BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 205 of 327 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You're NUTS!

To each his own but I agree. This comment is nuts and/or badly informed. 20 years after graduation no one will care what number you graduated if you come out of a top tier, recognized school. If you go to Harvard, Yale or Northwestern, etc, you'll get into graduate school, if you want, and have a very real head start in life irrespective of your class ranking. The value of the brand cant be underestimated. [/
Please if you are just a young student and reading this go out and do research. I have been involved with admissions to a very competitive graduate school on Long Island for years and the above post could not be further from the truth. Graduate schools set certain standards for admission one of which is GPA irrespective of school attended. If you go to Harvard and graduate with a 2.0 GPA you will not be going to Medical School in this country, if you graduate from Hofstra with a 3.8 you have a chance.

When the final choice is between Harvard and Hofstra you take Hofstra I'll take Harvard. BTW there are no competitive graduate schools on Long Island.

This is why an uneducated person like you should no longer post. Stony Brook Medical School, Stony Brook School of Dentistry, Hofstra Law School are all very competitive graduate schools on Long Island. The fact that you have no idea about these programs tells me you are clueless. Personally I went to a state school then graduate school at an Ivy. Just so you know many an Ivy undergrad have applied to the above graduate schools and been denied admission.Looking forward to another witty retort from the uneducated I'll take Harvard guy.

Actually, the Harvard kid would not have to go to a LI graduate school because the Ivy League takes care of their own and would get into a Harvard graduate program if they wanted to... [/quote]

Looks like you smartened up after undergraduate school but nobody cares where you went - so you're an idiot for bringing it up. If you want to go to law school at hofstra instead of northwestern go ahead. If you want to go to medical school at stony brook instead of harvard go ahead. The point is the kids should get the best educations they can and if lacrosse helps them do it then they should use it to their advantages - and no one in their lifetimes will ever question a degree from a recognized top school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Actually, the Harvard kid would not have to go to a LI graduate school because the Ivy League takes care of their own and would get into a Harvard graduate program if they wanted to…"

Too funny , you are made to look like a jackass and a clueless moron yet your reply is the icing on the cake. With those genes I realize your poor daughter has no shot at an Ivy education .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

You're NUTS!

To each his own but I agree. This comment is nuts and/or badly informed. 20 years after graduation no one will care what number you graduated if you come out of a top tier, recognized school. If you go to Harvard, Yale or Northwestern, etc, you'll get into graduate school, if you want, and have a very real head start in life irrespective of your class ranking. The value of the brand cant be underestimated. [/
Please if you are just a young student and reading this go out and do research. I have been involved with admissions to a very competitive graduate school on Long Island for years and the above post could not be further from the truth. Graduate schools set certain standards for admission one of which is GPA irrespective of school attended. If you go to Harvard and graduate with a 2.0 GPA you will not be going to Medical School in this country, if you graduate from Hofstra with a 3.8 you have a chance.

When the final choice is between Harvard and Hofstra you take Hofstra I'll take Harvard. BTW there are no competitive graduate schools on Long Island.

This is why an uneducated person like you should no longer post. Stony Brook Medical School, Stony Brook School of Dentistry, Hofstra Law School are all very competitive graduate schools on Long Island. The fact that you have no idea about these programs tells me you are clueless. Personally I went to a state school then graduate school at an Ivy. Just so you know many an Ivy undergrad have applied to the above graduate schools and been denied admission.Looking forward to another witty retort from the uneducated I'll take Harvard guy.

Actually, the Harvard kid would not have to go to a LI graduate school because the Ivy League takes care of their own and would get into a Harvard graduate program if they wanted to...

Looks like you smartened up after undergraduate school but nobody cares where you went - so you're an idiot for bringing it up. If you want to go to law school at hofstra instead of northwestern go ahead. If you want to go to medical school at stony brook instead of harvard go ahead. The point is the kids should get the best educations they can and if lacrosse helps them do it then they should use it to their advantages - and no one in their lifetimes will ever question a degree from a recognized top school. [/quote]

Lets also differentiate medical school, law school and graduate school. All different beasts. Medical school, any school, is a difficult process. Not sure too many folks get the luxury of being accepted to multiple schools. Law schools are legacy oriented so the "Ivy takes care of their own", while much too broad of a statement, does have some merit (as do other law schools). Graduate schools cover such a huge area of study (MBA, education, etc) that it's too hard to really comment.

The statement to use lacrosse (or any talent a student may have) to get the best education that fits the student academically and socially--right on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoght all those kids where already there before pm even came on board[u][/u]

They were, but the better kids were moved down.

Even before PM took over the team, this was FAF through and through. Connect the dots: Head coach of the high school, Director of the town's youth program and PM are all long-time FAF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The statement to use lacrosse (or any talent a student may have) to get the best education that fits the student academically and socially--right on."

That's the point , the school that fits the kid is not always the best academic school they get into, actually rarely is when lacrosse is involved. I take exception with some jackass coming on here and acting as if he knows what is best for every kid, going to an Ivy is not always the best choice or northwestern for that matter. Many things go into the decision and the elitist nonsense goes a little overboard. UVA, UNC, William and Mary, to name a few, are all great schools and are affordable as they are state schools .You do not need to go to an expensive private school to get a good education.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The statement to use lacrosse (or any talent a student may have) to get the best education that fits the student academically and socially--right on."

That's the point , the school that fits the kid is not always the best academic school they get into, actually rarely is when lacrosse is involved. I take exception with some jackass coming on here and acting as if he knows what is best for every kid, going to an Ivy is not always the best choice or northwestern for that matter. Many things go into the decision and the elitist nonsense goes a little overboard. UVA, UNC, William and Mary, to name a few, are all great schools and are affordable as they are state schools .You do not need to go to an expensive private school to get a good education.

UVA, UNC and W and M, are not state schools and they are quite expensive. Talk about a jackass, get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Actually, the Harvard kid would not have to go to a LI graduate school because the Ivy League takes care of their own and would get into a Harvard graduate program if they wanted to…"

Too funny , you are made to look like a jackass and a clueless moron yet your reply is the icing on the cake. With those genes I realize your poor daughter has no shot at an Ivy education .

Well, ivy runs through this family and have first hand experience with seeing it happen dozens of times with teammates. As for my kids, same answer as before, if they want to go ivy, their parent's alma mater will take them in a second and over many other qualified applicants. If you do not believe me, go look at Harvard girls lacrosse roster, almost 40% have a legacy attachment to the school. It is not happenstance either as their relatives donate big money and they see this continuing through the blood line well into the future. Sorry, ivy takes care of their own...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unc is affordable of you line in NC 21k out of state 51k. That's affordable..... If your a Rockefeller. UVA is very similar for both resident and non resident. Both of those include room n board. W n m 53 for non resident n 31 for resident

Take another puff and do a search next time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious. You call someone a jackass who doesn't have her facts straight... and then do not have your own facts straight. UNC, UVA and W&M all might be expensive schools, and good schools...but they are most definitely all public schools. It takes less than 10 seconds per school to research that, since they all state it in their Mission Statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the poster, but facts are facts UVA and UNC are both state schools not sure about W and M but believe they are

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UVA, UNC and W and M, are not state schools and they are quite expensive. Talk about a jackass, get your facts straight.

Seriously are you [lacrosse] ? They are all state schools you moron.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Seriously are you [lacrosse] ? They are all state schools you moron.

They are state schools but you don't pay in-state tuition when you come from NY. So they are not as affordable as the state school moniker implies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible, throughout the season to change teams. I mean by moving up a team, like a coach saying "she doesnt belong on the 5th team, lets move her to the 3rd or 4th." ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
William and mary 31k in state, 52k out of state
UNC 20k in state, 46 out of state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You take exception who the [lacrosse] are you! Do you own this site. For someone who represents himself as being educated you sure are angry. You sound like a real tool. Never said ivy said get your priorities straight and think about what is really important. Which is not running around telling people your 9th or 10th grader just got committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible, throughout the season to change teams. I mean by moving up a team, like a coach saying "she doesnt belong on the 5th team, lets move her to the 3rd or 4th." ?

In the land of make-believe there is!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the land of make-believe there is!!

Exactly. Or maybe ybe you can be pay one of the YJ coaches for lessons all summer long with the hopes of moving up only to be pushed down a team because of F&F.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To put that into perspective, using round numbers here: you have like eight age groups and say 4 teams per age group, leaving three teams per age group hoping to someday make blue. That's roughly (25 kids/team) x (3 teams/age group) x (8 age groups). So that 600 kids all hoping CR walks by and notices them, pulls them off the team they so don't belong on, and places them on the top team where they belong. Don't mean to sound so down on it happening. I am more poking fun at the large amount of parents that feel their daughter has been overlooked and shafted by politics. Can it happen? Yes. Has it happened? Yes. Is it at all likely? No.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

To put that into perspective, using round numbers here: you have like eight age groups and say 4 teams per age group, leaving three teams per age group hoping to someday make blue. That's roughly (25 kids/team) x (3 teams/age group) x (8 age groups). So that 600 kids all hoping CR walks by and notices them, pulls them off the team they so don't belong on, and places them on the top team where they belong. Don't mean to sound so down on it happening. I am more poking fun at the large amount of parents that feel their daughter has been overlooked and shafted by politics. Can it happen? Yes. Has it happened? Yes. Is it at all likely? No.

Agree. But I can personally attest that it can happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Agree. But I can personally attest that it can happen.

What happens more often is the "suggestion" that you may be moved up. This keeps kids in the program thinking they have a shot. Smart business by CR. However, I can also attest that it almost never happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happened last year in 2020. Kid got moved up after dominating players on blue team in one 25 m game. Parents got call the following Monday. So it does happen. The kids father is a tool and causes problems

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was shocked to see that most top D1 programs need multiple midweek days away from the classroom for travel. Most games are a plane ride away. Notre Dame is in Virginia, Stony Brook, Syracuse, Boston etc. You can understand the study that says most D1 recruits spend more time on sports than studies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It happened last year in 2020. Kid got moved up after dominating players on blue team in one 25 m game. Parents got call the following Monday. So it does happen. The kids father is a tool and causes problems

Wow nice job calling out a parent ! Coward! Have a pair and put your name on it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow nice job calling out a parent ! Coward! Have a pair and put your name on it!

First off last year the top team and second team did not have a close game, second a player on the top team got hurt with a season ending injury so a deserving kid was given a shot. Third , calling someone out is a cowardly thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a deserving kid from the third team also moved up to the second team to fill the void of the kid who was moved up to the first team? When the kid was injured the roster dropped from 25 to 24 I can see the urgency to move someone up to fill the spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a deserving kid from the third team also moved up to the second team to fill the void of the kid who was moved up to the first team? When the kid was injured the roster dropped from 25 to 24 I can see the urgency to move someone up to fill the spot.

Not sure but I think your numbers are off they had 24 on roster , 1 kid got hurt , 1 kid got moved up. Who cares a deserving kid got moved up , not as big a deal as you seem to think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but I think your numbers are off they had 24 on roster , 1 kid got hurt , 1 kid got moved up. Who cares a deserving kid got moved up , not as big a deal as you seem to think.

It keeps the glimmer of hope for all of the lower teams alive. A good business move . Keeps them believing they have a shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad for the 2019 4th 5th and 6th team. A lot of folks not excepting their position with these teams. Daddy coach and other issues are a major cause for concern. Can’t say that I blame them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know this how??

But I cant say I blame them.. I wouldn't take a spot past the third team on any club.. a poor return on your investment. just play PAL and save a boatload of money, definetly have alot more fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think people are starting to catch on that being on either of those teams is just throwing money out the window. If you want a DADDY coach, do what the previous poster suggested. Play PAL and save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the same about the second teams on elevate, top guns and liberty. All of those teams are only as good as the third and lower yj teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your smoking crack!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the second TG team beat the second YJ team at 2018 this past summer...I do not know about the other ages...but your statement is not always true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely smoking something. Last year the 4th 2019 team got smoked by the YJ 2020 blue team, plus the lower teams play in the horrible YJ North tourney in CT and don't get invited to play in LAX For The Cure. To add insult to injury, they also play one less tournament than the top 3 teams, but pay the same tourney fee as everyone else. Adding a DADDY coach to the mix just makes this a worse situation. Save your money or go on vacation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many good players got moved down becasue of FAF. Things may change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are crazy if you take a spot on the 3rd or 4th team in the 2021,2022,2023 years. Last year the 2021 3rd team got sent to the crappy tourns, and the girls got one less tournament than the rest of the teams, after paying the same fees. CR response to that was "tough, think of it as a reward for the better teams".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are crazy if you take a spot on the 3rd or 4th team in the 2021,2022,2023 years. Last year the 2021 3rd team got sent to the crappy tourns, and the girls got one less tournament than the rest of the teams, after paying the same fees. CR response to that was "tough, think of it as a reward for the better teams".

If CR responded "tough ..." To my concerns, I'd quit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's her reply to many things. Her way or the highway. She knows there are 2 more lemmings ot take the place of th one who left. She doesn't care at all for the 3rd or 4th teams (after your check clears), they are additional source of income.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2019 6th team is not going to happen at all.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

That's her reply to many things. Her way or the highway. She knows there are 2 more lemmings ot take the place of th one who left. She doesn't care at all for the 3rd or 4th teams (after your check clears), they are additional source of income.

I disagree. They are 3rd and 4th teams for a reason but it does give a lower D1, D2 or D3 type athlete a club to play for. I'm not sure what kind of "care" you are looking for.

Like Reply Quote
Page 205 of 327 1 2 203 204 205 206 207 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard