@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss Girls Lacrosse from the 2026 Graduating Year (7th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Season.
How did Manning blow that one last night against a town team?

I guess his latest proclivity of chasing heffers on the apps has taken his eye off the prize and he's forgot how to coach.

Overrated
Who did they play?
GC 2025. Lost in a braveheart OT. So basically a tie. And no need to talk about someone’s private life on this. This isn’t what it’s here for. Someone must be bitter
who has the best 2026 program? training etc...looking for my daughter who is pretty competitve but needs good training
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who has the best 2026 program? training etc...looking for my daughter who is pretty competitve but needs good training

Don't go to Y.J. They smack talk every other team yet have horrible role models and nickel and dime you.
We've had good experiences with YJ.

Don't go to Y.J. They smack talk every other team yet have horrible role models and nickel and dime you.

..if your daughter is new you might want to try another club first. its hard to get in the yj top teams by this age..

that is completely untrue. they actually have good coaches that are adults with college assistants or trainers ,,,unlike many other clubs who have just kid coaches.
. they have many teams in each age bracket too you do not need to start at the top.

that is completely untrue. they actually have good coaches that are adults with college assistants or trainers ,,,unlike many other clubs who have just kid coaches.
. they have many teams in each age bracket too you do not need to start at the top.

If you could, would go for garden city.

If you could, would go for garden city.

Garden city isn't a club team?
Garden City has a club team and it’s in the top 15 in the country for 2026. Tops Guns is just ahead of them in the rankings (although GC would probably crush them) then it’s Jesters and Manning in the top 7 in the 2026 class
Stop. No such thing as top in the country for 7th grade. Silly
Stop. No such thing as top in the country for 7th grade. Silly

Teams with 12 year-olds who haven't played a meaningful tournament since they were 10 year-olds but I'm sure these rankings are accurate....
stop yourself
Jesters top 26 s have all defected to other clubs.
Jesters top 26 s have all defected to other clubs.

teams will all be new this coming year ...including YJ lots of girls trying out.. Doesn't matter where you go. Try out for them all.. lots of girls will be tring out for other programs besides the ones they are on
Clearly none of you have been have been to any of the fall tourneys. There about 8-10 elite teams in the country that have had zero movement, then there is everyone else. Jesters lost one player to YJ Manning. 2026 isn’t a great year like others. After Manning, Jesters and GC there is everyone else. TG isn’t even on the same planet in this class.
Clearly none of you have been have been to any of the fall tourneys. There about 8-10 elite teams in the country that have had zero movement, then there is everyone else. Jesters lost one player to YJ Manning. 2026 isn’t a great year like others. After Manning, Jesters and GC there is everyone else. TG isn’t even on the same planet in this class.

true...there aren't as many girls in the pot to choose from. Many from TG are already saying they will tryout next year for other clubs...

true...there aren't as many girls in the pot to choose from. Many from TG are already saying they will tryout next year for other clubs...

depends I don't think there will really be much movement

This is a weak grade, especially if you take away Manning’s holdbacks.
Agree 100 percent.

This is a weak grade, especially if you take away Manning’s holdbacks.

holdbacks?? The team is older?
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. TG is second only to Manning Yj right now on the island. Until they beat them. Lost 2 Games to them 2-1 and 4-3 in OT. The rest are also rans, but keep saying it maybe someone will believe you.
NOT
Agree 100 percent.

Wait, what? All I have ever heard from LI parents is that there are NO holdbacks on Long Island.
“Come on man!” TG got smoked out this fall, embarrassed in MD. GC & Jesters would roll them by a half dozen. Maybe you are referring to some backyard scrimmages. It is what it is, TG in this class isn’t top dog. Nothing personal, just calling it like it is-
we expect Mannings team to be top dog in this group all the way through until graduation. he is a very dedicated coach, teaches the game and has tons of college coach contacts. tryout for his team. if she makes it you are in good hands.
we expect Mannings team to be top dog in this group all the way through until graduation. he is a very dedicated coach, teaches the game and has tons of college coach contacts. tryout for his team. if she makes it you are in good hands.

he’s a pedantic donk who was outcoached in the summer league playoffs losing to a town team

they also lost to a team I never herd of in the fall league
You are misinformed. Games I'm talking about were the last meaningful games played at real tournaments. GC, Jesters pounding their chests about fall ball and 7 v7 s. Keep telling trying to convince yourself. See everyone on the fields this summer. Thats the only time it counts. Lets wait and see.
Touché! Having said that it’s amazing how steep the drop off is after these teams for 2026.
You are misinformed. Games I'm talking about were the last meaningful games played at real tournaments. GC, Jesters pounding their chests about fall ball and 7 v7 s. Keep telling trying to convince yourself. See everyone on the fields this summer. Thats the only time it counts. Lets wait and see.

so the games played in the summer and fall leagues which were 12 v 12 on full turf fields with certified officials and playoffs don’t count when that was the only real lacrosse most teams played all of 2020?

but games played almost two years ago are a better measurement of your dominance?

convenient
Truth bombs for sure. TG is in for a rude awakening as most will defect to YJ and Jesters at this point. Remember seeing the fall results. Suspect performances at best- is TG going to Nationals?

so the games played in the summer and fall leagues which were 12 v 12 on full turf fields with certified officials and playoffs don’t count when that was the only real lacrosse most teams played all of 2020?

but games played almost two years ago are a better measurement of your dominance?

convenient

didn't YJ 26 do overall ok with teams that were basically older in the summer >?? they played 2025's at 24s no? they got new players from jesters right? tg wasn't in it at all were they? My kid will try out this year for YJ and prob Jesters
Touché! Having said that it’s amazing how steep the drop off is after these teams for 2026.

TJ is going to dominate fo sure and will best Jesters and YJ by at least 5 each game. Going to be delightful and much deserved,
Tg hasn't done the nationals in a few years. Waste of time at the end of a long summer circuit. No Maryland teams so its all also rans, but you are so smart you knew that.
No, thats why I said lets see what happens this summer. Instead of claims of false bravado and mass defections.
kids do a lot of movement in the next couple years. Teams start dividing even amongst themselves...you'll see ..if it isn't already happening yet it will...happens in every age group and ... it happens to every team. . paretns trying to up one another...
kids do a lot of movement in the next couple years. Teams start dividing even amongst themselves...you'll see ..if it isn't already happening yet it will...happens in every age group and ... it happens to every team. . paretns trying to up one another...

yes look what happened to 2025s....

what significant happened with them 25s?

isnt there still one really good team then everyone else?

in what age group? the 2026 there is only one good team on LI ...YJ is prob that team. Jesters had a running for a while but a few of their players left for YJ
I think you'll be proven wrong this summer.

in what age group? the 2026 there is only one good team on LI ...YJ is prob that team. Jesters had a running for a while but a few of their players left for YJ

would be a lot closer if you took away mannings 2025s
I guess we will see how many 2025s Manning has on his team in July for the US lacrosse Nationals..Not sure you are right about that at all.

What 2025 girls play on Manning?? top 8 kids on Manning are very good players; bottom third of that roster will be moved to the B team if and when some top players jump ship to YJ
No ones jumping to YJ at this point. First Rodeo? Kids are settled in your not gonna move your bottom third who are OK with not playing after pool game are over.

What 2025 girls play on Manning?? top 8 kids on Manning are very good players; bottom third of that roster will be moved to the B team if and when some top players jump ship to YJ

all of the top 8 kids weren’t born in 2026, I work in the business and have seen the rosters and we all know the truth.

we also all know that nationals allow a fair amount of roster fluidity if you read the rules

I can post the the birth dates on a no name basis if that helps, but im not sure that’s the right thing to do.
I hope they weren't born in 2026, that would be nuts........
There is no fluidity in the US Lacrosse National rules, if you are born after September 1st of 2007 you are eligible to play in the 2026 bracket. If not you are not. A child born in October, November or December of 2007 is not a hold back or a "25". If you are talking much earlier birthday in 2007 then you may have a point.
I am pretty sure that Mannings team has no kids born in early 2007. Leave it alone and compete.
Agreed leave it be and my kid doesn’t even play for YJ. Manning’s team is excellent even if there some kids are born in late 2007- who cares? They are a super talented group that would beat most 2025 club teams anyway! YJ has a huge Suffolk pool to select from and they get the best of the best. Let’s give credit where it’s due- looking forward to giving them some stiff competition this summer!
They are a good team but would not beat most 25 A teams from legitimate clubs. Again YJ is a great hype machine.
Looks like Jesters reloaded those defects as they apparently beat Manning last night
Tg hasn't done the nationals in a few years. Waste of time at the end of a long summer circuit. No Maryland teams so its all also rans, but you are so smart you knew that.

Only reason MD teams not there, is can’t make age requirements! They start young on the holdbacks. Nothing to do with end of a “long summer circuit”! They play year round.
Not really sure US Nationals is a waste of time. Maryland can’t make the age cut. Tell it like it is!
Not really sure US Nationals is a waste of time. Maryland can’t make the age cut. Tell it like it is!
Hero’s will be there…
Impressive
Looks like Jesters reloaded those defects as they apparently beat Manning last night

Impressive
Jesters 26' beat Manning, GC 25' and GC 26' recently.
Who is Manning? Where does he coach?
My daughter will be trying out for a club team for the first time. Has played PAL and a mini club team as well as her school team. Recommendations please!
Which Jesters 26 team?
I’d like to see where you are pulling birthdays from. All of Manning’s girls are 2026 graduates.Your attempt to try and slander 12 -13 year old athletes is shameful. Your. Child clearly 1) couldn’t make Manning’s team. Or 2) was beaten by Manning & you can’t accept it. They are a great team & very fun to watch.
WHY EXACTLY would that be nuts?
I’d like to see where you are pulling birthdays from. All of Manning’s girls are 2026 graduates.Your attempt to try and slander 12 -13 year old athletes is shameful. Your. Child clearly 1) couldn’t make Manning’s team. Or 2) was beaten by Manning & you can’t accept it. They are a great team & very fun to watch.

i agree that was a disturbing post....clearly kid didn't make it... I would like to see that character actually post the birthdays.....so notIntelligent

“2026 graduate” is ambiguous with respect to age

And pulling actual birthdays isn’t that hard if you work in or around the business. Think how many waivers and registrations you have all filled in in the past year?

I would never call individual kids out and I have no idea who the original poster referenced , but there are few kids who probably should be playing for spalina or janneli on that team. But the rules are the rules and im sure every family had their own reasons.

either way its still a top team with a great coach

if you want to debate calendar vs. graduation year there is a whole separate thread for that
Manning is playing at US Nationals. It's aged based. My guess is Manning will have a full roster for the tourney.
Manning is playing at US Nationals. It's aged based. My guess is Manning will have a full roster for the tourney.

doenst matter there are a certain number of previous year birth dates allows per the team

no one said his whole team was holdbacks

doenst matter there are a certain number of previous year birth dates allows per the team

Show me where it says they allow it? I'll wait.
Hats off to Top Guns Black, YJ Manning and Jesters Black. Excellent showing this past weekend at Live Love Lax!

And pulling actual birthdays isn’t that hard if you work in or around the business. Think how many waivers and registrations you have all filled in in the past year?

I would never call individual kids out and I have no idea who the original poster referenced , but there are few kids who probably should be playing for spalina or janneli on that team. But the rules are the rules and im sure every family had their own reasons.

if you want to debate calendar vs. graduation year there is a whole separate thread for that

Who cares! LI teams going up against MD teams that are full of “holdbacks” ! There is obviously advantages to hold backs, extra year of developing skills and IQ. If comp. is going to do it and get advantages and it’s allowed, then if you can, than why not. Or else, the game needs to change to age based to even playing field.

Since you can't show me, I'll show you... Per USA Lax website US Youth Nationals...
#3: All Players competing in the 13U division (2026) must have been born on or after 9/1/2007.
#11: All players must meet the age requirements, no exceptions.

So maybe we'll see some short benches, but we won't see holdbacks.
How many 2026 brackets/levels were at Live Love Lax this weekend? Was it "A" brackets and "B" brackets??
There was 9 groupings with any where from 6-8 in a group. Looks like there was 3 "A" groupings. With some pretty good battles at the top.

Who cares! LI teams going up against MD teams that are full of “holdbacks” ! There is obviously advantages to hold backs, extra year of developing skills and IQ. If comp. is going to do it and get advantages and it’s allowed, then if you can, than why not. Or else, the game needs to change to age based to even playing field.

Man they must really drill that holdback nonsense into you on LI. Girl holdbacks are very, very rare. On the boys side it happens all the time. Of all the girls on the M&D, SW and Heros teams I know of 3 holdbacks total. And all of them were born in August so it's less than a month.

Since you can't show me, I'll show you... Per USA Lax website US Youth Nationals...
#3: All Players competing in the 13U division (2026) must have been born on or after 9/1/2007.

so how does it work where YJs go every year?

do some girls not get to go because of age?

or are there just zero holdbacks on any of the top YJ teams?
When are tryouts for different clubs in this age group. I have only seen 1 list their tryout dates?

there are no yj holdbacks so stop

there are no yj holdbacks so stop

There seem to be a lot less holdbacks on LI than some other lacrosse dominated “crabby” states! Those states seemed to figure out how to work the holdback system much better. Hard to “holdback” kids on LI in public school system without legitimate reasons!! Lacrosse isn’t a legitimate reason as it seems to be in some other states
The only holdbacks are if they are Fall birthdays and their parents didn't want them to go to kindergarten when they were four years old.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum