I wanted to try and bring a bit of "reality" (based in some actual data and facts) and different perspective to this forum. This post in not intended to "put down" any team or program but is merely my opinion of what the club landscape looks like today and how that translates into girls progressing to the next level. There are obviously some major "assumptions" in this but I think it gives some relatively useful insight.

If you look at the data (per Laxpower 2014-15 recruit database), there are ~ 1,060 D1 recruits each year (not including transfers). This number seems reasonable given that there are 107 D1 Women's Programs and each D1 program recruits ~ 9 girls per class (9 * 107 = 963). So let's keep it at a nice round number and say there are ~ 1,000 D1 Recruits each year.

If you look at breakdown of the quality of club teams and distribution of which club teams these D1 Recruits come from, the breakdown is approximately as follows:

Tier 1 Programs (Defined as the Top 1-10 Clubs in the Country): In my opinion, there are 4-5 clear top teams that are distinctly better than the rest- M&D Black, YJ Blue, Capital BLue, Skywalkers Blue and Lady Roc Yellow (Lady Roc could be questioned but they recently performed very well at the Presidents Cup). Then teams 6-10 (Top Guns Black, Steps Blue, TLC Red, Heros, and maybe MD United) are very strong but a slight notch down from the top 5. For these Top 10 programs, ~ 22 girls on each team ultimately play D1 (source: Laxpower and some of the club websites for these teams).

Tier 2 Programs (Defined as the Top 11-40 Teams in the country): These next 30 teams have been derived from tournament performance over this past summer and this fall). From a Long Island perspective, this group (in my opinion) includes YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate Blue, and Liberty. These teams are very good teams in the larger landscape of girls youth lacrosse in the country and games between these teams are competitive. These teams could also compete with Teams 6-10 but struggle against the Top 5 teams. From these Tier 2 teams, there are ~ 15 girls from each team that, on average, are recruited to play D1 (source- Laxpower and various club websites in this group.

Tier 3 Teams: There are the Top 41-60 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, LI Express would be in this group. There are ~ 7 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

Tier 4 Teams: These are the Top 61-100 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, I have not included YJ Team 3, 91, fl$, Beach Bums, etc in this group although I'm sure some could argue they belong in this group. There are ~ 4 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

So in summary, the distribution of recruits to D1 is:

Tier 1 Teams (~ 22 girls/team)- 220 recruits
Tier 2 Teams (~ 15 girls/team)- 450 recruits
Tier 3 Teams (~ 7 girls/team)- 140 recruits
Tier 4 Teams (~ 4 girls/team)- 160 recruits
Other 30 recruits
Total recruits -1,000 recruits

From a Long Island perspective, there were 125 D1 recruits from the graduating 2014 high school class split between ~ 45 girls from Tier 1 (e.g. YJ Blue and Top Guns Black), ~ 60 girls from Tier 2 (e.g. YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate and Liberty), ~ 10 from Tier 3, and ~ 10 from other programs.

In terms of the distribution of which D1 programs these recruits go to, it is roughly as follows ("Top Program" defined by Laxpower 2014 Computer Ranking):

Tier 1 (Top 5 teams):
Top 30 D1 Program- 75%
Top 31-60 D1 Program- 15%
Top 61-107 D1 Program- 10%

Tier 1 Top 6-10 & Tier 2 Programs:
Top 30 D1 Program - 25%
Top 31-60 D1 Program - 30%
Top 61-107 D1 Prog. - 20%
Not Playing D1 - 25%

SO IN SUMMARY, My TAKE IS:
1. The vast majority of girls playing on a Tier 1 team are elite lacrosse players capable of playing at the highest level in college.
2. The majority of girls playing on a Tier 2 team are very strong lacrosse players capable of playing D1 lacrosse. The top quarter of girls on these teams can play on the highest level college programs, although many of these girls end up playing on "mid-tier" D1 programs (by the way, there are numerous outstanding academic schools in this "mid-tier" category).
3. Approximately 1/3 of girls on Tier 3 teams will end up playing D1 lacrosse. Many of the remaining girls are very good players and end up playing D2 or D3 in college.
4. The vast majority of Tier 4 players have opportunities at D2 and D3 programs although there are some who end up playing D1.