Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Mr .Chanachuck.. How is it ok for express to have legitimate 6th graders on a 5th grade team? I saw the coaches arguing and then tournament staff came over and did an age verification on one of the NYC express kid..we were also told there was a 6th grader from Floral park (who was very good) playing midi on Express 2022-2

There's no reason for it ...other than greed..that how kids get hurt!

I laugh at the "Kids get hurt" BS about kids playing up or down, a few 8th graders play JV and varsity and many 9th graders play varsity, that's 14 and 15 year old kids playing against 17 and 18 year old men yet I have never once heard of a 9th grade parent saying "no thank you, I don't want my son playing varsity because me might get hurt" everyone of us will and do jump at the opportunity.

The difference is that the kid was playing DOWN an age group, your own example has someone playing UP in high school - BIG difference.

Exactly.the guy above you sounds like an idiot.f ' ing dope

When your son plays up in 9th grade you and he are making that choice to play up with all the risks.
When your son plays down you are making the choice for all the other kids to now play up against your older kid. Get it now? Most parents don't want their kid to play up at the youth level.