Originally Posted by Anonymous
name one good coach at YJ 2020...what makes them good?

I could name multiple good coaches but some moron would probably just post some childish nonsense about them . What I will say is at the 2020 age there are many coaches who have experience playing the game at a high level and coaching the game at a high level. Some have been assistants to many of the best and most successful coaches in the game at both the high school and college levels. The top team alone has 4 coaches , 3 of which I believe are former or current all Americans .They run a great practice and most importantly the kids adore them and have a lot of fun. Say what you want but no other lax club has the number of experienced lacrosse coaches that YJ does.

Great player doesn't mean great coach, sorry!

No one said it does, but certainly does not hurt. You seem to ignore the parts about their coaching experience etc..What makes a coach good to a player is different for many players. I like a coach with some experience as a coach and a coach that gives out correction, some like coaches who are all positive and tell every kid how wonderful they are . If you want to be quantitative than I guess you could say the YJ 2020 coaches have alot of experience coaching girls lacrosse , more so than most organizationa have in every age group combined. 3 of the 4 are currently coaching at the high school level and the other is 1 of the best players in the country at the moment .

One step further, HS coach DEFINITELY does not equal good coach!!! Some HS coaches are terrible!Some are wonderful but more are mediocre and bad than good. CAnt make these statements about players and HS coaches make good club coaches. Club should be held to ahigher standard because we are paying for a service