BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 214 of 327 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Saw some names missing from the US U19 final roster. Surprising???

Well, big congrats to girls who did make it!

think about the girls who didnt even get a chance to be evaluated...we have kids on LI who are better than some on the U19 roster....

Not sure who you are referring to but all the best of the best from LI were there, oh, except probably your kid who was a victim of some sort of politics I am sure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taylor Cummings was cut from her U19 team , shows you what the evaluators know about judging talent. Things have worked out pretty well for her as I am sure they will for all the girls from LI who tried out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt. Sinai kid noticeably absent. Heard about some attitude/commitment problems with her lax in the past year. Hope it's not true, kid can flat out play!

You mean run...hard shot and run...does she make others around her better?

Actually she does! Very unselfish player and probably the best defender on LI. So yeah I would say she makes everyone around her better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taylor Cummings was cut from her U19 team , shows you what the evaluators know about judging talent. Things have worked out pretty well for her as I am sure they will for all the girls from LI who tried out.

Micheal Jordan was cut from is high school team, some players further develope down the road. Shannon Smith was cut from the US senior team after winning multiple national titles, tewaraton, championships MVP awards. Explain that one with full 20/20 hindsight. You never know what the coaches are looking for, best guess is they are looking for team first players. Many of these kids go into these things looking to individually dominate play. Just do YOUR job, and play as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Micheal Jordan was cut from is high school team, some players further develope down the road. Shannon Smith was cut from the US senior team after winning multiple national titles, tewaraton, championships MVP awards. Explain that one with full 20/20 hindsight. You never know what the coaches are looking for, best guess is they are looking for team first players. Many of these kids go into these things looking to individually dominate play. Just do YOUR job, and play as a team.

True. And al that is fine until your down a few goals and someone has to take over then u want that player that CAN. Shannon Smith did it for Northwestern, Michael Jordan did it for the Bulls and so on and so on! Sometimes evaluators and coaches over evaluate! I want the player who the opposing players fear!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ = thug ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many roster spots are secured based on ability to fundraise or lack there of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ = thug ball

That is how Lacrosse is played on Long Island in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ = thug ball

That is how Lacrosse is played on Long Island in general.

Jealous much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see there are 4 YJ teams entered in the Varsity level at sports hub. What grades/age groups are those teams in the varsity level, Fire, Ice, Costa and Comerford? I only ask because I see the 2019 TG Black is playing in varsity division?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

For the record, Michael Jordan was never cut from any team. He was put on JV as a 10th grader. Varsity team was loaded with juniors and seniors. Look it up. You still have to wonder how great players get left off teams they rightfully belong on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many roster spots are secured based on ability to fundraise or lack there of.

Finally somebody is smart enough to follow the money! Along with making theses teams comes the committment to raise thousands of dollars for the program, $5-10K is par for the course

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then how does MC kid make it... I was told numerous charges at UA...me first mentality style of play 2arpws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see there are 4 YJ teams entered in the Varsity level at sports hub. What grades/age groups are those teams in the varsity level, Fire, Ice, Costa and Comerford? I only ask because I see the 2019 TG Black is playing in varsity division?

What YJ teams are those - what age group!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any of the top YJ alumni chosen the Junior College route. Knowing that college is expensive and scholarship money is rarely if ever complete have there been local top level girls that have chosen this direction. I know Nassau CC and other junior colleges in Maryland and NY seem to be a viable option for boys hoping to play at a D1 high level lacrosse after two years. Does the junior college route hold the same opportunities for girls looking to play D1 after?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 2020 teams and costa is 2019. A lot of 2020s will play on multiple teams with their town teams. Hunt. Plainedge. Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So kids can double up on teams and 7th graders are playing against 12th graders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt. Sinai kid noticeably absent. Heard about some attitude/commitment problems with her lax in the past year. Hope it's not true, kid can flat out play!

Actually she does! Very unselfish player and probably the best defender on LI. So yeah I would say she makes everyone around her better!

Stop. Great offensive talent, plays a very unmotivated defense... Not a great feeder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop. Great offensive talent, plays a very unmotivated defense... Not a great feeder.

Stop? R U serious? unmotivated? Defense has always been her calling card. You have no clue what u r talking abut! Agreed Feeding isn't her forte.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the kid from WB being an alternate is the biggest joke of all if they are actually looking for kids that make those around them better. Say what you want but some that made it are laughable compared to that kid .Gotta be committed to the correct school or have some other connection

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop? R U serious? unmotivated? Defense has always been her calling card. You have no clue what u r talking abut! Agreed Feeding isn't her forte.

You people are Ridiculous! The kid is the best of the best and so is the WB kid. Probably the 2 best LI has to offer and are both great 2 way players! If they didn't make it I don't know who should!

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Enough.
Both young ladies are deserving and are no doubt disappointed. This discussion needs to shift its focus off these two kids.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a yellow jackets thread....how many girls who made the U19 US team play for YJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is a yellow jackets thread....how many girls who made the U19 US team play for YJ?

4, on the YJ home page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Stop? R U serious? unmotivated? Defense has always been her calling card. You have no clue what u r talking abut! Agreed Feeding isn't her forte.[/quote]

You people are Ridiculous! The kid is the best of the best and so is the WB kid. Probably the 2 best LI has to offer and are both great 2 way players! If they didn't make it I don't know who should! [/quote]What I don't understand is why when the L.I. try out happened and people complained about kids that didn't make, it was "your kid isn't good enough too bad", and now it's these 2 didn't make it because of politics. How many very deserving girls never got off L.I. because of the same politics that you all tried to shut up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a parent already at our school with fundraising material in her hands talking to the school so I guess that's coming our way. "support our u19 player or..." who knows but I'm sure it will be negative. Those girls get a ton of gear but have to pay their own way to Scotland and the practice venues. OTOH, I feel it's not my problem. They knew this going in, and it's not up to the rest of us to fund their travel.

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supporting the u19 team is not about funding the girls' travel. The team will travel to Scotland whether girls raise money or do not. Maryland supports the sport whole heartedly. And the team. It is about supporting the u19 World Women's Lacrosse event. Hopefully, our lacrosse community can see beyond the jealousy of the girls selected and support the bigger picture, which is our sport. Wouldn't it be AMAZING to have women's lacrosse in the Olympics? There is talk of 2020, but more likely 2024. This dream will never happen for our sport if the communities that live and breath lacrosse don't get behind it. This is no longer about individuals. This is about the game of lacrosse and growing it to a world level. Long Island is one of the strongest regions represented on this team. Long Island has an opportunity to support the game and make Olympic dreams come true for our future generations. Support for u19 and the National Teams helps get the game closer to the Olympic level that it deserves. I would be proud to support any girl that asks for sponsorship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a parent already at our school with fundraising material in her hands talking to the school so I guess that's coming our way. "support our u19 player or..." who knows but I'm sure it will be negative. Those girls get a ton of gear but have to pay their own way to Scotland and the practice venues. OTOH, I feel it's not my problem. They knew this going in, and it's not up to the rest of us to fund their travel.

Thoughts?

That is what happens with amateur sports. Many amateur athletes must fundraise to support their endeavors. It's definitely not limited to lacrosse, but it is this way across the board in most other sports. Some are worse.

But with such a prestigious team, I suspect that many people will het behind these girls. I know I would attend/support a fundraiser if one of those girls was from my town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

That is what happens with amateur sports. Many amateur athletes must fundraise to support their endeavors. It's definitely not limited to lacrosse, but it is this way across the board in most other sports. Some are worse.

But with such a prestigious team, I suspect that many people will het behind these girls. I know I would attend/support a fundraiser if one of those girls was from my town.

People aren't going out of their way to raise money for someone elses kid to play lax on team USA, it's really that simple. Also the reason there are so many 30 yr olds on the USA team is their ability to raise big chunks of money,money, money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

People aren't going out of their way to raise money for someone elses kid to play lax on team USA, it's really that simple. Also the reason there are so many 30 yr olds on the USA team is their ability to raise big chunks of money,money, money

People will if the kid is well liked, and a positive member of their community. One who volunteers her own time on various charitable endeavors. I know the community of one of the girls will fundraise for her if need be (we live in that community and this young lady is a great role model for our younger girls, and does a great deal for others, way beyond lacrosse). Not even sure that she will need any financial assistance though, but if she does we will get behind her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

People will if the kid is well liked, and a positive member of their community. One who volunteers her own time on various charitable endeavors. I know the community of one of the girls will fundraise for her if need be (we live in that community and this young lady is a great role model for our younger girls, and does a great deal for others, way beyond lacrosse). Not even sure that she will need any financial assistance though, but if she does we will get behind her.

Not if the fundraising is at her family's place of busines like so many other fundraisers in town that benefit the family while under the guise of "helping the community." People are getting tired of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this different than the parent who runs the school lacrosse booster club and fundraises like mad to support the team that her daughter has no part playing on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

Not if the fundraising is at her family's place of busines like so many other fundraisers in town that benefit the family while under the guise of "helping the community." People are getting tired of that.

It sounds like at least you are tired of it. Good then please don't show up, no one wants people like you around anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

It sounds like at least you are tired of it. Good then please don't show up, no one wants people like you around anyway.
Don't worry they will just talk about you behind your back about not donating, it's a very materialistic town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

So you are criticizing a family who holds a fundraiser at their place of business, to help various charities and causes in their community? Your jealousy is at all time high levels, it seems to go deeper than your average lacrosse jealousy. You are a troubled person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snow day across Long Island tomorrow!!! All the crazies will be home all day with nothing better to do than to talk smack on this board. Let's go folks let the games begin. I'm board and you idiots are entertaining. Dance monkeys!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snow day across Long Island tomorrow!!! All the crazies will be home all day with nothing better to do than to talk smack on this board. Let's go folks let the games begin. I'm board and you idiots are entertaining. Dance monkeys!!!!

Adrenaline
Beach Bums
Blaze
Blue Devils
Express
fl$ Lacrosse
Icon
Legacy
Liberty
LI Jesters
LI Revolution
Revolution
Rough Rider
South Shore Surf
Team 91
Team Elevate
Title 9
Top Guns
Wave
365 Lax

Are all inferior to the mighty YJ.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Adrenaline
Beach Bums
Blaze
Blue Devils
Express
fl$ Lacrosse
Icon
Legacy
Liberty
LI Jesters
LI Revolution
Revolution
Rough Rider
South Shore Surf
Team 91
Team Elevate
Title 9
Top Guns
Wave
365 Lax

Are all inferior to the mighty YJ.

And awaaaay we go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cut and paste from the left side of the screen... Come on! You can do better than that. That's just lazy...

Like Reply Quote
Page 214 of 327 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard