I do not think that there is any correlation between success in the spring and where the kids play in the summer.

Massapequa and Smithtown East kids play for various clubs. Traditionally Garden City and Manhasset kids have played Club Ball in the summer. Syosset kids play Club and Town. West Islip kids play for West Islip. Ward Melville kids have done both.

I think the broader the experience the better. Playing with different players and playing for different coaches can help a player in their development. There can be no question that playing on one of the “Top” Club Teams has certain benefits.
Access to the top recruiting showcases, participation in the most competitive tournaments, excellent coaching, playing with the strongest players and an additional advocate for your son are all positive. These benefits are most important for the rising 9th and 10th graders and maybe the rising 11th graders as well.

If the HS Coach turns a profit off the “Town Club Team” and there is the slightest hint that there will be repercussions if you do not play for that team then there is a conflict of interest. If playing for a club team is held against a player there is a problem. They say that perception is reality so if the perception is that you have to play for the Town Team “or else” there is a problem.

In the end, I think there is a conflict of interest especially if the HS is involved at the younger grades.