Originally Posted by Anonymous

You're NUTS!

To each his own but I agree. This comment is nuts and/or badly informed. 20 years after graduation no one will care what number you graduated if you come out of a top tier, recognized school. If you go to Harvard, Yale or Northwestern, etc, you'll get into graduate school, if you want, and have a very real head start in life irrespective of your class ranking. The value of the brand cant be underestimated. [/quote]

Please if you are just a young student and reading this go out and do research. I have been involved with admissions to a very competitive graduate school on Long Island for years and the above post could not be further from the truth. Graduate schools set certain standards for admission one of which is GPA irrespective of school attended. If you go to Harvard and graduate with a 2.0 GPA you will not be going to Medical School in this country, if you graduate from Hofstra with a 3.8 you have a chance. [/quote]

When the final choice is between Harvard and Hofstra you take Hofstra I'll take Harvard. BTW there are no competitive graduate schools on Long Island.