BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry but 99% of 7th grade girls have no business playing varsity. I don't care how talented they are, they just don't have the physical development to hang with girls who are 3-5 years older. Is this story true, probably but I would also bet this thread was started by some jealous parent. Did these 7th graders earn their spot, doubtful, did someone cut a deal or call in a favor, most likely. Will they benefit from practicing with varsity players, most definitely. Will they be impact players doubtful even if the schools program is so weak.

You are 100% correct that 99% of 7th graders do not have any business playing varsity. Let's do the math. There are 125 school districts in Nassau and Suffolk. Lets say 10 kids from each 7th grade play lacrosse, that gives you 1250 7th graders playing lax this year. Lets say 5 get brought up to varsity. That is .4% That means you were actually a little low. You should have said that 99.6% of 7th graders have no business playing varsity.

What a dork... Take your pocket protector for a walk.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole problem could be solved if N.Y. went to a 8 semester (16 quarter) rule, but as usual our law makers keep this a screwed up system. Maryland has this rule and still seems to send as many or more kids to top colleges. this law would stop coaches from cradle robbing, and parents from politicing there kid to varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole problem could be solved if N.Y. went to a 8 semester (16 quarter) rule, but as usual our law makers keep this a screwed up system. Maryland has this rule and still seems to send as many or more kids to top colleges. this law would stop coaches from cradle robbing, and parents from politicing there kid to varsity

I noticed you mentioned Maryland and their 16 quarter rule however you neglected to mention that Maryland is also where some kids either begin school a year later or repeat 8th grade . My niece played in college with a freshman who was 20 from McDonogh .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many 19 to 20 yr old freshman on these division 1 rosters. Did a little research. It's crazy. I was a 20 yr old junior. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed you mentioned Maryland and their 16 quarter rule however you neglected to mention that Maryland is also where some kids either begin school a year later or repeat 8th grade . My niece played in college with a freshman who was 20 from McDonogh .
First, Maryland cut off date is later than ours is, so, just like us in N.Y. some Md. parents might decide to not enroll a child that is born late in Oct. Nov, or Dec. As far as prefirst goes that seems to be a prep school thing that I just don't get, I am having a hard time believing a parent could have the foresight to hold a child out at 5 to gain an athletic edge at 13. Holdbacks are just cheaters, plain and simple and should disqualify a kid, or force a year of eligibility to be used in college unless the kids grades was the reason, that should fix that problem. This discussion was how to stop middle school kids from playing varsity and the 16 quarters rule would work

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know the truth of this but Hearing Rocky Point may have new high profile coach lined up on the boys side after this season. New AD coming in.

RP is hoping to bring in the former Sayville Head Coach.

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the deleted daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

This isn't true. This is a misstatement based on hearsay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In this stupid sport you could bring up 6th graders. There is zero physicality involved. Any girl that can run, catch, cradle, and throw can play. Let's move on from this ridiculous discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know the truth of this but Hearing Rocky Point may have new high profile coach lined up on the boys side after this season. New AD coming in.

I heard that Sayville Girls Varsity is bring up 2 7th graders. One of them being the deleted daughter! Talk about earning your spot! Bringing 7th graders up to varsity is a joke. That team is done!

No, not at all. It is confirmed and the older girls are very upset. It's very obvious why one is being brought up (dad) and they can't bring her up without bringing up her friend or her insane parents will camp out on the AD's door.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not at all. It is confirmed and the older girls are very upset. It's very obvious why one is being brought up (dad) and they can't bring her up without bringing up her friend or her insane parents will camp out on the AD's door.

Only insane parent is you, No girl is upset, stop creating drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think again. It's going to be ugly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ugly when the only one cheering for the kids are the overachiever parent, and the kids not producing. Will be sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sayville AD should grow a spine. He let the Varsity coach get run out of town and really doesn't seem to be able to stand up for what is best for the town and its programs. Isn't that his main job?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only insane parent is you, No girl is upset, stop creating drama. [/quote]

The Sayville AD should grow a spine. He let the Varsity coach get run out of town and really doesn't seem to be able to stand up for what is best for the town and its programs. Isn't that his main job? [/quote]
Sad that the boys coach was run out, but he has moved on and has encouraged others to do the same. If you are a resident and have a problem call the AD, dont continually air your grievances here. Seems like the same person over and over. We get it your
Afraid some little 7th grader is taking your daughters spot on Varsity and you're not happy. It is a little early to cry, every varsity coach wants the best kids out there. If your kid is better then she will play. Wait till the season starts and see how it Plays out. ESM had similar issues in the past, some girls belonged others didn't. But Coach played the best 12. Others ride the bench, end of story not your problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sayville AD should grow a spine. He let the Varsity coach get run out of town and really doesn't seem to be able to stand up for what is best for the town and its programs. Isn't that his main job? [/quote]
Sad that the boys coach was run out, but he has moved on and has encouraged others to do the same. If you are a resident and have a problem call the AD, dont continually air your grievances here. Seems like the same person over and over. We get it your
Afraid some little 7th grader is taking your daughters spot on Varsity and you're not happy. It is a little early to cry, every varsity coach wants the best kids out there. If your kid is better then she will play. Wait till the season starts and see how it Plays out. ESM had similar issues in the past, some girls belonged others didn't. But Coach played the best 12. Others ride the bench, end of story not your problem. [/quote]

Not even close. My kid will play. She's much better than them. But when a 7th grader gets pulled up when she doesn't deserve it just because her dad is a coach in the district, I'm concerned with the system. It's broken. My daughter has worked hard and her team is being weakened by players who have no right being there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know the kid doesn't deserve it? The season hasn't started, you haven't even seen the kid play yet. How do you know your kid is better than the the 7th grader? How is one or two kids going to weaken the team? If they are not as good as the other players they will not play. Still sounds like you're worried and jealous. Perhaps your daughter is a good player, are you upset because she didn't get the same opportunities? Any way you play it I am sure your daughter would be utterly ashamed that her parent had taken to a website to bash little 12 year olds and their families.

It is a little scary the vitriol against this kid from you, almost scary. Are you sick enough to tell your daughter to target these young ladies in practice? You did threaten it would get " ugly".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please have a separate girls high school forum and a separate boys high school forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know the kid doesn't deserve it? The season hasn't started, you haven't even seen the kid play yet. How do you know your kid is better than the the 7th grader? How is one or two kids going to weaken the team? If they are not as good as the other players they will not play. Still sounds like you're worried and jealous. Perhaps your daughter is a good player, are you upset because she didn't get the same opportunities? Any way you play it I am sure your daughter would be utterly ashamed that her parent had taken to a website to bash little 12 year olds and their families.

It is a little scary the vitriol against this kid from you, almost scary. Are you sick enough to tell your daughter to target these young ladies in practice? You did threaten it would get " ugly".

Ha, target her?

We're talking girls lacrosse, so I imagine that'd just be angrily waving a stick a couple feet from her face until the ref blows the whistle. Then everyone on the field would turn and look at the ref in confusion until someone's given the ball.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard