Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mine has been on 2018 terps for four years now. Channy always up front and always reasonable if you have the nerve to pick up the phone and speak to him. If your kid is not a stud, he tells you very clearly. If your kid is a stud, he gets Jake Reed, Showtime and Philly Fresh Show.

He brings team to most competitive tournaments (Adrenaline and the like). I actually watched a game next to Virginia coaches. So, all people have a choice to make, if your kid is not a stud, perhaps this is not the place for you. If your kid is a stud (or has potential to be a stud) then you definitely want Channy or 91 extreme.

I admit I have missed of few games over the years, but the only time there were 30 players on the team was when we played both the 2017 and 2018 age brackets at NXT...

So, if you don't like express or channy move on to another team, but I think you will find that all of these clubs are basically the same and the politics of each situation lead to unhappy parents depending on whether your kid benefits from the politics or not.

If you are just looking for your kid to play lax and not thinking about playing at the next level, you don't need to be on express, you can play anywhere. If you bought into the dream that your kid is going to the next level (D-1), then he should already be on the A team and a stud.

Plenty of other opportunities to play in college that don't need channy or 91--plenty of good D-3 programs with great academics...but to waste your time complaining that you didn't get an email thanking your for trying out, or that your kid never sees the field because too many players...clearly you are in the wrong organization and you and your son would be happier some where else, so go and leave the rest of us in peace..

Nicely put! Yes, please move on.

So how many of these 30 will be D-1 commits- 10,15,20 ? Is you're little Jimmy a stud ?

here is the breakdown - hope this helps

19 D1's
2 Duke, 3 Maryland, 2 Ohio State, 1 Penn State and 1 ea. Harvard, Cornell, Navy, Penn, St Johns, Hofstra, UNC, Rutgers, Lehigh, Army and Bucknell

3 d2' 2 NYIT and 1 Post

5 D3's
Weslyn, Tufts, Centtenary, Western NE and Williams

and one will decide not to play in college

and Little Jimmy is going to Bucknell

That's fantastic and what the club experience should provide. The angst comes from those who have paid like you, have practiced like you, have travelled like you, but get nothing from the club. Sure, not all kids are college lacrosse material, but families shouldn't be strung along to think that the club is doing something for them, when in fact, they are not. Clubs should be honest about that and the honesty comes from not having an abundance of teams per grade in order to line pockets.

Your post proves that if you're not on the A team, get out before you waste a year.