Originally Posted by Anonymous
Perception of academic ranking as explained by a friend of mine who looked into a lot of them:
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

Your friend, sorry to say must have a kid going to Kellenberg. My son has friends who aren't that bright but got into Kellenberg and St. Anthony's but could not get into Chaminade. His ranking is wrong.

I am not the one who posted that list. I agree its way out of whack.

Why is there always this thing where Chaminade parents think that every kid wants to go to Chaminade?? Like EVRY kid envy's kids that go to Chaminade?? No, not true.

My son is a very strong student and wanted NO part of Chaminade. And BELIEVE IT OR NOT, many boys don't want to go there because they like to socialize with females and the school is basically in Queens. I am not saying that to be sarcastic, but trust that, many kids DONT WANT TO GO THERE.

I know its a great school, our family respects that. But we feel H.S. should be a mix of academics, sports & social life. He is a upper 90's average student committed D1 to a top academic university. And he goes to the "horrible" school called St.Anthony's. He's very happy, I hope yours is also.

Folks do understand that boys who go to Chaminade still socialize with girls? They had a freshman dance a few weeks ago and the yound ladies outnumber the young men by a bunch and these young ladies were from all over the island - attending both public and catholic schools.