BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 217 of 327 1 2 215 216 217 218 219 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
there it is again. It's being a "crybaby" now. Your attitude is exactly the problem. I am not speaking about college lacrosse, or even high level high school lacrosse. I am speaking about 6,7,8th grade girls. And I am 100pct sure you are the same person on the sidelines screaming at the refs that they don't know what they are doing. And that, sadly, is true. There is a lack of qualified referees and they are spread way too thin at the large tournaments. So to say, let the refs handle it, does not work.

We have coaches in our program who have played at the highest levels of women's lacrosse. And I don't just mean D1, I mean D1 all-americans and D1 national championship captains and Women's National Team members. So I think they have played a very aggressive style of lacrosse. But they teach the girls from a young age the right way to play. And they bench them if they see play that is dangerous. They hold the girls to a very high standard of sportsmanship. And over time, as their skills get to where they can both play aggressively, and within the rules, they let them. They know where to draw the lines. You don't.

You confuse fast, aggressive and physical with cheap, dirty and dangerous. You guys have lost where the line is. No crying here. Just pointing out the truth. And no, M&D and Skywalkers do not play the same brand of lax that YJ and TG do. Sorry you are in a class all by yourselves.

No, we don't all confuse fast, aggressive play with dirty play. Dirty play is dirty, checks to the wrist, kicks (yes, seen it and from YJ) when the refs aren't looking. Don't try to say that is aggressive play, that is just dirty.

Maybe your daughters All-American coaches don't coach that way and lucky for you and kudos to them. But some coaches must because it permeates the team. You can recognize those players in school games because they're still playing that way.

Division I championship game last year... Syracuse had 43 fouls and six yellow cards while Maryland had 24 fouls. Girls lacrosse is a physical game, get used to it. Three of the four top foul contributors for MD were from MD and other from LI. Cuse top four had two from MD, one from PA and one from LI. For Cuse's six cards, one was for the bench, two from MD, one from PA and two from upstate NY. Top players from all over the best lacrosse regions have a physical aspect to their game that results in fouls and cards. So bitter about YJ, you are blinded to actual reality.
Thank you for making our point for us. Not one person within this discussion said that girls lax wasn't a physical game, or that we are upset over the bumps and bruises of the game, for heaven sake I know they happen my daughter is a goalie. Our argument was and still is the "thug" mentality that runs rampantly unchecked in the Y.J. By stating there were so many fouls, though trying to have a "GOT YA" moment, only substantiates our argument. at the college level the refs are calling more fouls on more experienced players to keep control of the game, but I am sure most parents will agree in the youth and high school ranks the refs are not as good, and some teams take advantage of that. I am sure that when MD. teams play each other or N.Y. teams play each other there is a little more bumping and checking, that is to be expected. What we are talking about is the hard checks under the guise of "going hard for a ground ball", or the swings about the head, or the stick butts to the body as they run down the field, or the stick checks to the wrist. If your kid is checking a stick so hard that it can break a bone then she doesn't know how to check correctly and thats either your, or your coaches fault.

Sorry, but I think you missed the point. The girls making these fouls did not just start playing that way, they did so in high school and club. The point is it is not just a YJ trait but rough occurs everywhere. My daughter has played for two years within the YJ program at the Blie level and not a single aspect of their mentality has been taught to intimidate or hurt another player. You cannot beat the YJ so now you have to make about something else to diminish and demean their accomplishments. So sad...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter (YJ) has had plenty of teams around Long Island come at her with 2 handed tomahawks to the head…all the while coaches and parents are screaming "take her out". The problem comes down to the refs rarely take dangerous players off the field. I have seem multiple hits to the head by the same player and no calls made - even when someone is on the ground. What happened to automatic red card? Seems the refs are closing their eyes to dangerous play. Aggressive play is part of the game - blatant brutality is not. I can name at least 5 other teams on Long Island that have "thug" girls. Seems to be a officiating issue as well. Stupid calls made for nothing while on the other end of the field, someone thinks this is hockey.

Coaches and parents screaming "take her out." And this has happened with plenty of teams? Sorry but I'm calling BS on you mom. "I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating!"

Agree, probably been to a thousand games and have never heard anyone say "take her out". No decent human being let alone a parent should/would stand for that. To OP: So, what action did you take when you heard this? Or, were you a coward?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED....Poster has been eliminated.

Last edited by The Hop; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there it is again. It's being a "crybaby" now. Your attitude is exactly the problem. I am not speaking about college lacrosse, or even high level high school lacrosse. I am speaking about 6,7,8th grade girls. And I am 100pct sure you are the same person on the sidelines screaming at the refs that they don't know what they are doing. And that, sadly, is true. There is a lack of qualified referees and they are spread way too thin at the large tournaments. So to say, let the refs handle it, does not work.

We have coaches in our program who have played at the highest levels of women's lacrosse. And I don't just mean D1, I mean D1 all-americans and D1 national championship captains and Women's National Team members. So I think they have played a very aggressive style of lacrosse. But they teach the girls from a young age the right way to play. And they bench them if they see play that is dangerous. They hold the girls to a very high standard of sportsmanship. And over time, as their skills get to where they can both play aggressively, and within the rules, they let them. They know where to draw the lines. You don't.

You confuse fast, aggressive and physical with cheap, dirty and dangerous. You guys have lost where the line is. No crying here. Just pointing out the truth. And no, M&D and Skywalkers do not play the same brand of lax that YJ and TG do. Sorry you are in a class all by yourselves.

No, we don't all confuse fast, aggressive play with dirty play. Dirty play is dirty, checks to the wrist, kicks (yes, seen it and from YJ) when the refs aren't looking. Don't try to say that is aggressive play, that is just dirty.

Maybe your daughters All-American coaches don't coach that way and lucky for you and kudos to them. But some coaches must because it permeates the team. You can recognize those players in school games because they're still playing that way.

Division I championship game last year... Syracuse had 43 fouls and six yellow cards while Maryland had 24 fouls. Girls lacrosse is a physical game, get used to it. Three of the four top foul contributors for MD were from MD and other from LI. Cuse top four had two from MD, one from PA and one from LI. For Cuse's six cards, one was for the bench, two from MD, one from PA and two from upstate NY. Top players from all over the best lacrosse regions have a physical aspect to their game that results in fouls and cards. So bitter about YJ, you are blinded to actual reality.
Thank you for making our point for us. Not one person within this discussion said that girls lax wasn't a physical game, or that we are upset over the bumps and bruises of the game, for heaven sake I know they happen my daughter is a goalie. Our argument was and still is the "thug" mentality that runs rampantly unchecked in the Y.J. By stating there were so many fouls, though trying to have a "GOT YA" moment, only substantiates our argument. at the college level the refs are calling more fouls on more experienced players to keep control of the game, but I am sure most parents will agree in the youth and high school ranks the refs are not as good, and some teams take advantage of that. I am sure that when MD. teams play each other or N.Y. teams play each other there is a little more bumping and checking, that is to be expected. What we are talking about is the hard checks under the guise of "going hard for a ground ball", or the swings about the head, or the stick butts to the body as they run down the field, or the stick checks to the wrist. If your kid is checking a stick so hard that it can break a bone then she doesn't know how to check correctly and thats either your, or your coaches fault.

Sorry, but I think you missed the point. The girls making these fouls did not just start playing that way, they did so in high school and club. The point is it is not just a YJ trait but rough occurs everywhere. My daughter has played for two years within the YJ program at the Blie level and not a single aspect of their mentality has been taught to intimidate or hurt another player. You cannot beat the YJ so now you have to make about something else to diminish and demean their accomplishments. So sad...
I don't think you know enough about lacrosse, especially after a mere 2 years of watching club lax. Again no one said it wasn't a physical game, or that fouls don't happen. But the stats thrown out by the poster stating the championship game there out a general stat. out of all those fouls how many were obstruction, or some other non contact foul? You are not getting my point either, college refs are calling more fouls because they know the rules better than H.S. or youth. No matter how you try to cover it up, or shift blame elsewhere, Y.J. got there rep because they earned it. They do not correct girls that foul, they congratulate them for it. They allow there girls to push the bad ref flaw to the point of injury, and then like you just did try to blame others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2018 YJ Blue/Rose parents: I assume no but is it worth sending your daughter to this new fl$ Premier Girls Showcase on May 31st? My daughter is from a top team outside of LI and just got an invite. She recently went to Elite 120 which we thought was great, but we have never heard of this event. Any thoughts appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone ever do THE BLUE CHIP CAMP at Mitchell Field? If so any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, and the same "no calls" are transferable to the other players at the younger ages, they just did not start playing that way. I simply tried to present a fact based view with actual data vs. The obviously emotional topic for you. I understand you observe some of this behavior and certainly will not say you are wrong or it does not happen from YJ players. Just stating that one, it happens everywhere and not just at YJ, two, not on the team I watch play and three it is not taught nor an institutionally accepted mentality. When does the institutional indoctrination process begin, have not seen it yet and going on year three?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2018 YJ Blue/Rose parents: I assume no but is it worth sending your daughter to this new fl$ Premier Girls Showcase on May 31st? My daughter is from a top team outside of LI and just got an invite. She recently went to Elite 120 which we thought was great, but we have never heard of this event. Any thoughts appreciated.

Anything fl$ does on the girls side is a waste of time. So few girls on LI signed up they are now reaching out to other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, and the same "no calls" are transferable to the other players at the younger ages, they just did not start playing that way. I simply tried to present a fact based view with actual data vs. The obviously emotional topic for you. I understand you observe some of this behavior and certainly will not say you are wrong or it does not happen from YJ players. Just stating that one, it happens everywhere and not just at YJ, two, not on the team I watch play and three it is not taught nor an institutionally accepted mentality. When does the institutional indoctrination process begin, have not seen it yet and going on year three?
Don't get me wrong Y.J. is a very good club, and C.R. has done wonders for man L.I. girls. But understand that she doesn't have full control, or doesn't always exert it in a timely fashion. Some coaches are very good (Skak) and some very bad (Bert). Look out for key phrases that should alert you like be more aggressive, these are competitive girls they don't need to be prompted to be aggressive. Coaches will never say "today I will teach you how to cheat" it's way more subtle than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is an excerpt from Inside Lacrosse when Gary Gait was asked why his team had so many fouls and Yellow Cards.

Syracuse's pressure defense and aggressive style occasionally gets the Orange in trouble. Syracuse's 48 yellow cards were fourth most in Division I. Gait thought some of his defenders were robbed of All-American honors. "We sure do play aggressive," he said. "I know we certainly don't play dangerously. It's kind of a misleading stat. It's just the fact that we're out and we're going for the stick. There's really no other way to get the ball back."

I have had 2 daughters go through the YJ system. While each coach is different, the one constant (especially the Blue teams) is that YJ's usually has the most athletic players. When you have an athletic advantage, a good coach will try to take advantage of that, so many of the teams play the same style of high pressure defense as Syracuse does. It is very effective but it requires much more stick checking because the idea is to get the ball back unlike a heels on the 8 meter team who want to pack it in so you don't have space to take advantage of their match ups. The problem is that stick checking is as much as a skill as anything else, so the younger they are the more mishaps you will see. As the teams get older they get better at doubling the ball and controlling their sticks and have a clean take away. You can call it Thug ball or whatever you want to, but Those ARE the kids that are the most sought after by the colleges. Like any other sport women's lacrosse is all about getting a match up advantage and keeping possession of the ball. If you can cause turnovers and cover your girl you are gold!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is an excerpt from Inside Lacrosse when Gary Gait was asked why his team had so many fouls and Yellow Cards.

Syracuse's pressure defense and aggressive style occasionally gets the Orange in trouble. Syracuse's 48 yellow cards were fourth most in Division I. Gait thought some of his defenders were robbed of All-American honors. "We sure do play aggressive," he said. "I know we certainly don't play dangerously. It's kind of a misleading stat. It's just the fact that we're out and we're going for the stick. There's really no other way to get the ball back."

I have had 2 daughters go through the YJ system. While each coach is different, the one constant (especially the Blue teams) is that YJ's usually has the most athletic players. When you have an athletic advantage, a good coach will try to take advantage of that, so many of the teams play the same style of high pressure defense as Syracuse does. It is very effective but it requires much more stick checking because the idea is to get the ball back unlike a heels on the 8 meter team who want to pack it in so you don't have space to take advantage of their match ups. The problem is that stick checking is as much as a skill as anything else, so the younger they are the more mishaps you will see. As the teams get older they get better at doubling the ball and controlling their sticks and have a clean take away. You can call it Thug ball or whatever you want to, but Those ARE the kids that are the most sought after by the colleges. Like any other sport women's lacrosse is all about getting a match up advantage and keeping possession of the ball. If you can cause turnovers and cover your girl you are gold!
it sounds to me like you and coach Gait are making excuses.quite frankly, it doesn't sound like the girls get any better at the aggressive stick checking. You also state that " those ARE the kids that are the most sought after by the colleges" but then state "unlike a heels on the 8 meter team who want to pack it in so you don't have space to take advantage of their match ups". Sounds like your kind of admitting that not all coaches are looking for that style of player. You're just justifying an egressive style. I don't know a coach at any level that wants a girl to take a card, put there team down a player, and chance a goal for a wild swing at someones head. By the way, how did it work out for "Cuse?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

And again, we are not talking about stick checks or the younger girls. Of course stick checking is part of the game. It's the cheap shots to the wrist and that sort of stuff that earns the "thug ball" moniker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT WORTH IT, even the coaches mentioned are for the boys side. It will be a total waste of time and money, like everything else they do on the girls side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not the aggressive play that bothers me, its the dirty plays. The cheap shots, the butt ends, taking the body and not even going for the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it sounds to me like you and coach Gait are making excuses.quite frankly, it doesn't sound like the girls get any better at the aggressive stick checking. You also state that " those ARE the kids that are the most sought after by the colleges" but then state "unlike a heels on the 8 meter team who want to pack it in so you don't have space to take advantage of their match ups". Sounds like your kind of admitting that not all coaches are looking for that style of player. You're just justifying an egressive style. I don't know a coach at any level that wants a girl to take a card, put there team down a player, and chance a goal for a wild swing at someones head. By the way, how did it work out for "Cuse?

No I am not saying that. ANY coach will always take the better athlete and the better player, but not everyone can get them, so you coach to your players strengths. You can't go pressure a kid who is just going to run by your kid! I think Cuse has done just fine. BTW all the top teams will pressure the ball at some point because the can! Even the USA team does. Even with the goalie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worked them all the way to the national championship game and runner-up finish, second best team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And lost!!!! Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, in the absence of the Maryland teams from the "National Championship" in Colorado, last year's results was not a true representation of who is/was the best U15 team in the nation last year. YJ teams are good, no question, arguably one of the best depending on the year and the athletes, but without playing the teams that have beaten them in other tournaments it was like they were given a pass, and not really tested. Its a shame that that Maryland teams opted out. Anyone know why? Hopefully the Maryland teams will return to the tourney this year to make it a truly competitive event, last year, it clearly was not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And lost!!!! Thank you

This has become the most annoying exchange on this thread ever. Okay, great you both expressed your OPINIONS on the play of some YJ players. And yes, even the moderator is allowed to share his/her opinion on the matter. Endless paragraph after endless paragraph. Great. There is no winning the debate, some people very much like the style of play, some don't. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, I really think this aggressive pushing into dirty play stems from coaching at the youth level. Most youth coaches, (i.e. PAL) at least on LI, are Dads who played lax in high school and/or college and have never watched a girls lacrosse game. They dont understand how the game should be or could be played. Instead they revert to tactics they know or were taught in boys lacrosse and try to apply them to the girls game. There is a certain respect to game, in terms of how the game should be played, if girls are taught at the younger age by women coaches.
If you talk to former players who now are coaches, the majority do not want to see helmets in the game thus there coaching techniques are going to emphasis the correct way to check and play defense.
I realize it is a generalization about Dad coaches but I definitely believe there is truth to the argument. I don't understand how you can coach a sport, especially at the youth level, without ever playing the game. Boys vs Girls lacrosse are completely different sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And lost!!!! Thank you

This has become the most annoying exchange on this thread ever. Okay, great you both expressed your OPINIONS on the play of some YJ players. And yes, even the moderator is allowed to share his/her opinion on the matter. Endless paragraph after endless paragraph. Great. There is no winning the debate, some people very much like the style of play, some don't. Move on.
Sorry to make you read..... or even worse antically express your thoughts by writing more than sentence. But seeing as you have dismissed this discussion as boring I guess the rest of us have to listen

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And lost!!!! Thank you

Agreed. This has been a discussion point since I joined this forum, and it will never be agreed upon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, I really think this aggressive pushing into dirty play stems from coaching at the youth level. Most youth coaches, (i.e. PAL) at least on LI, are Dads who played lax in high school and/or college and have never watched a girls lacrosse game. They dont understand how the game should be or could be played. Instead they revert to tactics they know or were taught in boys lacrosse and try to apply them to the girls game. There is a certain respect to game, in terms of how the game should be played, if girls are taught at the younger age by women coaches.
If you talk to former players who now are coaches, the majority do not want to see helmets in the game thus there coaching techniques are going to emphasis the correct way to check and play defense.
I realize it is a generalization about Dad coaches but I definitely believe there is truth to the argument. I don't understand how you can coach a sport, especially at the youth level, without ever playing the game. Boys vs Girls lacrosse are completely different sports.
This is the most honest and realistic analyses of this problem I have seen.I also believe that the 'Cuse/ Gary Gait situation is a high level example of this analysis. Though I do believe there are dad/men coaches that can coach girls/woman. Even Gait admitted that prior to coaching 'Cuse he knew very little about the woman game. 'Cause will always contend, but I believe unless Gait alters his approach to better fit the woman game he will never win a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Carol should fire Tracy then since she's not qualified since she never played lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, in the absence of the Maryland teams from the "National Championship" in Colorado, last year's results was not a true representation of who is/was the best U15 team in the nation last year. YJ teams are good, no question, arguably one of the best depending on the year and the athletes, but without playing the teams that have beaten them in other tournaments it was like they were given a pass, and not really tested. Its a shame that that Maryland teams opted out. Anyone know why? Hopefully the Maryland teams will return to the tourney this year to make it a truly competitive event, last year, it clearly was not.

Ask yourself why they would saddle their parents with the expense and inconvenience of a Colorado/Florida tourney that few if any college coaches even attend? Club lacrosse is for being seen and being recruited, that's it. Clubs like M&D, Skywalkers, Hero's TLC and Capital seem to do a very good job of that without the U15. If they want to play top competition with no college coaches watching, they simply schedule "Playdays" where a subset of the above mentioned clubs get together for a day of games. a 10-20 mile drive and a half a day is all they have to commit to play some of the best teams in the country. They've got all summer and fall to bang heads with the club elite at multiple, well attended, mid-atlantic tounaments. Would guess that's why.

As a YJ parent, do you honestly think the U15 is worth the time and money you commit? I'm sure the club likes the free (for them) publicity however.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the most honest and realistic analyses of this problem I have seen.I also believe that the 'Cuse/ Gary Gait situation is a high level example of this analysis. Though I do believe there are dad/men coaches that can coach girls/woman. Even Gait admitted that prior to coaching 'Cuse he knew very little about the woman game. 'Cause will always contend, but I believe unless Gait alters his approach to better fit the woman game he will never win a championship.

What are you talking about ? Gary Gait knew very little about the women's game? Gait was the assistant coach for the Maryland women's team for like 7 years and won numerous National Championships. Jeeeezzzzz!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 years as an assistant on the Maryland women's team and he still "knew very little about the woman's game"? How could that possibly be? Was he just collecting a check?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should write him a letter explaining that he should stop recruiting all those NY thugs if is ever to win a championship. If you people can't handle the physical play of summer ball, you should very seriously consider stepping away from the game before playing in college, it is physically brutal at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Thug ball

To be clear.
This "thug ball" stuff started several years back during National Draw when 2015 YJ blue played 2015 TG black and a broken bone was sustained by a TG player. One goal game with a couple minutes left. Some deemed the check "cheap". Then the same 2015 YJ blue team played a MD team and a MD player sustained a broken leg. Some deemed the check "cheap". Same tournament...second incident.
That is when a poster started calling the YJ style of play "thug ball".

This moderator believes the YJ kids are aggressive but not "thugs". They play within the rules as other clubs do. They are carded as other players are when they violate the rules. "Thug ball" is old, untrue and frankly not representative of how the kids play.
Let it go......

To be clear, you don't know everything.

YJ got this reputation from that Florida tournament, but it wasn't just two incidents. They received numerous red cards in that event, and they continue to play a style of ball that results in injuries to other girls.

Like it or not, that club plays like thugs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should write him a letter explaining that he should stop recruiting all those NY thugs if is ever to win a championship. If you people can't handle the physical play of summer ball, you should very seriously consider stepping away from the game before playing in college, it is physically brutal at the next level. [/quote]

You guys don't get it. No one has a problem with aggressive plays. We have a problem with cheating and dirty thug lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask yourself why they would saddle their parents with the expense and inconvenience of a Colorado/Florida tourney that few if any college coaches even attend? Club lacrosse is for being seen and being recruited, that's it. Clubs like M&D, Skywalkers, Hero's TLC and Capital seem to do a very good job of that without the U15. If they want to play top competition with no college coaches watching, they simply schedule "Playdays" where a subset of the above mentioned clubs get together for a day of games. a 10-20 mile drive and a half a day is all they have to commit to play some of the best teams in the country. They've got all summer and fall to bang heads with the club elite at multiple, well attended, mid-atlantic tounaments. Would guess that's why.

As a YJ parent, do you honestly think the U15 is worth the time and money you commit? I'm sure the club likes the free (for them) publicity however.

Skywalkers won the U-15 championship a few years ago so the MD elite have attended. I would go to support the growth of the game. Many of the other regions that cannot travel to MD, NJ, NY and MA from CA, TX, FL and other places on a regular basis use this event as a way to gain experience against the rest of the country and continue to grow the sport in their region. The somewhat underlying issue that others have voiced is several members of the grade based elite teams in MD could not play together since they are older and do not qualify as a complete team for this aged based event. This year the event is in Midlothian VA (just south of Richmond), a much easier trip from MD so show-up, support the game as something bigger than just how can I get my daughter recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should write him a letter explaining that he should stop recruiting all those NY thugs if is ever to win a championship. If you people can't handle the physical play of summer ball, you should very seriously consider stepping away from the game before playing in college, it is physically brutal at the next level.

You guys don't get it. No one has a problem with aggressive plays. We have a problem with cheating and dirty thug lacrosse. [/quote]

just sounds like sour grapes...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody do the blue chip camp at Mitchell field? Thoughts/opinions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys don't get it. No one has a problem with aggressive plays. We have a problem with cheating and dirty thug lacrosse. [/quote]

People get it... You who spend countless hours talking about thug lacrosse on an anonymous adult playground called BOTC are a........ thug!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers won the U-15 championship a few years ago so the MD elite have attended. I would go to support the growth of the game. Many of the other regions that cannot travel to MD, NJ, NY and MA from CA, TX, FL and other places on a regular basis use this event as a way to gain experience against the rest of the country and continue to grow the sport in their region. The somewhat underlying issue that others have voiced is several members of the grade based elite teams in MD could not play together since they are older and do not qualify as a complete team for this aged based event. This year the event is in Midlothian VA (just south of Richmond), a much easier trip from MD so show-up, support the game as something bigger than just how can I get my daughter recruited.

Really, you're helping them grow their sport...if that helps you get through the day. Were you in CO? Did you actually watch any of the games? This past year, YJ teams won their pool games by an average score of 19-2 (Steps 16-4 and Elevate 20-1). I'm sure humiliating the competition in these epic beat-downs is the US Lacrosse blueprint for helping "grow the sport". Why would anyone want to pay thousands of dollars and a week of their time for that?

YJ and Steps are legit top 5 2017 teams, elevate is borderline top 10. It's not like it's just one or two top clubs that don't show up. I watched M&D, Capital and Lady Roc all beat 2017 Blue this fall...not one of those showed and only one is from MD.

As for Richmond 2015, if any club decides to go to the U-15 and then skips either of the two IWLCA sponsored events held there this summer, their parents should revolt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys don't get it. No one has a problem with aggressive plays. We have a problem with cheating and dirty thug lacrosse.

DELETED....This poster has been eliminated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, you're helping them grow their sport...if that helps you get through the day. Were you in CO? Did you actually watch any of the games? This past year, YJ teams won their pool games by an average score of 19-2 (Steps 16-4 and Elevate 20-1). I'm sure humiliating the competition in these epic beat-downs is the US Lacrosse blueprint for helping "grow the sport". Why would anyone want to pay thousands of dollars and a week of their time for that?

YJ and Steps are legit top 5 2017 teams, elevate is borderline top 10. It's not like it's just one or two top clubs that don't show up. I watched M&D, Capital and Lady Roc all beat 2017 Blue this fall...not one of those showed and only one is from MD.

As for Richmond 2015, if any club decides to go to the U-15 and then skips either of the two IWLCA sponsored events held there this summer, their parents should revolt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People get it... You who spend countless hours talking about thug lacrosse on an anonymous adult playground called BOTC are a........ thug! [/quote]

Boom . . . roasted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do M&D,Capital and Lady Roc beat YJ17 Blue in the summer when teams have their true rosters? This is an honest question I am not familiar with this age group and do not know who is the dominant team ,if there even is one. Or do these teams trade wins on a regular basis with no team seperating themselves from the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The U15 is not a competitive tournament and it's not getting any better. When the vast majority of top clubs choose to stay away year after year, the event is fundamentally flawed whether you accept it or not. Capital used to send a team, haven't in years. Skywalkers sent a team for a year or two, no longer. Steps sent a team last year but I don't think they are sending one in 2015 as they have both IWLCA Richmond events on their 2018 team's schedule.

Here's a thought: Would the U-15 be a better tournament overall if YJ didn't go? Wouldn't it immediately become more competitive?

Like Reply Quote
Page 217 of 327 1 2 215 216 217 218 219 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard