Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought I would have more dignity than to ever come and write on this blog. It’s bad enough I looked at the sight but when you hear your daughter has become a target for a disgruntled adult or a few adults, temptation becomes too great and you give in. But, we’re human and the last string of banter has put us over. I’m not registering but I don’t want to post anonymously. My daughter is a 2020 player that is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. When someone refers to her as the 2020 kid that played on TG 2019, you might as well put her name since there is only 1 kid that fits the description. For 99% of the YJ and TG families it is completely irrelevant what we do but to the 1% who seems to care, enough already. All your animosity is doing is drawing unwarranted attention to my daughter. Not just the person bashing but the person defending her. Please stop. You are feeding them! There are always people who do this whenever there is change. The right people get it and ignore it. There are so many good players and these girls are so young. It’s ridiculous to play them against each other who is better than who. They are all good and only together can they be great. Let them be. We have two older daughters playing competitive lacrosse so we know how this works. A few new dads of new young kids fight over who is the better team, better kid, better tattoo, better griller, better beer drinker. After 9th grade no one cares and the fighting begins with a new hot head dad coming into the new scene of travel lacrosse. I thought I could endure this stupidity until it blew over but I broke! For the record (and I know most of you don't care) but for the one who cares way too much, yes my daughter is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. She is hoping to make a new team, new friends, new teammates and CONTINUE with the great friendships she made at Top Guns. So are we. We hope the people at YJ will form their own opinion of us and our daughter. We hope she is a nice addition to any team she makes hopefully adds to the level of play that currently exists. I hope both YJ and TG lose a few games each so we can teach our girls to win with humility and lose without an excuse. You win some, you lose some. They are all good and will all find their way and grow in the process. Stop the bickering, the name calling and all the ugliness. I know there will be a string to follow this one poking at “the mom who posted this”. Let’s not dignify this site or this individual character or characters with any other posts on this subject.
JS

YEAH YEAH YEAH, how about you earn your spot, instead of backroom deals.

JS... tell us what is the reason behind leaving TG
Yes, my daughter is on TG, I would like to know why you chose to switch programs.