Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
St. A's -- great sports, POOR academics. I know a number of parents that teach there who say they'd never send their kids there. Their latest ploy to improve their test scores and academic rankings is a massive push for foreirgn exchange students. I wonder if the foreigners will know that they pray in a three point stance there... Unless you are in a very weak public district, you are better off staying there.

I've heard this time and time again and it makes me cringe. Where do you people get off bashing St A's academics? Exactly on what basis do you make these assessments? Innuendo and hearsay but I never see any facts to back it up. Because grade inflation is rampant everywhere, the great equalizer is SAT and ACT scores. I'd like to see the standardized test scores of St A's students up against any other school on the Island.

Ok, so I an a public school teacher who tutors St. Anthony's kids. I can tell you that their curriculum is horrendous and they are not learning what they should be. I am literally embarrassed for their teachers. If you only knew what goes on there, you would never pay to send your kids. This comes from the horses mouth. A lot of smoke and mirrors!