BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 161 of 220 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
THE ONLY THING THAT'S A JOKE IS YOU!!! THINKING THAT YOUR GETTING AN ADVANTAGE FROM SS. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE A LOT OF TALENTED GIRLS ARE GOING ELSEWHERE. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE KOOL AID.

If you don't think Shannon's a good coach you have no idea what you're talking about. bye bye!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay!!!!! Its about time!!!!! Good for you. So jealous. Not.
SS ran the entire clinic today, start to finish. The girls really loved it today more so than the other days (the other days have been good too, and Shannon has been at all of them, but today she ran whole group activities). I am not sure if it is because my daughter is getting older, but it seems like she it taking a much bigge role in club activities this year, as compared to last year.

If you were not jealous or angry why would you even comment in such a way. Oh, that's right you have to justify the poor choices that you made for your daughter in having her play somewhere else in which you now feel trapped. The only way you can make yourself feel better is to try to knock down other clubs so you can feel better about yourself. Classic low self-esteem behavior.

You're exactly right! Most of these dumb posts, putting down people and programs, all stem from low self-esteem and jealousy! Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are Pathetic!! Summer will prove how good of a coach SS is. Only one year and a black team. Really? see you on the field. bye now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE ONLY THING THAT'S A JOKE IS YOU!!! THINKING THAT YOUR GETTING AN ADVANTAGE FROM SS. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE A LOT OF TALENTED GIRLS ARE GOING ELSEWHERE. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE KOOL AID.

If you don't think Shannon's a good coach you have no idea what you're talking about. bye bye!

There is a golden opportunity to see exactly where SS stands as a coach. We all know both SS and CR coach 2018 teams that never seem to play each other. They did play a few years ago in a shortened tie. Many changes to both teams since then both from a roster perspective and a development perspective. Two teams likely to clash at U15 nationals this year. Should be a good measuring stick of how each coach has developed their team. National championship is in VA this year, maybe skywalkers and M&D show up, I would put them as favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are Pathetic!! Summer will prove how good of a coach SS is. Only one year and a black team. Really? see you on the field. bye now
What are you writing about? Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a golden opportunity to see exactly where SS stands as a coach. We all know both SS and CR coach 2018 teams that never seem to play each other. They did play a few years ago in a shortened tie. Many changes to both teams since then both from a roster perspective and a development perspective. Two teams likely to clash at U15 nationals this year. Should be a good measuring stick of how each coach has developed their team. National championship is in VA this year, maybe skywalkers and M&D show up, I would put them as favorites.

Who wins 2018 games doesn't tell you who's a better coach. Maybe it tells you who has the better team...maybe. They're both excellent coaches, and you really don't know how to measure a coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should start a pool? Really? Your obviously uneducated.
Us poor people of MP have to deal w this idiot, he complains all year about school lax too! The running joke is we Thank God his daughter only plays 1 sport!
Pretty sure BS is getting to the point where he's going to toss him, maybe we should start a pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am certain that 2018 purple is a better team that the 2018 black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah you got me pegged you idiot.

Enjoy going through life feeling inadequate, its obvious from the hostility of your posting. I guess money can't buy self-esteem. Does your psychologist tell you it's your parents fault from a deprived childhood? Mommy issues? Still angry over your recent divorce?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be great if M&D and Skywalkers go to U15, now the winner of this one would have some real bragging right with all the mid-atlantic teams showning up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be great if M&D and Skywalkers go to U15, now the winner of this one would have some real bragging right with all the mid-atlantic teams showning up.

U15's is a joke. Barely any college coaches show up. Why would you go to this especially having to go to Richmond on back to back weekends?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

U15's is a joke. Barely any college coaches show up. Why would you go to this especially having to go to Richmond on back to back weekends?

Bragging rights. You're right, there aren't a lot of coaches. You'd think it would be a big recruiting event but it is not. But if you win you get to say you are the best team in your age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can assure you the 2018 purple has never beaten the 2018 Black...and they have played a few times over the years...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Bragging rights. You're right, there aren't a lot of coaches. You'd think it would be a big recruiting event but it is not. But if you win you get to say you are the best team in your age group. [/quote]
Your the best only if all the best clubs show up. Otherwise your a paper champ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bragging rights. You're right, there aren't a lot of coaches. You'd think it would be a big recruiting event but it is not. But if you win you get to say you are the best team in your age group.

Your the best only if all the best clubs show up. Otherwise your a paper champ. [/quote]

So according to you no one can ever claim to be the best travel team in their age group as there is no single tournament that all the best teams show up at. Seems to me if all the best teams showed up more college coaches would probably go . Elephant in the room is that the tournament is aged based which creates some issues especially for the teams south of Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of money parents have been paying for "bragging rights". Smart move (a rarity for US Lacrosse) finally holding it in the mid-atlantic. Skywalkers and Capital/Stars may show since it's close and they've been there before. M&D's never shown interest, doubt they will start now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let's have some fun. U15 this year is 2018. Who are top five favorites in this age group that could possibly win if they show up? Here's mine in no particular order...
M&D
Skywalkers
YJ Rose
Stars
Heros

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can assure you that you are wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree I don't know where you get your predictions. But look at fall tournaments!!!!!!!! Your way off!!!!! You are going to be blindsided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let's have some fun. U15 this year is 2018. Who are top five favorites in this age group that could possibly win if they show up? Here's mine in no particular order...
M&D
Skywalkers
YJ Rose
Stars
Heros

The best 2018's should be at Capital Cup, Champion's Cup, Lax 4 Cure, President's Cup, Rivalry, Mid-Atlantic..... Plenty of chances to go head-to-head at full strength and in front of college coaches. By this time next year, should be no secret who's on top, no need to waste time and money on poorly attended U15.

Until this year, top 2017's rarely met but finally tangled week in, week out and it was YJ, Capital, M&D, Skywalkers, Lady Roc and Steps NJ. Big step down to the next tier IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree I don't know where you get your predictions. But look at fall tournaments!!!!!!!! Your way off!!!!! You are going to be blindsided.

Blindsided by who? Is there a team that has beating the known top contenders in tournaments? We are looking to expand the list, so who are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wouldn't know because the tg's are at half of the fall tournaments. The teams mentioned above are not a threat to other Long Island teams. I will definately give you YJ Rose. They are the ones to beat. There is extreme talent on that team. But, lacrosse still continues beyond YJ Rose. They are in a class by themselves as far as I am concerned. I watched other great teams play including Liberty and Elevate. I was shocked by the level of talent that I saw. I actually complimented two Elevate teams on the aggression and skill level that they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wouldn't know because the tg's are at half of the fall tournaments. The teams mentioned above are not a threat to other Long Island teams. I will definately give you YJ Rose. They are the ones to beat. There is extreme talent on that team. But, lacrosse still continues beyond YJ Rose. They are in a class by themselves as far as I am concerned. I watched other great teams play including Liberty and Elevate. I was shocked by the level of talent that I saw. I actually complimented two Elevate teams on the aggression and skill level that they have.

Which "teams above" are not a threat to other LI teams? Liberty and Elevate are "Great Teams" really??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which "teams above" are not a threat to other LI teams? Liberty and Elevate are "Great Teams" really??

My daughter coaches in this age bracket (her team is not one of those mentioned as one of the top teams) so I get to see a lot of the teams mentioned. I saw Elevate in Massachusetts this summer. I was impressed they have a great goalie a strong and fast defense and they constantly pressure the ball when redefending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely watched tg teams play and there is no comparison to tg teams. Elevate and Liberty are by far better teams. Sorry!!! If you were at the fall tournaments you would have seen. Yj are excluded they are not even in the same ball park. But tg is not a threat to long island. bye now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Absolutely watched tg teams play and there is no comparison to tg teams. Elevate and Liberty are by far better teams. Sorry!!! If you were at the fall tournaments you would have seen. Yj are excluded they are not even in the same ball park. But tg is not a threat to long island. bye now

[/quote

Can I get some of what your drinking ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take your blinders off!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Absolutely watched tg teams play and there is no comparison to tg teams. Elevate and Liberty are by far better teams. Sorry!!! If you were at the fall tournaments you would have seen. Yj are excluded they are not even in the same ball park. But tg is not a threat to long island. bye now

[/quote

Can I get some of what your drinking ?

2018 is a off year for LI teams, other regions teams are ahead in this age group by a wide margin. All LI teams except YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like stated above. Look at individual fall tournaments stats. You are in denial about your organization. See you won in each bracket. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Sunday practices going for all age groups? Now that the first session is almost over, I hear you really get a grasp of the talent and ones without. I hear some girls are still struggling with the basic 3 man weave and other basic drills and some have no athleticism at all. some girls from different teams are double rostered on TG and YJ at this point if I was BS I would cut those that are also on YJ rosters loose and send them on their way. If not happy where you placed on TG then go be happier elsewhere. I was amused to see one on 2020 second team that was bold enough to go tryout for YJ and got placed on the 4th team at YJ. Whomp whomp.. How do the parents pick their face up of the floor from that one? and how do they go back to TG tryouts this summer knowing they took such a gamble and failed badly. Why should the Smith's keep you on the 2nd team if you placed on 4th on YJ..LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Sunday practices going for all age groups? Now that the first session is almost over, I hear you really get a grasp of the talent and ones without. I hear some girls are still struggling with the basic 3 man weave and other basic drills and some have no athleticism at all. some girls from different teams are double rostered on TG and YJ at this point if I was BS I would cut those that are also on YJ rosters loose and send them on their way. If not happy where you placed on TG then go be happier elsewhere. I was amused to see one on 2020 second team that was bold enough to go tryout for YJ and got placed on the 4th team at YJ. Whomp whomp.. How do the parents pick their face up of the floor from that one? and how do they go back to TG tryouts this summer knowing they took such a gamble and failed badly. Why should the Smith's keep you on the 2nd team if you placed on 4th on YJ..LOL!

Ok [lacrosse], you hear or you are/were there? Just trying to stir the pot. What's a matter your significant other (if they hadn't already left you) is out for happy hour with "co-workers" and you are just angry and wanted to start some crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not on TG, but I'm not surprised by a post like this from a lovely YJ disciple. You people are really sick and demented. You people really need to get a life. You are everything that is wrong with youth sports. I only hope your daughter does not grow up to be anything like you.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Not on TG, but I'm not surprised by a post like this from a lovely YJ disciple. You people are really sick and demented. You people really need to get a life. You are everything that is wrong with youth sports. I only hope your daughter does not grow up to be anything like you.

That YJ parent better hope their daughter doesn't grow up to look like Carol Rose smile

She is a very poor example fitness and she is the high school gym teacher!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is an equal swap and a hard decision, Whatever numerical TG team you are offered, add 1 or 2 for the YJ equivalent. Example , if you are offered a spot on TG 2nd team it is equivalent to the 3 rd 4 th team YJ. Several years ago I thought and hoped TG was going to go toe to toe with YJ, but as I watch it develope I think that may never happen. Started off strong, but definitely TGs is losing steam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There not loosing steam! They have lost all steam!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If bs gets rid of those players he'd really have no teams. All the two timers are clearly staying on tg's. We are stuck with them. Winter is a joke. No one is getting any better. The strong stay strong the weak are showing their weaknesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Loosing". Stay in school kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This happens all the time! Every now and then a program has a strong top team who can beat the YJ second team but not the top Blue team . Parents get their hopes up that the take over has begun but NOOOO. The YJ program is there every year. There are strong players in every program but it is a team game. Girls play for all reasons, there is no pro lacrosse for girls. Pick a program that works for you , MOSTLY your daughter that is there and not getting into trouble! Stop trying to be the YJs and just be who you are girls from all programs go to college and keep playing!
Most of all let your daughter have fun playing the game.
I have a few daughters that have played and it is about them and they give up a lot of time as do you but it was FUN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one should assume that one Sunday morning practice is going to get their daughter better. If you want to see improvements: go to the wall, meet up with other lax players and work-out, have your stick in your hand everyday, inside or outside, run, do strength training, ect. It's the player's/parents responsibility to get better, not soley TGs responsibility (or any other club for that matter). Think about your team: the top players do these types of things ALL the time, hence why they continue to improve. It's due to hard work not luck. It's usually pretty clear who does and doesn't work hard on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Llike your way of thinking but that's not going to help out the TEAM in the summer when you go to tournaments. Good luck, sounds like your going to need it!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 161 of 220 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard