Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
Beat M&D Black and skywalkers blue not every time , but beat them.
What makes them the worst top team.??. Is it because people came on here and said so??

Okay , which other YJ top team do you think they are better than , obviously relative to how they fair against other teams there age. You certainly cannot make an argument they are best team in the country in their age

Funny to watch you all argue about best teams in country etc. Lax is just now starting to take off in other areas. "The country" consists of a few states in the mid-Atlantic at the moment. And the funniest thing is that the best team in the 2019 age group might not even be from that area actually. But it might take you guys until next summer to find that out!

Beware, the end of the LI/MD reign is near ...
My daughter is a 2015 and has played teams from all over and let me throw my thoughts in on this state by state

Maryland- by far the best players and coaches (and I'm from L.I.) very smart and talented

Florida- Fast girls but lack stick skills and lax I.Q. don't see them being better than Md. Or L.I. anytime soon

Texas and California- Big strong girls and very fast but the game and the coaches are still very new. not very good stick skills or lax I.Q.

Up State, Mass, Conn.- Very Smart, and good sticks but lacking something, If they find it they will be trouble for both L.I. and Md.

N.J. - very talented and good sticks, getting very aggressive a real problem

Penn.- east good west bad, neither a threat.

mid west and Georgia- coming on quick , not good sticks or I.Q. but getting their but not soon

Canada- good in close to the goal with good sticks and high I.Q. but need work on a full field, another problem for both L.I. and Md.

Colorado- Big girls, a lot of attention, but no sticks or I.Q. not very good

In short , I don't see any other region being a problem in my kids lifetime. But lets grow the game and see how it goes

Upstate girls are in the same category as LI & MD. Agree with MA & CT and pretty much everything else you stated.

The reason I say upstate girls are on the same level is how well they do in the state championships. Downstate does not dominate.

Ok ... when you say agree w Mass and Ct, I assume you mean they are very good but missing "something". I won't really argue the point because as a whole that is probably true. But Mass, in particular, has produced some truly top players, many of whom populated the great NW teams (including their HOF head coach btw). But I am curious what you both think is the missing "something". Is it just not enough of those players to create enough true top end depth? Or are you referring to a style of play? Or something else? I respect your opinions and am truly curious. Thx

Took a look at LaxPower rankings from last year and surprised to see Virginia put 7 HS teams in the final top 40. Third behind MD and NY