BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous
Lost to Haverford twice, Radnor, Salesianum and dem losses and behind La Salle, Springfield maybe Marple. Got to win not lose to be in a conversation.
3,150 979,089 more...
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD cannot field a team without holdbacks. You can point “up North” and deflect all you want, I’m not saying you’re wrong. But this is a fact; MD cannot field a WS team with only on-age kids. Obviously NY, PA, NJ, MA and CT can.
That. Is. Irrefutable.

It's 100% not irrefutable. The fact is that MD "Elite" coaches care waaaay more about the Howard County Spring League than they do WSYL. I get it, you NY'ers are envious of the premier spring lacrosse league in the country.

My kid plays for one of these nationally ranked, top teams and the coach is unwilling to miss the opening weekend. So my son, like a bunch of other kids that I know, will play for a PA based team during the Sunday qualifiers this weekend.

The ONLY "Elite" Maryland club that is fielding a WSYL team is True Chesapeake because they requested and were granted a bye from HOCO for week 1.

The only reason True plays in WSYL is because they own the tournament. No one else cares. It is not what it used to be...and is pretty much a joke now. Have fun watching your son play for the PA-based team.
2,324 478,211 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous
What the heck is wrong with your life to make you troll a 16 yr old girl? Seriously, this forum is not meant to make these type of comments. These girls are already under so much mental/physical stress and for an adult to make these types of comments (that she will likely see btw)- should make you self-reflect.

My daughter, for one, looks forward to playing with all of these girls, including that girl - she is amazing (and no, I'm not her mom).
Thought this was a parent forum - why would the girls be on here - oh wait, they come on here and make just as bad comments.........
4,634 1,253,840 more...
GCS was simply out played. Talent does not match up to McD. That and the same few girls like to pass to each other,
4,634 1,253,840 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous
Have to appreciate disgruntled Manhasset parents writing negative things about their own team. Give it a rest, let the kids play and do their best

I'm a GC parent. Lol.
10,523 4,124,792 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Or maybe 91 should have removed the kid on the team roster image that has lived in PA and now VA. So much for the 100 mile rule for 91.

Who really wants to be the guy who voluntarily removes or goes after the uva associate head coaches kid? This is a networking sport more than any other.

You shoot your shot and let the rules take care of it like they are supposed to. It all worked out as it should.
This is a disgrace teams cheating refs helping like last year for 91. All 91 needs to do is have coaches playing again.
862 145,087 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
There were lots of freshman on varsity rosters around the league last year. This class isn’t better than any previous class. Making the team isn’t the same as contributing.
171 33,474 more...
GCS was totally robbed by the refs yesterday.

Robbed to the tune of a 7 goal deficit? How does that work?

Much closer game than the score shows. Refs made it impossible to keep possession. GCS will see McD again.
4,634 1,253,840 more...
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Rebels bring 2028’s with them to the WS!
Rebels bring 2028’s with them to the WS!

Isn’t this an age based tournament? So any 2028 who’s born after 9/1/2010 is eligible.
862 145,087 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
ML report. I saw them play Freedom last weekend. Talent wise I think they are as good as any team in the DMV (I would say Crabs and Hawks are better as is usually the case with Baltimore teams) the Xfactor is coaching - sloppy box management and relentless yelling by the coach cost that team at least four points. At one point during the game (and possibly more (I wasn’t watching that closely) ml had a short stick and a long stick stuck in the box for at least 20 seconds which created a double man down situation. Adding to that chaos the coach was constantly directing the players which was distracting at best.

On the plus side most of the players were good sized, quick with excellent stick skills. Long poles and midfielders were more than competent. The goalie was directing the defense and made some good saves (although I thought he had some problems with low shots- again I didn’t see enough to make a realy informed judgement) there was talk on the sideline about a strong attack I thought they were good but shooting needs work. But easily fixable. Also one of thier attack turned the ball over several times (probably new to the team and just needs to get comfortable)

All in all, a team with potential I’m looking forward to watching my son play them this weekend.

nice informative post

What/where are the events this weekend for the local 2028 teams?
Bmore Bloom at Troy Park:

Hawks play Leading Edge and Chain Bridge All Stars

Crabs play Madlax, Chain Bridge All Stars, and Leading Edge

Leading Edge plays Chain Bridge, Hawks, and Madlax

Nobody seems to know who Chain Bridge is… but they’re running into a buzz saw

Some very good 2028 action at Troy Park today. Scores:

Hawks 10-7 over Chain Bridge All Stars
Crabs 7-4 over Madlax
Leading Edge 10-6 over Chain Bridge All Stars
Hawks 9-8 over Leading Edge
Leading Edge 10-6 over Madlax
Chain Bridge All Stars 9-6 over Crabs

Takeaways:
Hawks and Leading Edge are two of the top teams in the nation. Perhaps the best two “non national” teams. Not sure who is better than those two… they play so well together, they’re well coached, and they have a bunch of great players throughout the roster. Was a fantastic game that was tied with .30 left when the slick Leftie Attack from Hawks won it late.

Crabs— way, way overhyped. Long way to go. Seemed disoriented, but they have some studs for sure. Will likely improve a lot through spring. BT I think their lace in HoCo to 4 is at serious risk.

Madlax— bringing in a bunch of flyins, they will compete if they don’t kiss their flights. A very good FOGO and big 47 is still effective. If it’s true that he’s one foot out the door— they’re a B team. He scored 3 of their 4 goals and wasted on the other one.

Chain Bridge All Stars— loaded with DC Express kids and a handful of Next Level kids. They were getting better as the day wore on, and they killed the Crabs in their last game. A parent told me they’ve never practiced together. So not really a team we will likely see again, but they looked to be having a lot of fun. Healthy respite from club lacrosse. Love seeing that stuff. Had nicknames on their jerseys, our boys loved that.

HoCo next week, should be fun!

3D New England belongs in that best real team conversation, too. We've played all three of those teams in the last year and 3DNE was right there with them. They look comically old, but the rules are the rules.

Easy to say the top (non/national) teams are in tiers:

Hawks
3DNE
2Way
Leading Edge

91 Venom
FCA MD Blue
BBL
Rhino ATL

Sweetlax
Crabs
Express North
Texas Nationals (not a real national team)

National teams:
Red Hots
WCS
MADdog National
Sweetlax Navy
Boston's Phinest/JM3

If your kid is truly a player on one of these teams, he'll be a Top 100 guy come recruiting season. Congratulations. Beauty is that almost every single one of these teams can beat one another any given day.

Fair list. I'd probably add Freedom to the third tier. Well coached team with a tough defense.

You guys are funny. You act as if you have a clue about the entire nation of lacrosse for boys who are going through puberty.

You're comment about Freedom is funny. You think because the Hawks be them by a few goals a week ago they are somehow third tier. You do realize they haven't practiced as a team until this week right? How many hours have the Hawks practiced together? Most of PA, NY, NJ and MA play town in the spring.

Freedom beat the Hawks and FCA at the end of last year. I'm guessing Freedom and Venom will be just fine by the time summer rolls around.

Easy bro, why so defensive. I was just acknowledging that Freedom is a good team that should be on this list. Frankly I'd probably merge groups 2 and 3. Venom BBL EN and Freedom should really all be on the same tier. Any of those teams could beat each other on any given day. Haven't seen the new and improved Crabs to comment.

And I agree that the Sweetlax regional team should not be here. The national team is appropriately listed.

Didn’t Freedom beat crabs in Philly a couple weeks ago. Also, Rhino is better than both those teams.
10,033 1,937,557 more...
Lasalle with a statement win against The Hill Academy. Just the type of victory RF needed; gonna be a fun season for local HS lax

Real statement. Lasalle and Haverford are top two in Philly. No doubt about it. Best coaching. Most talented players. Add Salesianum to mix if including DE.

Silly not to include Malvern in the conversation of top two in Philly. Malvern could finish number 1 when it's all said and done and for my money they're better and deeper than La Salle right now.

Radnor just said "hold my beer".
3,150 979,089 more...
Have to appreciate disgruntled Manhasset parents writing negative things about their own team. Give it a rest, let the kids play and do their best

Sounds more like jealous parents that wish their kids played for a program with a winning culture like Manhasset.
10,523 4,124,792 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous
Somers was supposed to scrimmage Bronxville today but bailed out last minute. Interesting!!
its 30 something degrees with wind gust of 30 mph, many scrimmages got moved.
3,866 1,875,020 more...
What the heck is wrong with your life to make you troll a 16 yr old girl? Seriously, this forum is not meant to make these type of comments. These girls are already under so much mental/physical stress and for an adult to make these types of comments (that she will likely see btw)- should make you self-reflect.

My daughter, for one, looks forward to playing with all of these girls, including that girl - she is amazing (and no, I'm not her mom).

Girl is not a team player. Ask her high school and club. Also she isn’t the main reason girls don’t want her around. Right Ann?
4,634 1,253,840 more...

Please stop Randall. We heard you saying it at the game yesterday.
4,634 1,253,840 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Looks like thunderstorms for the first day of HOCO. Pumped to sit in the Troy Park parking lot for hours waiting for the league to make a decision just like last year. God help anyone flying in for a single game.
Good Luck to the Fly-Ins getting canceled for rain, wind and thunderstorms. Also good luck to 91 MD in the Elite Division again. I'm willing to say Team Money, Team Maryland and Clippers will all three be in the top 50 in a few months and would give 91 a big fat L.
10,033 1,937,557 more...
Hope that’s a non-GCS parent trying to troll the group. If not, yikes,
4,634 1,253,840 more...
10,523 4,124,792 more...
Heard that Carmel went toe-to-toe with Somers in a scrimmage and that Carmel was impressive.

Anyone else hear results from this scrimmage or any others?
Carmel was VERY young about 2-3 years ago, but the talent was evident. They've continued to get better each year so this isn't really a surprise.
Still week one for everyone, so let's not get down on teams that struggle now.
3,866 1,875,020 more...
Somers was supposed to scrimmage Bronxville today but bailed out last minute. Interesting!!
3,866 1,875,020 more...
Lasalle with a statement win against The Hill Academy. Just the type of victory RF needed; gonna be a fun season for local HS lax

Real statement. Lasalle and Haverford are top two in Philly. No doubt about it. Best coaching. Most talented players. Add Salesianum to mix if including DE.

Silly not to include Malvern in the conversation of top two in Philly. Malvern could finish number 1 when it's all said and done and for my money they're better and deeper than La Salle right now.
3,150 979,089 more...
Heard that Carmel went toe-to-toe with Somers in a scrimmage and that Carmel was impressive.

Anyone else hear results from this scrimmage or any others?
No surprise here. Carmel gritty squad and Somers struggled all last year with chemistry and a very weak D. More of the same...
3,866 1,875,020 more...

Robbed to the tune of a 7 goal deficit? How does that work?
4,634 1,253,840 more...

I see they lost by 7(!). Did the refs make them play without a goalie or something??
4,634 1,253,840 more...

Rather GCS was totally outmatched and overrated
4,634 1,253,840 more...
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (Team BOTC, abowden, BiggLax, Thirdy@BOTC, Heartlax26, LILAXDAD2023, MLD3637, cltlax, 1 invisible), 5,082 guests, and 15,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod