BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 218 of 327 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's be honest, in the absence of the Maryland teams from the "National Championship" in Colorado, last year's results was not a true representation of who is/was the best U15 team in the nation last year. YJ teams are good, no question, arguably one of the best depending on the year and the athletes, but without playing the teams that have beaten them in other tournaments it was like they were given a pass, and not really tested. Its a shame that that Maryland teams opted out. Anyone know why? Hopefully the Maryland teams will return to the tourney this year to make it a truly competitive event, last year, it clearly was not.

Ask yourself why they would saddle their parents with the expense and inconvenience of a Colorado/Florida tourney that few if any college coaches even attend? Club lacrosse is for being seen and being recruited, that's it. Clubs like M&D, Skywalkers, Hero's TLC and Capital seem to do a very good job of that without the U15. If they want to play top competition with no college coaches watching, they simply schedule "Playdays" where a subset of the above mentioned clubs get together for a day of games. a 10-20 mile drive and a half a day is all they have to commit to play some of the best teams in the country. They've got all summer and fall to bang heads with the club elite at multiple, well attended, mid-atlantic tounaments. Would guess that's why.

As a YJ parent, do you honestly think the U15 is worth the time and money you commit? I'm sure the club likes the free (for them) publicity however.

Skywalkers won the U-15 championship a few years ago so the MD elite have attended. I would go to support the growth of the game. Many of the other regions that cannot travel to MD, NJ, NY and MA from CA, TX, FL and other places on a regular basis use this event as a way to gain experience against the rest of the country and continue to grow the sport in their region. The somewhat underlying issue that others have voiced is several members of the grade based elite teams in MD could not play together since they are older and do not qualify as a complete team for this aged based event. This year the event is in Midlothian VA (just south of Richmond), a much easier trip from MD so show-up, support the game as something bigger than just how can I get my daughter recruited.

Really, you're helping them grow their sport...if that helps you get through the day. Were you in CO? Did you actually watch any of the games? This past year, YJ teams won their pool games by an average score of 19-2 (Steps 16-4 and Elevate 20-1). I'm sure humiliating the competition in these epic beat-downs is the US Lacrosse blueprint for helping "grow the sport". Why would anyone want to pay thousands of dollars and a week of their time for that?

YJ and Steps are legit top 5 2017 teams, elevate is borderline top 10. It's not like it's just one or two top clubs that don't show up. I watched M&D, Capital and Lady Roc all beat 2017 Blue this fall...not one of those showed and only one is from MD.

As for Richmond 2015, if any club decides to go to the U-15 and then skips either of the two IWLCA sponsored events held there this summer, their parents should revolt.

You people are pathetic. First your excuse for not going is about the expense of going , tournament now in Virginia so problem solved. Then its about the level of competition , a tournament that your club has basically never won and a tournament that levels the playing field for all clubs ( age based as compared to grade) , also a tournament that actually draws teams from all over the country.
Sounds to me like most of you are just afraid to put it on the line to try and win a national championship when your club would need to play on a level playing field and your hold back kids would no longer have the advantage of playing against younger kids .

The U15 is not a competitive tournament and it's not getting any better. When the vast majority of top clubs choose to stay away year after year, the event is fundamentally flawed whether you accept it or not. Capital used to send a team, haven't in years. Skywalkers sent a team for a year or two, no longer. Steps sent a team last year but I don't think they are sending one in 2015 as they have both IWLCA Richmond events on their 2018 team's schedule.

Here's a thought: Would the U-15 be a better tournament overall if YJ didn't go? Wouldn't it immediately become more competitive?

US Lacrosse has some really dumb people planning their events. Capital Cup starts on Friday the weekend before the U15's and ends on Monday. U'15's start on that coming Thursday. Do families really want to make the trip back and forth to Richmond twice in only a few days time? I know I don't. What's the alternative - stay in Richmond for 10 days? Yippeee!!! Really bad planning by US Lacrosse.

The other issue is that this is NOT a recruiting tournament. Only a handful of coaches have come the last two years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The G8/Elite 8 in NJ two weeks prior to U-15. Looks like everybody who is somebody is going to that one. Any idea if it's showcase or championship format?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The G8/Elite 8 in NJ two weeks prior to U-15. Looks like everybody who is somebody is going to that one. Any idea if it's showcase or championship format?
Run by STEPS with Nike sponsoring, same set up as Nike Elite 120 in terms of STEPS/Nike. However, this is a tournament with a small handful of the very best club teams in the country from LI, NJ, and Maryland. Head of STEPS came up with the idea to do a small tournament with just the best teams close to an airport with the goal of attacking the top college coaches which they have done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the G8/Elite 8 is this similar to the Elite Showcase

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G10?

I see it called a lot of things (G8, G10, Elite 8), I assume they are the same as they all appear to be July 10-12 in Morristown/Morris Plains NJ. One could only hope it's championship format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G10?

I see it called a lot of things (G8, G10, Elite 8), I assume they are the same as they all appear to be July 10-12 in Morristown/Morris Plains NJ. One could only hope it's championship format.

Love the idea. Invitational only, just like the 120 elite except for teams. If you only invite highly competitive teams, you save coaches the hassle of watching blow outs, so they get to see the best vs the best and actually get tested, that's why the coaches will show. From what I can figure is they are inviting the top 8 or 10 teams in each age group. I have wished for years for this to come along, we will see how it goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G10?

Love the idea. Invitational only, just like the 120 elite except for teams. If you only invite highly competitive teams, you save coaches the hassle of watching blow outs, so they get to see the best vs the best and actually get tested, that's why the coaches will show. From what I can figure is they are inviting the top 8 or 10 teams in each age group. I have wished for years for this to come along, we will see how it goes.
Charlie Shoulberg at STEPS has done a really good job with the Elite 120 which was very good with a ton of top college coaches in a showcase format where girls played on pre-determined teams with players from the top clubs, not with their own team. More of an individual showcase. The G10 will be a championship format with the best of the best club teams playing against each other, but many fewer teams than the normal tournaments, a really high caliber team showcase that is local for LI and NJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask yourself why they would saddle their parents with the expense and inconvenience of a Colorado/Florida tourney that few if any college coaches even attend? Club lacrosse is for being seen and being recruited, that's it. Clubs like M&D, Skywalkers, Hero's TLC and Capital seem to do a very good job of that without the U15. If they want to play top competition with no college coaches watching, they simply schedule "Playdays" where a subset of the above mentioned clubs get together for a day of games. a 10-20 mile drive and a half a day is all they have to commit to play some of the best teams in the country. They've got all summer and fall to bang heads with the club elite at multiple, well attended, mid-atlantic tounaments. Would guess that's why.

As a YJ parent, do you honestly think the U15 is worth the time and money you commit? I'm sure the club likes the free (for them) publicity however.

Skywalkers won the U-15 championship a few years ago so the MD elite have attended. I would go to support the growth of the game. Many of the other regions that cannot travel to MD, NJ, NY and MA from CA, TX, FL and other places on a regular basis use this event as a way to gain experience against the rest of the country and continue to grow the sport in their region. The somewhat underlying issue that others have voiced is several members of the grade based elite teams in MD could not play together since they are older and do not qualify as a complete team for this aged based event. This year the event is in Midlothian VA (just south of Richmond), a much easier trip from MD so show-up, support the game as something bigger than just how can I get my daughter recruited.

Really, you're helping them grow their sport...if that helps you get through the day. Were you in CO? Did you actually watch any of the games? This past year, YJ teams won their pool games by an average score of 19-2 (Steps 16-4 and Elevate 20-1). I'm sure humiliating the competition in these epic beat-downs is the US Lacrosse blueprint for helping "grow the sport". Why would anyone want to pay thousands of dollars and a week of their time for that?

YJ and Steps are legit top 5 2017 teams, elevate is borderline top 10. It's not like it's just one or two top clubs that don't show up. I watched M&D, Capital and Lady Roc all beat 2017 Blue this fall...not one of those showed and only one is from MD.

As for Richmond 2015, if any club decides to go to the U-15 and then skips either of the two IWLCA sponsored events held there this summer, their parents should revolt.

You people are pathetic. First your excuse for not going is about the expense of going , tournament now in Virginia so problem solved. Then its about the level of competition , a tournament that your club has basically never won and a tournament that levels the playing field for all clubs ( age based as compared to grade) , also a tournament that actually draws teams from all over the country.
Sounds to me like most of you are just afraid to put it on the line to try and win a national championship when your club would need to play on a level playing field and your hold back kids would no longer have the advantage of playing against younger kids .

Keep on opening your wallet my friend, and many thanks for growing the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every young lady who wants to play college lacrosse will play. Whether it's community College or Northwestern. You people are pathetic. Please let them have their youth and enjoy themselves. Cheer for your daughter and there team and wish every girl gets to live there dream instead of putting others down. Remember you might spend all this money and they decide to quit cause they just don't enjoy it anymore. So go easy and be sensitive to all.
Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off topic but looking for accurate information-what are the (if any) regulations of playing eligiibility of a student wishing to tranfer from public to private school after sophomore year (high school)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off topic but looking for accurate information-what are the (if any) regulations of playing eligiibility of a student wishing to tranfer from public to private school after sophomore year (high school)?

They can only play in nonconference/ nonleague games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about transferring from public to Catholic League - you must sit out all league games for the first year but can play in non-league games. Hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The student athlete could not play in league games for their first season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about transferring from public to Catholic League - you must sit out all league games for the first year but can play in non-league games. Hope this helps.

How about the other way around? My district has a girl transferring back after a year at a Catholic school. Any restrictions?

Like Reply Quote
User
User

How about the other way around? My district has a girl transferring back after a year at a Catholic school. Any restrictions?

According to the NYSPHAA Bylaws and Eligibility Standards regarding transfers.

Section 30 subsection b. ....."Students who transfer from any school to the public school district of the residence of his/her parents (or other persons whom the student has resided for at least six months) or a private school within that district's boundaries shall receive a waiver from the Transfer Rule. Such a transfer without penalty will only be permitted once in a high school career."

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

According to the NYSPHAA Bylaws and Eligibility Standards regarding transfers.

Section 30 subsection b. ....."Students who transfer from any school to the public school district of the residence of his/her parents (or other persons whom the student has resided for at least six months) or a private school within that district's boundaries shall receive a waiver from the Transfer Rule. Such a transfer without penalty will only be permitted once in a high school career."

So a student transferring back would be on her second transfer of her career and would then suffer some sort of penalty? So long as the coaches and AD have if figured out its all good. Unfortunately I have seen penalties suffered and jobs lost due to the oversights of rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every young lady who wants to play college lacrosse will play. Whether it's community College or Northwestern. You people are pathetic. Please let them have their youth and enjoy themselves. Cheer for your daughter and there team and wish every girl gets to live there dream instead of putting others down. Remember you might spend all this money and they decide to quit cause they just don't enjoy it anymore. So go easy and be sensitive to all.
Good luck.
well said, will be lost on most

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for Richmond 2015, if any club decides to go to the U-15 and then skips either of the two IWLCA sponsored events held there this summer, their parents should revolt. [/quote]

Speaking of Elevate, I was watching their top 2 2018 Teams scrimmage yesterday while I was waiting for my daughters YJ game to start. Was watching with my friend who has a daughter on one of the teams and have 2 observations about the Elevate 2018 age group. 1) The teams are good but are not even close to YJ top team as far as talent and 2)the teams seem completely equal. I asked my friend if they mixed up the teams when they scroimmaged and he said no. I was very surporised to see how equal the two teams were. With most clubs, like YJ, the top team is usally much more dominant and here that was not the case at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue chip is worth it only if there are colleges your daughter is interested in. You are better off going to the schools you are interested in and doing there camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Elevate, I was watching their top 2 2018 Teams scrimmage yesterday while I was waiting for my daughters YJ game to start. Was watching with my friend who has a daughter on one of the teams and have 2 observations about the Elevate 2018 age group. 1) The teams are good but are not even close to YJ top team as far as talent and 2)the teams seem completely equal. I asked my friend if they mixed up the teams when they scroimmaged and he said no. I was very surporised to see how equal the two teams were. With most clubs, like YJ, the top team is usally much more dominant and here that was not the case at all. [/quote]

Funny, I saw that Elevate scrimmage yesterday as well. Did not know who the teams (age groups were), but was wondering that as well. The game seemed so even. That makes me wonder how good they are at evaluating talent. If you took the best girls from both teams, wouldnt you have a better team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters 2020 YJs blue team beat 2019 TG black. Way to go YJs!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets = Thugs R Us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like champs are us!!!

US Lacrosse U15 National Championships All-Time Girls' Champions
2009: CheckHers Elite (Md.)
2010: Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
2011: Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
2012: Sky Walkers (Md.)
2013: Top Guns (N.Y.)
2014: Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same ridiculous poster as before. Don't entertain this loser. All she got is "Thug Ball". Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Elevate, I was watching their top 2 2018 Teams scrimmage yesterday while I was waiting for my daughters YJ game to start. Was watching with my friend who has a daughter on one of the teams and have 2 observations about the Elevate 2018 age group. 1) The teams are good but are not even close to YJ top team as far as talent and 2)the teams seem completely equal. I asked my friend if they mixed up the teams when they scroimmaged and he said no. I was very surporised to see how equal the two teams were. With most clubs, like YJ, the top team is usally much more dominant and here that was not the case at all.

Funny, I saw that Elevate scrimmage yesterday as well. Did not know who the teams (age groups were), but was wondering that as well. The game seemed so even. That makes me wonder how good they are at evaluating talent. If you took the best girls from both teams, wouldnt you have a better team? [/quote]

Dear YJ parent who is obsessed with Elevate - stop posting about them on the YJ forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously someone is stirring the pot. No one from YJ would have posted this about a winter league game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously someone is stirring the pot. No one from YJ would have posted this about a winter league game.

Another lonely, despised Blue parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another lonely, despised Blue parent!

DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It came from YJ blue. I know this nut bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know what a strong team 2020 YJ has
and that TG 2019 has been weakened.IMO
I think it would be a great game with both teams
at full strength .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know what a strong team 2020 YJ has
and that TG 2019 has been weakened.IMO
I think it would be a great game with both teams
at full strength .

Said the lonely despised blue parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, I saw the YG girls play at the Hub and I was not all surprised as the lack of talent. Your a jackass. Get a life and while your online for a life get yourself some glasses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse will win a championship very soon and Gary is a good coach. If you have noticed some of the top women teams bring in successful male lax players to help them with play style and offenses and defenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, I saw that Elevate scrimmage yesterday as well. Did not know who the teams (age groups were), but was wondering that as well. The game seemed so even. That makes me wonder how good they are at evaluating talent. If you took the best girls from both teams, wouldnt you have a better team? [/quote]

Sounds like Elevate has 2 good teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, I saw the YG girls play at the Hub and I was not all surprised as the lack of talent. Your a jackass. Get a life and while your online for a life get yourself some glasses.

Drink much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The right people see through this nonsense. That means the MAJORITY aren't amused by this lack of integrity a few have in their posts. There are a few disturbed lacrosse parents who come here and say things that are driven by pure evil. They can easily be from either team's sideline. Don't jump to judgement on teams based on a few disturbed people. There are more good people than bad. Stay focused on them... Ignore the bad seeds. Carma is going to take care of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, I saw that Elevate scrimmage yesterday as well. Did not know who the teams (age groups were), but was wondering that as well. The game seemed so even. That makes me wonder how good they are at evaluating talent. If you took the best girls from both teams, wouldnt you have a better team?

Sounds like Elevate has 2 good teams! [/quote]

That's one way to look at it lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The right people see through this nonsense. That means the MAJORITY aren't amused by this lack of integrity a few have in their posts. There are a few disturbed lacrosse parents who come here and say things that are driven by pure evil. They can easily be from either team's sideline. Don't jump to judgement on teams based on a few disturbed people. There are more good people than bad. Stay focused on them... Ignore the bad seeds. Carma is going to take care of them.

Not sure who "Carma" is (maybe she works at the HUB) but "Karma" will take care of it........

Like Reply Quote
Page 218 of 327 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard