@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 9th Grade Boys (2026 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know any club cost prices this yr ?

If you’re choosing a club based the best bargain then you’re making a mistake. Imho.

Not true at all .
Make sure your kid is getting field time regardless of the price.
If your son is consistently practicing against better players, that is where development happens. Playing time in games is secondary up until sophomore year. Too many parents get caught up in playing time vs development. Zero college coaches are watching freshmen nowadays. Now next year he should have earned his time and will be seen. If not, then he just might not be D1 or top tier D3 which is very hard for parents to accept.
Go on Team 91 NC , Charlotte, TRYOUTS are FREE .
Anyone know tuition clubs out of state than over price L.I
Have there been any changes with teams/players yet? Or are people still waiting on tryout results? I've heard Express and 91 already have some targeted players and have sent invites. Any that have upgraded from this past season?
I think that will all be wrapped up by this weekend.
At this point and grade the only upgrades come from out of state. Or once in a while, a starter will flip jerseys. All done outside of tryouts. Speaking from my option and a AA perspective.
Legacy tryout turnout very good. Top 3 Li 2026 . Moving forward
How many new players will 91 Orange and Chaney add this year?
How many new players will 91 Orange and Chaney add this year?

91 orange added a bunch more out of state players to their Long Island team.

Does it matter who expres added, they will pick up New players at every tourney they go into as guest players.
About five each. But both will add plus five as season continues. 91 will pull ahead as lead now to graduation.
About five each. But both will add plus five as season continues. 91 will pull ahead as lead now to graduation.

Just deal with the fact 91 and Express always have the ability to improve by attracting out state talent. It’s a travel team so no issue. If I recall correctly 91 started this trend with the 91 Extreme team when Owen Caputo played with them.
91 had several out of state kids at their tryouts .

Wrong Express has the exact team from the past 2 years. You're clueless. As if your were at both tryouts on the same dates.

Just deal with the fact 91 and Express always have the ability to improve by attracting out state talent. It’s a travel team so no issue. If I recall correctly 91 started this trend with the 91 Extreme team when Owen Caputo played with them.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with it if these out of state kids attend every or most practices. But when you have kids fly up from Florida that just play in tournaments…….you start to get some angry parents. 91 did this because their team just wasn’t that good. They could no longer atttract Long Island talent because they all went to express.

Wrong Express has the exact team from the past 2 years. You're clueless. As if your were at both tryouts on the same dates.

Not True know that they added a few of players...Not many but a few

I don’t think anyone has a problem with it if these out of state kids attend every or most practices. But when you have kids fly up from Florida that just play in tournaments…….you start to get some angry parents. 91 did this because their team just wasn’t that good. They could no longer atttract Long Island talent because they all went to express.

So the point is tri state kids that make the car ride to practice vs kids from states that require flying and just fly in for tourneys. I am not in that situation, but would likely be unhappy with that. But that is how these teams get better after about 6th or 7th grade. Kinda nuts, but so is youth sports.
At the end of the day, who cares how many new players 91 and Exp added? If you're not already on those teams, it doesn't affect you. They're the only true AA teams on LI (for whatever the reasons, re-classing, out of state players, etc).

What is interesting is how that next tier shook out, the Igloos, Legacy, Moose, Roar, S2S. Exp Wiz
Who did they take, lose etc.

There's plenty of other good, solid competition right here on LI. Talk about that.
At the end of the day, who cares how many new players 91 and Exp added? If you're not already on those teams, it doesn't affect you. They're the only true AA teams on LI (for whatever the reasons, re-classing, out of state players, etc).

What is interesting is how that next tier shook out, the Igloos, Legacy, Moose, Roar, S2S. Exp Wiz
Who did they take, lose etc.

There's plenty of other good, solid competition right here on LI. Talk about that.
Agree. Exp and 91 will just keep plucking or shipping in kids here and there. Theres been a lot of movement with these other teams. S2S is going to make a push for #3 on LI. Moose, Legacy and Exp Wiz all added players.
Igloo must be screaming MAYDAY MAYDAY. A few of their best players left for other teams.
Legacy added no one . They will still go 0-5 traveling to Maryland every other weekend next summer and call themselves AA . Some daddy coaches kids need to be looked at .
Igloo must be screaming MAYDAY MAYDAY. A few of their best players left for other teams.
They've been the background for a while and losing key players is going to impact more. Good players don't go there, they leave there. The coaching changes show the desperation. Putting the Manhasset varsity coach in place is just trying to make people feel better about being/going there.

that is fine, but call it what is it then. It is a national team. it is no longer a LI team. said it has come to that, but that's what they had to do at this age to win. the other older/younger teams are all mostly LI players.
Anyone care to summarize the difference bt the reputations of 2026 Express vs. 91? Why would a player choose one over the other?
Anyone care to summarize the difference bt the reputations of 2026 Express vs. 91? Why would a player choose one over the other?

At this point the difference is small. Does your son play enough minutes to enjoy it and does he enjoy hanging out with his teammates, and do like the families. Apart from that, one thing is, a CoachC team is 100% non stop and you get a ton value for your investment. Down the road with recruiting, all the big clubs have solid networks.
They've been the background for a while and losing key players is going to impact more. Good players don't go there, they leave there. The coaching changes show the desperation. Putting the Manhasset varsity coach in place is just trying to make people feel better about being/going there.

The coaching change was good, but all they do was replace one coach with another. Not really a change up of coaching staff. Had to happen sooner then later, but a draw to try to get more of the manhasset kids to come and/or stay prob isnt going to work so much at this point. To little, to late.

Igloo really jump the gun on tryouts this year, only having one date for some of the grades and trying to get players first they lost a lot of people at tryouts b.c they were still playing summer ball or away on vacation. There was alot of good talent there that didn't get call backs or asked to come to supp and they found spots on other teams.. S2S realized this and made another tryout the following week. Igloo should of too.

They are now holding supplements late, to try and draw in the last few good players to compete the roster, but most of the good players have all ready committed and put down deposits on a team. At this point they prob going to have to offer some incentive to get some of the top talent to join the team to replace the kids that left and want to S2S, 91, express and Legacy.

At this point the difference is small. Does your son play enough minutes to enjoy it and does he enjoy hanging out with his teammates, and do like the families. Apart from that, one thing is, a CoachC team is 100% non stop and you get a ton value for your investment. Down the road with recruiting, all the big clubs have solid networks.

Your paying for all that 100% non stop. Most of the time almost double what most other teams cost for the year. Most things are a la carte after the season starts.
Express is going to be a LaxinItUp show this year.
Agree. C gone very soon to younger years and they were behind Tigers, crabs and Hawks anyway. 91nippin at heels with Sweetlax.

Your paying for all that 100% non stop. Most of the time almost double what most other teams cost for the year. Most things are a la carte after the season starts.
How much 7k plus all said and done seriously ?
Whats the difference playing for coach C or coach 91 or coach legacy coach Z with the hook ups ??? Ty
Some tuition cost lets hear them !!
Whats the difference playing for coach C or coach 91 or coach legacy coach Z with the hook ups ??? Ty

They all have connections, but Express has the largest network and more experience. Their directors have been in the game longer. Plus they have coach in the Catholics, which increases the network. Something that other clubs simply don’t have. But hey they seem to get kids recruited. The problem I see is a parent thinks their kid is going to D1 and is more likely a D2 or D3 player.
1) Long Island Express Chaney
2) 91 Orange Storm
3) Igloo, S2S
4) Mooselax, Legacy, ECE, Roar
5) Turtles, Express Weiczorek, Rebels Inferno
6) Team 24, True Blue
7) ?
Express CoachC
Team 91 Orange Storm
Igloo Direwolves
Shore 2 Shore Raiders
Team 26
Mooselax
Legacy
East Coast Elite
Express 2
LI Empire
True Blue
Igloo Deep Freeze
Icon
Rebels Inferno
24 East
Turtles
Shore 2 Shore Barracudas
Rush
Lockjaw
Rebels Rhinos
Express 3
Recon
Team 91 Freeze

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

WRONG

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

Dude we get it. Maryland is cheaper. Good for you. Stop trolling the board for tuitions. And all those numbers for Long Island are way off.

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

Dude we get it. Maryland is cheaper. Good for you. Stop trolling the board for tuitions. And all those numbers for Long Island are way off.

Those are apparently all made up numbers. I know for a fact that 91 is $4400 and Express is $3900. I was told that Rebels is $3400.
Those are apparently all made up numbers. I know for a fact that 91 is $4400 and Express is $3900. I was told that Rebels is $3400.

For an entire year, fall and spring, or just one season?
Rebels is $4,000 returning players. $4,375 new players.

Rebels post theirs
https://www.rebelslc.com/tuition
[quote=Anonymous]Some tuition cost lets hear them !!

Express $4800
91 $4900
Legacy $4400
S2s ?
Rebels ?
Igloo ?
Empire ?
Recon ?
Annapolis hawks $2800
LaxMassachusetts $3k

WRONG[/quot. true rip off

Rebels is just another club profiting off of kids dreams. Sad business model.

Rebels post theirs

Only big club that posts theirs, and I think cheapest too!

Rebels post theirs

Only big club that posts theirs, and I think cheapest too!

Doesn’t include gear. Extra $300-$600

Every club profits of kids Dreams

Entire year
The Rebels teams at 2026 at TERRIBLE. Anyone paying that price is getting completely FLEECED!

Every club profits of kids Dreams

Parents dreams. They drive all of this.

Rebels post theirs
I applaud them for posting their rates. Express has tuition but everything costs additional, 91 pretty consistent. At the end of the year they're all over 4k once you add in tryout fees, travel, hotels, showcases you're looking at over 7k per year.

Rebels post theirs
I applaud them for posting their rates. Express has tuition but everything costs additional, 91 pretty consistent. At the end of the year they're all over 4k once you add in tryout fees, travel, hotels, showcases you're looking at over 7k per year.

Now add in the extra cost for 10th and 11th grade. If your kid wants to play on the next level, you need to add the cost of individual showcases and prospect days. Depending on how many you do, the cost can go up another $3,000 or more with showcases fees, prospect day fees, travel back and forth from them.
Express CoachC
Team 91 Orange Storm
Igloo Direwolves
Shore 2 Shore Raiders
Team 26
Mooselax
Legacy
East Coast Elite
Express 2
LI Empire
True Blue
Igloo Deep Freeze
Icon
Rebels Inferno
24 East
Turtles
Shore 2 Shore Barracudas
Rush
Lockjaw
Rebels Rhinos
Express 3
Recon
Team 91 Freeze

Accurate!
Icon is reasonably priced. Looking for a few positions - middies, goalie - if you don’t want to pay high prices should give them a look.
Turtles are solid team that can compete with mid level teams. I know they are looking for a few players and posted supplementals for next week. Lower priced program on Long Island. Worth giving it a shot
Turtles are solid team that can compete with mid level teams. I know they are looking for a few players and posted supplementals for next week. Lower priced program on Long Island. Worth giving it a shot

Low priced should not be be the prime selling point. Like any product you sometimes have to pay for quality. What else besides cost would you state are benefits? Often it’s lost cost because tourneys they play in and coaches. So the point is the cost is cheaper, but there a balance.
This forum is horrible with this security feature. It never works very difficult to post anything.
This forum is horrible with this security feature. It never works very difficult to post anything.

Be quiet peasant

Low priced should not be be the prime selling point. Like any product you sometimes have to pay for quality. What else besides cost would you state are benefits? Often it’s lost cost because tourneys they play in and coaches. So the point is the cost is cheaper, but there a balance.

I think it comes down to what people are looking for. If you want to play at the next level all of these teams can help. It depends on what level you want and can compete at. I have a 2022 son, I've seen way too many kids believe that they can play D1or can make it at a High Academic D3. only to be disappointed. They were way too many kids on his team that never played (Express) they carried at one point 32 kids. They told each of the parents that it would be beneficial for them to play on the 2nd team. This 2nd team then would be completive and they would be able to get recruited because they would be playing. Most of the parents refused. They felt that practicing ageist the best would help their kid get better (the old Iron sharpens iron) In the end those that didn't play didn't get recruited. Why--- because they never played. No college coach will take a kid that he has never seen play.

Many parents blamed the club, but it was their fault. You can say the club should not have taken the money if they knew that the kid was not going to play. But it comes down to the parents ego. I have also seen kids get offers from some good schools but the parents dismissed the school as not being good enough. Only to have the kid not get recruited and not get into one of the chosen schools.

My point is know where your kid belongs academically, socially and lacrosse wise. Most of the clubs listed above that have 2022 and 2023 teams, have kids going on to play at the next level. yeah I know they are not going to Duke or Ives or the top academic schools but they are going to schools that fit them and they are getting some money to play a game that they love. Not every Kid can make it at the top schools. we all wan that but its not realistic. Know your kid and know what is realistic. It's ok to aim high and we should but have a plan B.

I think it comes down to what people are looking for. If you want to play at the next level all of these teams can help. It depends on what level you want and can compete at. I have a 2022 son, I've seen way too many kids believe that they can play D1or can make it at a High Academic D3. only to be disappointed. They were way too many kids on his team that never played (Express) they carried at one point 32 kids. They told each of the parents that it would be beneficial for them to play on the 2nd team. This 2nd team then would be completive and they would be able to get recruited because they would be playing. Most of the parents refused. They felt that practicing ageist the best would help their kid get better (the old Iron sharpens iron) In the end those that didn't play didn't get recruited. Why--- because they never played. No college coach will take a kid that he has never seen play.

Many parents blamed the club, but it was their fault. You can say the club should not have taken the money if they knew that the kid was not going to play. But it comes down to the parents ego. I have also seen kids get offers from some good schools but the parents dismissed the school as not being good enough. Only to have the kid not get recruited and not get into one of the chosen schools.

My point is know where your kid belongs academically, socially and lacrosse wise. Most of the clubs listed above that have 2022 and 2023 teams, have kids going on to play at the next level. yeah I know they are not going to Duke or Ives or the top academic schools but they are going to schools that fit them and they are getting some money to play a game that they love. Not every Kid can make it at the top schools. we all wan that but its not realistic. Know your kid and know what is realistic. It's ok to aim high and we should but have a plan B.

Most accurate post ever posted here.
Lots of movement in this class. Excited to see what this season brings.

Most accurate post ever posted here.

Yes, one of the most well written, realistic post! Don’t have your kid sitting the bench in his developing years, pre-recruiting year and recruiting years for the club name. You would rather have your kid on a team “playing” against those clubs (even if team loses). Playing is the key word. Don’t waste time and money having your kid sitting on a bench. That will get your kid nowhere.

Go to a club where he will play in actual games. Competition makes him better and eventually gets him seen. Use some of the extra $s you save from the overpriced 32 roster big name club and get some extra training! Then as you see him playing and actually competing against the top kids, you should know where he stands by his recruiting year.
Rebels is $3800
[quote=Anonymous]Rebels is $3800

Now that the kids are in High School, there are 2 main reasons that kids play club. 1) To get recruited and play somewhere at the next level 2) Stay sharp for HS ball. Which ever reason you are on a club team, bottom line is you need to play and be on the filed. It's not so much about winning at this point. Would you rather be a bench rider on a good team and win or play a ton of minutes on a 2nd level team. Who happen to play some good competition. All of these clubs cost a fortune, i would rather my kid play and get better. The choice is yours, I've never understood the detest for some teams. Some parents just need to take down anyone who are going a different route than them. Every kid is different and are traveling different paths. What is good for yours may not be good for someone else. All the kids are also at a different level of skill. No need to knock a kid or a team that are B level. It's great that your kid is on a good team. Don't worry about others.
This Little League WS on every major ESPN channel and way more exciting than Lacrosse youth WS and even the PLL .
This Little League WS on every major ESPN channel and way more exciting than Lacrosse youth WS and even the PLL .

These are ninth graders. No one cares about the Lacrosse World Series.
As a previous poster noted, these kids are now in High School; I'm curious to learn how many 2026 head coaches are truly qualified to coach at the HS level?

My son's team has had a great head coach, who is a respected, successful local youth town coach, who also is a successful businessman and all of his own kids have graduated from college.

The downside is that he has no playing experience, no HS coaching certifications or experience and his style of coaching is more towards the intermediate level.

Before I raise my concerns with the club team's director, it would be interesting to know about other 2026 head coaches.
As a previous poster noted, these kids are now in High School; I'm curious to learn how many 2026 head coaches are truly qualified to coach at the HS level?

My son's team has had a great head coach, who is a respected, successful local youth town coach, who also is a successful businessman and all of his own kids have graduated from college.

The downside is that he has no playing experience, no HS coaching certifications or experience and his style of coaching is more towards the intermediate level.

Before I raise my concerns with the club team's director, it would be interesting to know about other 2026 head coaches.

My son plays for a top 10 2026 team and his coaches are a head varsity coach and an assistant college coach.
My sons coach is the head coach of a D3 team that won. We are very lucky.

There are some very experienced coaches on LI at this level. You do have more options. But the time to ask that question was probably earlier this summer. If you are not happy with your coach with one reason or another, the time to have that discussion was ideally prior to tryouts. Then you could have explored other options if you were unhappy with the answer. I am not sure how productive that conversation will be at this point.
Legacy get all new coaches or same daddy ball coaching ?

At this point in HS and considering the price you're probably paying all of the coaches should be experienced. Some very good coaches at every level have never played the game but they are still qualified. Just because someone played the game doesn't mean they can coach, that goes for all sports. With that being said, they should at least match their knowledge of the game with the level of play.
Let’s bring back some balance this year when it comes to tournament location selection.

Maybe this would be an acceptable compromise for most on east coast, Maryland to Mass:

- 20% local (within 1hr travel - no hotel needed)
- 40% central location (around 1.5hrs travel - no hotel required)
- 20% near regions (around 4hrs travel - hotel needed)
- 10% far regions (plane likely needed)
Let’s bring back some balance this year when it comes to tournament location selection.

Maybe this would be an acceptable compromise for most on east coast, Maryland to Mass:

- 20% local (within 1hr travel - no hotel needed)
- 40% central location (around 1.5hrs travel - no hotel required)
- 20% near regions (around 4hrs travel - hotel needed)
- 10% far regions (plane likely needed)

Depends on the team. If you're a B level team, why would you ever be driving 4hrs when there are plenty of B level teams/tourneys closer.

If you're a AA team, you have to drive further to find similar competition. Fewer true AA teams/tourneys, so those teams will likely need to stay in hotels most weekends in the summer.
Does not seem right that Sweetlax Upstate is ranked in the same state as Express by US Club Lax. The #4 team in the nation should have a #1 state rank. Recommended Long Island should be its own state.
Does not seem right that Sweetlax Upstate is ranked in the same state as Express by US Club Lax. The #4 team in the nation should have a #1 state rank. Recommended Long Island should be its own state.

Lol? Okay
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.
Give b level lax a try. Tournaments and families are fun. No stress. Like a good concert!
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.
If you're referring to either Express or 91 being that team, it doesn't mean your kid isn't good. There are plenty of skilled players on these teams who wont get field time and, obviously, those organizations are just going to keep taking student players on (or flying them in) when available. There will always be great talent that never sees the field. At this point, make sure your kid is on the field. No one cares what club helmet he's wearing any more or how they did at the World Series when they were 12.
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the

punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.
Well said a realist on here

Same thing happened to us. My son was with a club for some time and they brought in other kids who were adequate but had no feel for the game, and it showed up mightily on the scoreboard. In our case, we tried out with a lower profile organization that is a very solid team (better than the one we left) and that's where he plays now. Regardless of the situation or the level of the squad,, your kid should feel valued. If you're not getting that vibe, go elsewhere or go find a different activity that makes him feel valued. You want your son to remember this time in their life with good memories.
Dont see Legacy ranked aernt they a AA team ?
I guess I had high hopes for Club Lacrosse. Yes there are some programs that are all about winning as they cherry pick the best with hopes of winning a tee shirt every weekend. I honestly thought I would get raked over the coals with my original post. HAHA. My son wont quit. I have to give him props for that. Any other kid would've quit a long time ago. Never easy going to a tournament knowing you are going to lose almost every game. He played. He never hurt the squad and was a good teammate. He contributed. As parents we never complained. We just felt he is developing at his own pace. And let's face it there were other kids in the same boat. I guess someone had to get cut. It might as well be us. Blessing in disguise? We will do clinics. We will support him. He simply loves the game. I just detest the BS that involves club lacrosse.

Good for you. This is a good realization to have earlier in high school rather than later. I’ve always said unless you are one of top players in high school in the country, high level club is a waste of time. Take that time and money and maybe do a few showcases or prospect days instead. Or even play on a B team just to have some fun and relax. High level clubs will sell you a bridge to nowhere just to make money and the reality is, in high school club become drastically less meaningful and pales in comparison to the high school experience. The club system isn’t bad up through middle school but once you get past that it has less purpose and less meaning except to take your dollars. Whatever happens next for your kid it will all be fine because lacrosse ends eventually.

Filled with dads coaching last season easily spent 8/10 k the whole yr traveling to FL in june and july to maryland Delaware to go 0/5 wasnt happy and gone . Wasny for us … maybe for others .

I think this post really hits home for a lot of us. While I have really enjoyed the time with my kids, I too can’t wait for the travel scene to be over. And with fairly young kids in it, I have a ways to go. I’m tired of the shady club owners. I’m tired of the parents who love to bash other kids on their own team. I’m tired of the back door deals before you even show up to tryouts. I think a lot of us are tired of it all. The travel lacrosse scene has evolved into the modern era snake oil salesman. If you complain about it, they take it out on your kid. We keep doing it because our kids love the game……that’s it. If my kid told me tomorrow he didn’t want to play travel lacrosse anymore, I would be relieved. How sad is that
Rank 83 LI Legacy Electric Eels (2026)

How is that even possible i can see top 10 rankings the highest. Who sits down and figures this stuff out . 83 lol.

How is that even possible i can see top 10 rankings the highest. Who sits down and figures this stuff out . 83 lol.

US Club Lacrosse computers

Same ranking formula the NCAA uses. You would be surprised wha computers can do these days.
Thank you everyone for the kind support. I have to clarify a few things. My son was playing on a very low level B team. He played. Playing time wasn’t the issue. He participated in the normal end of summer ritual of tryouts. After the tryout we never heard from the team. So we have no idea if he was cut or not? I know of a another player who tried out and heard he made the team. Perhaps they lost my number or email? So all things being equal. I think he was cut. So, it’s okay in my opinion. He seems fine now but had a tough time earlier. Time heals all wounds. This is what I mean about the BS. I think once again a blessing in disguise. Just feel communication is the biggest fault with club lacrosse. My story is just one facet. What about the kids who make the “A” team? The parents are happy. The player is happy. Then after a few weeks of practices? A new player shows up at practice. Think nothing of it. Then that player is starting while yours is now on the sideline. But he’s on the “A” team. There are other more notable stories of dread from the club lax world. I have witnessed a lot. I have heard a lot. And I still think my situation isn’t that bad, just unfortunate. I think If your son is on the LILJ top 50 players list. And on an elite club team that’s awesome. God gave him a gift and I wish him the best. For me, It was fun while it lasted. Got my Saturdays back.
Lesson is, hit the wall.
Thank you everyone for the kind support. I have to clarify a few things. My son was playing on a very low level B team. He played. Playing time wasn’t the issue. He participated in the normal end of summer ritual of tryouts. After the tryout we never heard from the team. So we have no idea if he was cut or not? I know of a another player who tried out and heard he made the team. Perhaps they lost my number or email? So all things being equal. I think he was cut. So, it’s okay in my opinion. He seems fine now but had a tough time earlier. Time heals all wounds. This is what I mean about the BS. I think once again a blessing in disguise. Just feel communication is the biggest fault with club lacrosse. My story is just one facet. What about the kids who make the “A” team? The parents are happy. The player is happy. Then after a few weeks of practices? A new player shows up at practice. Think nothing of it. Then that player is starting while yours is now on the sideline. But he’s on the “A” team. There are other more notable stories of dread from the club lax world. I have witnessed a lot. I have heard a lot. And I still think my situation isn’t that bad, just unfortunate. I think If your son is on the LILJ top 50 players list. And on an elite club team that’s awesome. God gave him a gift and I wish him the best. For me, It was fun while it lasted. Got my Saturdays back.

For a coach or club to cut a kid that was on team is fine, just part of tryouts. However, no call, text or email is really sad. What club.

In all honesty, if a club can’t be bothered the communicate whether a player made the team or not, then that portends poor communication going forward so you saved yourself a whole buttload of future frustration. Congrats on reclaiming your lives from the insanity that we call lacrosse which helps many kids but frustrates many more.

I’m sorry this happened to your son. I am certain he will find something else that he loves. This will redirect him to something better. Best of luck to him!! Thanks for your dedication to this sport.
Fall Brawl who’s going to be there ? This will sort out some of the controversy of where local teams are at.
Fall Brawl who’s going to be there ? This will sort out some of the controversy of where local teams are at.

What controversy? That’s so silly.

Is Fall Brawl supposed to be an indicator if a team is good or bad? Makes no sense. Its not a great tournament in general. If anything, teams will use it as a warm up for the NAL which is the next day.

Is Fall Brawl supposed to be an indicator if a team is good or bad? Makes no sense. Its not a great tournament in general. If anything, teams will use it as a warm up for the NAL which is the next day.

Good indicator of the local Long Island 2026 landscape. Some of the A teams like Wiezorek, ECE, Shore 2 Shore, Igloo Direwolves, Legacy, Mooselax have made improvements in the off-season.
These are the teams that play in Fall Brall in 2021 - appears to be a B tournament
Team 2026
LILC 2026
Ballers 2026
Team 91 LI 2026 Freeze
Dalers 2026
LMYL 26
LI Empire Lacrosse
Sachem North Lacrosse Club
Team Huntington Gray
2026 Rush Force
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
And dalers won should be great indicator since a town team won
These are the teams that play in Fall Brall in 2021 - appears to be a B tournament
Team 2026
LILC 2026
Ballers 2026
Team 91 LI 2026 Freeze
Dalers 2026
LMYL 26
LI Empire Lacrosse
Sachem North Lacrosse Club
Team Huntington Gray
2026 Rush Force

That was last year.
Does Igloo still [Censored]?
Had some impressive games last year
Does anyone know anything about NCSA recruiting?

Yes, as a high school I think it is not worth the money. Most college coaches would say the same thing. Some have found it to work but I recommend getting the book "Looking For A Full Ride". Everything you need to know to help the recruiting process is in there. As 2026 kids all they can do right now is send videos, emails, attend clinics/showcases. Coaches truly can't talk to them yet. This is the time to just get on "the map" so to say. Good Luck!
I guess anything of importance doesn’t get addressed ?
Thank you.
Lost a lot of players over last couple years and brought their B team guys up. Not sure what they have for a goalie these days as their guy went to Express and he had no back up. Assuming B team kid. That B team didn't do much of anything last year, so not sure if they'll be competitive this year. Not too many newbies coming in from other organizations.
Lost a lot of players over last couple years and brought their B team guys up. Not sure what they have for a goalie these days as their guy went to Express and he had no back up. Assuming B team kid. That B team didn't do much of anything last year, so not sure if they'll be competitive this year. Not too many newbies coming in from other organizations.

B team had at least 2 goalies, I know that one was moved up.

Yes, as a high school I think it is not worth the money. Most college coaches would say the same thing. Some have found it to work but I recommend getting the book "Looking For A Full Ride". Everything you need to know to help the recruiting process is in there. As 2026 kids all they can do right now is send videos, emails, attend clinics/showcases. Coaches truly can't talk to them yet. This is the time to just get on "the map" so to say. Good Luck!

Totally agree with this. Renee Lopez book (mentioned above ) is great. Her Facebook group is extremely helpful with the recruiting process. She and several others who used it say the NCSA is big waste of money. She continually states that most kids/parents wait to long to start the process. She says you need to start doing things in 9th grade. Best of luck

They are not a AA. See how they do when they go to Delaware soon .

Went far back for this one.
Who are the dad coaches that everyone says they have?
Did the Turtles team fold?

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously the same poster who has something out for the team. Nothing better to do. Either a parent who had a kid not make the team or decided to leave for greener grass and now is left trashing them. Personally don't know much about this team but it seems like they've done some nice things with kids being recruited recently. Going to some decent D1 programs.
no

No. New coaches.

Does legacy have daddy coaches ?
maybe you do ?

No. New coaches.
new coaches because half the team left

No. New coaches.

No problem with the Turtles is the CEO head chees-Mo is to cheap to hire coaches and subs them out with cash register boys from Lacrosse Unlimited or daddy coaches . 27 went bad now 26’s. . His era from 2017 is done brah ….

Does legacy have daddy coaches ?

2 on the staff I believe.

I think this post really hits home for a lot of us. While I have really enjoyed the time with my kids, I too can’t wait for the travel scene to be over. And with fairly young kids in it, I have a ways to go. I’m tired of the shady club owners. I’m tired of the parents who love to bash other kids on their own team. I’m tired of the back door deals before you even show up to tryouts. I think a lot of us are tired of it all. The travel lacrosse scene has evolved into the modern era snake oil salesman. If you complain about it, they take it out on your kid. We keep doing it because our kids love the game……that’s it. If my kid told me tomorrow he didn’t want to play travel lacrosse anymore, I would be relieved. How sad is that

You just summed up travel lacrosse, sadly. The back door deals before tryouts especially rang true this year for my younger player. teams already knew who they were taking but held tryouts and made tons of money and regardless how your kid did he wasn’t making it. Parents were literally talking about it on the sidelines that their kid was already on the team.

The positives are the good friendships made between kids and sometimes adults. My kids still look forward to tournaments, they love to play.
Agreed .....cant tell you how many parents said " it was nice to not think about lacrosse for a while at the end of the summer ". It's a sad state of affairs....we are making these coaches/directors rich for what ? Sorry to say but nationally lacrosse is still a nothing sport , 1% youth participation rate nationally and that's a fact . Yet,somehow these coaches/directors walk around like they are some really important people while stuffing their pockets . Theae guys are sad individuals with egos based on an almost unrecognized sport .
Agreed .....cant tell you how many parents said " it was nice to not think about lacrosse for a while at the end of the summer ". It's a sad state of affairs....we are making these coaches/directors rich for what ? Sorry to say but nationally lacrosse is still a nothing sport , 1% youth participation rate nationally and that's a fact . Yet,somehow these coaches/directors walk around like they are some really important people while stuffing their pockets . Theae guys are sad individuals with egos based on an almost unrecognized sport .
Both post above total facts . I Been saying the same forever. Koolaid drinking parents think college is free lucky you get 1/3 or no more than 5k for a 2/3 day practice/workout in college while the student body doesn’t even go to the game .
How did you hear about the coaching change? Any idea who the new coaches are?

No. New coaches.

No problem with the Turtles is the CEO head chees-Mo is to cheap to hire coaches and subs them out with cash register boys from Lacrosse Unlimited or daddy coaches . 27 went bad now 26’s. . His era from 2017 is done brah ….

When they restarted the program they had some decent interest and were able to get decent teams going. I know they were trying to get to the A level. 2023 and 2025 was their best teams. 23s are done with travel and not sure where the 25s stand now.

No. New coaches.

How did you hear about the coaching change? Any idea who the new coaches are?

No. New coaches.

When they restarted the program they had some decent interest and were able to get decent teams going. I know they were trying to get to the A level. 2023 and 2025 was their best teams. 23s are done with travel and not sure where the 25s stand now.

How many kids jumped ship ?

No. New coaches.

How many kids jumped ship ?

more than 5, less than 10
Anyone know who won fall jam ?
Machine
Anyone know who won fall jam ?
Well Played!
Machine defeated T26 5-3
You mean who won the " fall [Censored] " tournament?
Not much to talk about with Fall Jam. Uneventful, no competition, Express had C and D teams entered, 27 team won the 26 bracket. Sounds like the fun happened at Kellenberg with Express and S2S beating up Igloo.
Looks like Legacy didn’t improve much . Cant win out of state and can beat a middle school team .
Looks like Legacy didn’t improve much . Cant win out of state and can beat a middle school team .

Legacy is a nice b level program. Nothing wrong with that. Their 24 team is obviously off the charts. After that all their teams have a big dropoff.

Legacy is a nice b level program. Nothing wrong with that. Their 24 team is obviously off the charts. After that all their teams have a big dropoff.
Watched the game against 91s 2027 team. They had no chance. Lost face offs, defense let up 5 goals in first 5 minutes, couldn’t keep ball on offense, didn’t make any adjustments to their lineup and 91 kept coming. 91 was aggressive, fast paced, capitalized.
Machine vs T26 was best game of the day. Machine parents and T26 parents sat together in the stands and watched their children battle it out and leave it on the field . Nothing more should be said it was a good game.

Watched the game against 91s 2027 team. They had no chance. Lost face offs, defense let up 5 goals in first 5 minutes, couldn’t keep ball on offense, didn’t make any adjustments to their lineup and 91 kept coming. 91 was aggressive, fast paced, capitalized.

This 2027 91 team will eventually be like there 2020 2022 2023 2024 where half the will have St. Anthony’s helmets and Chaminade helmets and probably everyone will be recruited D1 if not a good D2. Special team .
Not a Legacy parent but that is a good team. Definitely not B. A B level team would have gotten destroyed against that machine team. Legacy was in that game.
Take the under
Not a Legacy parent but that is a good team. Definitely not B. A B level team would have gotten destroyed against that machine team. Legacy was in that game.

B+ plus at best.
Machine vs T26 was best game of the day. Machine parents and T26 parents sat together in the stands and watched their children battle it out and leave it on the field . Nothing more should be said it was a good game.

The only reason T26 even made it to the final was because of the cupcake schedule they had. They beat Express' 3rd and 4th team and TB (barely).

Legacy hadn't let up a goal until the 3rd game. Agreed that they were outmatched in the Machine game. But it was the tale of 2 halves.

B+ plus at best.
Legacy was never in that game. Not sure what you saw but they didnt come any closer than 4-5 goals difference. It was 5-0 or 5-1 within 7 minutes and only slowed down when 91 let some of their other kids get in the game and they were moving the ball around. Legacy kept most of the same kids on the field.

B+ plus at best.
Legacy was never in that game. Not sure what you saw but they didnt come any closer than 4-5 goals difference. It was 5-0 or 5-1 within 7 minutes and only slowed down when 91 let some of their other kids get in the game and they were moving the ball around. Legacy kept most of the same kids on the field.

Perhaps you're replying to the wrong post, but their stake in that game, doesn't preclude them from being a decent team.
I always love how parents focus on one team and try to bring them down. I always wonder what the reasons are for that.

B+ plus at best.

Perhaps you're replying to the wrong post, but their stake in that game, doesn't preclude them from being a decent team.
I always love how parents focus on one team and try to bring them down. I always wonder what the reasons are for that.

Because they have nothing eles in to worry about 24/7 for dead end mean nothing sport at the end of the day .

It’s a B level team. They got thoroughly beaten by an 8th grade team . When they are put in A brackets they get destroyed. And when someone starts a statement with “I’m not (team name) parent but …….they are definitely a parent of that team.

This 2027 91 team will eventually be like there 2020 2022 2023 2024 where half the will have St. Anthony’s helmets and Chaminade helmets and probably everyone will be recruited D1 if not a good D2. Special team .

Nope. They will all be wearing Massapequa helmets and be recruited by Adelphi. Now take your special team back to the 2027 thread. Thank you.

Legacy hadn't let up a goal until the 3rd game. Agreed that they were outmatched in the Machine game. But it was the tale of 2 halves.
First two games were against subpar teams... TB and one of Express' C or D teams. Holding those two teams to no goals means nothing. The only competitive team was the 2027 Machine team and they crumbled.

First two games were against subpar teams... TB and one of Express' C or D teams. Holding those two teams to no goals means nothing. The only competitive team was the 2027 Machine team and they crumbled.

9-4 against the best 2027 team in the country and that’s probably the first tournament Legacy played this year as a new team. Yet you people are ridiculing ? That’s ridiculous. Btw, True Blue is a pretty good team themselves.

9-4 against the best 2027 team in the country and that’s probably the first tournament Legacy played this year as a new team. Yet you people are ridiculing ? That’s ridiculous. Btw, True Blue is a pretty good team themselves.

Give it a rest. If you're an "A" team you beat teams that are a year younger than you.

Give it a rest. If you're an "A" team you beat teams that are a year younger than you.
Exactly. Losing to a team who is 3rd ranked in the nation and a year younger shouldn't mean you did well considering the loss. As good as the 91 team is, they didn't beat top level 2026 teams last year. They beat mostly B teams in the 2026 tourneys they played in. Legacy shouldn't be making excuses. They know they aren't an A team.

Exactly. Losing to a team who is 3rd ranked in the nation and a year younger shouldn't mean you did well considering the loss. As good as the 91 team is, they didn't beat top level 2026 teams last year. They beat mostly B teams in the 2026 tourneys they played in. Legacy shouldn't be making excuses. They know they aren't an A team.

Begs the question, Why do you care?
Unless you're scared of getting beat by them, move on to another team/topic.
I also detest to break it to everyone, but 95% of the teams from LI in this age group can be considered B. After CoachC and 91 there is a tremendous fall off. So knock it off.
If your son is on one of those 2 teams, yay for him. If not, enough. Get over the minutia of AA/A/B/C - it's lunacy.
Fall NAL looks stacked. I know…fall ball, kids missing, etc. but that Group D is the group of death at the 2026 level. Hawks, CoachC, Towermen and 3d NE Red. Most of the top 20 there.
I think that this is correct. Sweetlax Upstate contains boys from the Syracuse Rochester area of NY.. LIE has kids form CT. NY,PA NJ, MA., doesn't really seem like a "NY" team to me.
I think that this is correct. Sweetlax Upstate contains boys from the Syracuse Rochester area of NY.. LIE has kids form CT. NY,PA NJ, MA., doesn't really seem like a "NY" team to me.

Every kid on LIE is from LI. You heard it here first.

Rochester and Syracuse are not close.
Fall brawl on Friday Legacy Eels playing in
2025 ? Why ? You cant beat 2027 team . How about play the 2026 .
Its a C tourney, not even a B. You are supposed to be doing fall showcase events at this age. Waste of time.
Thats a no win situation for Legacy. Lost to a 2027 team. Would likely lose to ECE and LIE in the 2026 bracket. Now playing against their own 2025 B team (and other B teams) in the 25 bracket.
Thats a no win situation for Legacy. Lost to a 2027 team. Would likely lose to ECE and LIE in the 2026 bracket. Now playing against their own 2025 B team (and other B teams) in the 25 bracket.
Doesn’t make sense .

The LIE team in that tournament is the C team.
Doesn’t make sense .
For them, it does. If they lose to bad 2025 teams, they can say they played up and lost to older kids. If they win, they'll claim how good the 2025 competition was and stand proud.

The LIE team in that tournament is the C team.

More like the D team
Whoa, Legacy or their directors must have really made some of you angry to spend so much of your hard earned Lax Dad time on them.
They're really putting a wrinkle in your clearance Vineyard Vines tees, huh?
The winkoffs are failed boys lacrosse club owners now just trying to make money off of "'college bound " stuff and these " all long island team " selection....give me a break . Not to take anything away from kids that are chosen but it means absolutely nothing what the winkoffs and lilj think ...they're irrelevant in boys lacrosse
The winkoffs are failed boys lacrosse club owners now just trying to make money off of "'college bound " stuff and these " all long island team " selection....give me a break . Not to take anything away from kids that are chosen but it means absolutely nothing what the winkoffs and lilj think ...they're irrelevant in boys lacrosse

They are doing a good job getting LI kids some press and hype. Providing opportunities for some playing time and events for kids to do. They put together great events and leagues. It’s Definitely great opportunities for the LI lacrosse players. It’s Not anymore cost to do than other events, put on by all the other club directors.

Yes, it’s a business and it cost $s and EVERYONE who does lacrosse knows the tournament directors/Event planners are in it, to make $s. That’s nothing new. Who can blame them for jumping in, look at ALL the others on LI making BIG bucks off your kids.
you are mistaken, it's Team 91 with players from all over the country.
You are correct. Good geography! They are about 50-60 miles apart, but think about the population differences. The Finger Lakes area does not have 3-4 million people living in a 50 mile radius that the Li express does. And they have other teams up there also on the A and B level who do quite well. (Grizzly, Harvest, FCA, Salty Dogs, Orange crush and now True Upstate.
What happened with all the Legacy Eel hype? 0-3 at the NAL scoring only 8 goals and getting shut out 13-0....It's going to be a long painful spring.
Aside from LIE, which just dominates their opponents, there was only 1 win from the remaining 4 Long Island teams at the NAL yesterday. Igloo (0-3), Legacy (0-3), Mooselax (0-2-1), and S2S (1-2). Will those teams beat subpar A and B teams, likely. But they wont ever be considered top tier at this age group. LIE and 91 have all the talent regardless where they came from. No one else seems to match up.
LIE will loose to 91.Take it to the bank!
LIE will loose to 91.Take it to the bank!

They should lose to 91. They’re a national team.
Hard to tell anything from fall lax (missing players, etc) but LIE CoachC is just so dominant right now. Congrats to them at NAL.
Pretty simple, when you can't win with local talent, Go National and protect the brand!
Pretty simple, when you can't win with local talent, Go National and protect the brand!

If the goal for HS teams to win…with 30+ man rosters…yes, you must recruit out of town, which is fine. But in retrospect isn’t better to just have a manageable roster where everyone plays and are all are good lacrosse players.
What happened with all the Legacy Eel hype? 0-3 at the NAL scoring only 8 goals and getting shut out 13-0....It's going to be a long painful spring.

Thought they played Friday on Long Island also yesterday ?
LIE going to crush SL again this weekend. Spread is +10.

That Express team is special for sure. Most of those kids will be playing on the varsity level this year or moved up to JVA if they attend Chammy or St As.

another troll...LIE has never crushed SL

Last meeting LIE won by a lot, LIE has won every meeting ever.

10-5 is not a big margin
10/17/2021 Sweet 16, Express won 13-6 & 6/12/22 NAL, Express won 10-5....Not blow outs, but all good games...Prior to those 2 meetings, LIE won the previous 5 meetings and once again all great games!!! Both teams demand respect and both have a mutual respect for each other.
You might have respect for us but the feeling isn’t mutual mr upstate.
10/17/2021 Sweet 16, Express won 13-6 & 6/12/22 NAL, Express won 10-5....Not blow outs, but all good games...Prior to those 2 meetings, LIE won the previous 5 meetings and once again all great games!!! Both teams demand respect and both have a mutual respect for each other.
Who cares

10-5 is not a big margin

Maybe not. But the 2nd half was 8-1. Sweetlax had the lead st half.

10-5 is not a big margin

Maybe not. But the 2nd half was 8-1. Sweetlax had the lead st half.

Stop the insanity. This is always a great game when these two teams play. Either team could pull it out in the end and Sweetlax is due for a win.
New nlf rankings out.close but 91 will be 1 by end of weekend!

This didn't age well. Big L from Lax Black

91 storm didn’t do well because their players that were coming from Canada had their flight delayed

91 storm didn’t do well because their players that were coming from Canada had their flight delayed

Lol, with the exception of LIE most of these AA teams in the top 10-20 are made up of a lot of double holdback players from all over the country.
LIE and 91 had a great game this weekend. LIE took the one goal win. Was more impressed that the parents on the sidelines actually behaved themselves. That's how it should be.
LIE and 91 had a great game this weekend. LIE took the one goal win. Was more impressed that the parents on the sidelines actually behaved themselves. That's how it should be.

Yup. Except Express is a Long Island club. 91 at this age is a national team. After the game the few kids from 91 who actually live in New York flew home.

Yup. Except Express is a Long Island club. 91 at this age is a national team. After the game the few kids from 91 who actually live in New York flew home.

Good thing for Express that three 91 starters not there.

Why don't these teams ever play on Long Island?

Why don't these teams ever play on Long Island?

They did and Express rinsed them. And then 91 retooled and recruited to compete at events like last weekend and the two NLF tourneys next summer.

Excuses... 91 has been using them forever with this team...
You are correct. They are about 60 miles apart with a total population between the 2 cities of about 1 million. What is the population of NYC,LI and Westchester,. more I would think than Syracuse and Rochester and all the area in between.. i hope that you can raise more talented kids from the city area. Also lets not forget where Lacrosse started. Thank you to the Iroquois Nation!
Anyone know who’s gonna be at Laxfest ?
How did 91 Faison do at NLF?

No. New coaches.

Turtles are trying to start a new club in Charleston SC.
How did 91 Faison do at NLF?

Relax daddy, he's very overrated.
My first time seeing him play and I wasn’t overly impressed. He was locked down by some team’s defense and had several temper tantrum’s while playing. Not a good look to have in front of the college coaches in attendance.
First time at LI Lax Fest at Farmingdale state college this weekend. Well organized event, 99.9% of the people were great.

One fool parent, of a ICON player, yelled out to his son a defenseman to punish "bury him" if that player does another BTB pass during the 4Q of blowout. It happened during a fast break.

Clearly, a little unhinged and immature.
First time at LI Lax Fest at Farmingdale state college this weekend. Well organized event, 99.9% of the people were great.

One fool parent, of a ICON player, yelled out to his son a defenseman to punish "bury him" if that player does another BTB pass during the 4Q of blowout. It happened during a fast break.

Clearly, a little unhinged and immature.

Guy on BOTC calling people immature, dude seriously
InsideLacrosse 2026 rankings just dropped, Express, Sweetlax Navy, Laxachusetts, Crabs, Team 91 LI, Sweetlax, Mad Dog, DC Express, Hilltop, BBL top 10.
How’s Legacy team ?
How’s Legacy team ?

Personally i'd say they're a very high end B team or low end A team.
How’s Legacy team ?

Overpriced , travel too much to go 1 win may 2 out of 4/5?games each tournament
How’s Legacy team ?

Absolutely not a low end a team. Good B team. That’s it. They consistently get crushed at the NAL.
I’m not sure “crushed” is correct sir, all but one game was within one to two goals. That’s it!
I’m not sure “crushed” is correct sir, all but one game was within one to two goals. That’s it!

1-4 is bad. I think it’s a little late for moral victories.
Only win was against a team that went 0-5. A loss is a loss. Like I said, a nice little b team. Nothing more
You said crushed, your definition is different than mine. Nice to sit and talk [Censored] about a bunch of kids by all means carry on.
Broke free from the club lax grip this year and it feels good. Tired of making other people rich by spending thousands on a product that offers no guarantee when you sign up.
Broke free from the club lax grip this year and it feels good. Tired of making other people rich by spending thousands on a product that offers no guarantee when you sign up.

Your kid get cut? Hope it works out for you.

Your kid get cut? Hope it works out for you.

Rather than assuming he got cut you should be happy for the kid that got off the club hamster wheel. Most clubs sell you an expensive bridge and don’t deliver. Better to take that home and spend it on personal training, showcases and prospect days.
Nope. Cut ourselves. Do u ever get really cut? Someone’s always willing to take your money
You said crushed, your definition is different than mine. Nice to sit and talk [Censored] about a bunch of kids by all means carry on.

I didn’t talk smack about any kids. I said the team wasn’t a low end a team. I then said it was a really solid b team. And yes in my opinion going 1-4 or 0-5 is getting crushed. Regardless of goal differential.
Nope. Cut ourselves. Do u ever get really cut? Someone’s always willing to take your money

Timed perfectly for when the tryouts are done. You're kid got cut or demoted to a B or C team.

I didn’t talk smack about any kids. I said the team wasn’t a low end a team. I then said it was a really solid b team. And yes in my opinion going 1-4 or 0-5 is getting crushed. Regardless of goal differential.

Just looked at their record. They have wins over BBL Elite #25 and Eclipse Black #18 and lot of wins over other AA teams. No B team is doing that. Sorry bud you just don’t know travel lacrosse.

Timed perfectly for when the tryouts are done. You're kid got cut or demoted to a B or C team.

Either way, freedom is a good thing!!

Just looked at their record. They have wins over BBL Elite #25 and Eclipse Black #18 and lot of wins over other AA teams. No B team is doing that. Sorry bud you just don’t know travel lacrosse.
So whats there overall record past 2 years ?

They're ranked #75 according to US Club Lax. That's not A team material. Sounds like they got lucky in the few games that you mention.

So whats there overall record past 2 years ?

25W 32L

They're ranked #75 according to US Club Lax. That's not A team material. Sounds like they got lucky in the few games that you mention.

Yep. 75th is solid A-/B+ Territory

Few games ? Every tournament they play is AA and their record the past year is .500. B team would get absolutely smoked in those tournaments. You really have no idea.
Any recommendations on showcases to do this year? Any to avoid?
If your son is a top player. Main stage or showtime. Best in class has gotten better with more coaches. Juniors open has declined. Best bang for your Buck is nlf 120 but by far nassau vs suffolk especially final 50 games. Outside of Nassau vs suffolk prob would do more than 2 to prevent burnout.

Few games ? Every tournament they play is AA and their record the past year is .500. B team would get absolutely smoked in those tournaments. You really have no idea.

I see Express 2nd team is ranked 77. So you're telling me that they're an AA team along with their top team?

They went 1-4 in the NAL. They went 1-4 in the LI summer showdown with a loss to the express b team. What are you talking about ? I can keep going. 0-3 in fall NAL. Oh and they lost to a 2027 team in fall (machine)

They went 1-4 in the NAL. They went 1-4 in the LI summer showdown with a loss to the express b team. What are you talking about ? I can keep going. 0-3 in fall NAL. Oh and they lost to a 2027 team in fall (machine)

Agree much worse than a .500 team just grom this yr

Newcomer here anyone that thinks a B team can beat the #18 and #25 team because of “ lucky games” is just showing they’re ignorance. Just looked at there record They have lots of wins against solid AA teams. The ignorance here is terrible.

Newcomer here anyone that thinks a B team can beat the #18 and #25 team because of “ lucky games” is just showing they’re ignorance. Just looked at there record They have lots of wins against solid AA teams. The ignorance here is terrible.

And also many losses against A & B teams, Soooooo...
Call a spade a spade. The math is real and the math says they are 75th which is a low A high B club. Does it mean they will never beat anyone 74th-1st? No. It means that they won a few games against good teams but lost more games than they should have. Not sure why people are trying to make them a AA team.
If your son is a top player. Main stage or showtime. Best in class has gotten better with more coaches. Juniors open has declined. Best bang for your Buck is nlf 120 but by far nassau vs suffolk especially final 50 games. Outside of Nassau vs suffolk prob would do more than 2 to prevent burnout.

Agree with most of this. Caveat is the best showcases are invite only like showtime. Lax Masters and the ML8 lineup is very good and not invite only. Lax masters is Expensive though. the Player Series is decent. NXT is declining imho. Barely any coaches at the showcase; their tournaments had a lot more coaches. Apex is just too big and unwieldy. Too many kids and too many lower level assistant coaches present.
Re showcases. My 2025 just went through the cycle.

Juniors open. Was absolutely packed with every school under the sun. It’s very well attended because it’s pretty much first one in the summer.

Maverick - obviously very good. But same coaches as juniors open

Best in class was good

Nal rising 180- pre tourney was very well attended.

Msinstage was good. But, Day 1 of Mainstage has no coaches. So..,

Nike all star - very well attended

Nlf 120. Was good, Not great. Just 2 games
Also the later you go into July. Kids start dropping out, It’s hot etc.
NLF, juniors open, maverick, nationals asg, 1%
I think the goal is to be at AA tournaments so Legacy will do that for you but probably have to go to showcases and prospect days as well just like the back half of the top 25 teams rosters.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum