Originally Posted by Anonymous

"I hope your kid goes to Northwestern which is a great school with great academics but lots of these kids are going to schools they never heard of until a program showed interest and money. Hopefully its a good fit for all."

That's the point Northwestern is not for everybody, cold, coach that is notoriously difficult .Ask the alumni of the lax program many say it was not the greatest experience.

When a lacrosse player turns 21 he/she is a nobody. The point is if you get into Northwestern you go regardless of what the coach is or isnt. Anybody making decisions based on any reason other than where there kid will get the best education should have their heads examined.

Untrue, some kids would be a terrible fit for Northwestern and would be home looking for another school in less then 2 years. These kids shouldn't go to Northwestern even if offered athletic money and admission.

If they got into Northwestern they would get into some other school suitable to them. The point is education is primary not the other way around. Their education will stay with them for the rest of their lives and the athletics will come to an end.

Actually you are really off base. Its not up to you to pass judgment on kids college choices which are done for many different reasons. My opinion kids should pick a school they would want to be at even if they did not play lacrosse which might not always be the highest ranked college they get into. I would rather have my kid go to the #50 ranked academic school and be in the top 10 percent of the graduating class as compared to go to Harvard and be in the bottom struggling for 4 years.

You're NUTS!

To each his own but I agree. This comment is nuts and/or badly informed. 20 years after graduation no one will care what number you graduated if you come out of a top tier, recognized school. If you go to Harvard, Yale or Northwestern, etc, you'll get into graduate school, if you want, and have a very real head start in life irrespective of your class ranking. The value of the brand cant be underestimated.