BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 2015 NCAA Mens Lacrosse Scores and News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
#18 Princeton upsets #12 John Hopkins 10-7 at Homewood Field in Baltimore.
not sure where u got that score......Princeton won in overtime 16-15

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous

16-15 Princeton is correct. I was understandably shaken by the loss. Right team wrong score.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16-15 Princeton is correct. I was understandably shaken by the loss. Right team wrong score.
We were upset by the loss too, hope Michael Pellagrino is ok, he got hurt right at the end of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hop loses again!!! Keep on bringing in those early recruits. Really working for you. Sad to hear about pelligrino though. Great player! Never wish injury on anybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hop loses again!!! Keep on bringing in those early recruits. Really working for you. Sad to hear about pelligrino though. Great player! Never wish injury on anybody.

Been through this already, early recruiting won't effect play for 2 more years...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have recruited earlier then anybody over the years. That's a fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not questioning your fact, but still it is clear that the really early recruiting won't effect play for two more years...

I guess you have some ax to grind here? What is your issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is I feel early recruiting has damaged the game of lacrosse , especially the youth aspect. And these colleges keep on looking at these kids younger and younger putting an undue stress on many young athletes. I always felt lacrosse wasn't going to do this. That's why I love to see the underdogs win. Drexel, Bryant to name a few don't get those early bloomer studs who sometimes fizzle out because those late bloomers caught up physically. The parity of lacrosse at the division 1 level is great because we are seeing those late bloomers come on the scene who were not recruited early. Hence I was a late bloomer and outplayed my early bloomers studs in college. Many who were physically mature in 8th 9th grade were not as good in college. Or some of them quit because they weren't those studs anymore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John's v Yale today at St. John's. Get the kids out to the game, 3:00

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. John's v Yale today at St. John's. Get the kids out to the game, 3:00

Yeah right, it will be a snowstorm. Have fun and write us the score while you're at the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is I feel early recruiting has damaged the game of lacrosse , especially the youth aspect. And these colleges keep on looking at these kids younger and younger putting an undue stress on many young athletes. I always felt lacrosse wasn't going to do this. That's why I love to see the underdogs win. Drexel, Bryant to name a few don't get those early bloomer studs who sometimes fizzle out because those late bloomers caught up physically. The parity of lacrosse at the division 1 level is great because we are seeing those late bloomers come on the scene who were not recruited early. Hence I was a late bloomer and outplayed my early bloomers studs in college. Many who were physically mature in 8th 9th grade were not as good in college. Or some of them quit because they weren't those studs anymore!

By your logic, early recruiting is good for the game. As those late bloomers start to take national championships away fro the ten or so programs that typically win, and further increase parity, it means that the game will grow...Parity is good for the game isn't it? more late bloomers continue to play rather than quit...early recruiting, I would argue, actually increasing the reach of the game...

The only people that don't like it are the college coaches (at least that is what they say while they do exactly the opposite) and the parents of kids that don't get recruited.

The early recruits pick up the scholarship $, can't blame them can you? Who are you blaming as the sport grows things will change, that is a function of growth. It happens in every aspect of life. People need to embrace or when a college coach wants your 9th grade son, say no...

There is no scourge, plenty of opportunities for kids to play this game and never see a college coach. It is the parents clamoring for JR and Maverick and adrenaline to get their kid seen...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with u on some aspects about the growth of the game. And yes I do love it that it has made great strides over the years. A lot of these showcases are money grabs but when you see college coaches on sidelines looking at 9th graders, I just shake my head. I have seen it all too many, some of the studs fizzle out because they were so mature physically then the other boys. Look at Hop they might be done recruiting their 2018 class already. I find it laughable. These lower division 1 schools will reap the benefits down the road I think. I look at my sons 2019 group and they have some real studs at this age group. All of them are so physically mature then the rest. And I know of many smaller boys who haven't reached maturity yet but will be phenomenal players once they reach that stage. Just their size is hurting them right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with u on some aspects about the growth of the game. And yes I do love it that it has made great strides over the years. A lot of these showcases are money grabs but when you see college coaches on sidelines looking at 9th graders, I just shake my head. I have seen it all too many, some of the studs fizzle out because they were so mature physically then the other boys. Look at Hop they might be done recruiting their 2018 class already. I find it laughable. These lower division 1 schools will reap the benefits down the road I think. I look at my sons 2019 group and they have some real studs at this age group. All of them are so physically mature then the rest. And I know of many smaller boys who haven't reached maturity yet but will be phenomenal players once they reach that stage. Just their size is hurting them right now.

I agree that there will be a bunch of kids that are physically mature in early 9th grade that will fizzle and some late bloomers that will take their place.

I also have seen first hand with my senior and his team--the kids that were great athletes every year since 3rd and 4th grade, tended to be still great athletes as seniors. Athletic ability tends to stay while the early/late maturity edge seems to fizzle.

It is why I have never been very concerned with the reclass folks, the good ones will be good later, the guys that only get picked because they were bigger in 9th grade...will fail.

I do see how parents get upset because in theory, the reclassed kids takes someone else's spot because he is bigger...

I tend to think early recruiting is good for the game and will grow the sport. I suspect the coaches with the scholorship $ are going to do it until they get burned...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have recruited earlier then anybody over the years. That's a fact

IMHO JHU was one of the early recruiting culprits along with UVA and UNC ------- UNC is 5-0 and UVA is 3-1

So I do not think that JHU's issue is with th eearly recruiting and you will not really see it for another couple of years as this is really year one of the hyper 9th grade recruiting. The one benefit of Hopkins struggles is the laxpower Hopkins thread after a loss, peeps gettin' their freak on

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Saturday, March 7, 2015
D1 Mens games.

Albany. vs. Massachusetts3:00 pm
Colgate. vs. Boston U.2:00 pm
Denver. vs. Notre Dame1:00 pm
Drexel. vs. Bryant1:00 pm
Duke. vs. Loyola1:00 pm
Fuhrman. vs. Mount St. Mary's2:00 pm
Georgetown. vs. Hobart12:00 pm
Harvard. vs. Penn State12:00 pm
Holy Cross. vs. Army1:00 pm
Johns Hopkins. vs. Navy12:00 pm
Lehigh. vs. Bucknell1:00 pm
Marist. vs. High Point12:00 pm
Maryland. vs. Princeton12:00 pm
NJIT. vs. UMass Lowell12:00 pm
North Carolina. vs. Manhattan11:00 am
Ohio State. vs. Hofstra1:00 pm
Penn. vs. Villanova1:00 pm
Providence. vs. Sacred Heart3:00 pm
Quinnipiac. vs. Hartford12:00 pm
Richmond. vs. VMI1:00 pm
Robert Morris. vs. Siena1:00 pm
Saint Joseph's. vs. Monmouth4:00 pm
Syracuse. vs. St. John's1:00 pm
UMBC. vs. Towson1:00 pm
Vermont. vs. Air Force1:00 pm
Virginia. vs. Cornell1:00 pm
Wagner. vs. Dartmouth1:00 pm
Yale. vs. Fairfield1:30 pm

Home team is listed first.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
The Nike/LM Top 20 will be updated each Monday throughout the season and is determined by the staff of Lacrosse Magazine.

1 Syracuse
2 North Carolina
3 Denver
4 Notre Dame
5 Duke
6 Virginia
7 Yale
8 Cornell
9 Maryland
10 Marquette
11 Albany
12 Loyola (Md.)
13 Harvard
14 Villanova
15 Princeton
16 Brown
17 Holy Cross
18 Johns Hopkins
19 Army
20 Ohio St.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Hopkins vs Syracuse on NOW. Ch 144 (optimum) ESPNU

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CUSE! Nice W

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Here is the mens thread. Post away!!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well doesn't say what division so here's my question and comments.
What happened to dowling? Roster is thin and they really didn't look like they did in the past. Under what terms did Taylor leave? I know he's at SWR. Is this due to budget cuts being the college is in bad shape financially?
Merrimack squeaked one out against adelphi. The brook dominated the face offs and handled UMBC w ease! Anyone know how the rest of our NCAA teams did? Farmingdale game must of been bone chilling!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about that Duke/Syracuse game?! Wow, that was pretty impressive!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Alex Ryan from CSH who scored the game winner with 23 seconds left in Bucknells win over Lafayette

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on who can take down No.1 Notre Dame? Final four predictions anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on who can take down No.1 Notre Dame? Final four predictions anyone?

ND is still No.1, not sure they should be, but who else? Any predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Denver. If goalie is seeing the ball you know they will score 12+ goals on offensive side. Never count out the Hop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Denver. If goalie is seeing the ball you know they will score 12+ goals on offensive side. Never count out the Hop

If Hopkins can pull it together after losing a player during the season and such a poor start, then that would be one [lacrosse] of a story. Just making the tournament was an achievement for Petro the hometown boy and his team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who's winning it all?
I've got Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u were obviously way off. pathetic offensive performance by the Terps, no " O " game plan. 1 v 1 with the other 5 players standing around watching? No off ball movement whatsoever. What was Tillman thinking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u were obviously way off. pathetic offensive performance by the Terps, no " O " game plan. 1 v 1 with the other 5 players standing around watching? No off ball movement whatsoever. What was Tillman thinking?

Karma. Should have made different discipline-related decisions. Slaps on the wrist are not the best way to develop young men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah i agree. I grew tired of watching the 1 v 1 strategy and the hog ball in the Hopkins game so I didn't even watch the national championship. though I did watch Denver play Notre dame and I was impressed with coach Tierney's coaching and how the offense is patient working the ball around the perimeter allowing the offense to develop. that's laCrosse. that win a faceoff and race to the cage and never pass is third grade PAL lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, poor coaching cost Maryland. They had no answer for Berg, and Raffa, was out done by the freshman fogo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does the coach survive?

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply