BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 83 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
explain to me haw a 7th grader earned the right to be on varsity? Did they play better than every other P.A.L. kid? Have you witnessed many H.S. practices? Same drill run by coach over and over, good for fundamentals, but I thought we were talking about advanced players that could already pass and catch? A 2 hour practice with a good coach that teaches plays, strategy , and advances your lax I.Q. is far better than running line drills, and shooting drills 2hours a day 5 days a week. Lets face it, if your kid is going to be pulled up it's because your in a weak lacrosse school, and line and shooting drills will be order of the day every day.

It just shows what an ignorant moron you are. Its simple they earn it because they have put in the time to be a better more skilled player than the older kid. Many coaches are involved with their teams in the fall and get a look at these younger kids. The top seeded team in section xi has brought kids up for years as has the top seeded c team in suffolk (not sure about the B teams). You come across as a weasel who knows there are kids who will take your kids spot but feel she has earned the spot because she has been thru more what you seem to feel are useless practices, makes no sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
explain to me haw a 7th grader earned the right to be on varsity? Did they play better than every other P.A.L. kid? Have you witnessed many H.S. practices? Same drill run by coach over and over, good for fundamentals, but I thought we were talking about advanced players that could already pass and catch? A 2 hour practice with a good coach that teaches plays, strategy , and advances your lax I.Q. is far better than running line drills, and shooting drills 2hours a day 5 days a week. Lets face it, if your kid is going to be pulled up it's because your in a weak lacrosse school, and line and shooting drills will be order of the day every day.

It just shows what an ignorant moron you are. Its simple they earn it because they have put in the time to be a better more skilled player than the older kid. Many coaches are involved with their teams in the fall and get a look at these younger kids. The top seeded team in section xi has brought kids up for years as has the top seeded c team in suffolk (not sure about the B teams). You come across as a weasel who knows there are kids who will take your kids spot but feel she has earned the spot because she has been thru more what you seem to feel are useless practices, makes no sense.
My kid is almost done, and never missed a varsity start from freshman year on. Unlike you I didn't feel the need to live through my kid, though I throughly enjoyed every minuet of watching her play. In checking the schedule I see that your outstanding 7th grader will be playing my daughter, and I am looking forward to seeing these well accomplished athletes you think have earned a spot on a varsity team take on my daughter. to make it more interesting, it happens late in the season so you will have no excuses. as far as being a moron , it is you that is uninformed and caught in a lie. N.Y.S does not allow coaches to particapate in, or mandate practice, and can not actively take place in the recruitment of players : I.E. non high school age kids, out of season. So with that being said your either lying, or you just screwed your coach, here are the rules as they are written

VII. Out of Season Practice Policy
On May 24, 2000, the Section XI Athletic Council eliminated the Section XI Out of Season Practice Policy (sometimes referred to as the 49% rule) entirely!

Understand, however, that this action does not necessarily make practicing out of season OK. Schools are still bound by the NYSPHSAA regulations. They are:

NYSPHSAA REGULATION - PRACTICE SESSIONS:
a. An organized practice in grades 7-12 is a session for the purpose of providing instruction and practice in physical conditioning activities, skills, team play, and game strategy designed expressly for that sport under the supervision of a qualified coach appointed by the Board of Education of the local school district. Such instruction and practice shall be held only during the season designated for that sport.
c. School sponsored activities conducted out of the sport season such as general conditioning, weight training, weight lifting, intramurals, recreation, open gyms, club activities and camps are permitted: 1. If such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel; 2. If such programs are available to all students.
d. Non-school sponsored activities are permitted if such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel. It is recommended that no school equipment be used for these programs as per State Comptroller Opinion 85-37.

Rev 5/11

VIII. Recruiting of Athletes
To maintain the educational standards and dignity of our academic and athletic programs, all member schools of Section XI must refrain from practices such as recruitments, enticements, inducements, or other pressures which encourage students for athletic purposes to leave or not to enter their schools of normal enrollment or schools in which they are enrolled.

Schools alleged to be in violation will be referred to the Ethics Committee.

Upon request, member schools that receive tuition must make available to Section XI all records of financial aid to athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think a two hour practice once a week teaches strategy and advances your lacrosse IQ? Then I feel sorry for the high school your daughter plays for. I do watch a lot of high level high school games and the coaches know what they are doing. You practice what you preach. Lets be honest here, the officiating at the club level leaves a lot to the imagination,defense at the club level is a joke compared to how defense is played at the high school level. You do not need a coach to run line drills and shooting drills all you need is a wall and a net. You need a coach to develop your offense, defense, clears and rides as well as your sportsmanship and overall team play. If you can do that in 2 hours once a week than you chose the right club.
If your lucky enough to play for one of the to 7 or 8 high schools then good for you, but as a whole H.S.teams are not that good at defense and have no Offensive strategy,. Club practices are much better because, presumably, every girl all ready plays at a high level, therefore, the 1 hour of line and shooting drills are kept to a 5 min. warm up. You obversely don't watch many H.S. games on L.I. because the officiating becomes various from game to game, the same refs aren't even consistent game to game. Just for giggles, as a poll, where is it worse Nassau of Suffolk? my daughter is finished with both club and H.S. and I can tell you that without question she got more out of club practice than H.S. If your daughter is opposite than your at one of these schools
E.I.
Nport
'set
G.C.
E.S.M.
Mt. S
Oside
Fdale
sachem E
stown E&W
W.I.
csh
Haup
Hunt.
sayville
swr
wantaugh
good for her but at most schools thats not the case. because that list is less than 20 schools in 3 div. when there are 98 public schools competing on L.I.

agreed. my daughter's school (one of the largest) is not on your list and she definitely gets more from club than HS. HS coach doesn't know what he's doing. she's relying mostly on outside training, hard work at home, and club team for improvement and recruiting. HS lax keeps the stick in her hand, keeps her around good kids, good for school spirit & pride, and helps with conditioning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is almost done, and never missed a varsity start from freshman year on. Unlike you I didn't feel the need to live through my kid, though I throughly enjoyed every minuet of watching her play. In checking the schedule I see that your outstanding 7th grader will be playing my daughter, and I am looking forward to seeing these well accomplished athletes you think have earned a spot on a varsity team take on my daughter. to make it more interesting, it happens late in the season so you will have no excuses. as far as being a moron , it is you that is uninformed and caught in a lie. N.Y.S does not allow coaches to particapate in, or mandate practice, and can not actively take place in the recruitment of players : I.E. non high school age kids, out of season. So with that being said your either lying, or you just screwed your coach, here are the rules as they are written

On May 24, 2000, the Section XI Athletic Council eliminated the Section XI Out of Season Practice Policy (sometimes referred to as the 49% rule) entirely!

Understand, however, that this action does not necessarily make practicing out of season OK. Schools are still bound by the NYSPHSAA regulations. They are:

a. An organized practice in grades 7-12 is a session for the purpose of providing instruction and practice in physical conditioning activities, skills, team play, and game strategy designed expressly for that sport under the supervision of a qualified coach appointed by the Board of Education of the local school district. Such instruction and practice shall be held only during the season designated for that sport.
c. School sponsored activities conducted out of the sport season such as general conditioning, weight training, weight lifting, intramurals, recreation, open gyms, club activities and camps are permitted: 1. If such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel; 2. If such programs are available to all students.
d. Non-school sponsored activities are permitted if such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel. It is recommended that no school equipment be used for these programs as per State Comptroller Opinion 85-37.

Rev 5/11

To maintain the educational standards and dignity of our academic and athletic programs, all member schools of Section XI must refrain from practices such as recruitments, enticements, inducements, or other pressures which encourage students for athletic purposes to leave or not to enter their schools of normal enrollment or schools in which they are enrolled.

Upon request, member schools that receive tuition must make available to Section XI all records of financial aid to athletes.

With every thing you post you just show what a moron you are. A high school coach is allowed to have open stick skill sessions etc. that are open to any age groups he or she wishes .Go to any of the out of season tournaments or leagues and you will see plenty of actual high school coaches on the sidelines with kids in middle school age groups playing among the high school elite.As far as playing against your high school age stud , I have no idea who your kid is so please give me a clue so my middle school kid can abuse her because by your comments its obvious she has never been considered elite. Please keep posting your ignorant posts about rules you have no idea about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rev 5/11

Dude you really are making yourself seem clueless. Many coaches hold off season workouts and put teams in tournaments and leagues in which they get a look at kids who are coming up , its just that these things are not mandatory. Actually it works against the point you are so feebly trying to make in that a lot of time the upperclassmen who are not committed to lax do not attend while these middle school kids show to everything trying to prove themselves.You may want to think these things thru prior to posting.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]You really think a two hour practice once a week teaches strategy and advances your lacrosse IQ? Then I feel sorry for the high school your daughter plays for. I do watch a lot of high level high school games and the coaches know what they are doing. You practice what you preach. Lets be honest here, the officiating at the club level leaves a lot to the imagination,defense at the club level is a joke compared to how defense is played at the high school level. You do not need a coach to run line drills and shooting drills all you need is a wall and a net. You need a coach to develop your offense, defense, clears and rides as well as your sportsmanship and overall team play. If you can do that in 2 hours once a week than you chose the right club.
If your lucky enough to play for one of the to 7 or 8 high schools then good for you, but as a whole H.S.teams are not that good at defense and have no Offensive strategy,. Club practices are much better because, presumably, every girl all ready plays at a high level, therefore, the 1 hour of line and shooting drills are kept to a 5 min. warm up. You obversely don't watch many H.S. games on L.I. because the officiating becomes various from game to game, the same refs aren't even consistent game to game. Just for giggles, as a poll, where is it worse Nassau of Suffolk? my daughter is finished with both club and H.S. and I can tell you that without question she got more out of club practice than H.S. If your daughter is opposite than your at one of these schools
E.I.
Nport
'set
G.C.
E.S.M.
Mt. S
Oside
Fdale
sachem E
stown E&W
W.I.
csh
Haup
Hunt.
sayville
swr
wantaugh
good for her but at most schools thats not the case. because that list is less than 20 schools in 3 div. when there are 98 public schools competing on L.I.

Agreed. My daughter's school (one of the largest) is not on your list and she definitely gets more from club than HS. HS coach doesn't know what he's doing. she's relying mostly on outside training, hard work at home, and club team for improvement and recruiting. HS lax keeps the stick in her hand, keeps her around good kids, good for school spirit & pride, and helps with conditioning. [/quote

Exactly. My daughter brought a play to her HS team that was successful in her club, HS coach blew her off (no challenging his power), then ten days later he introduced the same play to the team as if it was new. My point being that many HS coaches don't have a very high lax IQ and the girls learn far more at their clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every school is on the high wire with "open gyms and off season weight training" most coaches are way too close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually do watch a lot of games and if your going to blame the officials everytime it does not go the way you wish your in for a long season. Its not an easy game to officiate but the High School game is much better officiated than the club games. Obviously the more skilled the teams the better officiated the game. Another thing to consider when your daughters are coached properly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rev 5/11

Dude you really are making yourself seem clueless. Many coaches hold off season workouts and put teams in tournaments and leagues in which they get a look at kids who are coming up , its just that these things are not mandatory. Actually it works against the point you are so feebly trying to make in that a lot of time the upperclassmen who are not committed to lax do not attend while these middle school kids show to everything trying to prove themselves.You may want to think these things thru prior to posting.

So true - our HS coach is running winter training and all of the MS parents and players are so far up her *ss to get attention and to try to get "seen" by her. It's really quite funny to watch them kiss *ss and line her pockets with the hopes that they will get pulled up.

The basic rule of thumb should be - is this kid a potential starter who can make a real impact. If not leave them in MS or JV and let them play rather than riding the bench. However, many of these parents are already the ones who love to talk about their daughter's success in club which in reality is their daughter's team's success. Same parents who are so excited to win a championship at XYZ Tournament but there daughter did not step on the field in the playoffs.

There are only a handful of truly elite players but parent's will disagree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are NO 7th graders that can match up with a legit 11-12th grade varsity starter. They will never be able to run with the midfielders and they will be dominated by good defenders if they play attack.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part is that most of these 7th and 8th graders that are looking to go up were held back in the first place. Parents hold these kids back to give them an advanatage then want them to play up because middle school is not a challenge.
It's a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are NO 7th graders that can match up with a legit 11-12th grade varsity starter. They will never be able to run with the midfielders and they will be dominated by good defenders if they play attack.

Please tell me the team that has a full team of these legit 11-12th graders that no 7th grader in the country can compete with, there are none . Yes there are teams and players that even the top 7 the graders would struggle against but so would just about every other high school player. Why do you think it's different than other sports especially considering it is a non contact sport by rule. In all individual sports in high school where opinion means nothing there are 7-8th graders that compete with the best of them , it's just in girls lacrosse you have parents such as yourself that are so blinded by jealousy they can't actually see the talent of other kids. What team does your daughter play on so I can laugh when some 7 the grader lights her up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me the team that has a full team of these legit 11-12th graders that no 7th grader in the country can compete with, there are none . Yes there are teams and players that even the top 7 the graders would struggle against but so would just about every other high school player. Why do you think it's different than other sports especially considering it is a non contact sport by rule. In all individual sports in high school where opinion means nothing there are 7-8th graders that compete with the best of them , it's just in girls lacrosse you have parents such as yourself that are so blinded by jealousy they can't actually see the talent of other kids. What team does your daughter play on so I can laugh when some 7 the grader lights her up.
You are a dangerously stupid parent! By rule Girls lax is non contact, but it is very physical, and contact happens all the time. I have seen girls break legs, hands from checks, get cross checked to the throat, get laid out on the crease etc..As far as teams you little 7th grader couldn't play against Mc Donough, G.C., Manhasset, Northport, F-Dale, Sayville, St anthony's, Vero Beach, Amongst others would physically maul your kid. As far as laughing at me , I told you our kids will play this year, I'll let you know when it's done. I truly hope you don't think A few 7th graders are going to make RIVERHEAD a competitive team all of a sudden? Take some advice, shut your mouth now before you look even more foolish. This board has a long memory and your too new and stupid to this game to be shooting your mouth off. Their are lots of girls on lots of teams that have put in twice as many years playing this game than your kid, your little girl is not unique to lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You are a dangerously stupid parent! By rule Girls lax is non contact, but it is very physical, and contact happens all the time. I have seen girls break legs, hands from checks, get cross checked to the throat, get laid out on the crease etc..As far as teams you little 7th grader couldn't play against Mc Donough, G.C., Manhasset, Northport, F-Dale, Sayville, St anthony's, Vero Beach, Amongst others would physically maul your kid. As far as laughing at me , I told you our kids will play this year, I'll let you know when it's done. I truly hope you don't think A few 7th graders are going to make RIVERHEAD a competitive team all of a sudden? Take some advice, shut your mouth now before you look even more foolish. This board has a long memory and your too new and stupid to this game to be shooting your mouth off. Their are lots of girls on lots of teams that have put in twice as many years playing this game than your kid, your little girl is not unique to lacrosse.

Agree 100%. Upperclassman are that much bigger, what I call "womanized" than a 7th grader, no matter how tall she is. They are just physically dominant. And they're more experienced and confident. Any 7th grader who tries to dodge the net everytime she gets the ball because that's what works in club is going to have her [lacrosse] handed to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless your from Rocky Point and your daughter plays for the Lady Eagle which may I add is coached by a dedicated parent who should really be the Varsity HEAD coach , most would tell you everyone of those 7th / 8th graders are far more superior then any Varsity player from 10 - 12th grade in the district and are coached to play against any level of competition , which again was molded by the youth organization who does a phenomenal job with the program without any help from varsity coaches

Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Agree 100%. Upperclassman are that much bigger, what I call "womanized" than a 7th grader, no matter how tall she is. They are just physically dominant. And they're more experienced and confident. Any 7th grader who tries to dodge the net everytime she gets the ball because that's what works in club is going to have her [lacrosse] handed to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this is a stupid question but what would the advantage be for a varsity coach to move a girl up unless they felt they would be at least somewhat successful? I can't imagine coaches would take any 7th/8th grader up unless they were truly a "special" player. Why would she/he waste their time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this is a stupid question but what would the advantage be for a varsity coach to move a girl up unless they felt they would be at least somewhat successful? I can't imagine coaches would take any 7th/8th grader up unless they were truly a "special" player. Why would she/he waste their time?
POLITICS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a 7/8 grader gets pulled up to varsity it is usually from a weak district with a bad youth program. It is extremely rare for it to happen in a strong program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really?
You my dear follower are dilusional. Unfortunately the drop out rate of rp high school girls lax players due to the poorly ran high school program , leaves no choice but to fill the void . In this instance an organized youth program makes it easier for varsity coach run a team that runs itself with minumal effort

Unless your from Rocky Point and your daughter plays for the Lady Eagle which may I add is coached by a dedicated parent who should really be the Varsity HEAD coach , most would tell you everyone of those 7th / 8th graders are far more superior then any Varsity player from 10 - 12th grade in the district and are coached to play against any level of competition , which again was molded by the youth organization who does a phenomenal job with the program without any help from varsity coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lady Eagle, Lady bagle, Lady whatever. Your 7th grader is gonna get whipped against most 11-12th grade starting varsity players.. We know she is special but thats reality. Trying to compare girls lax with swimming, gymnastics, tennis is stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you make it way to easy to make you look like the dumb [lacrosse] you are. First I am not from Riverhead but it shows a lot about your character when you talk about looking forward to playing a team that is still new and non-competitive, lets just say again your kid is obviously not an elite player. Next you mention Farmingdale and Northport , ask their head coaches if they would bring up a 7th grader if they thought she deserved it, I know for a fact they would, can you say Courtney Fortunato. The other teams you talk about 99 percent of Long Island teams will not play. So transparent your kid is borderline varsity and you are worried about some 7th grader displacing her, tell her to work harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your stupid!
Skill and agility supersedes Varsity size. Don't hate the Bald Eagle!

Lady Eagle, Lady bagle, Lady whatever. Your 7th grader is gonna get whipped against most 11-12th grade starting varsity players.. We know she is special but thats reality. Trying to compare girls lax with swimming, gymnastics, tennis is stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any reason why the 7th grader can't play JV in 7th and then either brought up to varsity during the season or play a full year of JV in 7th and then play varsity in 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't know already the success at one time in this program came from the current coaches brother JS who is now the SBU head coach , any player who actually made a name for themselves when this program was on top of their game under JS rule was due to the fact he developed them. when JS had left he also left behind many younger upcoming players who still had that proper way of playing the game imbedded in there heads by JS! , so hence a few years after he left the program it still survived. now that they have all gone off to college , there's nothing developed enough to compete under direction of the current coach because he failed to build the under classman , He now utilizes the youth players who have been religiously taught by an outstanding youth coach to keep his varsity program afloat , and as stated earlier with minimal effort of his own, He recently brought in this youth coach into school program to make it easier for the youth organization to support him .

Really?
You my dear follower are dilusional. Unfortunately the drop out rate of rp high school girls lax players due to the poorly ran high school program , leaves no choice but to fill the void . In this instance an organized youth program makes it easier for varsity coach run a team that runs itself with minumal effort

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is going to be best team in Div 1 this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because she needs to feed the YJ machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you make it way to easy to make you look like the dumb [lacrosse] you are. First I am not from Riverhead but it shows a lot about your character when you talk about looking forward to playing a team that is still new and non-competitive, lets just say again your kid is obviously not an elite player. Next you mention Farmingdale and Northport , ask their head coaches if they would bring up a 7th grader if they thought she deserved it, I know for a fact they would, can you say Courtney Fortunato. The other teams you talk about 99 percent of Long Island teams will not play. So transparent your kid is borderline varsity and you are worried about some 7th grader displacing her, tell her to work harder.
You must have gone to the Obama school of Spinning B.S. The whole conversation was revolving around Riverbed 7th graders being pulled up, and all of a sudden your not from Riverbed? OK my mistake. Yes I can say Courtney Fortunato, A very rare occurrence in N-Port that will probably not happen again for a long time because the program is strong and really does not need to pull 7th graders up all the time and defiantly not in mass. Can you name 1 from F-dale that has been pulled up? My kid is not a borderline player at all, Signed to a D1, what about yours, I sure she will be starting at Duke right. As far as your asinine statement about the teams from L.I. to refresh you obviously feeble mind, it was in answer to your question, And I quote "Please tell me the team that has a full team of these legit 11-12th graders that no 7th grader in the country can compete with, there are none ."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have gone to the Obama school of Spinning B.S. The whole conversation was revolving around Riverbed 7th graders being pulled up, and all of a sudden your not from Riverbed? OK my mistake. Yes I can say Courtney Fortunato, A very rare occurrence in N-Port that will probably not happen again for a long time because the program is strong and really does not need to pull 7th graders up all the time and defiantly not in mass. Can you name 1 from F-dale that has been pulled up? My kid is not a borderline player at all, Signed to a D1, what about yours, I sure she will be starting at Duke right. As far as your asinine statement about the teams from L.I. to refresh you obviously feeble mind, it was in answer to your question, And I quote "Please tell me the team that has a full team of these legit 11-12th graders that no 7th grader in the country can compete with, there are none ."

Wow your kid is going to be on a D1 lax team, big deal, no one cares. By the way Northport is bringing a kid up from 7th grade this season. Stop be jealous of these 7th graders that have already surpassed your kids playing ability . Its just so idiotic that you are okay with 8th graders being brought up but not 7th graders as if something magical happens to all these athletes between those two grades.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Wow your kid is going to be on a D1 lax team, big deal, no one cares. By the way Northport is bringing a kid up from 7th grade this season. Stop be jealous of these 7th graders that have already surpassed your kids playing ability . Its just so idiotic that you are okay with 8th graders being brought up but not 7th graders as if something magical happens to all these athletes between those two grades.

Something magical does happen. It's called growth. Both physical and emotional. Seventh graders do not belong on a varsity team.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

A 7th or 8th grade student should be a rare exception to any varsity team and even a JV team. It is so much more than the physical nature. It is also the social and academic nature.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't follow girls lacrosse as closely as I would like. But I do have to say LY I have seen a few girls that fit the bill of 7th graders ready to play JV and be pulled up for playoffs or the mid season.

There are a handful of these girls and some are thick and some are thin. Jut as Seniors have both thick and thin frames. Stop saying size. It is ability at the level and safety of the child.

I said it on the boys side and the same applies to the girls side. Having some of these girls play MS is against MS sports policy why or how because it gives that team an unfair advantage. MS is supposed to be a level field. MS is still developmental. If a child has the aptitude and skill that player belongs on the HS team. Not saying Varsity but JV and then maybe get pulled up. what is so wrong about that.

Pulling a 7th grader to JV is compared (not the same compared) to pulling a sophomore to Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Which Daddy-coach is worse - in a travel club or high school JV in his own town?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't follow girls lacrosse as closely as I would like. But I do have to say LY I have seen a few girls that fit the bill of 7th graders ready to play JV and be pulled up for playoffs or the mid season.

There are a handful of these girls and some are thick and some are thin. Jut as Seniors have both thick and thin frames. Stop saying size. It is ability at the level and safety of the child.

I said it on the boys side and the same applies to the girls side. Having some of these girls play MS is against MS sports policy why or how because it gives that team an unfair advantage. MS is supposed to be a level field. MS is still developmental. If a child has the aptitude and skill that player belongs on the HS team. Not saying Varsity but JV and then maybe get pulled up. what is so wrong about that.

Pulling a 7th grader to JV is compared (not the same compared) to pulling a sophomore to Varsity.

"Having some of these girls play MS is against MS sports policy why or how because it gives that team an unfair advantage."

Huh? MS sports are for seventh and eighth graders. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to play at their age level and with their friends because they're too good? Now I've heard everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows the 7th graders playing good lacrosse on Long Island. A few of them can probably contribute to a playoff caliber varsity team and if that is the case great - but not many can. None will excel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Having some of these girls play MS is against MS sports policy why or how because it gives that team an unfair advantage."

Huh? MS sports are for seventh and eighth graders. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to play at their age level and with their friends because they're too good? Now I've heard everything.

Yes THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!!
No player should dominate a field/court in any MS sport. Those players are the players that should be moved up. Test or not. Keeping some of these type of players in the MS ranks is dangerous in itself.

There is a 7th grade boy that if his HS doesn't move him up can seriously hurt a goalie with his shot. His school district would be irresponsible, libel even, if they decided to not push him up. But in the boys game you can hit the goalie without penalty - girls is different you cant hit the goalie (or not supposed to) but there are those few (and that is what we are argueeing over) not the norm that should be moved up

The selection classification notes this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Courtney Fortunato was not on varsity as a 7th grader, Dene (Hopkins) also played middle school lacrosse in 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!!
No player should dominate a field/court in any MS sport. Those players are the players that should be moved up. Test or not. Keeping some of these type of players in the MS ranks is dangerous in itself.

There is a 7th grade boy that if his HS doesn't move him up can seriously hurt a goalie with his shot. His school district would be irresponsible, libel even, if they decided to not push him up. But in the boys game you can hit the goalie without penalty - girls is different you cant hit the goalie (or not supposed to) but there are those few (and that is what we are argueeing over) not the norm that should be moved up

The selection classification notes this!

Are you still going to yell across the field at your HS coach to sub when your daughter is not in the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The little legacy from northport is on the ground crying at least once a game against kids her own age, I can only imagine how that will translate to HS sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares my kid will play D1 lax? no one but me and her, and thats fine with us. What I am saying, and what her playing D1 lax ,means is that she put her time in and is top quality player, yours not so much. what your saying is that everyone should step aside because YOU say your daughter is better, we say prove it. Not on a a PA.L. field, or against other 12 year olds like in club, but at least 1 year in M.S. and if she is that good then yes pull her up. Enough people have proven you wrong No Courtney didn't play in 7th grade. C.R. is big on legacy players so no surprise there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Courtney Fortunato was not on varsity as a 7th grader, Dene (Hopkins) also played middle school lacrosse in 7th grade.

Fyi- CF did in fact play varsity in 7th grade

Page 41 of 83 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard