rate program, and that may be true, but YJU is just as second rate, mainly because Towson is the only team YJU has been able to beat in tourney, Being dispatched by the real best team in N.Y. last year and Maryland twice. I'll be a lot happier with Mr. Yellow Jacket when he takes any player from Long Island that isn't from his master C.R. Please don't give me that crap about Y.J. having the best players, all clubs have good players, believe it or not even clubs from outside L.I.

What are you talking about? He did take a non YJ player from LI. The first 2018 TG recruit is going to SB. Maybe she's a spy infiltrating the evil YJ/SB empire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say it seems like a good defensive game holding duke to 9 and MD to 8. Then you admit to not seeing game. Well thats obvious because it certainly was not their defense that held those teams to low score wins. It was a brutal to watch offensive stall to slow the game down so they didnt get smoked. You can add in same tactic to florida or any other true top 20 team they face. By avoiding big score differential losses, it appears to some they can hang with the top programs, in reality they cannot. Not bashing, just helping you understand what is going on. Not a fan at all of this offensive stall, especially when the team stalling is losing. The teams that scheduled against them are not happy with this tactic either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? He did take a non YJ player from LI. The first 2018 TG recruit is going to SB. Maybe she's a spy infiltrating the evil YJ/SB empire.
the first in 3 years, every girl except 1 on the roster now came from Y.J.,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA all American Top gun kid heading to SB next year from Hauppaugue HS. Next theory please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sb's top player was heading to Adelphi w JS and followed him to SB she never played travel just HS. You can hate on SB and JS truth is that program was the bottom of the barrel in D1 before. This is according to SB website his 4th year which would give him roughly 2 recruiting classes of his own recruits. The turnaround has been refreshing on LI. Hopefully SS gets Hofstra going as well be great for our kids to have great local programs. We should all want that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA all American Top gun kid heading to SB next year from Hauppaugue HS. Next theory please
Man Carol must be pissed. Don't know why this fact pisses you Y.J. people off so much, isn't this exactly what you "better" people wanted, a college team 90%+ of Y.J's. hows that a bad thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say it seems like a good defensive game holding duke to 9 and MD to 8. Then you admit to not seeing game. Well thats obvious because it certainly was not their defense that held those teams to low score wins. It was a brutal to watch offensive stall to slow the game down so they didnt get smoked. You can add in same tactic to florida or any other true top 20 team they face. By avoiding big score differential losses, it appears to some they can hang with the top programs, in reality they cannot. Not bashing, just helping you understand what is going on. Not a fan at all of this offensive stall, especially when the team stalling is losing. The teams that scheduled against them are not happy with this tactic either

The more you post the more your ignorance shows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked pretty good to me and if inside lacrosse is sending people to cover SB must look good to them Thanks for the link not enough of this for women's lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one exception is from MD (1),FL (1) or NJ (2)??? Which color YJ team did the others play for? Girl from Hills played for Team Hills/91 as well...

Please stop the madness!!! JS is going to take anyone that will help him and SBU win. Would he love to win a National Championship with only LI talent, sure... If not, he will take whomever helps him win! Winning helps him sell himself and the program.

If/when he leaves, he will take some of those same players with him if he can!

Can't everyone just root for successful LI colleges... it's a great way to keep some of top talent here on LI...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one exception is from MD (1),FL (1) or NJ (2)??? Which color YJ team did the others play for? Girl from Hills played for Team Hills/91 as well...

Please stop the madness!!! JS is going to take anyone that will help him and SBU win. Would he love to win a National Championship with only LI talent, sure... If not, he will take whomever helps him win! Winning helps him sell himself and the program.

If/when he leaves, he will take some of those same players with him if he can!

Can't everyone just root for successful LI colleges... it's a great way to keep some of top talent here on LI...

Don't confuse everybody with facts! So much easier to state your case when you can just make stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You have no idea what you are talking about, academic status ? Hofstra is not close to having the academic status of Stony Brook. Feel free to look at any legit ranking and Hofstra not near top 100 University. Academically Stony Brook is miles ahead of Hofstra.

Stony Brook' academic status is based on a small part of the school (medical); applying for any other part of the University is not difficult. It may come in time as the SUNY system was never advertised out of state like other state university systems. What really hurts Hofstra, from a recruiting point, is where it located. As for one being miles ahead of the other, not true.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Do you actually think he refuses to recruit from any other source? If you are a good player he does not care what club you play for , as a matter of fact his most likely top recruit thus far did not play travel at all.

He doesn't refuse to recruit from another source but he does not emphasize recruiting outside of LI. He doesn't have to as he will always be successful in his conference with the players he gets. Stony Brook is not an easy sell to students outside the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At a Glance
Student Population: 11,023
Undergraduate Population: 6,893
Student to Faculty Ratioa: 14
Total Annual Costc: $54,289
In-State Tuitionc: $37,400
Out-of-State Tuitionc: $37,400
Percent on Financial Aidd: 97%
Percent Admittede: 59%
SAT Composite Rangef: 1070-1260
ACT Composite Rangef: 23-28

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#169 in Research Universities
#155 in the Northeast

Forbes Financial Grade: C+

Real impressive bald bear , you must have Hofstra confused with some other school as their academic standing is not close to SB. I believe SB acceptance rate is in the 39% area with out of state being much more difficult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News & World Report has SB at number 88 nationally compared to Hofstra at number 135...I would not put them worlds apart and I would think tuition costs could play a factor in rankings (in state SB - $7.8K and Hofstra $38K). SB is a strong Math & science school and Hofstra bigger in accounting & communications. SB is a better economic choice...IMO

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

Real impressive bald bear , you must have Hofstra confused with some other school as their academic standing is not close to SB. I believe SB acceptance rate is in the 39% area with out of state being much more difficult.

US News has Stony Brook #88 and Hofstra #135.

Forbes has Stony Brook at #249. SAT Composite and ACT composite skewer a bit higher, but Stony Brook has a much larger pre-med curricula than Hofstra. Forbes does not grade Stony Brook.

All I'm saying is both schools, for the student looking to play lacrosse, are comparable. The original question posed was Stony Brook's lack of recruiting outside of LI and one key is the school does is not attractive to students outside of this area. The coach knows this and recruits based on his strength, which is local girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He doesn't refuse to recruit from another source but he does not emphasize recruiting outside of LI. He doesn't have to as he will always be successful in his conference with the players he gets. Stony Brook is not an easy sell to students outside the area.

Not an easy sell for LI kids either. Campus makes you feel like a foreigner in your own backyard. Not a big fan of Hofstra either. SB gets the edge due to low tuition. You can throw in Adelphi, Post, Dowling as options. No schools on LI are setting the academic or lacrosse world on fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an easy sell for LI kids either. Campus makes you feel like a foreigner in your own backyard. Not a big fan of Hofstra either. SB gets the edge due to low tuition. You can throw in Adelphi, Post, Dowling as options. No schools on LI are setting the academic or lacrosse world on fire.

On the lacrosse front, if you run a successful program, you will attract talented player. There are plenty of kids that want to stay here on LI. Parents still want to watch them play. Unfortunately, the colleges are what they are. I believe Hofstra is opening some type of medical program in the near future. It's still located where it's located... Stony Brook could help themselves by improving the overall asthetics/looks of the campus/dorms. It looks too much like an institution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

Forbes has Stony Brook at #249. SAT Composite and ACT composite skewer a bit higher, but Stony Brook has a much larger pre-med curricula than Hofstra. Forbes does not grade Stony Brook.

All I'm saying is both schools, for the student looking to play lacrosse, are comparable. The original question posed was Stony Brook's lack of recruiting outside of LI and one key is the school does is not attractive to students outside of this area. The coach knows this and recruits based on his strength, which is local girls.

" Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically."

The above is why no one can take your posts seriously. When you say its a fact and are proven to be completely wrong you just act like you never said it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education at SB buts its a horrible fragmented dreary campus with a very diverse mix of foreign students. If its just about education, lacrosse and price its a slam dunk. If its about a cool campus feel and life, SB isn't on the top of the list.

The big thing is that even if you only get about $7,500 for lax, you are getting a top education for less than $10k a year.

These $60,000 schools aren't coming close the affordability and education that SB offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education at SB buts its a horrible fragmented dreary campus with a very diverse mix of foreign students. If its just about education, lacrosse and price its a slam dunk. If its about a cool campus feel and life, SB isn't on the top of the list.

The big thing is that even if you only get about $7,500 for lax, you are getting a top education for less than $10k a year.

These $60,000 schools aren't coming close the affordability and education that SB offers

Is this a Stony Brook Threads or an NCAA womens Lacrosse thread? Thought there was more than on School in the NCAA>

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Is this a Stony Brook Threads or an NCAA womens Lacrosse thread? Thought there was more than on School in the NCAA>

Good point.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

Wow, first not "YJ" and now this! Boring!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Good point.

There's a whole world of NCAA teams and schools out there. In case you thought there was only the YJ's and Stony Brook. Give it a try. Discussing only one club and one college is BORING. Good luck.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the s.b.u talk might have to do with it being the bigest local college in the area. if this board was in ohio the chances are that s.b.u would not be mentioned. its not all about you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

There's a whole world of NCAA teams and schools out there. In case you thought there was only the YJ's and Stony Brook. Give it a try. Discussing only one club and one college is BORING. Good luck.

That's where you are wrong, the discussion has been SB and Hofstra, YJ and TG.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
all the s.b.u talk might have to do with it being the bigest local college in the area. if this board was in ohio the chances are that s.b.u would not be mentioned. its not all about you

It's not all about who?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

At a Glance

Forbes Lists

#451 Overall
#310 in Private Colleges
#155 in the Northeast

" Stony Brook doesn't have the academic status that many schools can offer a student athlete; in fact Hofstra might be in a
better position academically."

The above is why no one can take your posts seriously. When you say its a fact and are proven to be completely wrong you just act like you never said it.

If your student is going to be a doctor Stony Brook would be your choice. For the business major, communications, etc Hofstra would be your choice. Tuition is also a factor. I have help place students in many schools, including Stony Brook. It all depends on what they are planning to study. Again, we lost sight of what the thread was about (which I admit I influenced), which is the Stony Brook coach does not put much effort to recruit outside of this area. Be careful of lists--Forbes has Williams College as #1. Fantastic school but definitely not for everyone. It does have a good D3 lacrosse team in the ultra-competitive NESCAC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to SBU (vs Drexel) and Hofstra (vs Maryland) this weekend.

If you get a chance, go see Maryland play this weekend at Hofstra, take your girls, they are truly amazing to watch live.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you get a chance, go see Maryland play this weekend at Hofstra, take your girls, they are truly amazing to watch live.

Girls would rather be home warm and texting, only us parents care, just like only us parents care which club color team they play on.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Girls would rather be home warm and texting, only us parents care, just like only us parents care which club color team they play on.

You couldn't be more wrong. I would think most competitive girls lax players would want to see these amazing athletes compete at the highest level.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be more wrong. I would think most competitive girls lax players would want to see these amazing athletes compete at the highest level.

I would lean more toward the original comment. My teenage daughter plays competitive sports year-round and has very little interest in watching others play - especially outside in the cold this time of year and when she doesn't know any of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with HOP, my girls are very excited to go wherever and whenever to see the elite teams play. They certainly care what team they play on and what color. Face the elite player are laced up on every level and beg to go to this stuff.

I would lean more toward the original comment. My teenage daughter plays competitive sports year-round and has very little interest in watching others play - especially outside in the cold this time of year and when she doesn't know any of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our high school playoff game got about 5 girls to watch from the youth program and the players were their COACHES!!!. I agree that only parents care. I will watch any game anywhere, my kids and their friends (even though they play very competitive sports at a high level) could care less. 90% of the kids there this weekend will be dragged by their parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 12year old and her friends are begging me to take them to Hofstra on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland only had attendance of 220 vs William and Mary and 1100 vs UNC.

Hofstra had 856 for their only home game and 239 and 130 at their away games.

Stony Brook vs USC had 200 people

Northwestern USC had 470 people

After football and basketball attendance falls off a cliff. If they get 1,000 people I bet they will be thrilled. We will see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you've got nothing else going on..Go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our high school playoff game got about 5 girls to watch from the youth program and the players were their COACHES!!!. I agree that only parents care. I will watch any game anywhere, my kids and their friends (even though they play very competitive sports at a high level) could care less. 90% of the kids there this weekend will be dragged by their parents

Not sure the town you are from, my town also went far into the playoffs (for a few years now). The youth program attended in large numbers. The players were also their coaches.

Sorry if your town dosnt follow our girls do. Lets see who goes Saturday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 856 for hofstra a home game was combined gate w men double header
Lucky to get 500 tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bryant. vs. Manhattan. 1:00 pm
Coastal Carolina. vs. Jacksonville1:00 pm
Cornell. vs. Albany. 2:00 pm
Delaware. vs. Rutgers. 1:00 pm
Delaware State. vs. Wilmington. 11:00 am
Denver. vs. Louisville. 1:00 pm
Duquesne. vs. Marquette. 11:30 am
Florida. vs. Dartmouth. 1:00 pm
Georgetown. vs. Princeton. 3:00 pm
High Point. vs. UMBC. 2:00 pm
Hofstra. vs. Maryland. 1:00 pm
Holy Cross. vs. Massachusetts. 11:00 am
Howard. vs. Robert Morris. 1:00 pm
Lehigh. vs. Fairfield. 1:00 pm
Liberty. vs. Richmond. 1:00 pm
Loyola. vs. James Madison. 5:00 pm
Michigan. vs. St. Bonaventure. 4:00 pm
Monmouth. vs. Towson. 1:00 pm
Navy. vs. William & Mary. 12:00 pm
North Carolina. vs. Northwestern. 12:00 pm
Ohio State. vs. Stanford. 12:00 pm
Oregon. vs. San Diego State. 12:00 pm
Penn State. vs. Virginia. 3:00 pm
Quinnipiac. vs. Binghamton. 1:00 pm
Stony Brook. vs. Drexel. 3:00 pm
Syracuse. vs. Boston College. 12:00 pm (ESPN 3)
Temple. vs. Lafayette. 1:00 pm
Vermont. vs. Marist. 11:00 am
Villanova vs. Bucknell. 3:30 pm

Home team is listed first. Games at neutral sites are in italics.
When times are shown, they are local to the site of the game.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#6 Boston College upsets #2 Syracuse 10-9 at the Carrier Dome

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#1 Maryland defeats Hofstra 14-6 at Hofstra.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A very surprising game attendance of only 297 today. That is really weak no matter how you try and spin it. A shame because Maryland is a great team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A very surprising game attendance of only 297 today. That is really weak no matter how you try and spin it. A shame because Maryland is a great team

Lol. "Anonymous attendance wizard" is so concerned with the games attendance numbers. Why are you posting several times with attendance figures? How about the hard work and toughness these women show playing on this horrible weather. I agree with Hop that the girls probably do in fact want to go!! And they should.
Enough with your attendance posts dude. We all thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Lol. "Anonymous attendance wizard" is so concerned with the games attendance numbers. Why are you posting several times with attendance figures? How about the hard work and toughness these women show playing on this horrible weather. I agree with Hop that the girls probably do in fact want to go!! And they should.
Enough with your attendance posts dude. We all thank you.

Seriously. You know who draws crowds? Football and men's basketball. Every other collegiate sport doesn't see crowds like that. Maybe during playoffs if a team is doing well, but otherwise it isn't happening. This is why many college teams require their members to attend the sporting events of other teams at the school. Parents and friends go to these games, and sometimes some local youth programs especially if they're going to participate in some half-time event or be ball girls, then you get their family members too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's 297 that got to see the best women's team in the nation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To anyone that went, was Hofstra ever in it? Who would be more pleased today with their effort Maryland or Hofstra?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
To anyone that went, was Hofstra ever in it? Who would be more pleased today with their effort Maryland or Hofstra?

TEAM COMPARISON
HOFS STAT MD
19 Shots 32
14 ShOnGoal 20
6 Saves 8
11 DrawCntrls 11
0-2 FPG-FPS 5-7
11 DrawCntrls 11
22 Fouls 15
11 GrndBalls 10
13-18 Clears 20-20
15 Turnovers 12
9 Caused TOs 7

That's a cut/paste that didn't paste prettily but you can figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Looks like a good showing for Hofstra against the #1 team in the nation.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
#17 Stony Brook beat unranked Drexel (1-3) 8-4 at LaValle Stadium.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry powder but Hofstra was never in it. Got there about % min in and it was 4-1. As far as "The Hop" goes I don't know what a good showing is, but the Terps were up by 10 with less then 10 min. left and the Terps changed goalies, and pulled out all starters, and even with that they only put in 2. Then shot up to Stony Brook and caught the second half vs. Drexel. Very unimpressed with the "best team in N.Y" as I have read on this site. When I got there it was about 3 min. in the second S.B. up 4-1. The dragons pulled to within 3 but the Sea Wolves thuggery was able to beat any life from them. Can't wait for N.D. to hand them a bating.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't apologize to me, I didn't offer any commentary, only part of a box score.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
My comment simply meant that statistically Hofstra was not embarrassed and was at least competitive with the #1 team in the nation. Since you admittedly don't know what a "good showing" means its that.
I appreciate your time and effort to catch these two games and report back to us. Was a Se-Port Deli sandwich part of the day at least?? I hope so, you deserve it!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry powder but Hofstra was never in it. Got there about % min in and it was 4-1. As far as "The Hop" goes I don't know what a good showing is, but the Terps were up by 10 with less then 10 min. left and the Terps changed goalies, and pulled out all starters, and even with that they only put in 2. Then shot up to Stony Brook and caught the second half vs. Drexel. Very unimpressed with the "best team in N.Y" as I have read on this site. When I got there it was about 3 min. in the second S.B. up 4-1. The dragons pulled to within 3 but the Sea Wolves thuggery was able to beat any life from them. Can't wait for N.D. to hand them a bating.

Is the Thugery comment a shot at the YJ players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the SB v ND game next Tuesday night. Teams played an 8-7 game last year should be a fun local game

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Is the Thugery comment a shot at the YJ players?

YJs are not in "attendance" if you know what I mean.
This is not the YJ thread. Go there to start arguments please.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment simply meant that statistically Hofstra was not embarrassed and was at least competitive with the #1 team in the nation. Since you admittedly don't know what a "good showing" means its that.
I appreciate your time and effort to catch these two games and report back to us. Was a Se-Port Deli sandwich part of the day at least?? I hope so, you deserve it!!
Thats right Hop you are far more clever , and smarter than I . Judging by a stat sheet and all. Great showing by Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Thats right Hop you are far more clever , and smarter than I . Judging by a stat sheet and all. Great showing by Hofstra

I'm glad you agree.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad you agree.
i

If you look at the final stats/score, you may think it was a good showing, but you would be wrong. Powerhouse teams will handle blowout mis matches differently. Give credit to MD for their good sportsmanship because that game could have been 25-2 final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

TEAM COMPARISON
HOFS STAT MD
19 Shots 32
14 ShOnGoal 20
6 Saves 8
11 DrawCntrls 11
0-2 FPG-FPS 5-7
11 DrawCntrls 11
22 Fouls 15
11 GrndBalls 10
13-18 Clears 20-20
15 Turnovers 12
9 Caused TOs 7

To me The interesting stat above is draw controls: Taylor Cummings is a force on draws, apparently Hofstra was able to match her. I wasn't there can anyone who saw the game comment

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

TEAM COMPARISON
HOFS STAT MD
19 Shots 32
14 ShOnGoal 20
6 Saves 8
11 DrawCntrls 11
0-2 FPG-FPS 5-7
11 DrawCntrls 11
22 Fouls 15
11 GrndBalls 10
13-18 Clears 20-20
15 Turnovers 12
9 Caused TOs 7

To me The interesting stat above is draw controls: Taylor Cummings is a force on draws, apparently Hofstra was able to match her. I wasn't there can anyone who saw the game comment

If you look at the rest of the box score, which you can find on Hoftra's site, you will see MD subbed in their bench, so presumably TC was not taking all the draws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra was outstanding battling MD on draw. That's said could of been a bigger blowout . Maryland was very very kind

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark your calendars, April 21 is Hofstra vs Stony Brook, at hofstra. Should be a great local battle hopefully with warmer weather to boot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both programs are doing a great job of bringing relevant college lacrosse to LI. Great for our kids

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mark your calendars, April 21 is Hofstra vs Stony Brook, at hofstra. Should be a great local battle hopefully with warmer weather to boot.

AMEN to warmer weather! I am so over this snow and cold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you stop it the Hop looked at the box scores and said Hofstra did well. Who do you think you are to question such a lacrosse master as he

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
No. 5 Duke Cruises Past Notre Dame With Ease 17-3.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. 5 Duke Cruises Past Notre Dame With Ease 17-3.

Bad loss for ND!

Watctch out, if they lose to SB, they could drop from top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be because there are only 3 YJ on roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times does a big school with a coast to coast schedule fly during the season? How do the girls at a school like Northwestern do it? Seems like they might never be in class in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a stat to look up what HS or district has the most College D1 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a stat to look up what HS or district has the most College D1 players.

McDonough I would guess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the behind the back shot by Fortunato showboating or smart? Also, in the recruiting process seems like the go to he goal/charge girls are sought out before the feeders. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the behind the back shot by Fortunato showboating or smart? Also, in the recruiting process seems like the go to he goal/charge girls are sought out before the feeders. Thoughts?

I would agree and so would their parents especially when they back out and reset multiple times without passing. Lots of D1 coaches like selfish drivers which feeds the beast at the club level. Everyone thinks they can teach passing but going to the cage is tougher

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches want the players who can do both, plus play hard pressure ride/defense. There are plenty of complete package girls at the D1 level. They will also pick up those other one dimensional players and get production out of them, but obviously would prefer a player who can get it done on all fronts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I would agree and so would their parents especially when they back out and reset multiple times without passing. Lots of D1 coaches like selfish drivers which feeds the beast at the club level. Everyone thinks they can teach passing but going to the cage is tougher

Yes, I agree. Sad, but true, and in all sports, not just lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches want the players who can do both, plus play hard pressure ride/defense. There are plenty of complete package girls at the D1 level. They will also pick up those other one dimensional players and get production out of them, but obviously would prefer a player who can get it done on all fronts.

Congrats to Bay Shore's Kyra Harney. Scored her second hat trick of her Freshman season!!! After lumping up Notre Dame last week and beating VATech, Duke on a roll early this season...

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Saturday, March 7, 2015
D1 Womens games.

Albany. vs. Central Connecticut12:00 pm
Boston College. vs. Notre Dame1:00 pm
Boston University. vs. American1:00 pm
Brown. vs. Penn1:00 pm
Bryant. vs. Siena1:00 pm
Colgate. vs. Holy Cross12:00 pm
Connecticut. vs. Rutgers1:00 pm
Dartmouth. vs. Princeton12:00 pm
Davidson. vs. Saint Francis1:00 pm
Florida. vs. Niagara1:00 pm
Georgetown. vs. Towson3:00 pm
Harvard. vs. Columbia3:00 pm
Kennesaw State. vs. La Salle4:00 pm
Lafayette. vs. Navy1:00 pm
Louisville. vs. William & Mary1:00 pm
Loyola. vs. Penn State1:00 pm
Maryland. vs. Syracuse2:00 pm
Mercer. vs. LIU Brooklyn5:00 pm
Mount St. Mary's. vs. Furman12:00 pm
North Carolina. vs. Virginia2:30 pm
Northwestern. vs. Colorado12:00 pm
Sacred Heart. vs. Binghamton2:00 pm
Saint Joseph's. vs. Longwood12:00 pm
STONY BROOK. vs. VILLANOVA 1:00 pm ***At SB***
Winthrop. vs. Vermont1:00 pm
Yale. vs. Cornell11:00 am

Home team is listed first.

Last edited by The Hop; .

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
The Nike/LM Top 20 will be updated each Monday throughout the season and is determined by the staff of Lacrosse Magazine.

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nike/LM Top 20 will be updated each Monday throughout the season and is determined by the staff of Lacrosse Magazine.

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

When does the first top 100 ranking come out?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

All schools are ranked by LaxPower.com. Go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

what teams have LI girls helping their schools rise in the rankings

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

Do you really pick a school by their lacrosse ranking by some website or by their academic standings listed by Time or US News?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

Laxpower is not an official ranking organization. They report the weekly IWLCA rankings and have a weekly forum poll. Some of the voters on the forum polls are extremely knowledgeable, some are complete homer kooks. They also have a computer ranking system which tries to compensate for win, loss, strength of schedule, quality wins,etc... As you know stats don't tell the story so the computer rankings are often sketchy at best. But it is a good site especially for a game by game breakdown of all relevant teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

Do you really pick a school by their lacrosse ranking by some website or by their academic standings listed by Time or US News?

We all know lacrosse parents in this day and age that after paying 10 years to be on some clubs C team that their kid is going to play in college even if its $60,000 per year and at a school that you only need an 800 SAT for admission.
Get a tutor and get those grades up and then pick a top academic school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

1 Maryland
2 Duke
3 North Carolina
4 Boston College
5 Syracuse
6 Northwestern
7 Florida
8 Virginia
9 Stanford
10 Louisville
11 Princeton
12 Penn St.
13 Ohio St.
14 Stony Brook
15 Penn
16 James Madison
17 Delaware
18 Denver
19 Massachusetts
20 Albany

Neither

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
NCAA/IWLCA Womens D1 Rankings.

RA SCHOOL REC
1 Maryland (20) 5-0
2 North Carolina 6-1
3 Boston College 6-0
4 Duke 7-0
5 Florida 6-1
6 Syracuse 5-2
7 Northwestern 4-2
8 Virginia 3-3
9 Penn State 4-1
10 Princeton 4-0
11 Stanford 4-0
12 Louisville 5-0
13 Pennsylvania 4-0
14 Ohio State 6-1
15 James Madison 5-1
16 Loyola (Md.) 1-4
17 Notre Dame 3-3
18 Stony Brook 3-0
19 Delaware 5-1
20 Johns Hopkins 3-2

Also receiving votes: Massachusetts, Navy, Albany, Denver, Towson.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the bragging and criticizing that is done on this site about club teams and college choices I found this to be enlightening. Its Payscale.com list of best return on investment (R.O.I) of12,00 + colleges

http://www.payscale.com/college-roi/

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Stony Brook 9. Notre Dame 5. FINAL

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gota say congrats to S.B. . Never thought they could do it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You never thought ..." WHY? Notre Dame is mediocre at best. They beat Detroit, Cincinnati and California (all low tier D1) and got crushed by Duke 17-3 and Boston College 15-6. Stony Brook should have won. Especially if they want to be considered a top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the bragging and criticizing that is done on this site about club teams and college choices I found this to be enlightening. Its Payscale.com list of best return on investment (R.O.I) of12,00 + colleges

But CR told me I should look at a school ranked 800+ hmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta say you must he an idiot if you never saw SB beating ND. Pay attention moron.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Forbes does a similar style ranking (or at least uses ROI as a component).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Gotta say you must he an idiot if you never saw SB beating ND. Pay attention moron.

Notre Dame looks a bit lost right now. However you can't take away the effort by Stony Brook tonight. Who challenges them in their conference?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NCAA/IWLCA Womens D1 Rankings.

RA SCHOOL REC
1 Maryland (20) 5-0
2 North Carolina 6-1
3 Boston College 6-0
4 Duke 7-0
5 Florida 6-1
6 Syracuse 5-2
7 Northwestern 4-2
8 Virginia 3-3
9 Penn State 4-1
10 Princeton 4-0
11 Stanford 4-0
12 Louisville 5-0
13 Pennsylvania 4-0
14 Ohio State 6-1
15 James Madison 5-1
16 Loyola (Md.) 1-4
17 Notre Dame 3-3
18 Stony Brook 3-0
19 Delaware 5-1
20 Johns Hopkins 3-2

Also receiving votes: Massachusetts, Navy, Albany, Denver, Towson.

How about a shout out for the D2 & D3 rankings as well. Plenty of LI girls on these teams as well.

1 Adelphi (19) 3-0 399 1
2 Lock Haven (1) 1-0 369 2
3 Lindenwood 3-0 347 3
4 LeMoyne 3-0 328 7
5 Limestone 6-0 303 5
6 New Haven 2-0 285 6
7 Florida Southern 6-1 279 8
8 LIU-Post 2-1 267 4
9 Mercyhurst 1-1 232 9
10 St. Anslem 1-0 214 10
11 Stonehill 3-0 204 12
12 West Chester 1-0 181 13
13 Rollins 5-2 156 15
14 Queens (N.C.) 4-2 143 11
15 Regis (Colo.) 2-2 80 16
16 Dowling 2-2 70 14
17 Pfeiffer 3-2 55 17
18 Mount Olive 7-2 54 NR
19 Belmont Abbey 4-1 50 NR
20 Indiana (Pa.) 0-1 46 18
Dropped out: No. 19 Seton Hill, No. 20 Bloomsburg.

Also receiving votes: Seton Hill, Bentley, Lenoir-Rhyne, Bloomsburg, Grand Valley State, Assumption.

Franklin & Marshall (6) 4-0 374 4
T1 Gettysburg (4) 2-0 374 3
3 SUNY Cortland (9) 0-0 368 2
4 Tufts 2-0 319 6
5 Bowdoin 3-0 305 12
6 TCNJ 1-0 282 7
7 Amherst 2-1 281 1
8 Trinity (Conn.) 2-1 251 9
9 Middlebury 1-1 247 10
10 Washington & Lee 4-1 195 14
11 Colby 2-1 189 5
12 [lacrosse] 3-1 176 13
13 SUNY Geneseo 0-0 161 11
14 Catholic 2-0 157 15
15 Hamilton 3-0 127 NR
16 Salisbury 1-2 108 8
17 St. John Fisher 1-1 76 17
18 Ithaca 1-1 61 18
19 Williams 1-2 52 16
20 Stevenson 1-3 44 19
Also receiving votes: Dickinson, Mary, St. Mary's (Md.), Mount Union, Denison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree feel like people on these boards want the girls that choose to play home to do poorly. Successful Long Island college play on D1D2 and D3 is great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a very good division III mens lacrosse school that would every year game scrimmage top Division 1 and often beat them or the very least play them even. There are a few DIII mens schools that fit this bill. For example if Salisbury/Cortland/Stevenson/Tufts etc played a 10-20 ranked team they would be able to compete better than a lot of the D1 level teams would

I am curious is the quality of DIII girls lacrosse the same? Could College of NJ, Salisbury, Gettysburg compete with a 10 20 ranked D1 women's team?

What about D2 Adelphi?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to a very good division III mens lacrosse school that would every year game scrimmage top Division 1 and often beat them or the very least play them even. There are a few DIII mens schools that fit this bill. For example if Salisbury/Cortland/Stevenson/Tufts etc played a 10-20 ranked team they would be able to compete better than a lot of the D1 level teams would

I am curious is the quality of DIII girls lacrosse the same? Could College of NJ, Salisbury, Gettysburg compete with a 10 20 ranked D1 women's team?

What about D2 Adelphi?

Yes they could. But some Parents of Girls who play in that 10 -20 range will not agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be getting ahead of yourself with the disparaging comments. Lets really take a look at what S.B. has done so far.
- A win vs. U.S.C. by 3 (7-4) , A good win over a mediocre team expected to do better, but by no way a dominating win.
-A win vs. Drexel by 4 (8-4) A team with a losing record (1-5) with a lot of tight games, and an Identical loss to Princeton the only other ranked team they played
-A convincing win vs. Villanova (13-6)
-Last nights win over a spiraling N.D.
All at home
There upcoming schedule only has 3 top 20 teams Florida, the Hop,
- 34th toughest schedule
Not exactly a powerhouse, Barely beating mediocre teams with mediocre scores makes you top of the mediocre heap, for now, lets see what happens next before we start calling each other names, and pounding our chest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older daughter played at Adelphi under JS and they would play top D1 teams every fall and show very well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has two losses SB by three and Nortwestern in OT. Nationwide scores have been low scoring due to frigid temperatures . InD1 athletics a win is a win by 1 or 20 An America East state school beating an ACC school w top talent is a great win. I don't think anyone's saying they should be #1 but it is great . I agree the name calling is ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be getting ahead of yourself with the disparaging comments. Lets really take a look at what S.B. has done so far.
- A win vs. U.S.C. by 3 (7-4) , A good win over a mediocre team expected to do better, but by no way a dominating win.
-A win vs. Drexel by 4 (8-4) A team with a losing record (1-5) with a lot of tight games, and an Identical loss to Princeton the only other ranked team they played
All at home
- 34th toughest schedule
Not exactly a powerhouse, Barely beating mediocre teams with mediocre scores makes you top of the mediocre heap, for now, lets see what happens next before we start calling each other names, and pounding our chest.

How about shutting up! Your not that important so go away and get a new hobby. Your SB bashing makes you look like a pathetic idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All at home
- 34th toughest schedule

In D1 sports, there are no moral victories...Your record is what it says it is and you can only beat who you play.

The game would have been more lopsided if JS didn't have the girls stalling close to the restraining line the last 12 minutes. This caused them to allow two fast break goals. ND was soundly beaten on both ends of the field. ND had the edge on their fast breaks. Their settled offense was barely mediocre. Their pressure D got picked apart. SBU goalie, K.O.and T.R. were the stars of the game. The SBU team, as a whole, played a solid all around good game.

Last year the knock on SBU was their weak schedule. They have added some top teams to their schedule this year. Is it their fault the ND is having a bad year?

Nice win girls, go beat Florida and Jacksonville and shut more critics up!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should SB be ranked in the top ten, no,not yet. Are they a program moving in the right direction, yes. Are they a much improved team over when JS took over, absolutely. Can that be said about any other D1 program on Long Island , no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- This is mot a S.B. thread so no i will not go away
2- If it was a S.B. thread I still wouldn't go away
3- You want it both ways, You call me an Idiot because I didn't know N.D. was weak this year, but then tell me that beating "soundly" is a good win. you can't have it both ways.
3- J.S. sets all non-confrence games not the NCAA. I will say USC, and ND looked like good gets when the games came out
4-Florida will be very telling, J-ville not a good game if you wan't to be brag about being one of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should SB be ranked in the top ten, no,not yet. Are they a program moving in the right direction, yes. Are they a much improved team over when JS took over, absolutely. Can that be said about any other D1 program on Long Island , no.

Hofstra is better with Shannon coaching and she is attracting local talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi, Post and Top D3 programs could compete with D1 teams outside the top 20 and drill the teams at the bottom of D1 like LIU Brooklyn, MSM, St Francis, St Bonnie, St Mary, Stetson, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Howard, Del State etc. Just because these girls chose to go D2 or D3 doesn't mean they weren't capable to go big time D1. Don't be a hater. There is a place for everyone just like if you don't think many CLUB players could be on a varsity squad your nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game between SBU and. ND lat night and SBU defense is legit and their goalie played very well. If SBU hopes to have any chance against Florida they will have to play a much smarter game offensively. You can't have your best player shooting from way out without back up ,essentially just turning the ball over. And you better be able to put that stick in your off hand. Top teams like Florida will eat you alive if this continues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3- You want it both ways, You call me an Idiot because I didn't know N.D. was weak this year, but then tell me that beating "soundly" is a good win. you can't have it both ways.
3- J.S. sets all non-confrence games not the NCAA. I will say USC, and ND looked like good gets when the games came out
4-Florida will be very telling, J-ville not a good game if you wan't to be brag about being one of the best.

But can you count to 5??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What about D2 Adelphi?

Yes they could. But some Parents of Girls who play in that 10 -20 range will not agree.

The top 8 NESCAC schools (Trinity, Amherst, Colby, Bowdoin, Tufts, Bates, Williams and Hamilton), Salisbury, Cortland, Gettysburg, Franklin & Marshal, College of NJ can compete outside the top tier elite D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

Points #3 were equally important so it's a tie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to say ND isn't that good to take credit from SB who in this the 4th year went from being a laughingstock to being a legitimate top 15 team. Truth is ND has lost to all teams in top 20 two in the top 4 . Being non biased this seems like their are different hidden motives as the YJ supporters talk up SB while the Top Gun parents speak up Hofstra or bash SB. Actually pretty funny . Anyway a state school that is pretty much a new program beating a top program in the ACC is and will continue to be a big deal, as it would be if Hofstra had done it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't YJ have a pipeline to feed kids to ND?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame has a good number of LI players and top recruits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy to say ND isn't that good to take credit from SB who in this the 4th year went from being a laughingstock to being a legitimate top 15 team. Truth is ND has lost to all teams in top 20 two in the top 4 . Being non biased this seems like their are different hidden motives as the YJ supporters talk up SB while the Top Gun parents speak up Hofstra or bash SB. Actually pretty funny . Anyway a state school that is pretty much a new program beating a top program in the ACC is and will continue to be a big deal, as it would be if Hofstra had done it
Being the guy that started this I will say That I am neither a Y.J. or T.G. parent. You can not call stoney brook a new program when they have been around for 15+ years that is ridicules, you can say they are vastly improved since the hiring of J.S., this should and could prove that ANY team could become dangerous in a very short time span and no team should be dismissed. As far as the Y.J. not having a "pipeline" to N.D. , I must point out that 2015 blue is sending no less than 3 players to that school including the highest touted goalie and the second best offensive threat from that team. My problem with S.B. is that they play relatively easy schedules and brag about being the best, then get "shown the door" in the first or second round of tournament by true top tier teams. Win something besides a relatively easy (for now) America East Conference. How about a sound drubbing of an easy opponent, and not just slipping by with a 8-4 win at home. If you want to be seen as impressive be impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame is not as strong as it has been. They have gotten crushed by Duke and BC. SB beat them handily. Their offense is very limited. Their defense has gotten picked apart. They still have to play tough ACC opponents (UNC, Cuse, Louisville and UVA) plus Ohio State and Northwestern out of conference. Gonna be a long year for the Irish...

I see a coaching change there soon. Can't keep blaming the assistants.

SBU played a solid game. JS stalling caused it to be closer than it really was. Their D is the real deal and they have true playmakers on O. Wanna see how they do against teams that can challenge the D and put ball in the net. (i.e. FL and Northwestern).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Syracuse 14 Florida 13 in OT
BC 16 Louisville 15 in OT

There were some other games played in the last couple of days!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notre Dame is not as strong as it has been. They have gotten crushed by Duke and BC. SB beat them handily. Their offense is very limited. Their defense has gotten picked apart. They still have to play tough ACC opponents (UNC, Cuse, Louisville and UVA) plus Ohio State and Northwestern out of conference. Gonna be a long year for the Irish...

I see a coaching change there soon. Can't keep blaming the assistants.

SBU played a solid game. JS stalling caused it to be closer than it really was. Their D is the real deal and they have true playmakers on O. Wanna see how they do against teams that can challenge the D and put ball in the net. (i.e. FL and Northwestern).

If CR can ever sell yj that is where she's headed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you people are funny. A few years ago before JS was hired SB was losing games to Binghamton and Marist now in a relatively short amount of time they are making the NCAA tournament winning games and beating Quality teams while playing a quality schedule. Just like I'm sure SS will do at Hofstra in time. Btw was at the game Tuesday and yes the right thing to do late in a game w a lead is to possess the ball. Every lacrosse team does it these coaches are trying to win. Shooting causes turnovers which can lead to losing your lead and momentum. Many top YJ 2015 players are going to ND on top of the players already there. So yes A NY state school beating a ACC school is fantastic regardless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to Hofstra vs Hopkins Saturday Very similar game to SB ND I like Hofstra in this game to win. Love our locals playing these games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't binghampton be more competitive? Suny tuition, good school, in a hot bed of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Not a parent of a girl in the 10-20 D1 range but... The top D3 teams would get throttled by a 10-20 D1 team. If what you are asking is could they do as well or better than D1 teams 80-100 would do against them, yes they very well could. So the conclusion is the top D3 teams are as good or better than many of the worst D1 teams.

If you think a top D3 team could beat for instance number 12 ranked Louisville who just lost to #3 ranked BC 16-15 in OT, you just don't know women's lax. Same goes for Princeton, Penn, Ohio State etc etc.

I have a daughter at a good NESCAC school. She played club with girls that went D1 to some of the top 20 schools. They were significantly better than her and she plays and they general ride the bench. I think it's just not a realistic statement to say a D3 team would fair well against a top 20 D1 team.

And btw, Fall Ball is not a great measuring stick. So to the person that said Adelphi did well in the fall against some teams, come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Not a parent of a girl in the 10-20 D1 range but... The top D3 teams would get throttled by a 10-20 D1 team. If what you are asking is could they do as well or better than D1 teams 80-100 would do against them, yes they very well could. So the conclusion is the top D3 teams are as good or better than many of the worst D1 teams.

If you think a top D3 team could beat for instance number 12 ranked Louisville who just lost to #3 ranked BC 16-15 in OT, you just don't know women's lax. Same goes for Princeton, Penn, Ohio State etc etc.

I have a daughter at a good NESCAC school. She played club with girls that went D1 to some of the top 20 schools. They were significantly better than her and she plays and they general ride the bench. I think it's just not a realistic statement to say a D3 team would fair well against a top 20 D1 team.

And btw, Fall Ball is not a great measuring stick. So to the person that said Adelphi did well in the fall against some teams, come on.

Adelphi is a top D 2 school not D 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Very aware of that ... thanks. That's why I made the qualification "And to the person ..." What's your betting line on Adelphi vs. Louisville or Adelphi vs Ohio State? Fall ball statement was silly ...

Are the women at Adelphi very good lax players? Yes. Would they beat top 20 D1 teams, sorry, no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't binghampton be more competitive? Suny tuition, good school, in a hot bed of talent.

Binghamton is a very difficult school to get into. The toughest in the SUNY system. Many of the best lax players from LI who could get admitted, choose some other schools with a higher level of lax, a bigger name and bigger price tag. Look at kids going to Ivies, JHU,UND, Georgetown, BC, Nova. Better lax and a better school name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

Very aware of that ... thanks. That's why I made the qualification "And to the person ..." What's your betting line on Adelphi vs. Louisville or Adelphi vs Ohio State? Fall ball statement was silly ...

Are the women at Adelphi very good lax players? Yes. Would they beat top 20 D1 teams, sorry, no.

I Think D1 Parents hate to admit that their School could lose to a Top D2 team. That just burst My daughter plays D-1 Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about D2 Adelphi?

I Think D1 Parents hate to admit that their School could lose to a Top D2 team. That just burst My daughter plays D-1 Lacrosse.

Maybe, except that the comparison at the top 20 D-1 level is off base. I think you have a stronger argument in the bottom half of D1. I also think you have D2 parents who think their daughter should be playing D1 and have the opposite chip on their shoulder.

Here is a flimsy but real comparison for you. The U19 national team (so high schoolers, albeit the best ones) played both Rollins and Stetson this January. The scores were 17-1 against Rollins and 16-1 against Stetson. So fair to say Rollins equates to Stetson? approximately for arguments sake. Rollins is ranked 13th in D2. Stetson is at the very bottom of D1. There is your overlap. The top 15 or so D2 teams could play D1 day in and day out ... at the bottom of D1. Adelphi being ranked #1 right now, and beating Rollins 15-6, probably could compete more towards the middle of D1, in the 40-75 ranking area. There is, however, a huge leap from there in talent to the top 20.

Arguing Adelphi would be competitive w those teams is like arguing that the Yellow Jackets 2nd team could beat Blue. It is not really close, day in and day out. You should be proud of your daughter for accomplishing great goals by playing lax at a high level, going to college, and being a good person. It isn't the end all be all being at a top 20 D1 lax program. But lets not pretend they are not better teams. That just sounds like sour grapes when theree is no reason to feel that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess that the top women's D2 program would be ranked about #50 in D1 and the top D3 program would be ranked about #70

Top teams in both D2 and D3 would handle the LIU Brooklyn's of the world pretty easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

If the accusations are true then the situation at UMBC is completely unacceptable. However, I think we have learned from the Duke scandal that sometimes everything we read or see on the news may not be true. I hope the investigation concludes soon and action by the administration taken accordingly.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the accusations are true then the situation at UMBC is completely unacceptable. However, I think we have learned from the Duke scandal that sometimes everything we read or see on the news may not be true. I hope the investigation concludes soon and action by the administration taken accordingly.

I met Tony Giro back when my daughter was being recruited... Seemed like a straight shooter. Sorry he has to deal with this bs.

I hope the program is able to endure. It wasn't a fit for my daughter but is good for many. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I met Tony Giro back when my daughter was being recruited... Seemed like a straight shooter. Sorry he has to deal with this bs.

I hope the program is able to endure. It wasn't a fit for my daughter but is good for many. Good luck!

I find the accused athletes' words alarming. I am not sure how this could turn out positive for any of the suspended team members. Social media has their words and they are damning for sure. I admire the coach for doing the right thing. I am not sure why the university has not suspended them while they investigate. I would be worried if I was a parent of one of the freshman girls they were targeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking beyond LI teams, looks like the stranglehold on the top five for so many years is starting to unravel. Maryland strong as ever, cuse starting to stumble. Florida, NW and NC showing considerable weakness, Duke rising. Other than MD the gap seems to be closing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking beyond LI teams, looks like the stranglehold on the top five for so many years is starting to unravel. Maryland strong as ever, cuse starting to stumble. Florida, NW and NC showing considerable weakness, Duke rising. Other than MD the gap seems to be closing.

UNC showing considerable weakness?? I would say they are the clear number 2 behind MD.

You also failed to mention BC's rise. BC, btw, has one of the best freshmen in the country who hasn't stepped on the field yet because she also happens to be one of the best freshman hockey players in the country.

In reality, there is some shuffling around in the top 5/7, but not too much new blood at the top of the rankings. As far as NW goes, for them it is a rebuilding year, which is still top ten but boy do their freshman look good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC showing considerable weakness?? I would say they are the clear number 2 behind MD.

You also failed to mention BC's rise. BC, btw, has one of the best freshmen in the country who hasn't stepped on the field yet because she also happens to be one of the best freshman hockey players in the country.

In reality, there is some shuffling around in the top 5/7, but not too much new blood at the top of the rankings. As far as NW goes, for them it is a rebuilding year, which is still top ten but boy do their freshman look good.

UNC beat Towson in double OT. Towson barely beat Monmouth early in the season... I say there is room for debate in who is #2...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, 5 shining stars down at UMBC. Parents must be so proud of how they raised these Maryland darlings. Where's all the moms talking about YJ Thugball? Seems like easy red cards all around including the parents. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC beat Towson in double OT. Towson barely beat Monmouth early in the season... I say there is room for debate in who is #2...

Exactly the point. Just look at this weekend as an example, you have Towson giving UNC all they can handle, Syracuse barely squeaking by Harvard, Florida getting embarrassed. I will give NWest rookie comment the thumbs up, but they are as bad as they have been since the first or second year of them reentering D1. The point again, all these teams may be lingering near top 5, used to be the only team able to compete with top five was a top 5. Not anymore, the dominance is near gone. I think that's good for lacrosse. Do we really need to see NW or MD reel off ten championships in a row? I like to see the rise and fall of programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With more big name programs coming on line every year, the college scene is being diluted just like club programs.

The same thing has happened in Men's pro sports when they have expanded their team counts.

Championship uncertainty is great for all sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With more big name programs coming on line every year, the college scene is being diluted just like club programs.

The same thing has happened in Men's pro sports when they have expanded their team counts.

Championship uncertainty is great for all sports

Agreed the games are better and on any given day the competition is closer. Ultimately, though, anyone want to bet against Maryland winning this year? Going back to 1991 there have been only 5 programs to win a national championship, so I share your excitement around new blood. But 4 of those 5 teams are in the top ten (UNC, Maryland, NW, Virginia) and one is the odds on favorite to win it again. I'd like to see someone else win it, but MD looks dominant. Interested to see who wins the BC/UNC game this weekend as well. Women's lacrosse is definitely growing and that growth is making for interesting games week in and week out. But until someone other than the traditional powerhouses actually wins the whole thing, the game won't truly take the next step. Anyone have a bet as to who the next non-traditional powerhouse national championship winner will be?? And when??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who?
UMBC

When?
When they have enough players to field a team and a head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who?
UMBC

When?
When they have enough players to field a team and a head coach.

Don't think anyone should joke about that situation. It is a sad statement on all that is wrong with today's sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very detailed article about the UMBC women's program -

http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/um...ening-kill-freshmen-teammates/2015/03/14

The death threats may have been "text talk" but it sounds like the upper class man were intentionally trying to hurt the freshman in practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The current top 20-

Maryland (20) 7-0
2 North Carolina 8-1
3 Boston College 8-0
4 Duke 9-0
5 Syracuse 7-2
6 Florida 6-3
7 Northwestern 4-2
8 Virginia 4-4
9 Stanford 4-0
10 Louisville 5-2
11 Penn State 5-2
12 James Madison 7-1
13 Princeton 4-1
14 Penn 6-0 160
15 Ohio State 7-1
16 Loyola Maryland
17 Stony Brook 5-0
18 Notre Dame 4-4
19 Johns Hopkins 4-2
20 Albany 5-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The death threats may have been "text talk" but it sounds like the upper class man were intentionally trying to hurt the freshman in practice

this is an abc afternoon special.

Noone these days can just say let it go. How dumb can they be? I hop ethis is a lesson for all kids. Social media is a [lacrosse].

Where they meant it or not (not saying one way or the other). You just cant do that any more. You need to be careful with your figure of speech.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Noone these days can just say let it go. How dumb can they be? I hop ethis is a lesson for all kids. Social media is a [lacrosse].

Where they meant it or not (not saying one way or the other). You just cant do that any more. You need to be careful with your figure of speech.

Are you implying that the President of UMBC, the AD, Student Affairs staff, and the Coach should just "let it go"? Are you kidding me? Suppose that was your daughter being harassed, bullied, threatened and injured by a teammate. Would, you want them to just "let it go?" It was not a"figure of speech". These were blatant threats. Do you think that gang of girls in McDonald's in NY this week that attacked a complete stranger were just kidding? Unfortunately nowadays there are no boundaries and people often act on what, in the past, may have been innocent talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you implying that the President of UMBC, the AD, Student Affairs staff, and the Coach should just "let it go"? Are you kidding me? Suppose that was your daughter being harassed, bullied, threatened and injured by a teammate. Would, you want them to just "let it go?" It was not a"figure of speech". These were blatant threats. Do you think that gang of girls in McDonald's in NY this week that attacked a complete stranger were just kidding? Unfortunately nowadays there are no boundaries and people often act on what, in the past, may have been innocent talk.

No, what I was implying was how dumb can the girls be for doing this. If they didn't know then, they and others behind them will know how serious this stuff is to be taken.

I will say, I was not on campus or at practices to see how the girls reacted to each other to know the severity of this. But that unfortunately doesn't matter.

I am in favor of regardless of your skill you still need to respect the upper classmen. and yes, freshman need to earn for their space. I am not saying they get abused. But this society in general has lost sight of many things.

I put on the boys site a few weeks ago, I am in favor of the underclassmen shoveling the fields of snow I have one. Someone called it abuse. I am not sure where respect and working for things and someone calling it abuse ends.

I played college sports, as a freshman/Soph/Jr/Sr you hated some and you loved some others. Some for good reason other for stupid. Yes you always played a little harder for those you didn't like and let up when you could a little for those you liked. but, We didn't have cell phones or computers/ipad/iphone with apps with email and snap chat and stuff. We said, some wrote it on paper(if you were foolish). Now the stuff stays around forever. if you even meant a gesture in a moment of anger not to be taken out of context outside my circle of friends.. or a true threat you need to live

Not condoning what they did because I don't know the true situation. but times are different and I guess we all have to be a bit more on guard and cautious in this very litigious and wha wha society we now live in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU my friend is what is wrong with society today.
These were words typed in a group text format. No one was injured and no one murdered anyone. As a former college athlete I wanted to beat the crap out of team mates and coaches all the time. As did they. We talked about it when we were pissed off. We constantly told our competitors we were going to rip off their heads or break their arms. It happens all the time in sports and there is nothing wrong with it.
SHOULD WE ALL JOIN YOUR PEANUT ALERGY CLUB AND CANCEL ALL SPORTS AND HANG ALL THE COACHES AND ADs??!
This is all ridiculous. The players should have been spoken to by the coach and AD and that's it!!!!!
It's the NPR listening global warming freaks that cause all this hysteria. Bet you all never played a day of sports in your life either. Your all a bunch of inhaler sucking hypochondriacs that need to shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, what I was implying was how dumb can the girls be for doing this. If they didn't know then, they and others behind them will know how serious this stuff is to be taken.

I will say, I was not on campus or at practices to see how the girls reacted to each other to know the severity of this. But that unfortunately doesn't matter.

I am in favor of regardless of your skill you still need to respect the upper classmen. and yes, freshman need to earn for their space. I am not saying they get abused. But this society in general has lost sight of many things.

I put on the boys site a few weeks ago, I am in favor of the underclassmen shoveling the fields of snow I have one. Someone called it abuse. I am not sure where respect and working for things and someone calling it abuse ends.

I played college sports, as a freshman/Soph/Jr/Sr you hated some and you loved some others. Some for good reason other for stupid. Yes you always played a little harder for those you didn't like and let up when you could a little for those you liked. but, We didn't have cell phones or computers/ipad/iphone with apps with email and snap chat and stuff. We said, some wrote it on paper(if you were foolish). Now the stuff stays around forever. if you even meant a gesture in a moment of anger not to be taken out of context outside my circle of friends.. or a true threat you need to live

Not condoning what they did because I don't know the true situation. but times are different and I guess we all have to be a bit more on guard and cautious in this very litigious and wha wha society we now live in.

Still think you are off base. Reading behind the lines you think it is OK for freshmen to do menial tasks simply because they are freshmen. They earned their spot, not by shoveling snow, but by being recruited!!! The best players should take the field, regardless of what class they are in. "wha wha" society? When you make a comment like that it sounds like you think everyone is overreacting. You are basically saying that it is only wrong because we live in a litigious society and they got caught, not actually for what they did. People like you need to stay away from sports and children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These were words typed in a group text format. No one was injured and no one murdered anyone. As a former college athlete I wanted to beat the crap out of team mates and coaches all the time. As did they. We talked about it when we were pissed off. We constantly told our competitors we were going to rip off their heads or break their arms. It happens all the time in sports and there is nothing wrong with it.
SHOULD WE ALL JOIN YOUR PEANUT ALERGY CLUB AND CANCEL ALL SPORTS AND HANG ALL THE COACHES AND ADs??!
This is all ridiculous. The players should have been spoken to by the coach and AD and that's it!!!!!
It's the NPR listening global warming freaks that cause all this hysteria. Bet you all never played a day of sports in your life either. Your all a bunch of inhaler sucking hypochondriacs that need to shut up.

GREAT POST!! Wish more people would stand up up the MINORITY of over reactive idiots. You would think they were never young once. I say the judgmental asses calling for suspensions and firings need to shut up. Pray their kid doesn't make a mistake and get hung for it. They will be the first ones at the yacht club asking the judge for a favor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would tend to agree except at the point that they said in the group texts that they had in fact intentionally tried to hurt their teammates in practice - their words not mine and if that is the case they have a real problem. One of the articles said that the coaches broke them into two groups so they could not participate in contact drills against each other. I have never heard of such a thing in my life. They also issued an apology that never denied that they did all of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GREAT POST!! Wish more people would stand up up the MINORITY of over reactive idiots. You would think they were never young once. I say the judgmental asses calling for suspensions and firings need to shut up. Pray their kid doesn't make a mistake and get hung for it. They will be the first ones at the yacht club asking the judge for a favor.

Playing hard yes. Playing hard against opponents, yes. Intentionally hurting your teammates, no place for that. ..little league, pee wee, HS, college or professional....no place...period!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The current top 20-

Maryland (20) 7-0
2 North Carolina 8-1
3 Boston College 8-0
4 Duke 9-0
5 Syracuse 7-2
6 Florida 6-3
7 Northwestern 4-2
8 Virginia 4-4
9 Stanford 4-0
10 Louisville 5-2
11 Penn State 5-2
12 James Madison 7-1
13 Princeton 4-1
14 Penn 6-0 160
15 Ohio State 7-1
16 Loyola Maryland
17 Stony Brook 5-0
18 Notre Dame 4-4
19 Johns Hopkins 4-2
20 Albany 5-1

9 of the top 20 have a chance at the title but Maryland is the favorite but not the same type of favorite as Kentucky in basketball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"YOU my friend is what is wrong with society today.
It's the NPR listening global warming freaks that cause all this hysteria. Bet you all never played a day of sports in your life either. Your all a bunch of inhaler sucking hypochondriacs that need to shut up."

You sound exactly like the type of bully my friends and I from the wrestling team would dismantle for being the fake tuff guys they tried to act like. I guess if someone threatens to hurt or kill or rape your daughter you will do nothing about it until it actually happens, real smart move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"YOU my friend is what is wrong with society today.
It's the NPR listening global warming freaks that cause all this hysteria. Bet you all never played a day of sports in your life either. Your all a bunch of inhaler sucking hypochondriacs that need to shut up."

You sound exactly like the type of bully my friends and I from the wrestling team would dismantle for being the fake tuff guys they tried to act like. I guess if someone threatens to hurt or kill or rape your daughter you will do nothing about it until it actually happens, real smart move.

Wow - angry much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy that wrote the post below I would say first, learn how to post. Takes a first grade education to figure it out so maybe next time you'll get it. Second, when you wrestled in HS I doubt you dismantled anyone except maybe your team mate from his tights. Third, you can stop rolling around with guys half naked...it was ok when you wrestled in HS but now it's just inappropriate. Lastly, no one was raped, beaten or killed. They are kids who said things every kid has said to someone when they were angry at least once in their lives. Remember Mr. Tough Internet Rob Lowe....no more tights!!!

This is Tough Internet Rob Lowe's post...
"You sound exactly like the type of bully my friends and I from the wrestling team would dismantle for being the fake tuff guys they tried to act like. I guess if someone threatens to hurt or kill or rape your daughter you will do nothing about it until it actually happens, real smart move."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy that wrote the post below I would say first, learn how to post. Takes a first grade education to figure it out so maybe next time you'll get it. Second, when you wrestled in HS I doubt you dismantled anyone except maybe your team mate from his tights. Third, you can stop rolling around with guys half naked...it was ok when you wrestled in HS but now it's just inappropriate. Lastly, no one was raped, beaten or killed. They are kids who said things every kid has said to someone when they were angry at least once in their lives. Remember Mr. Tough Internet Rob Lowe....no more tights!!!

"You sound exactly like the type of bully my friends and I from the wrestling team would dismantle for being the fake tuff guys they tried to act like. I guess if someone threatens to hurt or kill or rape your daughter you will do nothing about it until it actually happens, real smart move."

Okay I did not wrestle in college but in this case I will take the ex wrestler against the blowhard tuff guy. That being said I think what he may have meant was you seem to be saying it was just words and no one got physically hurt, what he is saying is if you wait until their threats become actions then you are an idiot. I agree w the wrestler , tights or not. Also I like the way he posted it with the post he is responding to first. Feel free to go visit any MMA facility and express your feelings about wrestling Mr. Anti politically correct tuff guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upset of the year, SB takes down Florida. Nice win for SB. Florida a mere shell of its former self, SB solidifies it deserve top 20 status.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Okay I did not wrestle in college but in this case I will take the ex wrestler against the blowhard tuff guy. That being said I think what he may have meant was you seem to be saying it was just words and no one got physically hurt, what he is saying is if you wait until their threats become actions then you are an idiot. I agree w the wrestler , tights or not. Also I like the way he posted it with the post he is responding to first. Feel free to go visit any MMA facility and express your feelings about wrestling Mr. Anti politically correct tuff guy.

Please post as a quote and not part of the previous post. They will be deleted if they are not separated. Thanks.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

So where is the recognition for SB taking down FL, as you stated very telling and a great win for SB!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still think you are off base. Reading behind the lines you think it is OK for freshmen to do menial tasks simply because they are freshmen. They earned their spot, not by shoveling snow, but by being recruited!!! The best players should take the field, regardless of what class they are in. "wha wha" society? When you make a comment like that it sounds like you think everyone is overreacting. You are basically saying that it is only wrong because we live in a litigious society and they got caught, not actually for what they did. People like you need to stay away from sports and children.

Maybe I need to stay away from children, but true players no. You my friend need to stay away from sports. Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMVMaK1NnY

yes I believe underclassmen whether they start or not still need to earn their keep. Yes, they earn playing time by their play. But there is more to a team than the game. I guess singing on the tables in-front of everyone in the student café is wrong too. Menial tasks like shoveling or emotional embarrassing moments like singing bonds freshman to upper classmen and gives the TEAM memories of a life-time

I read the article and from reading yes I thought it was an over reaction, very f'd up, but over reaction none the less. There is definitely more to it. If you ever played high level competitive sports you had these (kill a player or coach) thoughts too. but a true athlete eventually respects their opponent coach.

I do not know more than I read. So I do not know the situation. I am sure there is more. But where has the toughness in sports gone!!!

Remember underclassmen push upper classmen not to be complacent; and upperclassmen push underclassmen to play their best so they see the field. They may not see eye to eye but each need to respect each other while knowing each others place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for telling us in your original post that you were a former college athlete, no one but you actually is impressed or cares. As for the rolling around with half naked men you must have gotten confused with all the concussions from your distinguished college athletic career , those memories are from when your dad was the Boy Scout leader . Your last post about knowing your place tells me all I need to know about you . Let me guess former football player who now manhandles his wife.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for telling us in your original post that you were a former college athlete, no one but you actually is impressed or cares. As for the rolling around with half naked men you must have gotten confused with all the concussions from your distinguished college athletic career , those memories are from when your dad was the Boy Scout leader . Your last post about knowing your place tells me all I need to know about you . Let me guess former football player who now manhandles his wife.

I think you are jumbling up a few posts.

Can we agree there is a fine line which sometimes gets blurred between competitiveness and combativeness in sports.

..."Jessie"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I need to stay away from children, but true players no. You my friend need to stay away from sports. Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

yes I believe underclassmen whether they start or not still need to earn their keep. Yes, they earn playing time by their play. But there is more to a team than the game. I guess singing on the tables in-front of everyone in the student café is wrong too. Menial tasks like shoveling or emotional embarrassing moments like singing bonds freshman to upper classmen and gives the TEAM memories of a life-time

I read the article and from reading yes I thought it was an over reaction, very f'd up, but over reaction none the less. There is definitely more to it. If you ever played high level competitive sports you had these (kill a player or coach) thoughts too. but a true athlete eventually respects their opponent coach.

I do not know more than I read. So I do not know the situation. I am sure there is more. But where has the toughness in sports gone!!!

Remember underclassmen push upper classmen not to be complacent; and upperclassmen push underclassmen to play their best so they see the field. They may not see eye to eye but each need to respect each other while knowing each others place.

You are everything that is wrong in youth sports. I fear for your children and how you are raising them with your thuggish thoughts and actions.

I played multiple sports in HS and college and not once did I ever think this way. People like you are the problem. Just because you had these f'd up thoughts does not make it ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

So where is the recognition for SB taking down FL, as you stated very telling and a great win for SB!!!
I just read the score , absolutely great win for S.B. Congratulations for beating a top 10 team, very impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great victory for the Stony Brook Women. Great for the Long Island Girl's Lacrosse community, top teams on the Island build excitement for the sport and the girls who play it. Good luck to Stony Brook, Hofstra, Post, Adelphi, Dowling and Suffolk CC. the rest of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are everything that is wrong in youth sports. I fear for your children and how you are raising them with your thuggish thoughts and actions.

I played multiple sports in HS and college and not once did I ever think this way. People like you are the problem. Just because you had these f'd up thoughts does not make it ok.

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But can you count to 5??

Hilarious!

I just read the score , absolutely great win for S.B. Congratulations for beating a top 10 team, very impressive

Back to back crushing losses for Florida. First got completely smoked by MD, now letting one slip to SB. SB will rise through the ratings, Gators will fall throughout the season. Bet ya SB will end the year ranked higher than Florida.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard