BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,533
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good slate of games this week.
Odds for todays games:

Stm (-3.5) @ MSJ (+3.5)
JC (+6.5) @ LB (-6.5)
Severn (+5.5) @ StP (-5.5)
McD (+1.5) @ BL (-1.5)
CHC (-4.5) @ Gtech (+4.5)

If MSJ beats STM Lilly’s and staff needs to step down

Signed member of the royal blue
12,900 3,347,700 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 6 minutes ago
I think The IAAm has a strong crop of Goalies as usual. In no particular order I think the top goalies would be GCS, SPSG, NDP, JC, MV, Mercy (yes Mercy, kid can play) All high level D 1 Goalies.
4,968 1,345,671 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 13 minutes ago
Great playing by John Carroll today. Goalie was outstanding. Fought to the end!

Best goalie in the league, no doubt

She won’t play in college with the 2023 red shirting this year at Maryland. lol

And nor will your daughter play in college lol

Think their are a lot of good goalies in the IAAM this year, GCS, NDP, JC, SPSG, MV all have really strong goalies, Mercy Goalie also
4,968 1,345,671 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 22 minutes ago
Score predictions for next weekend

NL 13-Money 6
Crabs 15- DCE 6
Hawks 14-ML 7
FCA 14- 91 5

AAA

Clips 20-Blue claws 1
DCE Orange 14-Cannons 2
FCA white 11-Prostart 2
Team Maryland 14- Crabs Blue 6

NOT 100% sure about AAA
10,229 2,035,251 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 50 minutes ago
PIAA
1) LaSalle
2)Downingtown East
3) Marple
4) Springfield
5) Garnet Valley
6) St. Joes
7)Radnor
8) Manheim Twp
9) Bishop Shanahan
10) CB East/Pennridge (tie)
3,175 1,013,401 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 50 minutes ago
And you think that CoachC doesn't manipulate the Catholic HS Rosters? What would you prefer, Daddy ball and direct parent interference at the publics or club coach interference for the parents at the Catholics? It's all corrupt.

The real issue is the talent in the public school doesn't get better playing against mediocre competition, just builds false hope. Parent interference and liberal ways are polluting every part of society.
10,680 4,188,868 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 59 minutes ago
SCHA @ MALVERN (-10)
O/U 23
Malvern 16 SCHA 7

HFORD (-10) @ EA (he/him/his)
O/U 21.5
Haverford 15 EA 6

PC (-9) @ GA
O/U 14.5
PC 12 GA 2
3,175 1,013,401 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 1 hour ago
And nor will your daughter play in college lol[/quote]

They won’t permit breaking the rules like McDonogh
4,968 1,345,671 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 1 hour ago
Good slate of games this week.
Odds for todays games:

Stm (-3.5) @ MSJ (+3.5)
JC (+6.5) @ LB (-6.5)
Severn (+5.5) @ StP (-5.5)
McD (+1.5) @ BL (-1.5)
CHC (-4.5) @ Gtech (+4.5)
12,900 3,347,700 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.
453 102,125 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
DCE gets killed by FCA. I would take FCA -4. DCE is allowing 9 goals per game including allowing 5 points by team 91 (possibly the worst offense in the division). Additionaly, both teams played the Hawks FCA allowed only 6 goals whereas DCE allowed 11. In 8th grade lacrosse you score what the other team let’s you score and DCE let’s the other team score a lot.

NL narrowly beats ML. ML is the exception that proves the rule great defense but underpowered offense. This game will produce a soccer score of 3-2 (possibly in double overtime) I would not bet this game.

The other games are pretty much a lock with the top of the division playing the bottom dwellers. However, the games will be much closer than expected as I think both the Crabs and Hawks will give significant field time to their bench players.

Ultimately I don’t think any of this matters as the Hawks have a mortal lock on the championship (but let’s hope I’m wrong) End of the season prediction:

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Monday recap: I was basically on point last week. DCE crushed by FCA. NL squeaked by ML with a 4Q goal. I will deduct some points on the basis that I blew the o/u on the ML vNL game. (I’d love to see some analysis on how two teams who have struggled to put points on the board all season was able to put together a 13 goal game)

I believe my analysis of DCE was validated- terrible defense. I’m interested in what the team is going to do about it in the summer- I assume a reshuffle between the orange and black team. Whatever they do they will have to make major changes as you can’t go to top tournaments with that.

As for the totally predictable results from the other games. You have to wonder if there aren’t better teams in the AAA division.

End of the season prediction (unchanged):

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

We have played DCE 4x since October. Last fall, and even earlier this spring, their Defense was rock solid. It kept them in games, and gave our guys fits. But ever since, they’ve been terrible. Not sure if they’re working on something new (if so, they should abandon ASAP), or they lost players, or what. Clearly not headed in the right direction. I don’t know who their coaches are, but the trend is not their friend.

My kid has friends on the team and they have not lost players. So that should help you with your answer.
10,229 2,035,251 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 3 hours ago
All it takes is 1-2 to change a team. Igloo fired coach working hard to become part of 91.
359 61,666 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Some interesting scores and results this weekend. M&D Red, Pride, STARS.

Yeah, I was not expecting Monday to be all about the downfall of M&D after what happened on Sunday.
3,201 736,982 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 3 hours ago
Next level won’t make that list this year

Not at all…
918 281,568 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 3 hours ago
Top Five Update Haverford, Salesianum, Marple, Malvern, Radnor

Anyone want to give a top 10 PIAA ranking….No Inter AC or private schools….only those that play in the PIAA?
3,175 1,013,401 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
Overblown, with the exception of 1 or two, the Igloo Manhassett crew is not making a team better.
359 61,666 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
237 54,852 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 8 hours ago
What's wrong with their style of lacrosse?
160 35,984 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 8 hours ago
Who is team 91 Fusion?

Never heard of them.
613 130,684 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
Great playing by John Carroll today. Goalie was outstanding. Fought to the end!

Best goalie in the league, no doubt

She won’t play in college with the 2023 red shirting this year at Maryland. lol

And nor will your daughter play in college lol
4,968 1,345,671 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 10 hours ago
Interesting. I guess he gets the ref calls very consistently. nassua, LIc, states 2 years in a row, solid superpower
10,680 4,188,868 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 10 hours ago
Congrats on winning your Superbowl. 17 years ... wasn't it your year last year, or the year before... but honestly congrats, great improvement to your program and you were the better team. Teams mark their calendars for teams like Manhasset, CSH, GC, Chami, St Ants but to those programs its another day. Last game of the year is all that matters.
10,680 4,188,868 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 10 hours ago
Chris Robinson turned around a crappy Lake Highland Prep in Orlando. The man is a genius. He turned LHP into the best team in the state much like how he did the same with Mcdonogh. Living legend.
I've seen plenty of very talented teams crash and burn with bad/inexperienced coaching. When Chris Robinson took over they were bad, he quickly made them good and kept them there. When he was at Hebron they won, now they don't win. I can assure you, this season just rolling the ball out there McD wouldn't finish top 4th in the IAAM. With coaching they are the best team.
In fairness Mt. Hebron was consistently a top ranked team in the country and certainly the state before and after Robinson. It was the construction of Marriotts Ridge HS splitting the talent pool that had more affect on Hebron than anything else.

McDonogh was a cellar dweller when Chris Robinson took over. They were awful. He quickly took them to the top of the league and for that matter the country, To win 175 consecutive games or whatever that winning streak number was is an incredible accomplishment, particularly considering the schedule they played. Taylor Cummings kept the legacy going.
4,968 1,345,671 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 11 hours ago
If you would willingly send your kid to Calvert Hall you have something wrong in the head. If you want your son to peak in high school and never stop talking about his high school lacrosse team then sure! Calvert Hall would be a great place for you. Calvert Hall is for garbage who couldn't get into Loyola and didn't want to pay for BL. Nobody has ever visited that campus and said, WOW! It is located next to a trashy strip mall where all the kids go to smoke during their free periods (they have a lot of those). No wonder they call Calvert Hall Trailer Park USA. Anway, as a parent who went through the high school admissions process, don't send your kid to Calvert hall. They produce the worst possible and unbearable people after they play DIII lacrosse.

Why would anyone want to pay for reform school @ BL?
12,900 3,347,700 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 11 hours ago
This weeks game summary.- Please do not respond with off topic banter. Add any information that could be interesting to the converation.

Things noticed this week. There were more surprises than normal. Most games are closer than expected. The violations continue with offsides and shot clocks. Teams are still relying on hero ball. Team play and unity enhances performance. Teams that can balance organized play schemes with inventive lacrosse IQ will standout and win. The top five teams are the closest they have ever been. The bottom three teams are starting to show glimmers of hope and are improving.

Elite

Predators v FCA
Not sure what to make from this game being that I watched it closely. First it was a rise and shine special. Did this play into the game? I am first surprised by the 6-3 score. FCA seemed like they came to play with more of their injured players back on the field. The game was not exciting nor pretty. It was one with many ground balls missed and passes dropped. From the start, FCA was pushing the ball to the offense and increasing the numbers of shots on goals. Some on target, many in the goalie’s stick, and many off target. The team moved the ball a little better than previous games with involvement from other players. Preds struggled on offense with many loss of possessions due to defense and simple stick skills like ground balls, bad passes, and dropped balls. If Preds was on point with these skills, it would be a completely different game. FCA won most of the ground ball battles on their defensive end. The midfield play was average for both teams with balls being thrown away for each team. Turnovers was the name of this game. FCA got little better with the shot clock with (I think) one violation. However, where they made up in another area, they replaced it with players being offsides. I think it was +3.. This has to be addressed in order to improve in transition and game speed. Defensively Preds was playing to the best of their ability, using their size to make up for speed, ball movement, and off ball cutters. This might have been Preds best defensive game. Including this game and the last, the goal differential was an average of 4 goals against (FCA and TC). FCA’s defense continues to struggle. I understand they have some defenseman out that would make a difference. With that being said, the defense seemed lost at times and inconsistent. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of leadership on the defensive end, unlike the offense where it is clear who runs it. FCA limited the on field frustration. Hopefully this win was a stepping to stone to better and more decisive wins. Preds came to play. LITTLE by LITTLE they get better each week. Will they win a game this year? I am not sure, however they are improving at bigger steps than other bottom teams in previous years. Next week, FCA takes on Madlax and Preds take on Legends. Is FCA prepared to take on the speed and precision of Madlax? Will Preds make the legends game closer than expected? Who will know. Legends and Preds play at U.S. Lacrosse field which makes for a unique and exciting experience for players, coaches, and families.

TC v Hawks -
Didn’t catch this game. What happened? The score sparks curiosity. 12-7 TC? My questions are primarily with Hawks. Have most teams figured them out? They run a very specific offense. Very mythical and calculated. To their credit they have been known to be very technical. Has this been a thorn this year? Their goal production seems to be ok however their goals against are higher than what you would expect for a team of this caliber (Please no Goalie comments). TC’s goal production is 3rd lowest in the league but yet they seem to win games with low goals against. I really thought this game would be closer. Would love some game review.

Madlax v Legends
Game of the weekend! Legends over Madlax in overtime. This game was a battle of wills. It wasn’t a perfect game by any means. It was close from beginning to end. Madlax started and established the tempo of the game with some quick goals, catching the legends on their heels. Legends was quick to respond with their own goals. Legends has continuously had a strong and aggressive defense. The leadership is apparent with players and coaches communicating with each other and holding themselves accountable. Legends did struggle in the clearing game with multiple turnovers happening in the middle of the field allowing Madlax to stay in the game. Midfield play at this level is a game changer for any team. Madlax’s defense played hard and was tough, their slides were good and it was apparent that they knew where to be. Offensively, Legends was moving the ball well however, some dropped ball or poor passes caused turnovers in favor of the other team. On offense, Madlax took good shots, however it became predictable as to where the majority of the shots where coming from and from who. While their passing was consistent around the crease so was the 15 yard shot down the alley. Luckily Madlax has good shooters. Both Madlax and Legends have some simple errors to resolve like precise passing, ground balls, and transitions. Shot clock management was ok with Madlax getting called more times than expected. What was apparent was that box coaching caused for some key turnovers for Madlax. This caused confusion among players. Coaching was good on both sides of the field, however each team had different approaches to handling the pressure. In the end I think Legends should have won by more goals. The game should have ended in regular time. The gap between these two teams had gotten really small. Next week, Madlax will play FCA. If Madlax controls the midfield and limits basic mistakes they will dominate the game. Legends and Preds may turn into a closer game then expected if Legends slips on fundamental stick skills. If Legends controls the pace and tempo of the game and plays all 4 quarters equally it will be a win.

Team 91 v Next Level
Watched the first quarter and the game started out as planned. Next level dominated through out. Other than the Legends game, Team 91 seems to have trouble scoring goals. The question is are they getting better every week?

Predictions
Hawks v. Team 91 - Hawks +8
Legends v. Preds - Legends +5
Madlax v. FCA - Madlax +5
True Chesapeake v. Next Level +2

AAA

Hawks v. HoCo
Another upset with HOCO winning 10-9. I would call it an upset. Especially when the Botton team gets a win like that.

Shore Kaos v. Carroll Manor
Shore Kaos pulled it. They have the ability to score goals but are equally tied with Carroll Manor.

Prostart v. Team MD
Well Team Maryland pulled of the spoiler with a large win. There ability to score goals helped them in the end. Hopefully in the future they can limit them to help along the way.

True NOVA - Bethesda Blue -
Nova won 11- 9 . They continue to score many goals which has kept them at the top. The gap between nova and everyone else is getting bigger but he week. If NOVA does this consistently they win it all.

Predictions
Team Maryland v. Bethesda Blue - Team Maryland +1
Hawks v. NOVA - NOVA +9
Carroll Manor v. HOCO - Carroll Manor +3 - Upset of the week with HOCO winning.
Prostart v. Shore Kaos - Shore Kaos +1
2,465 524,346 more...
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
8 members (Team BOTC, JimSection1, abowden, cltlax, BiggLax, Anonymous2027, Devildog, Thirdy@BOTC), 5,160 guests, and 6,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod