Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are all over the top. I get the fact that politics play a role in forming the teams and yes in a perfect world it should not. We do not live in a perfect world and the kid that makes a team that maybe they would not have should not be blamed.Easy to say to accept being moved down but in reality its not easy to tell your kid they will not be playing with their friends or the coach they love because they were not good enough and should work harder.That being said it is a teachable moment and running to another club or blaming politics is not really the best lesson.As far as when a "kid is amazing there are no politics" ,you need a reality check. There are politics at every level of life and sports no matter how good you are, go look at the senior recruit rankings , the best player on Long Island is ranked like 15 behind many players who openly admit she is the best. Is what it is.

That player got robbed.
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are all over the top. I get the fact that politics play a role in forming the teams and yes in a perfect world it should not. We do not live in a perfect world and the kid that makes a team that maybe they would not have should not be blamed.Easy to say to accept being moved down but in reality its not easy to tell your kid they will not be playing with their friends or the coach they love because they were not good enough and should work harder.That being said it is a teachable moment and running to another club or blaming politics is not really the best lesson.As far as when a "kid is amazing there are no politics" ,you need a reality check. There are politics at every level of life and sports no matter how good you are, go look at the senior recruit rankings , the best player on Long Island is ranked like 15 behind many players who openly admit she is the best. Is what it is.

That player got robbed.

Two best players on L.I. At 2015 age: WBab player on TG going to BC and Mt. Sinai player on YJ going to UF! Anyone who has watched this age group play would say so. After that, about 30 kids who are interchangeable....